Old 12-01-2011, 11:15 AM   #1  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Talking Worldlies Wrapping Up the Year in December

Ok ladies, logged on this morning and I see we need a December thread. Always a challenge to come up with a new title. Hope you like this one ... I'll be back to post after I set up.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:40 AM   #2  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Ok so here we are - a little "wrapping" for Mel. And hard to believe we are winding up the year already. Time is really flying by. Even here - I've been off a whole month already and it sure doesn't feel like it. The good thing is that it's not quite as hectic as it was.

I need to get into my ex-employers website to get at my last check. Trouble is, they are so far behind in technology that none of my browers will work and I'm not downgrading them and creating other issues. My old desktop might work but we are missing a cable. DH is going to try and hunt for it. This is really getting to be a pain. I grabbed 4 boxes yesterday and they were all dud boxes - stuff that can wait a few months to unpack.

It snowed a little last night - just gentle flakes slowly falling. DH set up a flood light on the front deck shining out into the pine trees where he set corn and cut up apples. We hooked the light to a special light cord with a remote control on off switch so I can turn the light on from inside the house. Looked out last night and 2 does (female deer) were out nibbling. It was so peaceful looking. Then just before I headed to bed there was a little bunny eating outside. I miss bunnies - we only saw ONE 1 in all the years we lived in TN - can you believe it? Someone said you don't see them because the people eat them but I don't think that was the case in my neighborhood although they did have alot of roving cats which would definitely cut the population. Anyway the bunny was nibbling and suddenly scampered off. 30 seconds later a young buck and doe came over and started eating. It just looked so pretty with the snow falling. It's cold today but I have more than enough warm clothes.

Today's agenda is getting back to tidying up the place and getting rid of more boxes. DH just came in with some stuff to sort through - hopefully one of them has the needed cable. Better go help him. Back later...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
What an awesome sight that would be to watch wild life!
Thanks for setting up the new thread. We have rabbit's or should I say hare. They are brown.
-----------
My sore throat has turned into a sinus infection. But I have some cipro stashed away and took one last night before bed. Feeling better this morning.

As Laura would say I'm being a sloth this morning.

My WW At Home kit came yesterday. I'm starting a 90 day challenge today. Weighed in at 194.6. My goal has been to get to or pass 190 by the end of
December.

Last edited by ceejay52; 12-01-2011 at 12:26 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:35 PM   #4  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy December ladies!

It's been an exhausting day. Trying to figure out the root cause of why my report wasn't displaying the data it should and in the way that it should. It's nearly time to go home, and not only am I working from home tomorrow...I'm only working 1/2 day! I have lots of presents that need to be wrapped, boxed and shipped, and then decorations to bring up from the basement and a Christmas letter to write.

I hope the headache that just came on goes away quickly...I just don't have time for it.

I'll write more tomorrow.

Love and hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Not feeling very well. Woke up this morning and the room was going round and round and round. Sat up and went to the bathroom and things seemed to settle down until I lay down again and things went round and round. So I sat up for a while. Now the world is going round in a vertical position, so no work for me today. Not sure what is causing this but I hope it goes away as fast as it came.

I'll be back when I feel better.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:35 PM   #6  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi ya ladies....lost contact for a bit...too much going on in the evenings and don't have time or energy to post....want sleep...sleep...

Had a disturbing night of sleep a couple of nights ago....very scarish nitemares and was screaming in my sleep...Curtis just happened to be going to the bathroom and heard me, came running out and thought someone was attacking me...no just dreaming awful things.....He held me the rest of the night while I layed there with my eyes wide open in fear....rediculous....last nights dreams were sweet...jeez wish I could remember what I ate to make me have crazy dreams. lol.

Last nights dinner with sissy and family was lovely.....got to change monkey's diaper and dress him for bed, then held him til we left for home. He is so sweet. The love I am feeling is amazing. and I am sharing it with all my sistas...be happy.

Work was crazy yesterday and today....end of year, company's wanting insurance quotes like yesterday for Jan 1 installment...really? Like you didn't know you wanted them before now???? Go ahead, make me crazy!
Oh and I tried to log on from work today...guess what....oh yeah...it will let you log on and go the route, post whatever...but in the bottom corner of the computer there is this little eyeball with a circle with a line through it blinking...um...I exited out. At least they let you know when you are being watched and reported...since I didn't post it won't go against me.....really, don't they know that posting and reading for about 10 minutes is a stress reliever so I can do my job better?

Laura....well everyone deserves a who cares day and do nothing...so girl you go for it. Sorry about the train...what a mess... Really...I love my hair appt...relaxing...I don't care if I sit with color on my head...I usually nod off.. The insurance is not in your mortgage payment? Strange...mine is so I don't have to worry about making that payment....however...my mortgage, insurance and whatever...my monthly payment is crazy high.

Happy....moving and getting organized...well look at it this way...you have the rest of your life to do that...so just do it at your leisure.... If you have a septic system..be sure to put RID X in your toitie once a month to eat the junk out of your system's storage....Monkey is doing so very good....sissy is such an awesome mommie....

Posting this much....will finish after dinner....hugs..be back shortly
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:21 PM   #7  
Annie - Indiana

Ok, back...dinner done...dishes loaded...laundry in dryer...glass of wine...ready for a relaxing evening....

Ceejay...I think it is a great idea to only go once a month to the uncles....the car needs to last you for a long time...no need in racking up the miles...my 05 Camry has 160000 miles on it and praying it last another 100K....I know it is rediculous but that is about the time I will be ready to get another car....

