S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Happy Easter everyone ~ hope you all have a wonderful day
Old 04-24-2011, 09:26 AM   #242  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello again,

Headed out to church in a bit. I was lucky this year to be off on Easter. I love the music at church ~ especially at Easter.

We're gonna get together (family) at a park at lunch time and have a cookout/picnic. That will be nice and fun.

After, I've gotta spend the rest of the day studying the CPR book ~ test on Tuesday. Not my favorite thing. Each time you study and drum the stuff into your head, and by the next time you do it ~ they have changed it again.

Got my kitchen table un-earthed yesterday. With this new schedule, I am getting some stuff done, but not very much at a time. Better a little at a time than not at all I guess. One drawer, one closet, one box at a time.

Ok, guess I'd better quit fooling around.

Take care all
Old 04-24-2011, 11:49 AM   #243  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Happy Easter Golden Girls!

I am headed down to my mom's to help her make all the deviled eggs we share with the family. This afternoon is our extended family Easter celebration. Both my grandsons are here so it will be so much fun!

I hope each of you has a wonderful day!
Old 04-24-2011, 12:27 PM   #244  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Hoppy Easter, everybody!!!!!! I have the day to myself...can you believe it? Invitations to both daughter's houses, and a brunch invitation from ds, but I opted to stay at home, get laundry done (back to work tomorrow.... ) take a nice long bath, wash & condition hair, etc., etc. Niiiiice. Finally a moment to myself! Oh, did I mention that dh spent the weekend up north in NH helping a friend get some work done in the yard as well as some minor carpentry projects? I could have gone, but those of you who know about my lack of personal space won't be surprised to hear that I didn't. I'm going to dry my hair shortly and then head down to the lake for a nice walk. Then I'll probably stop at dd's so that I can give the twinnies and my dgd some little Easter presents. Then home for some grilled mushrooms & onions (I don't cook mushrooms when dh is home because he's allergic) and chicken sausage. Yum-oh. Well, I'd better finish drying my hair before the day gets away from me - have a good day, GG's!!!!

Z
Old 04-24-2011, 06:35 PM   #245  

Hi everyone..a very quiet day here. seems so strange without my girls and grkids.im used to big holiday gatherings..after coffee and the sunday paper we went to brunch at the senior center. it was very nice,i had the egg and ham from eggs benedict(no bread),a 1 in cube of cantalope and watermelon. for that i paid 12$ lol. my dh however had a huge plate and i loved the not cooking..i didnt have one jelly bean,choc egg or a peeps however i brought home a huge choc covered strawberry,very yummy!Hopping your day was awsome (((hugs))) rosey
Old 04-24-2011, 08:35 PM   #246  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Ahhh..time to rest. Sang two Easter Services this morning..then the sun came out and it got to 70 degrees!! My DH and I took a walk down to the beach and got some sun lying on the rocks. Nice. I roasted a lamb for just the two of us.
I also made coconut macaroons with chocolate on top for the first time...it was easy, but I neglected to take them off the waxed paper before they cooled...tried all sorts of things to get that danged paper off...finally had to cut the bottoms off. No, I didn't eat them all...I gave them away to my sister and a friend. Did save a couple though.
My DH has lost 30 pounds in the past two years and he has challenged me to lose 10 by the end of this year. Guess I need to get serious. I've stayed pretty much the same for a couple of years now.

Hope you all had a great Easter. Z, I like the sound of yours!

Lyn
Old 04-24-2011, 09:18 PM   #247  

Sounds like you all have had nice Easters. It rained here and is cold (50s) but we had a wonderful Easter service and then went to Olive Garden for lunch/dinner. I had the steak medallions on spinach alfredo fettucini...not a diet dish to be sure but I only ate about 1/2 of it. It was actually too rich for me! I tried to pick out mostly spinach and just ate what pasta came with it and two of the little steak medallions. We shared the warm apple dessert...again, not a dieters meal but it is Easter so we enjoyed it. I had bare legs today so was cold and was glad to get home and change into my long lounging pants and crawled into bed where I slept two hours. Tonight all I've had was a peach smoothie for supper/dinner as I'm trying to eat light.

