Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 09:22 AM   #361  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Golden Girls,

I always enjoy coming here and listening to all the different oponions. Most are right on and they make me LOL sometimes.

I worked Midnights Tuesday night and i'm still getting over it. My DGS spent the night and I didn't get to sleep much the next day. I did sleep well last night so I'm feeling better today.

I've been married for 46 years, same man. I've never really thought about divorce, but i've thought about murder a few times. He's cheap, He's a nag, and he doesn't clean the way I want. Good point, he is the most honest person I know. He's a mechanic and can fix anything. he does all the outside work. Worst thing is, I like my free time. It was fine when he was working, but now he's home. All the time. And he follows me around and wants to go with me EVERYWHERE! I like Gayle's idea about having ajoining houses. That would work for me.

Rie, I guess parents all want us to have "someone". But you've figured out what works for you and you're happy with that. You may met someone, you may not. I know women that are not happy without a man in their life, good man or not. Just a man. I have a friend who has been married 5 times. All the men could be rolled into one, they were so alike. Kind of crazy to keep doing the same thing over and over and keep expecting different results.

Lynn, glad to see you back.

Rose, Sorry that DH has to wait so long to have surgery. I had a torn rotator cuff and it's not fun. Men are not good patients are they?

Matti, HI, welcome. Look forward to getting to know you.

Freda
Old 02-23-2012, 09:29 AM   #362  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG's,

One day down, two to go.

I had made a whole long post on a word document, but decided I would not bore you all with it. I don't know why I am unable to tell something in a brief manner.

Mostly it is about frustrations with my dr. I am having to leave work for a physical therapy appointment because that dr's office is a mess and have screwed things up. I prefer to make my appointments on my days off, but this time I had not choice but to do it this way.

Also, I needed an appointment with her to renew my medications, but she is not taking any more appointments ~ she is leaving. I wish she had had the courtesy to tell me that at my appointment in January, so I could have had time to find another dr in time for the medicines and not have to rush make a decision. Now, worrying that I will run out of medicine before I can get this taken care of. DH is helping by trying to follow up for me. This is the time when his presistence (which is irritating at times) comes in handy

Got out late last night by almost 2 hours. Didn't sleep well. I think because of getting out late, my supper was too close to bed time. Oh well, hopefully I will get out on time tonight and rest better.

Ok, Gayle enough moaning ~ I am thankful to be alive another day

Hope you all have a good day. See you tonight

Oh, Freda ~ your comment: but i've thought about murder a few times.
Just made my day ~ I will be smiling all day thinking of that ~ I can identify with that feeling. You would be saving some other poor woman the same fate ~ LOL.

Last edited by glynne; 02-23-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:48 AM   #363  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Hi Everyone,

Back to being accountable –

149 lbs

Breakfast – Nugo Protein bar

Morning Snack – Bran/cranberry muffin top

Lunch - slice of Isabella's Tomato Tart

Afternoon Snack -None

Dinner - 2 sl lo-carb bread; a soy burger; 2 whole grain perogies

Evening Snack - lo-carb yogurt; SF/FF pudding; Simply Jiff Peanutbutter

Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty View Post
I have really enjoyed reading about everyone and also the daily menu's. I Know I'm eating too much. I'm eating like I an 18 again. My appetite is still like I was young and now i cannot burn it all off. So I know I've got to do some cutting back.
Hi Matty,

I have dieted all my adult life. For the first time in my life, I have actually maintained a weight loss (I lost 40 lbs between 2006 and 2007 and have not gained it back). Here is what I have learned works for me – eat less and exercise more. It takes a burn of 3,500 calories to lose 1 pound. If you are staying the same, it means you have a balance between the number of calories you are eating and burning. If you are gaining, it means you are eating more then you are burning. To lose, you must burn more and eat less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
does anyone else watch biggest looser and if so what did you think of last nights show?
Hi Rosey,

I watch it. For some reason, I just cannot develop any “caring” about any of the folks this season. Daphne and Adrian never really had a chance at breaking into the already formed groups. The one I REALLY cannot stand is Conda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelee10 View Post
Lynn - nice to meet you too. Thanks for the tips. I will try
them when I get back to computer. What do you teach?'
Hi Dee,

