S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Old 11-25-2010, 09:27 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 11-25-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:33 AM   #228  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Happy Thanksgiving to you all ~ hope you all have a wonderful day
Old 11-25-2010, 10:24 AM   #229  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Everyone have a joyful day full of family and friends.

The pies are in the oven and the house smells beyond wonderful. Will have dinner with friends and leave the pies there! Made some sf tarts for Dh here and I'll have an apple. Actually roasted a wee turkey last night for leftovers here. I really don't like Thanksgiving dinner, I want a cold turkey sandwich with cranberry on white bread at midnight tonight. That is about when after a day of cooking that my appetite kicked in. After 50 yrs that 12M sandwich is MINE! So stop by the kitchen light will be on.

Zoe...DS just sold his 1st novel. Be out in Feb. 1st controlling mom! More to come.

Enjoy this day. We'll think about tomorrow in the morning, hugs, karen3
Old 11-25-2010, 12:49 PM   #230  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Gobble, Gobble, Golden Girlies!!!

I hope your day is wonderful!

Went to see "A Christmas Carol" at the Arvada Center yesterday afternoon! Oh, what a good job they did! The sets were magnificent, and the Scrooge actor could have passed for Mitch McConnell's brother, which I thought was kind of way cool! It was great! I thoroughly enjoyed!!

I'm going to my brother and his wife's for dinner. I'm taking a new "guinea pig" recipe for a taste-tempting treat (angel food cake bits, strawberry jello, strawberry slices, layered with vanilla pudding, covered with cool whip... actually not that bad, calorie-wise!) and also the garlic lemon broccoli, which is wonderful!

Hope you're all doing well. Rosey, lots and lots and lots of good thoughts are headed upward and also toward you! Isabella, wherever you are, I hope you're well. And, everyone, I'm very thankful for all of you! PT/Zoe, so glad you're my PT!
Old 11-25-2010, 05:49 PM   #231  

Height: 5'3"

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope you are all enjoying your day. We got up later as usual and had a light breakfast...I just had a couple tangerines and 1/2 cup canned peaches. Meant to drink some milk but forgot. Which was good because we found out the restaurant was only open until 2 pm and couldn't think of another place that served turkey dinner, so we had lunch about 1 pm. Neither of us was very hungry. I started with a good-size salad, and only ate 1/2 my turkey and stuffing, about 2/3 of my potatoes and gravy, most of my sweet potatoes and roast or grilled veggies. I did eat my pumpkin pie (of course!). I think next year I'll just cook...think I will enjoy it more. My dh brought home both of our leftover turkey but I told him it's all his....I had enough.

I feel so grateful for my life and have much to be thankful for! A loving husband, a healthy family, my health, a warm house and plenty of food. God's blessings!
Old 11-25-2010, 05:50 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good afternoon-- I hope everyone has had a good Thanksgiving. We enjoyed dinner at my sisters yesterday and then we all met this afternoon for lunch at the truckstop... It was pretty good but had changed since my brothers went with my Dad-- it used to be a buffet but now it has changed to Denny's--- we will find something different next time. But it was good and we enjoyed each other.
Here are a few pictures of the family that got together this afternoon. It was pretty nice until my sons Ex "THING" has started calling and stirring up trouble this afternoon!! Got to go before I say a whole lot more that I shouldn't...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_3655.jpg (28.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3661.jpg (28.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3662.jpg (30.6 KB, 8 views)
Old 11-25-2010, 10:45 PM   #233  

Just got a call about an hour ago that my Aunt(not the one in the picture) who is 94 fell today and hit her head. She was unconscious for a bit and then was going in and out of consciousness. She is at the hospital and her other daughter is coming in from Texas right now. My cousins are up at the hospital with my Aunt (the ones in the picture). It has been really rough on my Aunt because my Uncle died on Thanksgiving 10 years ago. I have kind of opted out of not going up there right now with there being so many people and most her daughters and grandchildren. My cousin did say she would give me a call though once she got up there and found out a little more. So we may still be taking a trip to the hospital tonight.

It was a pretty rough evening around here with my son doing the drinking that he did this afternoon and then ranting and raving all evening. They split up last Saturday and I don't think they have stopped texting to each other since then. He said he texted her this morning and told her Happy Thanksgiving and she jumped all over him and said he had some nerve telling her that when he was spending the day with his family and she was spending it with her 2 grumpy kids with food that she doesn't even like!!! Ummm---who's to blame for this??? Then before we got home she called him and said she was at the hospital with the 7 year old and she was sure it was appendisitis(sp) and they had taken blood and were doing xrays, if they had to do surgery would he watch the baby!! I'm sorry but in my book if she has tossed him out, said leave me alone I don't want to hear from you, then why is she telling him all this??? Oh and by the way, it turns our they think the little girl is constipated. But she is a lot like her Mom, and figures if things aren't going right then she needs attention and even bad attention is better than no attention. My son just wasn't very nice to us tonight and flat told us that it was our fault that he drinks like he does because we drank when we were younger....we did and then we grew up!! He needs to own that him self. I am just about to throw up my hands and not care anymore. Oh we will be all sorry tomorrow but darn it sorry means nothing if you keep turning around and doing the same thing all over again!

