Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 09:57 AM   #31  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning,All...
Quick entry...have to accomplish a few things this a.m. before going to see "Nine" at 1. I'm so looking forward to it! Then we'll do a big splurge at the local Wendy's for Mandarin Chicken Salad! Truly, my life is non-stop wonder!

Rosey, I laughed out loud at your story! I must be built strange, because I've lost over 30# and NOTHING has ever fallen off me; in fact, the only people who notice are the ones with whom I'm taking the journey! I think it's great that you're doing so well. Is your DH still providing encouragement insofar as workouts and food management? I think you're a fabulous team!

Hope you're all well. Everyone, be safe and have a lovely day!
Old 05-05-2010, 11:22 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Donna,

I LOVED nine! In fact, I own only a very few DVD's, but that is one I intend to buy. Enjoy!

Lynn
Old 05-05-2010, 04:05 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 220/204/150

Height: 5'7"

Good Afternoon:

Lynn: My younger son really likes to travel outside the USA. I'll keep your advice in mind. I still want to see the Florida Keys (hope it isn't too late) and the fall colors in New England before I start on the world.

Bobbie: It's too early to plant most veggies yet, but I do have potato sacks going. I have a lot of flower beds and the new ones still get pretty weedy.

AKROSEY: About your pants...Falling off is much better than splitting, don't you think? Good for you!

Karen: I voted for your furbabies--they are too cute. Bless you for being a rescuer.

Have a healthy, happy day everyone.

Doris
Old 05-05-2010, 10:10 PM   #34  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hellew, been busy all day. I'm getting ready to go to DS's place for a while to babysit while DIL goes to university. She just found out today that she's been accepted off the wait list and begins on Monday. This time I'm taking the car so I can get home on the weekends.

Don't know how many calories I ate today and I didn't get in any exercise at all. I'm gone to try and remember all I ate so I can enter everything into fitday. Catch you all tomorrow.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:39 AM   #35  

Good Morning Everyone,
Today is doctor day. Pretty much got organized from trip. Paid bills, got through mail, unpacked, and caught up on my email. This morning – after the gym – got an ultrasound on my thyroid. When I ended up in the hospital from flu, the chest xray they did turned up some stuff on my thyroid. My endocrinologist ordered an ustrasound – we’ll see what this turns up.

In a couple of hours, have an appointment with my primary doctor. I want him to shoot up my knee. I made it through the trip, but it’s still hurting. All that climbing and dragging luggage through Italy’s hill towns didn’t do it any good.

I need to check on getting trip insurance for my Ireland trip. I haven’t used it since a problem with a trip my DH and I were going to take to Alaska. Short story is that it didn’t pay out – claimed my DH’s stroke that prevented our trip was due to a pre-existing condition. However, Ireland airports just closed due to new volcano eruptions. If trip gets cancelled because of volcano, I could get plane tickets re-scheduled (there’s always another country to visit), but I think I would be responsible for genealogy program and hotel.

I gained 6 lbs over trip to Italy – lost 1 since I’ve been back. Sure hope I lose the other 5 before I leave for Ireland.

Lynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Good Morning Girls!
Isabella. Wish me luck on my kolacky cookies I'm making again today for our rummage sale. We have 5 family members doing it together and everyone is bringing tons of food. I'll need blinders on my head! My first batch of kolacys I froze but they tasted just as good frozen so that's not a safe place to store them. I'll try again today. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Lynn, You're off to Ireland in 3 weeks, what a fun life you have! That's one place I'd love to travel to and don't have any Irish in me. I watched a travelog on the cooking channel about the rolling green hills and fantastic food, pubs, etc.
Hi Bobbi,
I have made those cookies (my ex’s mother was Ukranian & taught me how). They are VERY difficult. The dough is VERY sticky (I used to dust the dough with confectionary sugar & keep it refrigerated as I was rolling it out).
Hmmm – good food in Ireland. From my past trips – at least 15 years ago, the best thing they had to eat was their brown bread. I have a pretty good recipe for it. I’ll try to find and post in our recipe thread.
By the way, the food in Italy was the BEST! Even better than in France!
Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
..when i was shopping in wallmart my dh was helping me transfer to the ridey cart and my pants are loose now so as i slid onto the seat my pants slipped down serious butt showing so i had to sit forward and lift up so he could hike up my pants.. now i know why i couldnt wear thongs no happy medium it was funny tho..on that note have a nice day (((hugs))) rosey
Hi Rosey,
Sounds like it’s time for some new pants! Get some that fit & then you’ll be safe in some thongs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaezieZ View Post
Good Afternoon:

Lynn: My younger son really likes to travel outside the USA. I'll keep your advice in mind. I still want to see the Florida Keys (hope it isn't too late) and the fall colors in New England before I start on the world.
Doris
Hi Doris,
The fall colors in New England are BEAUTIFUL! Florida Keys are OK – Key West has gotten too touristy for me. Also, the weather in New England is more to my liking. My DD & SIL plan to move to FL when they retire (as soon as they can sell their B&B). I am NOT looking forward to that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
Hellew, been busy all day. I'm getting ready to go to DS's place for a while to babysit while DIL goes to university. She just found out today that she's been accepted off the wait list and begins on Monday. This time I'm taking the car so I can get home on the weekends.
Hi Isabella,
Does this mean you will be spending weekdays away from your home? For how long? I know that your DIL must be happy about this – how about you?

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 05-06-2010 at 08:40 AM.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:53 AM   #36  
Donna

Good Morning, All...

Lynn, "Nine" was VERY good! I don't much care for opera and some of the voices were definitely operatic, but I otherwise loved the show! And is this DD who went on the trip with you the one who has been so ill? How did she do on the trek? Hope your knee is okay!