I teach various graduate-level courses to teachers who want to become Principals or Supervisors. The two I teach most often are Ed Psych and Ed Research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post
Rie, I guess parents all want us to have "someone". But you've figured out what works for you and you're happy with that. You may met someone, you may not. I know women that are not happy without a man in their life, good man or not. Just a man. I have a friend who has been married 5 times. All the men could be rolled into one, they were so alike. Kind of crazy to keep doing the same thing over and over and keep expecting different results.
Hi Freda,

I SERIOUSLY prefer being NOT married. I am NOT good at compromise. To tell the truth, I do not much enjoy the company of most men. I find most of them to be really boring. My first DH was abusive and my second DH, was ill. I did not enjoy marriage. My 2nd DH and I had a WONDERFUL Camelot-like relationship for 25 years before we got married. For the 2 years we were actually married, I was much more of a caretaker than a wife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
I had made a whole long post on a word document, but decided I would not bore you all with it. I don't know why I am unable to tell something in a brief manner. Mostly it is about frustrations with my dr.
Hi Gayle,

I ABSOLUTELY know what you mean about being frustrated with doctors. Once I turned 60, it seemed like every day I wake up and figure out which of my various illnesses will cause me the most problems today. I am sick of the bunch of doctors trying to keep me going. For the most part, the meds that are keeping me alive are also the things causing me the most problems.
Oh well, hope today is good for you.

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 02-23-2012 at 06:17 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:53 AM   #364  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Piano hinges are from the devil!!!

DH and I have struggled this morning trying to reattach a two piece corner door that has a piano hinge attaching the two parts. Well, you'd think we'd just attach the new hinge where the old one went. Wrong! No matter where we attached the hinge something was wrong. There are so many screw holes going down the sides that we'll soon not have any wood left to hang the fool thing. I filled in the holes with wood putty so it doesn't look so bad even though it is on the inside of the door. Anyway, I ordered DH to go back to work, made dinner and I'm feeling a little more mellow than I was earlier. We'll try again and eventually the door will be hung and we'll say we did a good job (I hope).

I made an interesting dish for dinner. I have several boxes of whole wheat linguine that we don't like. I use ww pasta but the linguine just never tasted "right" and never gave a good mouth feel. Being the frugal woman I am, I wouldn't throw out the pasta and have been trying to figure out how to cook it so we'll enjoy it. Well, I hit on it today. I cooked the linguine as directed on the package but I broke up the strands into 3 or 4 pieces so they were fairly short. When the noodles were cooked I drained them and mixed them with a spaghetti sauce with mushrooms, onions and green pepper. Then I layered the sauced noodles with a ricotta, mozzarella and cheddar mixture, ending with cheese. I baked the whole thing and served it with salad and garlic bread and baked beans for DH. I call the dish Lazy Lasagna. Anyway, we won't have any trouble getting rid of the two boxes left in the cupboard.

Lynn, glad you are enjoying the tomato tart. I thought 2 Tablespoons of mustard would be way too much but the little I spread over the crust was just enough to bring out a subtle flavour that was very nice. I'll bet it would be good with feta cheese, a little cream and olives. I guess you can mix up the cheese to your own personal liking. That's my kind of recipe.

Welcome, Matty. You're in the right place here, girl. You'll not only get support for weight loss but any other stresses that life throws at you.

Right now I can't handle doing personals because I can't concentrate as all I can think of is cupboards. When the cupboards are finally done we have the counter top to start on but hopefully we'll have someone install that. Then comes the floor. The cupboards are starting to look nice but will need a few more coats of paint before the knobs go on.

I'm going to send out a GREAT BIG HUG to all of you. I just so enjoy reading about everyone's day.

Be good.

Last edited by retiredone; 02-23-2012 at 11:56 AM. Reason: If I find a gramatical or spelling mistake, I have to fix it. I don't care about the mistakes I can't see. LOL
Old 02-23-2012, 12:24 PM   #365  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Hola, Everyone!

Just a quick drive-by... the WeatherFools said "one inch" and the strawberry hanger thingie had about 6" accumulation this morning... the sun is shining, and it's snowing! Good grief! I don't think this one will hang around long.

Nothing new, different, interesting OR exciting! Life is boring, um, serene.... SamCat sends wags.

