Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 08:58 AM   #106  

Good Morning Chickies,

Linda...No, the doctor didn't give me an eye guard, and I wish he did. My allergies have kicked in this morning, so my eyes are very itchy and tearing up. All I can do for now is dab it with a wet cloth to keep from scratching the dickens out of it.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you with all of your surgeries ahead of you.

Hy...Thanks so much for your good wishes. I hope my eye is back to normal in a couple of days.

Guess I better get busy and fix my hubby some breakfast, so we can hit the road. We are taking our convertible frame back to the restoration shop for them to do the work they forgot to do on it. Can't believe we are going to have another summer with the car not done again. Guess it is something to look forward to for next summer.

Have a good day.

Cheryl
Old 04-26-2007, 05:25 PM   #107  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi gang . . .

Just flying across the sky to say a really quick HI . . .

Got tangled up with Spring Cleaning and furniture rearranging and suddenly the day was gone. Also got a call from the office asking for help with some more retirement calculations so guess that shoots my morning tomorrow. Then I've got to run some errands to get ready for the little trip to the hospital on Monday.

Hope I'll get a chance to pop in sometime tomorrow. Have a great moving and shaking evening, everybody . . . see you soon . . .
Old 04-27-2007, 10:37 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

It's Friday. This has been quite a week !!! Finally got the insurance adjuster here and we will get a new roof on our house and garage.

CHERYL: Glad your eye surgery is over. I'm praying for your speedy recovery. I'm sorry it itches so much, guess that is a sign of healing. I'm really proud of you for telling DH "NO!!!!!" when he asked you to babysit. I wouldn't worry too much about weight loss right now, you have enough to worry about just getting well.

HY: Congratulations on the 2 lbs gone!!! It feels so good when we get into a different set of numbers.

LINDA: Good luck on your eye surgery on Monday. My prayers are with you. Glad they could move it up so you have a little more time before the next one.

JUDE: I'm glad to hear that your DD has moved on with her life. She will be just fine, look who she has for a Mom? As far as emotional eating, I think we can all understand that. It will get better when things settle down a bit.
I have done some professional emotional eating this week. Hate to face the scale but I know I have to.

Hope all of you have a great weekend and that our surgical patients get along super well. My prayers are with you.

DONNA
Old 04-27-2007, 05:00 PM   #109  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . . I'm rushing again . . .

At least I did get the work project finished and some shopping done. Hopefully I'll get some time on the weekend to update you on what I bought . . .

Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking weekend planned . . . see you all later . . .
Old 04-28-2007, 08:49 AM   #110  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Thought I needed a little break at the computer to nurse my puppykittenprickle scars. Yep, that's what I did in that small break I had yesterday . . . spent some big bucks on some very small balls of furr. Something I never thought I would do -- in the past, cats have always been something that came relatively free from either friends or the local SPCA. Oh well, not this time.

Found a local breeder of Bengals, fell in love, and brought home all three left in the litter. Called them Frick and Frack (two females) and Muttley (the male). Frack and Mutt are a little darker in colour than Frick . . . so, if they are all together (and you can see the rear view ) you can tell them apart -- other than that, I don't have a clue as to who is who. I labelled the pictures below with some best guesses in some cases. I'm sure I'll get them figured out eventually. Of course, they each have a mile-long registration name too, but I really don't care and I'm pretty sure they don't either. So far, they are pretty skittish about the three adults who are just very curious about the little ones, but I'm sure everything will be fine pretty soon.

So . . . my Crazy Cat Lady of Pictou County title has definitely been confirmed. Have a great day, everybody . . . see you later . . .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sleeping Beauties.jpg (24.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Mutt&Frack.jpg (22.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Jazz&Frack.jpg (20.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Frick.jpg (44.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Frick-maybe.jpg (18.6 KB, 10 views)
Old 04-28-2007, 01:11 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 188/169.5/150

Height: 5'9"

Meowee CONGRATS on the newest additions to your family!! They are SO adorable!!! Thank you for sharing the photos. OMG you must be having so much fun!

I think it's wonderful you decided to just go ahead and adopt them all I hear you very well about getting most of your pets from shelters - us too. I have a long history of adopting rescue/shelter dogs and cats, in fact most of the pets we have now came from those sources, but...

I also have a couple younger dogs that I purchased because I love that particular breed so much. I did my research to be sure I wasn't dealing with a "backyard breeder" or puppy mill. And like your new little ones, my two pedigreed dogs could give a hill of beans about their fancy backgrounds - lol!

Again, congratulations I was checking in here anyway this AM to say again that you will be in my thoughts and prayers during your upcoming eye procedure!! (btw, Cheryl hope you are doing OK? You too have been in my thoughts and prayers after your eye surgery.)

Donna I wanted to mention also that I am SO sorry to hear about the damage you incurred from that storm - it must have been terrifying to have experienced!!

I'm going to go take a shower, feed my pets and then take the afternoon off and read a book!

Hugs to all Chickies

Hy
Old 04-29-2007, 04:06 PM   #112  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . .

Just flying through for a quick little HELLO. Kittens are keeping me crazy busy and I'm still trying to get some laundry and stuff done.

Probably won't be around here tomorrow because of the surgery, but hope to be back on track by Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest. So will see you all then.

In the meantime, keep things moving and shaking . . .
Old 05-01-2007, 02:33 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

Hi everyone, only have a few minutes to stop by, will catch up to all of you

later this week. Just wanted to say that the FFM wasn't mad at me after all

she left me the same this week, so have to work harder to see a loss for

next week !!!! DONNA
Old 05-01-2007, 04:30 PM   #114  
Day at a Time

S/C/G: 242/222/140

Good Morning ladies. I am back to struggling again. I was on a roll there and getting things moving and now the sugar addict is back. As soon as there is stress I reach for the sugar and now it is hard to get off it again. Any suggestions. I feel like a person possessed when I head to the candy machine. I have a cold too so my resistance is down but man it is hard. I was down to 218 and will have to smarten up if I want to hold it.
Hope everyone is well.
Very cute kittens. I had 2 dogs but they have passed and I miss them to bits. Staying petless till I retire though. Miss the company.
Here is to a sugar free day tomorrow. Seeing as I have already blown today.
hugs....Jude
Old 05-02-2007, 05:00 PM   #115  
Onward and Downward

Hi . . .

Just noticed that Cheryl forgot to post a link to the new MAY/JUNE thread that she opened this morning . . .

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...89#post1678089

See you over there, girls . . .
Closed Thread