OK, I'm off my soap box now. Guess I really had to get that out. Sorry to go on so much about it. I sure hope everyone had a wonderful day today. Mine was pretty nice and I hope to be able to just put his problems in the cabinet until he is ready to face them..
Old 11-26-2010, 09:29 AM   #234  
Want to feel better

Hope you all had a nice day yesterday. It was a nice day here. It reminded me a little of my holidays while growing up. We always had two thanksgivings and two christmases. One with mom's parents and one with dad's side of the family. Sara is the one with two holidays now. (Sometimes we ~ both sides of Sara's family have all gotten together ~ but I think my SIL's mom kind of wanted to do her own thing at her house.) So, Sara's family went to SIL's parents house for noon time meal. Jason and I went to Sara's house and put in the turkey and watched the football game with his favorite team the NE Patriots. It was nice and fun to get to spend time with him ~ our work schedules make it hard for us to get a chance to spend time and visit. Later Sara's family came home and then we watched another football game ~ SIL's favorite team ~ Cowboys, and Sara and I and SIL's brother cooked up the side dishes. Sometimes with this group of people there has been this undercurrent of tension, but yesterday it didn't seem as there was ~ it was nice.

I didn't do too bad with the meal ~ I just has one plate (used a smaller one) full and didn't have seconds. Unfortunatly it was the days leading up to the "big" day where I messed up. Showed a gain at the WW weigh in. Anyway ~ it is a new day. Sunday WW rolls out their new plan ~ I'm excited about that.

Guess I'd better get off here and get something done.

Take care
Old 11-26-2010, 10:26 AM   #235  

Just a call from my Aunt and my other Aunt is on life support. We are waiting for her other daughter to get her from Texas, should be about noon, and then they will let her go home to Jesus. She would have been 94 on Tuesday. I am so happy that my cousins decided to spend Thanksgiving here this year. My Aunt, their Mother, lost my Uncle 11 Thanksgivings ago. I thought it was 10 earleir. They had planned on leaving tomorrow to go back to Colorado but I think they will stay a little longer for their Mom. I'm getting ready to go up to the hospital now and at least try to be there for my family.
Take care and Hug each other extra today and everyday!!
Old 11-26-2010, 10:58 AM   #236  
Want to feel better

Sorry to hear about your Aunt Karen ~ prayers to you and your family.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:55 AM   #237  
Donna

Good Morning, All...
Karen, so sorry about your auntie! I hope her passing is peaceful!

Did everyone have a good day, otherwise? Ours was quite lovely, and today I'm making some soup. My poor old body could use soup for a while, and this will also taste good!

Here's a link for, yes!, 21 eCookbooks! Oh, my!!! I'm, like, um, delighted!

http://www.recipe4living.com/article...ecookbooks.htm

Have fun! I know I will!!

Everyone, if you have long weekends, enjoy! Stay warm, dry, and safe!
Old 11-27-2010, 10:02 AM   #238  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning everyone,

I had a good Thanksgiving. We went to my SIL's and got to see her kids. It was nice, since we don't get to see them often. And I did really good with dinner. Just ate the turkey and small servings of the others dishes. I did have a very small piece of peach cobbler after. Only thing bad about not cooking is, no leftovers. And, like Karen, I want my turkey sandwitch! My son and his family went to the other MIL's for dinner and we will have a dinner tomorrow. I'm making ham and it's not a real favorite. I'll make a small turkey breast later for us.

Karen3, WHY is it always the mother? Never the father...no...Anyway, he got a book deal. Hope it goes well.

Donna, i'm making your broccoli for dinner Sunday. It sounds so light and fresh and a good change from the greenbean casserole I usually make.

Karen, So sorry to hear about your aunt. Age doesn't matter, it's so hard to let them go. Sorry to hear about your son too. Do they ever stop giving us problems?

Gayle, I wonder what kind of changes they are making at WW too. Let us know. Wasn't the last change when they started doing CORE?

Bobbi, Hope you're feeling better.

Lynn, Did you have a good thanksgiving?

Rosie, Not many days left untill the BIG day! We will all be praying for you.

Isabella, where ever you are, You're missed.

Mary, I used to think going to a restaurant was easier too, but found I just missed cooking. and as long as I cook "clean" we can eat the leftovers for awhile. Love turkey sandwitches and the cranberrys. I make my own cranberry relish but my family like the old out of the can jelly stuff. Not sure if that says something about my cooking for not!

Everyone, have a great day,

Freda
Old 11-27-2010, 11:08 AM   #239  

Take me back to the fifties!!

http://oldfortyfives.com/

Sit back and enjoy!!!
Old 11-27-2010, 11:20 AM   #240  
Donna

Good Morning, All...
I hope everyone had a lovely T'day and Black Friday. Were any of you out at 4 a.m. for the goodies? OMG, as far as I'm concerned, there is nothing in this WORLD that good! Crazy people!!

Nothing exciting. I did some domestic goddess stuff yesterday (well, domestic drudgery, really) and have errands to do today. Nothing exciting!!!

Karen, did your auntie pass?

Everyone, I hope you're all well! Stay warm, dry, and safe!
Closed Thread