Lyn - the macaroons sound so good! I don't trust myself to bake treats any more unless I have company here to eat them and take home any leftovers.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:44 AM   #248  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning girls!
Back to the old grind of counting calories, weighing all my food, blah, blah, blah! It was fun to eat like a pig for the last couple of days. I didn't want to ruin my day by getting on the scale to see what damage I did. I can tell by how my jeans fit!
It's beautiful here today, I'm going to hang a load or two of clean clothes out on the line and dig out some weeds in one of my flower beds.
You all have a great day!
Old 04-25-2011, 10:18 AM   #249  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

Good Morning GG's Had a very nice Easter yesterday - puttered in the yard, went skating for an hour, and had an awesome dinner at my Mom's place with Mom and MIL and DH and myself. I made the dessert - an apple/blackberry crisp that was about 14 WW points for the entire thing, and the 4 of us ate only 1/2 of it, so I think we did okay I've tried switching my food around this week and eating at the top of my calorie/points range ( old old WW plan) and trying to get more from protein, beause I started feeling hungry after dinner, not the munchies but really hungry, as in open a can of cat food and my stomach started growling...eeeewwwww!
So I guess I'll find out tomorrow on weigh in day if this was a good idea or not I made some violet honey this weekend too - the first lesson out of my Home Herbalist course, I thought that it would be so nice to have in the middle of winter when it feels like spring will never arrive. It looks like it's going to be another beautiful day - there is more puttering outside to do and a few groceries to pick up. Have a wonderful day GG's!!!

Last edited by Tea Granny; 04-25-2011 at 10:18 AM.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:28 AM   #250  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...

Good day yesterday! As you know, I've been trying to adhere to the "No C-C-C-C" rule, and I've been faithful. Yesterday, though, I had 3 homemade chocolate chip cookies and some lemon cake... and my guts turned inside out! I am not used to that kind of treat, anymore, and I think it's pretty obvious that I shouldn't be eating it! I'm still feeling a little disquieted today. It was a really nice gathering, though, and I had a good time.

Mary, I'm not sure what I need to do with the strawberry plants. I just stuck them in the topsy-turvy container, watered them, and blessed them! That's about the extent of my green thumb, I'm afraid! I just hope the damn squirrels stay away from them! I did bring them into the garage night before last to keep them from the 30 degree weather, but last night I left everything out. They look okay.

PT/Zoe, good luck on your work re-entry!

Lynn, KarenMOFL, Freda, Rosey, Bobbi, Everyone.... hope your day is a good one!

Last edited by jess1; 04-25-2011 at 10:29 AM.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:09 PM   #251  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey GGs,
Well, Easter is over now, so maybe things will get back to normal, & maybe I’ll get to stop by here a little more often, maybe…… I’ve been suffering through a visit from “hyper-b***h”, my alter ego. Usually I’m a very laid-back, casual kind of housekeeper, doing only the bare minimum of housekeeping chores needed to get by. But, every now & then, usually before family dinners, I turn into “hyper-b***h”. Then I start in on a cleaning frenzy, & everyone better stay out of my way & leave me the h**l alone! If I try to sit down, I immediately think of something else that HAS to be done, & I’m off & at it again! Friday was even worse than usual - I started in at 5:30AM when my SO left for work, & didn’t stop until 11PM (only sat down to eat supper & use the bathroom!). Anyway, I think “she” is gone now, & I can settle back down & get some rest. At least my house is cleaner, & I lost another pound (didn’t have time to eat), so I’m down to 148 now, Yay! And, Easter dinner was good. We had 17 people show up, & I sent 2 plates of food home, to people who couldn’t make it.

I read all the posts I missed (3 pages!), & I’m so far behind on all the news, there’s no way to catch up with everyone, so I won’t even try. Y’all will forgive me, right? I do want to say that I’m so glad to finally see what you look like KarenFL - beautiful! And Zoe, for someone who hates to exercise, you sure seem to be doing a lot of it! Bobbi, those rolls you mentioned sounded sooo good. My mom picked up some yeast rolls at a grocery bakery for our dinner yesterday, & they were my favorite part of the meal. I’m so glad there were only 2 left over (SO & I had them for breakfast), because they would have been calling my name. So far I’m resisting the rest of the leftovers, but the remains of the 2 cakes & brownies that are sitting on my kitchen table, are looking mighty tempting. Might have to give them away or freeze them (or at least stash them out of sight!).

Well, once again I’ve stayed here too long (I kept getting interrupted), & there are things I’m supposed to be doing…… So, I’m outta here, but I hope to be back soon.
NCNancy

PS: This is a pic of the cakes & brownies before the meal. Fortunately there's not too much of them left.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bbb 003 (2).jpg (31.9 KB, 8 views)
Old 04-25-2011, 03:45 PM   #252  

Nancy I loved your tale of your "alter-ego" because I used to have one too...just like that esp before the holidays. I'd clean like mad and make the kids and dh get involved. They used to hate when I'd get that way. I have to admit I'm ashamed now as even though we had very nice holidays I don't like to think of them remembering mama acting that way, all stressed out. Gradually once I got myself a regular housecleaning system I got over it but I don't think my dh realizes this and he sometimes seems stressed thinking I'm going to be that way! I have told him that's over I just clean every day now so don't worry about it when company comes but I think he worries more than me now! For me it was all about getting a system down...and it took me many years before I did. Sounds like you had a great dinner though and I'm glad that all that work worked FOR you and that you lost more weight!