Everyone, have a good one!
Old 02-23-2012, 12:49 PM   #366  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Today I went to the doctor and he opened my holes more to make it easier to put the packing in. I know that must sound strange to the newbys who don't know the whole story. 3 holes opened up on my incision after surgery and have to be packed every day in order to heal. The outside of the holes was closing up before the inside of the hole had healed. The visiting nurse isn't going to be happy because she wanted to quit packing, but I say "Do you job and shut up!" LOL He just poked them open with the end of a q-tip. It really hurt. I kept yelling "Owww" and he kept saying "I'm sorry", but he kept on poking!

Rosie - Sorry that your DH has to wait for his surgery. It's a pain when you just want to get it overwith so you'll feel better.

I watch Biggest Loser but this season I'm just watching the weigh-in and the voting. I like when they show how the person looks now.

Rie - I'm sure your parents are concerned for you because they want you to have someone to take care of you, but it doesn't always turn out that way. Besides, it doesn't seem like you need someone to take care of you....you do just fine! Not marrying until age 35, I DO understand single. People who feel sorry a single woman are way off base IMO. I remember when I told one friend I was getting married she got mad at me. She said "You made it this far without it, why mess up now?" Now that I'm married I see where she was coming from. Not that I'm ready for divorce, I just understand the trial of marriage.

I had to change my ticker. I am up 9 lbs!!!!!! I simply MUST change my eating!!
Old 02-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #367  

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
I made an interesting dish for dinner. I have several boxes of whole wheat linguine that we don't like. I use ww pasta but the linguine just never tasted "right" and never gave a good mouth feel. Being the frugal woman I am, I wouldn't throw out the pasta and have been trying to figure out how to cook it so we'll enjoy it. Well, I hit on it today. I cooked the linguine as directed on the package but I broke up the strands into 3 or 4 pieces so they were fairly short. When the noodles were cooked I drained them and mixed them with a spaghetti sauce with mushrooms, onions and green pepper. Then I layered the sauced noodles with a ricotta, mozzarella and cheddar mixture, ending with cheese. I baked the whole thing and served it with salad and garlic bread and baked beans for DH. I call the dish Lazy Lasagna. Anyway, we won't have any trouble getting rid of the two boxes left in the cupboard.
Hi Isabella,

I also have a package of ww pasta in my freezer that I have not been anxious to use. I am going to try your recipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
Just a quick drive-by... the WeatherFools said "one inch" and the strawberry hanger thingie had about 6" accumulation this morning... the sun is shining, and it's snowing! Good grief! I don't think this one will hang around long.
Hi Donna,

Last year we had snow almost every week. This year we had one snow and it was before Halloween!
My DD’s daffodils are actually blooming (usually they don’t bloom until April).

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmn11 View Post
I watch Biggest Loser but this season I'm just watching the weigh-in and the voting. I like when they show how the person looks now.
Hi Carol Sue,

I Tivo it because I can’t stand all the commercials. I find that I am fast-forwarding through most of it this season.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:16 PM   #368  

Hi everyone another quiet day. dh slept late. hes on some new pain management meds thats suppose to help him sleep. it must have worked as he didnt budge all nite. his shoulder really throbs esp at nite. it feels like a "gorking" day esp since its snowing again. Lynn im glad im not the only one that feels those 2 got a bum deal on biggest looser,they never had a chance and i hope condra gets whats coming to her! ttfn rosey
Old 02-23-2012, 05:57 PM   #369  

Height: 5'3"

Busy, busy, busy,...but can't forget to stop into chat with my GGs! Dh was going to go fishing but his buddy backed out on him and it's cloudy and cool so he decided to stay home instead. I like having him around but he needs sunny weather as he sits around too much when it's like this. Guess that's why going south was better for him. Hopefully once "the house" is gone we can go down more often even without an RV.

My Little Caesar win came today. I thought the duffle bag would likely be a giveaway but turned out dh wants it for a gym bag! So it's a keeper. The little stuffed toy will go to gd when she gets here. And of course I knew we would use the $5 GC. I guess I lost a $10 GC I got from mypoints.com. Either accidentally threw it away or misplaced... Just in case anyone's interested, Mypoints.com is a site where they send you emails, you click on them and get points which you save until you get enough and then get GCs. Of course ifi you buy you get more points but I almost never do. I still get a few GCs a year from them. If anyone decides to sign up, use me as your referral please. Think my username is my email: [email protected]

I ordered some legwarmers for my grandaughter (2 1/2)..some of you may remember Princess Claire I thought they were so cute, I couldn't resist plus I got a good deal on them. I got them in hot pink Here's a pic: http://littlepeapodboutique.com/item...Legwarmers.htm She can wear them with her tu-tu that she basically lives in! LOL I also ordered a little outfit for the new baby girl that's due in July (youngest son's). So had some fun shopping!

