Old 07-28-2011, 12:16 PM   #466  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

posted Dash and his thunderjacket on FB
Old 07-28-2011, 12:18 PM   #467  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

I wasn't sure what color the climbing Climatis was until yesterday.
Those are petunias around one of the bird baths, you can't kill them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg birdbath.jpg (34.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg clematis.jpg (28.3 KB, 7 views)
Old 07-28-2011, 01:34 PM   #468  
Bobbi

this is from Dr. Weil's website called 'Fish to Avoid'. Don't miss the words, farmed. We hate farm raised fish, yuk!

Quote:
I have long recommended fish as part of a healthy, anti-inflammatory diet. Yesterday's Daily Tip covered my first choices for healthy fish - those rich in omega-3 fatty acids. However, not all fish provide the same benefits, and some species should be limited or avoided altogether. I suggest minimizing your consumption of the following:
  1. Large predatory fish. Shark, swordfish, tilefish, king mackerel and white (albacore) tuna may have high levels of mercury. Pregnant women and children are particularly vulnerable to the effects of contaminants, and should avoid these species.
  2. Omega-6 rich fish. Farm-raised tilapia is one of the most highly consumed fish in America, yet it has very low levels of beneficial omega-3s and very high levels of potentially detrimental omega-6 fatty acids. Omega-6 fatty acids are pro-inflammatory, and inflammation is known to cause damage to blood vessels, the heart, lung and joint tissues, skin and the digestive tract.
  3. Farmed salmon. Avoid farmed salmon (also called Atlantic salmon), which is what you typically find in supermarkets, restaurants and fish markets. While less expensive than wild salmon, farmed salmon has a less favorable ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 fats and may contain residues of antibiotics and other drugs used to treat diseases in fish farming pens. What's more, levels of PCBs and other contaminants in some farmed salmon have been found to be much higher than those found in wild salmon.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:43 PM   #469  

Morning everyone another sunny day here.not much going on but have planned a family BQ for sunday. it will be nice for my mil to have all her kids around. everyones bringing something so not to much work for me,should be about 24 of us I take a benedryl 25 mg tablet every nite it helps my allergies and makes me very sleepy. lately im so pooped from puppy duty sleepings not a problem. its like having toddlers again lol.last nite i was in my recliner watching tv,gizmo on one side and daisy on the other, well sadie decided to join,she took a flying leap and landed on my belly,30# like a sack of jello and she climbed up unto my head and decided that was her spot ooofff, dh helped untangel such is my life now.Ive been trying diff ways to fix my hair. one of the side affects of wls is hair loss. mine has been falling out and gotton so thin im cringing and doing the donald trump comb over. i really hate it. maybe i'll start wearing hats like nancy! Happy Birthday Karen hope u have an awsome day. Jess hope you get that job nothing else going on but a pile of dishes waiting for me ttfn rosey
Old 07-28-2011, 03:02 PM   #470  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Had 2 Ultra sounds done today - 1 at local hospital for the gallbladder & 1 in Philly at Fox Chase for ovarian cysts. The first one was easy.

Then, I spent the rest of the day doing LLS stuff.

Raining here at the moment.

I couldn't sleep last night & am VERY tired this afternoon.

Take care,

Lynn
Old 07-28-2011, 05:18 PM   #471  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Hola!
I don't want to jinx it, but the interview went VERY well. Of course, she has two more to interview, but she said she feels "very good" about me. She's close to my age, which is good; those 30 years old interviewers always look at me like I might keel over any second!

I told her I would be happy as contract labor, since I have to put away my own tax/SS money for my business, anyway... and that made her happy. And she'd pay 1/2 my insurance premium every month, and that would really help, too. Varied hours, but averaging 20 a week, within the parameters of social security. It would be right up my alley, pretty much receptionist/front office. It's a medical supply firm. I'm hoping!!!
Old 07-28-2011, 05:42 PM   #472  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
Hola!
I don't want to jinx it, but the interview went VERY well. Of course, she has two more to interview, but she said she feels "very good" about me. She's close to my age, which is good; those 30 years old interviewers always look at me like I might keel over any second!

I told her I would be happy as contract labor, since I have to put away my own tax/SS money for my business, anyway... and that made her happy. And she'd pay 1/2 my insurance premium every month, and that would really help, too. Varied hours, but averaging 20 a week, within the parameters of social security. It would be right up my alley, pretty much receptionist/front office. It's a medical supply firm. I'm hoping!!!
Hi Donna,

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Lynn
Old 07-28-2011, 06:46 PM   #473  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Luck Donna!! Hope it goes just the way that you want it to. Let us hear and we can all Celebrate together!!!!
Old 07-28-2011, 06:47 PM   #474  
Bobbi

I'm crossing my fingers too Donna
Quote:
Hola!
I don't want to jinx it, but the interview went VERY well. Of course, she has two more to interview, but she said she feels "very good" about me
Old 07-28-2011, 06:51 PM   #475  
Bobbi

Lynn...I'm crossing my fingers for you too, do you have to wait for the results? I kept getting cysts on my ovaries so they finally took everything, good riddance.