Bobbi - glad you are having a nice day...it is rainy and cold here however I did just now see that the sun is popping out so maybe it'll be nicer now. It's good that you are paying attention when those jeans fit tighter...thats where I made my mistake after I lost last time...I saw the scale going up but didn't take control and gained 2/3 of it back. You're doing the right thing.

We went to the gym per usual this morning and have been very tired since then. My dh takes a nap in his recliner and I "rest" while doing computer stuff. I have done a load of laundry and I dusted the bedrooms and cleaned the glass things. Still need to vacuum those rooms though plus still need to "bless" the rest of the house. Sometimes now that we are going to the gym again, I can't get to all the home blessing in one day...so I do a little each day in that case.

For lunch I divided the leftovers from yesterday's restaurant meal with dh since I found out the whole entree was over 1300 calories!! YIKES! That's why I went over yesterday when I ate 1/2 of it! It was good but I'm glad it's gone! Even today after eating the 1/4 my calories are higher than I would like for this time of day.

Last edited by maryea; 04-25-2011 at 03:47 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:00 PM   #253  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening all....Having a summer shower. The kind where it is raining in the front of the house and sunny in the back yard. No boomers anyway.

We had Easter dinner Saturday night and went out on a date Sunday night...ahhhhh DH made reservations and we had a table next to the fireplace looking out a window across the water. 53 yrs and he can still charm my socks off. Sat talking and enjoying the evening. It was nice.

He had his first laser treatment for shoulder pain this am. It will be a blessing if the pain is deduced.

DS's book is now on sale in India. It is 766 rupees.

Going get my carpets cleaned tomorrow. I always want it done in the Fall, but better when a/c can dry them out.

Gayle....I have tattooed on my chest "Do not give cpr" and tattooed on my forehead "Does Not give cpr." And the baby cpr.....i squash the brat. How many times has the patient vomited or been drinking and they want you to swap spit....NOOOOOOO Way!

Zoe.....back at work today? Bet it was super long.

Rosie....One strawberry. Leave the chocolate. Back away.....you hear.

Donna.....Line up with Rosie.....No CCCC....

NancyNC....thank you. Glad to know other people have the same alternative witch gene.

Am so stupid. I watched 4 shows last night at the same time. Could have taped a couple. Amazing Race...cowboys loss...OC housewives...Hallmark and Donald.....Latoya got fired. Plus finished my book. sighhhhh i need a life.

gotta go get dinner ready....karen3

Last edited by Karen3; 04-25-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:41 PM   #254  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Hi Golden Girls.

I had a nice Easter with extended family, including my two grandsons. Everyone was surprised and complimentary about my continued weight loss. My two cousins have started an extreme low carb program so they were only able to eat limited amounts of the Easter dinner. I ate moderately and even enjoyed a little micro portion of desert. I felt good because I basically stayed on plan. Continuing to try for a lifestyle here.

Karen, good for you guys. My parents have been together 52 years and dad still sometimes backs mom up against the kitchen cabinet so he can kiss her silly!

It sounds like everyone had a great holiday.

Donna. Two words: Miracle grow. The best food for strawberries. I love the auto feeder that you can hook on the hose. No measuring, etc. My grandmother swore by the stuff and she was right.

Mary, it sounds like you had a nice time. Good job on the moderation. Eating out is amazing for the calories, etc. You did well, though! There was a day when I would have cheerfully eaten a huge alfredo meal, desert, and extra breadsticks!

I work with kids and one of our youth was killed this weekend. Sensless loss and I am sad. I spent the day trying to take care of my employees and I am really tired. I am trying to be grateful that I get to spend my career working with people and telling myself that sometimes I can't save them. I am glad that I didn't go to food to make myself feel better.

Take care all - and hug the ones you love. Or mentally hug them if they are not with you.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:35 PM   #255  

Karen3 - I was SO bummed that the cowboys lost! I was really rooting for them ..did the first time they played too. Now I'm for the Globe Trotters. I like the gal with the red hair and piercings but don't like her wimpy bf so much. She's a very hard worker!

Have you noticed the Ideal Chocolate Milk Diet advertised on this site? I ordered the chocolate and it is Very tasty and VERY filling! I might be tempted to drink it too much...that was my worry...but so far it is too filling to drink much. I love chocolate creamy stuff so just had to give it a try. It has a lot of protein and is better tasting than the Designer Whey I'm using now. Now I'm ordering the vanilla. Not sure if they would be good for smoothies but will see.

I'm trying out a new browser called Rockmelt. It's beta so hope it works ok, but so far it's ok. It's very fast and is like Google Chrome.

Last edited by maryea; 04-25-2011 at 10:48 PM.
Closed Thread