Matty - I hope I've welcomed you...I'm getting old and forgetful...but if not please know I'm glad you're here.

Rie - Were you the one that asked what wine flavoring is? Well I had no clue of this myself before winning this prize and I haven't opened it but it appears to just be packets of fruit flavoring like you might add to water or something. It recommends using it with wine or juice. So might be a berry flavoring, cranberry or whatever I suppose. I'm keeping as is to give as gifts.

Last edited by maryea; 02-23-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:53 PM   #370  

Hi everyone. dh decided to cook for his buddy who had heart surg. hes like a bull in a china shop in my one fanny kitchen anyways he got a hamburger helper dinner made,salad, and a cherry pie with my help. too funny for words,but made me laugh. hes off delivering so i have some me time. one of his qualitys that i love is he always has the capacity to surprize me ,just when ive got him pegged he does a turnabout. never dull for sure. for awhile now i have been looking for a girlfriend for gizmo. my grdd who i cant say no too wants a puppy from him. so i finally found a new litter of small longhaired chihuahaus, and they have 2 girls. talked to the lady today and we are going to look at them after the 28th when she gets home from her job on the north slope(produe bay oil worker) im excited to have anew fur baby and it will be awhile befor shes old enuff for babies which will be new experience for us. not a done deal yet tho as i have to see them 1st and you know i wont be able to resist hoping you evenings great rosey

breakfast
coffee
1 slice gluten free bread
1/2 t mayo
1/2 t jam
1 slice turkey yummy sand which

lunch
celery with cream cheese
terriaki stick (moose)

snack
coffee mocha

dinner
chix breast
sweet potatoe
salad
Old 02-23-2012, 06:55 PM   #371  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hi all...Still rainy soggy down here.Dash had on his thundershirt yesterday! House is clean and neat except for the wash that is building. The thought of going to a laundrymat gives me the creepy crawlys. Closest one has bunch of drunks hanging out.

Luckly the last 2 books I downloaded were cheap (.99). I can't believe I read a book written by a yellow lab named Jake. It was cute for about 2 chapters and got old fast.

About marriage there is an underlaying factor in all our descriptions. I said shot, Freda said murder...hmmmmm

Another continuing factor seems like all the shows, Survivor, BG, Housewives are about whines and complaints and blaming someone else. Gee on the housewives they were in Africa and wanted to see tigers(??????). Got mad because they would have to go to India! The way they have been treating each other on BG I just watch the last 15 minutes, too. Suvivor OMG I'd like to be in charge of those weak ninies! I'd be the drill sergant from H*ll!

Mary....quick take your email address off.......Hurry

5 more days until washer comes and also get new hearing aid testing. Year old ones don't work and they tell me it is in my mind not their equipment. So how come I can wear the headphones and hear tv clearly. I have been so ripped off by this name brand I could scream. Hugh amount of money has been spent on 2 sets in 6 yrs! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr See why I want a BIG STICK!

Bye from the combat booted bloused jean wearing ole snorting huffing ticked off florida crone. k3

ps bbl for personals when i cool off
Old 02-23-2012, 08:07 PM   #372  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Glad Rosey told us on FB how to get into 3FC. I've been cursing the "database error" all day!

Lynn - remember that last year we had 2" of snow from JANUARY 2010 UNTIL MARCH 2011? It was horrible... and, of course, you all got slammed with our and your normal share on the east coast. MamaNature is just trying to square us, that's all... I don't mind, especially since I have SnowBlowerJoe across the street!

Pretty good day at work... oil changed in the car and new wiper blades (YAY!!)... good dinner. Life is fine!

Later, Lovelies!
Old 02-23-2012, 08:31 PM   #373  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello everyone, I too have tried to get in here today and the data error was driving me crazy! I have been enjoying wathcing the Decorah Eagles. Bobbi post a link a while back I think. Right now Mom is sitting on two eggs and they are expecting a third. The link to see it if anyone is interested is: http://www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles

I find it fascinating to watch.

