Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 01:04 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello All

Breakfast: fiber one cereal with 1/2c almond breeze and sprinkle of ground flax
Lunch: 5 baby portabellas grilled, wonderslim shake mocha
Supper: 3oz hamburger pattie, a little mushrooms, 1/2T olive oil, onions, 1/2 roasted potato, steamed broccoli
party food: small piece german choc cake (I left frosting) and one glass white wine
Evening Snack: 1/2c almond breeze, whole flax seed, peach yogurt

1213 calories, 139 carbs, 35 fiber. 64 oz water

I also walked a little more than 2 miles today and did bicep and tricep workout. I am eating a little more solid food but still struggling. It will be a while before I eat steak. It is also reminding me of some old school dieting tricks because I have to cut everything very small and chew slowly.

Mary, the PB2 powder is 55 calories for 2 tbs. I don't like it with water but I love it in drinks. I also dip sliced apples in it. It sticks to the apples and gives you this strong hit of peanut butter taste without the fat and calories. It doesn't look like your evening snack is that bad, maybe you just need to save calories for your evening snack.

Marie, listen to your sister, darlin. You are scaring me too. I hear you on wanting to do the eliptical. It feels worse when you don't move. But, don't push too hard, ok? Call the dr on Monday....

heading over to the main thread. Hang in there

Rie

Old 01-08-2012, 06:10 PM   #32  

My eating has been ok today so far. As usual will try to get back later with more .
breakfast: Vanilla coconut yogurt with 1/4 c. with 3 T dry cereal and 1/4 c fresh blueberries.
am snack - my pb yogurt
lunch - About 3 oz tilapia, topped with sesame seed and seasoned with a little soy sauce, olive oil and rice vinegar with garlic seasoning. Also had 1/3 cup each of rice, stir-fried spinach (using olive oil spray, garlic and onion and teeny bit of soy sauce), and 1/2 med tomato, chopped up.

rie - Yes I did pretty good yesterday, hoping to continue that. I know I just have to make the decision and do it but somehow it's easier said than done. Glad eating is getting easier and hope you'll be back to normal soon.

Marie - Hope you are feeling better. Pain is no fun!

Ter - I'm so jealous of your calorie limit! I can usually lose (right now) as long as I stay below 1600 but higher than that I will maintain until about 2000 where I will start gaining.

ETA: Too tired to post rest of my foods but I ended with 1550, not too bad I guess. I was high on carbs though at 14.6 carb servings. I'm not suppose to go over 12 and best to stay 9-10. It's my evening snacking.

Last edited by maryea; 01-09-2012 at 02:31 AM.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #33  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Rie, I'm assuming PB2 has real peanuts in it. I'm envious. I love PB and I bet it tastes phenomenal in a mocha.

Mary, I hope you're starting to feel better.

Part of my problem is my intense dislike for medical "people". I rarely go to the doctor and when I do it is because I know my body and it's not right. Instead of finding out what is wrong, they don't "see" anything so all must be good. You can only hear that so many times that you stop believing they have any clue. When I do contact the doctor this week, that is going to be my reason that I didn't call/go at the end of last week. I know this isn't normal and once again I don't trust that anything will be done. I don't trust them is what it is in a nutshell. But in this case, I have to do something because I'm not right. If I get the standard response, I do plan to tell them to keep looking. Anyway, I am starting to slip towards depression and that is not good for a bipolar person. Thanks for letting me dump.

BTW, I'm way low on calories and don't want to exert the energy to find food. That is WAY not like me. I do want chocolate chip cookies but I'd have to make them and that's too much effort not to mention counter-productive to my diet. Making a third mocha seems reasonable though...
Marie
Old 01-08-2012, 10:52 PM   #34  

Hello challenge friends

Here is today's menu:

Breakfast: fiber one cereal with 1/2c almond breeze and sprinkle of ground flax, one small apple with PB2
Lunch: english cucumber slices, 1/2 slice spam, cheese puffs during game
Supper: chicken stir fry with water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, broccoli, 1/2c royal rice mix
Evening Snack: 1/2c almond breeze, whole flax seed, chocolate pudding yogurt

1047 calories, 131 carbs, 38 fiber. 48 oz water

Marie, I understand about the medical people. They are trained to diagnose by eliminating the things they suspect and if they eliminate everything on their list, they are done. I sincerely hope that you feel better. I left a huskies picture just for you on fb. PB2 is like defatted peanut butter powder made with real peanuts. It is really good. Sorry you have peanut allergies!

Mary, looks like you had a good day. I love tillapia.

Tera, I hope that you are off somewhere enjoying the weekend.

Onward and upward....

Rie
Old 01-09-2012, 10:07 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

Just a quick note here to let you know my Internet at home is on the blink so I may not post for awhile. I am accessing here from my office but I do not like to post stuff at work.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:15 PM   #36  

So far so good.
Breakfast was yogurt with 3 T cereal and 1/4 c fresh blueberries.
am snack was my PB yogurt
Lunch was potato soup, 5 crackers and 3/4 cup fresh spinach
pm was 4 cashews

Last edited by maryea; 01-09-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #37  

My connection is more reliable tonight. Hopefully it is fixed now. Today and yesterday were within my plan. Sundays calories were 1955 and today's were 1700. I also made it to the Y for a step class this evening. I think my weight is trending down but I don't have any certain weight loss to report. Hopefully by next week. I have been On Plan for one week and I am pretty happy about that.