I miss PT/Zoe! I hope she's having a good time!

Rosey, just for my own curiousity, I put on a pair of pants I wore last summer, and I was able to slide them off my hips without unbuttoning them. Thanks for giving me the incentive to try that! It was gratifying!! However, you will NEVER, EVER catch me in a thong! I can't imagine anything more uncomfortable!!! I'd be twitching and shifting all day long!

Have a good day, everyone, and be safe!!
Old 05-06-2010, 01:42 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
Good Morning, All...

Lynn, "Nine" was VERY good! I don't much care for opera and some of the voices were definitely operatic, but I otherwise loved the show! And is this DD who went on the trip with you the one who has been so ill? How did she do on the trek? Hope your knee is okay!

Have a good day, everyone, and be safe!!
Hi Donna,

Yes - I have only 1 DD. She was sick from the cancer treatment - not the cancer. Once the treatment was over, she recuperated quickly.

Attached is her photo - on the balcony of our room in Rome - overlooking the Pantheon.

Lynn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Roma 039.jpg (41.7 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 05-06-2010 at 01:44 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:14 PM   #38  

Morning everyone..a dreary rainy day here but most of our snow is gone now..im still waking up early, think i need to find my sleep mask..i braved the scale this am and im still the same..im a little frustrated as im doing everything im suppose to..maybe its a plateau. My dh asked if i would make potatoe salad and bq meatballs for dinner which i did, and i had 4 meatballs no sauce and 1 cup of potatoe salad,not a great choice but it sure tasted good..im getting to the part of dieting that ive always failed at before..so am trying to change old habits and keeping my eye on the prize..am re-evaluating my food journals to see if im missing anything and plan on being more careful with counting the carbs..its work tho but well worth it..hoping for a great day for u all ((((hugs))) rosey
Old 05-06-2010, 09:29 PM   #39  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi gals. Another long day of cooking and baking. DH is now able to survive on more than PB&J sandwiches. I've got about 6 meals ready for him as well as all the food for next weekend when I come home. That's the weekend DS#2 is moving. I've made pizza for that day. I have the crusts made and will just have to add the sauce and toppings next week when they get baked and devoured by the moving crew (inlaws and outlaws).

I'm just about asleep here but I'll answer your question Lynn. I'll be gone on the week days and hopefully get home most weekends. I'm taking the car this time round. DS will also pay for my bus fare if I decide to use that mode of transportation.

Well, I'm gone. I'll soon be asleep and drooling into the keyboard. Have a good evening.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:24 AM   #40  

Good Morning Everyone,

Got a cortisone shot in my knee yesterday. Need to go easy on exercise today. I'm supposed to see my DF - maybe we'll take a drive to the shore and walk on the boardwalk - supposed to be a beautiful day.

Check back later,

Lynn
Old 05-07-2010, 10:18 AM   #41  
Donna

Good Morning, All...

Gorgeous day today, low 70s, so sayeth the WF. I love Spring and Fall!

No news. All is well, status quo. I feel great.

Hope the day is a good one. Lynn, be kind to your knee!! Be safe, everyone.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:53 PM   #42  

Good Morning all,

It's raining here, thunder, lightening, everything! Surprisingly, my little doggie isn't reacting. he's usually very bad, terribly afraid of bad weather. I'm afraid that maybe his hearing is getting bad. At least he isn't afraid..

Haven't been doing much of anything. Sports season for the kids (grands) have started and they keep us running. Both of them play. Right now it's soccer and baseball, so with that and practice, it's something every evening. Which is a good thing, it's getting DH out and keeping him busy.

Lynn, so good to see you back. Teh trip sounds so fun! And I know you are looking forward to the next one. The only traveling i'm going to be doing any time soon is going with you! The pictures are wonderful. Thanks for sharing. Hope the trip to the Dr. goes well.

Rosie, what a wonderful feeling, when you start to really see the difference that weight loss and exercise make. Keep up the good work. You may be on a plateau, but if you are still lifting weights you will be building muscle.

Karen, The pool is open? I'm getting my suit out! Will Saturday be a good day for company?

Z, miss you, but I know you are having a wonderful time!!! Enjoy!!!

Isabella, How long will you have to babysit? Will it be for the duration of college, or am I reading this wrong. Enjoy the little one.

Donna, another one here that will NEVER be tempted to own a thong! Talk about uncomfortable!

Doris, Hi. Look forward to getting to know you.

Everyone, make it a good day!

Freda
Old 05-07-2010, 01:13 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

The pool is open-- did it on the 4th. BUT the water temperature is still only 68 degrees. I used a thermometer to see what it was 2 days ago and it showed 80-- but we bought a pool thermometer and it is only showing 68 right now!! A little cool to swim!! But I am very anxious--Yesterday the tempertature outside got up to 89 so if we have several days of that it won't take long to warm up however, they are showing cooler weather and rain for the next 5 days! That doesn't help!

I ordered a aqua fitness belt, and weights and plan to use them in the pool to get some aerobic exercising done while playing! It should be fun to jog in the pool.

Better get busy--need to get things done today and planning on a Mother's Day dinner for my Aunt this Sunday after church. Still need to get a card and some flowers.

OK, just did a check and my ticker is now correct again!! YAY!! Now to make that move in the downward direction!!!

Take care everyone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2960.jpg (32.0 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Karen31; 05-07-2010 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:27 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Just wanted to stop in and say HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL!!! Here is a bouquet for everyone! Enjoy the weekend!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2969.jpg (29.5 KB, 7 views)
Old 05-08-2010, 10:02 AM   #45  
Donna

Good Morning, All...
Just a quick hello! Karen, the flowers are pretty! Are they from your garden?

Everyone, be safe today and have a LOVELY Mom's Day!!
Closed Thread