I forget who asked about when we celebrated our anniversary-- we celebrate both dates.... But the major celebration is on Dec. 31!! We figure everyone celebrates our anniversary on New Year's Eve!! LOL!!!

Helllo to everyone tonight... My day has been busy today and I am now doing laundry. Sissy goes to her yearly vet appt. tomorrow afternoon and I am hoping to get her bathed before we go. then have so much to do to get caught up on.... I am spending A LOT of time watching these Eagels-- they are addicting!!! Thanks Bobbi!! LOL!!!

Have a good night
Old 02-23-2012, 11:05 PM   #374  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

Almost time for bed. Two days down, one to go. Then off the weekend.

Sorry I haven't been able to get to the personals. Hopefully maybe on my days off.

Hope you all have a good rest.

Take care
Old 02-24-2012, 08:17 AM   #375  

Hi Everyone,

Today, my DF and I are planning a rainy-day get-together. I am thinking maybe the Van Gogh exhibit at the Philly Art Museum & a lovely lunch at a restaurant on the river. She needs some enjoyment – her younger brother is dying from cancer and the various treatments he is having.

Have a Happy Friday,

Lynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinweighting View Post
Being Accountable
Wt. - 149 lbs

Exercise – 90 min [30 min weights; 30 min bike; 30 min treadmill @3.1]

Breakfast – Nugo Protein bar

Morning Snack – mini Glucerna bar

Lunch – 1/2 serving pasta w shrimp; 1/2 sl grilled bread w lobster; whole grain bread w olive oil

Afternoon Snack - None

Dinner - raisin bran & soy milk

Evening Snack – lo-carb yogurt; prunes; wheat germ
Quote:
Lynn im glad im not the only one that feels those 2 got a bum deal on biggest looser,they never had a chance and i hope condra gets whats coming to her! ttfn rosey
Hi Rosey,

I am not surprised that you and I would feel the same way about this situation. I think we are both kind people who do not like to see others mistreated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post
Busy, busy, busy,...but can't forget to stop into chat with my GGs! Dh was going to go fishing but his buddy backed out on him and it's cloudy and cool so he decided to stay home instead. I like having him around but he needs sunny weather as he sits around too much when it's like this. Guess that's why going south was better for him. Hopefully once "the house" is gone we can go down more often even without an RV.
Hi Mary,

My DD & SIL are planning to move South (probably around Venice FL) when/if they sell their B&B. If that happens, I will probably be going down there pretty often. I have been thinking about trying to rent some kind of furnished apt. or condo for the winter months. We will see. I have anxiety when I think about them moving away from me.

Quote:
breakfast
coffee
1 slice gluten free bread
1/2 t mayo
1/2 t jam
1 slice turkey yummy sand which

lunch
celery with cream cheese
terriaki stick (moose)

snack
coffee mocha

dinner
chix breast
sweet potatoe
salad
Hi Rosey,

I was looking at your food log for yesterday – looks like you are doing GREAT! No wonder you are losing all that weight! CONGRATULATIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
Luckly the last 2 books I downloaded were cheap (.99). I can't believe I read a book written by a yellow lab named Jake. It was cute for about 2 chapters and got old fast.
Hi Karen,

I read a REALLY good book – The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton. I HIGHLY recommend it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
Lynn - remember that last year we had 2" of snow from JANUARY 2010 UNTIL MARCH 2011? It was horrible... and, of course, you all got slammed with our and your normal share on the east coast. MamaNature is just trying to square us, that's all... I don't mind, especially since I have SnowBlowerJoe across the street!!
Hi Donna,

Yes, you're right. Just wish we had gotten a little snow. Hope is does NOT come now. All these Spring flowers will be killed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
Hello everyone, I too have tried to get in here today and the data error was driving me crazy! I have been enjoying wathcing the Decorah Eagles. Bobbi post a link a while back I think. Right now Mom is sitting on two eggs and they are expecting a third. The link to see it if anyone is interested is: http://www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles

I find it fascinating to watch.
Hi Karen,

????? I clicked on the link and got an advertisement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
Almost time for bed. Two days down, one to go. Then off the weekend.
Hi Gayle,

Hope the weekend comes quickly and you get some much-deserved rest.

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 02-24-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Closed Thread