Maria-I am sorry you have the intense pain. It does sound like something you should talk to a doc about. Maybe you will get some ideas about managing the pain. Try not to worry too much before you know more information.

maryea-I know my calories seem high but they are less than I would eat without making an effort. Time will tell if it will be enough to lose weight. Your menus look good. Are you feeling good about it?

Rie-How is the dental work coming along? It looks like you are eating better. Way to go on getting the workouts ins
Old 01-10-2012, 01:34 AM   #38  

Hello friends,

Here is today's menu:

Breakfast: fiber one cereal with 1/2c almond breeze and sprinkle of ground flax, one small apple with PB2
Lunch: hot dog (no bun) green salad with a little ranch
Supper: green salad with a little ranch, 2 crab wontons, 2 glasses wine

1129 calories, 121 carbs, 39 fiber. 56 oz water

Good job everyone.

Rie

Old 01-10-2012, 11:35 AM   #39  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all, I'm still here and on plan. I must admit I haven't really wanted to eat anything but chocolate chip cookies. Since I'd have to stand to make them and that hurts, I don't have any cookies. DH asked if I really wanted them, that he'd make them. I said I wanted them but didn't need to screw up my diet just because I hurt. I've been at about 1200-1300 cals lately. Since I'm not moving around much, the cals have been in a decent range. Of course the scale doesn't budge.

My dr is out of town for the week and I have an appt this afternoon with a different doctor in the clinic. So we will see. The pain level has definitely dropped but isn't gone. Clearly I screwed up by not calling on Friday.
Marie
Old 01-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #40  

Feel better Marie! Let us know....
Old 01-10-2012, 04:13 PM   #41  

I went over last night with my snacking...I snacked on peaches and cereal. My problem is I can overeat on about anything, often healthy even. It is usually some type of carbs. Haven't bothered to take my bs yet because I knew it would be high.

Marie - Feel so sorry for you...glad the pain is a little easier but hope it goes away soon. Maybe the doctor can help you. Is this a problem you have had in the past?

ter - understand. If I let myself go I can easily eat way over 2000. You're doing well.

Meals so far today:
breakfast: Ideal Chocolate Milk Drink (vanilla) and 1/2 large banana.
Snack - yogurt, 1/3 c cereal, 1/3 c fresh blueberries.
Lunch - Leftovers: 2 oz diet type meatloaf, 1/3 c baked beans and 1 T brown gravy plus 10 blueberries.
pm snack - MF chocolate crunch bar and 4 cashews
Dinner - potato soup with 1/2 c spinach and 5 baby carrots
pm snack (early) - grilled cheese made with low-cal bread and two teaspoons of butter plus butter-flavored cooking spray.
Later pm snack - Ideal Chocolate Milk Drink
Hopefully I can quit eating now. I'm at 1527 calories and about 173 net carbs. Even my fat and sodium..everythings good today.

Last edited by maryea; 01-10-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:36 PM   #42  

Good Evening All,

Today's calories were only 1325. Well under plan for a change. Oh well, I will probably need it tomorrow since I am going out for lunch with a coworker. I also went to the Y for a weight training class.

maryea-Your menu is lookin' good. Have you considered sticking to fruit without the cereal in the evening? I bought a pear at the store tonight but it will be a while before it is ripe enough to eat. Yum.

Marie-Hope your appointment was helpful.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:01 PM   #43  

Hello friends,

Here is today's menu:

Lunch: large bowl of romaine lettuce with a little ranch, 1/2c almond breeze with ground flax
Supper: poached cod fillet, green beans, 1/2c mashed potato, mushrooms, 1.5 tb olive oil

My carbs are up a little but they are the result of so much fiber that it should be ok. My bs is very stable. I had additional minor surgery on my mouth today. ow

891 calories, 141 carbs, 58 fiber. 56 oz water

Hang in there everyone.

Rie
Old 01-10-2012, 11:34 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TERAPET View Post
Good Evening All,

maryea-Your menu is lookin' good. Have you considered sticking to fruit without the cereal in the evening? I bought a pear at the store tonight but it will be a while before it is ripe enough to eat. Yum.

Marie-Hope your appointment was helpful.
Ter I definitly think of it but just don't always do it! That's what I have to get into my head...it's all about making good decisions.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:51 PM   #45  

maryea-Sometimes when I want to eat something I know I should not, I remind myself what it feels like to take off the extra pounds. Lately that is actually working for me! That and the calorie counting, journaling, posting here and exercising on a regular basis. I have also set a goal date for myself of around 2/18 since I am planning to visit my daughter at college then. I could even ask for my skinny jeans back but I wouldn't because she looks so cute in them.

Total calories today were 1905 and I went to step class at the Y

Last edited by TERAPET; 01-11-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Closed Thread