Quote:

Had 2 Ultra sounds done today - 1 at local hospital for the gallbladder & 1 in Philly at Fox Chase for ovarian cysts. The first one was easy.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:31 PM   #476  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Just a quick check-in. Last day of work for the week. I managed to swim and walk 3 out of the last 4 days and did my yoga too.

I went to the local lake today and did 24 laps. I figure a lap is about 75 yards (the length of the buoys marking the shallow area.) And yes, Z, the clouds moved in on me too..but it was still nice to read for an hour on the beach.

Donna - Good luck with the job prospect. keeping fingers crossed.

Rosie - Great idea about photographing pics from your scrapbook for the "baby" pic sharing- I no longer have a scanner. Love your new avatar too.

Happy belated B-day, karen FL. Hope you lived it up. Sounbds like you're feeling better.

Bobbi - love the flowers...my Clematis are long gone.

Hi to everyone else!!!

Lyn
Old 07-28-2011, 07:55 PM   #477  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey GGs,
Well, finally, here I am, feeling pretty good (it was a 24 hour bug, thanks Freda & Rie!). And thanks to everyone for the “well wishes” & the “group hug”. I’m sure that’s why I’m feeling so much better.

First of all, before I forget - HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARENFL! & to your DH! Hope you’re both enjoying your special day! So glad yesterday was “a good day”, & I hope today has been even better!

Marie, I was definitely a yo-yo dieter (past tense, I hope!!!!). I don’t think I can remember how much I’ve lost & regained through the years - I’ve tried. But, it had to have been in the hundreds (or maybe thousands!).

Bobbi, your cheesecake sounded so good. I’ve been thinking about trying to make a baked one with the fat-free cream cheese. Have you tried that? Love the pics.

Hi there Wannabe! Good for you on staying away from that Mt. Dew!

Zoe, glad you’re still OP & “in the groove”. Attagirl! Sorry you didn't get to spend more time reading at the lake. Same thing happened to me when I was doing "swing therapy", the clouds chased me in after half an hour. But it was nice while it lasted. About getting out & about, right now it’s just too hot! And I just can’t even care about “dressing up”, it’s all about staying cool for now. I don’t hate summer as much as Donna, but right now I’m not too happy with it.

Gayle, hope you’ve had a good day at work. Didn’t tell you before - that dress you made for Maddie is just darling!

Rie, sounds like a busy, busy “vacation?!” (I think getting home’s going to feel more like a vacation to you!). Glad you’re enjoying the time with your family. And I’m sure they appreciate all you do for them, & just forget to say thanks. Oh, & vent away, that’s what you’re supposed to do! (I sure do enough of it!)

Rosey, I’ve tried that comb-over thing, but every time I got one bare spot covered, another one appeared! The hats are definitely a better cover-up. And they’re fun!

Lynn, about those ultra-sounds, you said “the first one was easy”. Does that mean the second one wasn’t? When will you get the results? Like Bobbi, I'll keep my fingers crossed for good results.

Donna, glad your interview went well! My fingers are crossed for you too!

KarenMO, hope you’re feeling better. I really think this heat (that some of us GGs are experiencing!) just takes a lot out of us.

Lyn, that swimming sounds like the best kind of exercise right now. Clouds got you too, huh? Glad you at least got to spend an hour reading on the beach.

Well, I’d like to get out of here before DSD gets home, & that should be any minute now. I usually go in my bedroom & read in the evenings, so I don’t have to deal with her too much. Did I mention she’ll be going back to school in just 10 more days?!!! Yippee! Hurray!!!! So, hey to all of you I didn’t mention, & bye for now.
NCNancy
Old 07-28-2011, 11:38 PM   #478  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

K3, your dr wants you to walk outside in a sauna and take the time to admire the grass? Yikes. I think not. Your pool sounds like a much better option. I hope you have a wonderful b-day even though you’re not 100% yet.

Donna, so sad you hate summer. I love summer. I’m with Bobbi. Cold bothers me so much I’m nearly dysfunctional below 76 degrees (indoor). Outside, no hot bothers me, but I can wear many many parkas if I’m actively moving around when it’s winter. I’m thrilled the interview went well. My fingers are crossed. I’d cross my eyes but my mom told me they’d say that way if I did it too much.

Gayle, sounds like it was a hard day for some of your co-workers yesterday. I’m glad your countdown has arrived.

Wanna, what kind of furballs do you have. Good job on the Mt. Dew eradication.

Zoe, according to my LoseIt iPhone app, I burn appr 300 cals on the elliptical, 100 on the walks and 150 on the swimming. But my elliptical has my height and weight and says I burn 150 cals. The swimming, no way do I really burn 150 cals. Probably more like 100 cals. I think if I didn’t exercise, I’d maintain at 1300 cals –slow metabolism. So adding an average of 250-350 cals of exercise, I can see how if I am not careful, I gain easily. I lose at 1500-1600 calories so that’s my calorie target range. If I didn’t exercise I’d have to stay at 1200 cals and to me, I’d be miserable. Now writing this out, I guess I exercise to have my 2 125-150 cal iced mochas a day.

Bobbi, my mom that lives in Plymouth said their windows were fogged up because of the hot/humid and the AC. I still think MN is the tundra since I lived there when one February (I think 1995) the temp never got above 0 and rarely made it to -10 degrees. I stand by my description. BTW, the clematis color is beyond beautiful.

Val, you are on vacation and life’s meant to be lived. I have every ounce of faith your brownie sundae and then wine will not have the slightest chance to derail you. I’m glad you’re having fun.

Rosey, sounds like your weather in AK has been gorgeous this year.

Lynn, when do you get your ultrasound results?

Lyn, I love your swimming routine. The lake laps sound like fun. Do you go in circles around the edge?

Nancy, sounds like you had a really good day. How sad that that girl, bless her heart, manages to chase you into the room to read. Reading is good but it’s your house! I hate to think about adding up the pounds I’ve lost and regained. Truthfully I think I will always be a yo-yo dieter. I’ve just recently come to that acceptance. My goal is a lot shorter string for the yo-yo to bounce on. I’m either “good” or “bad” when it comes to nearly everything in my life. I have no middle ground. So I figure if I can control the yo-yo string to much less pounds, then I will succeed.

I just finalized the plans for my doggies for DH and to leave on Tuesday evening. Kai Pixie Bear (hypoglycemic doggie that has seizures if she isn’t fed often enough) is going to have fun. My animal behaviorist (AB) is going to take her to her Ruff House (her business that’s a big open warehouse that has animal training, doggie playtime (like an indoor dog park) and daycare. She’ll get treats throughout the day and get to play with other doggies. She’s going to have a blast. She loves playing with other dogs. And my neighbor is going to give her (and the others) treats early in the mornings before AB feeds them breakfast. It’s comforting to have no more worries about my doggies’ care. All this for a two day trip.

Time for bed. Have a great night everyone.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:58 AM   #479  

Height: 5'3"

Just returned from a couple nights at the coast. Enjoyed visiting our son and his GF. We got stuck in traffic due to construction and it took more than 1/2 hour longer to get home. It was quite a bit warmer back this way too and the flowers looked very dry, but my dh watered them right away. I have not been eating according to plan so dread the scale tomorrow! Tonight I made some more travel plans for the winter. I hope we can pull everything together...it's always interesting to see it come together (hopefully!).

Not really much to talk about and my dh is calling me to watch TV with him, so no time for personals. I have a lot of posts to catch up with anyway.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:35 AM   #480  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG's,

Two days down ~ one more to go. It was a better day yesterday. Hope today is better too.

They announced yesterday that our hospital has been sold. They had all the layoffs and changes to make our hospital a thing that someone would want to buy. They feel that this is a good thing and that maybe things will be better. I'm hoping that they will reevaluate what they have done with the secretary hours on my unit and either put it back like it was, or at least increase the hours of coverage. For me ~ I guess I am hoping that they would make a change that would make it so I worked more hours a day but less days a week. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Donna ~ hope you hear good news from your interview. Keeping my fingers crossed for you too.

Mary ~ glad you had a nice visit with your son.

Marie ~ excited for you and your birthday trip ~ glad you have found care for your dogs so you can enjoy your trip knowing they will be ok.

NC Nancy ~ glad you are feeling better ~ sorry that that SD drives you to your room. Not too many days left of that though ~ right

Lyn ~ love your lap swimming ~ that would be my exercise of choice.

Bobbi ~ your flowers are beautiful

Lynn ~ hoping and finger crossing for good results from your tests.

Rosey ~ how are you feeling after Sadie's flying leap

Hello to everyone I missed right now ~ out of time ~ I've already played too long Better go finish getting ready for work.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Take care

Last edited by glynne; 07-29-2011 at 10:16 AM.
Closed Thread