MELLIE....maybe we will just come to you and get married then serve beaker food at the reception...lol. Speaking of beaker food...tonights beaker foods was dressing with shredded pork a top, then shredded cheddar cheese with a can of cream of chicken soup poured a top.....it was very good and tasty...Curtis approved and asked that I packed some to take in his lunch tomorrow...that is how I know it was good...when he askes for a "to go box" lol.

Chelle..I hope you AND DH get to feeling better and can enjoy the Christmas season. It is rediculous that any one person should suffer so much..like dear GOD spread the pain elsewhere or just plain get rid of it. Maybe you and DH should get a punch card and after 10 punches of visits, treatments, therapy, you should get a free one! Seriously..why not?

SHADDIE....poor thing...I knew all the running and WORKING would get you eventually....more vitiman C's for you sista, get some rest...and take it easy...you are NOT invincable (sp) so take it easy on yourself....don't make me fret over you too! My mind is full...so get better and feel good!

Ok...I gotta get the clothes outta the dryer and get into some sweats and enjoy the evening with my man.....

Loves and hugs...
Old 12-01-2011, 06:46 PM   #8  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY THANKS FOR STARTING THE NEW MONTH
I AM "ALL WRAPPED UP MYSELF" IN HOLIDAY SPIRIT AND HOLIDAY FOODS!!!
WE WENT TO TJ'S TODAY AND HAD A GREAT TIME TOGETHER.
JEN OF COURSE LOVED THE STORE. I TOLD HER TO GO HER OWN WAY AND WILLY STAYED WITH ME.
SHE GOT THE LAY OF THE LAND AND WAS SHOCKED AT SO MANY CHOICES OF PRE-MADE FOODS.
I THINK SHE THOUGHT SHE HAD DIED AND GONE TO HEAVEN.
NOW SHE KNOW BASICALLY WHAT I LIKE AND WHERE IT'S LOCATED.
MRS CLAUSE LEFT WITH LOTS OF BAGS AND VERY BROKE.
GOTTA LOVE THE SEASON THOUGH.

THE OFFICE IS ANOTHER STORY. NOT ONE FOR HERE THOUGH.
TRYING VERY HARD TO REMAIN ABOVE THE DRAMA AND NASTINESS BUT IT AIN'T EASY I CAN TELL YA.
JUST GOT DONE A LITTLE WHILE AGO WITH A TENANT WHO IS INCAPABLE OF TAKING CARE OF HERSELF OR HER "INSIDES".
LONG STORY BUT PROTECTIVE SERVICES ARE GETTING A CALL TOMORROW.
VERY SAD WAY TO SPEND THE HOLIDAYS FOR HER.
THANK GOD SAL STAYED AND HELPED ME GET EVERYTHING CLEANED UP. POOR SAL..

I AM A BIT TOO TIRED TO GO BACK AND READ RIGHT NOW BUT WILL CHECK OUT THE LAST POSTS TOMORROW.
I DID SEE CEEJAY GOT SOME SNOW. NOW I WISH WE HAD SOME.
WOULD PUT ME IN THE CHRISTMASSY MOOD AGAIN
SEE YOU GALS IN THE MORNING.

Last edited by MELODY525; 12-01-2011 at 06:59 PM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:38 AM   #9  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING CHICKS

I HAVE SOME OFFICE STUFF TO DO THIS MORNING.
THEN I NEED A MAINT. MAN TO HELP ME FIND THE REST OF THE DECORATIONS FOR THE TREE.
BUT FOR NOW I HAVE 2 HRS TO SIT QUIETLY AND HAVE BREKKIE.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT FRIDAY/SATURDAY

SHAD....WOW....SORRY TO HEAR YOU'RE NOT FEELING WELL. HOPE THE DIZZINESS HAS SUBSIDED. JEN ALMOST FELL OVER THE OTHER MORNING AND WE'RE BOTH TAKING MEDS FULL TIME NOW. GET WELL SOON AFTER LAST NIGHT I AM THINKING WE SHOULD PUT THE PHONE CALL OFF TILL AFTER YOU RETURN FROM NZ OR WHEN THIS JOB ENDS. THEN WE CAN TELL EACH OTHER HOW THE HOLIDAY WAS RIGHT NOW I AM GETTING CALLED "OUT" AT ODD HOURS BECAUSE OF A FEW TENANTS THAT QUITE HONESTLY BELONG IN A NURSING HOME. EVEN JEN IS COMPLAINING THAT WE CAN'T EVEN HAVE A DECENT CONVO RIGHT NOW. IS THAT OK WITH YOU? SEVERAL TIMES I HAD TO REHEAT A MEAL OR WRAP UP A SANDWICH FOR LATER. IT'S A NIGHTMARE. NOT OFTEN SO MANY SENIORS ARE DOWN FOR THE COUNT AT ONE TIME BUT IT HAPPENS. FEEL BETTER LITTLE SIS.

CEEJAY...SORRY TO HEAR YOU ARE FEELING SICK TOO WITH THE SINUS INFECTION. JUST TOLD SHAD WE'RE ALL ON MEDS HERE TOO. HOPE YOU GET WELL SOON ALSO AND STAY WARM GLAD YOUR WW KIT ARRIVED AND GOOD LUCK!!!LET US KNOW HOW YOU LIKE IT.

HAPPY.....THANKS AGAIN FOR STARTING DECEMBER AND I LOVE THE TITLE!! IT WAS PERFECT TIMING TOO AS WHEN I CAME UPSTAIRS LATE, I WAS SO GLAD TO BE DONE WITH NOVEMBER!!! THE WILDLIFE WATCH IS GREAT AND WHAT A SUPER IDEA WITH THE LIGHT. CONSTANT ENTERTAINMENT. HOPE YOU FIND THE CABLE AND CAN GET TO YOUR LAST CHECK. CAN'T THEY JUST SEND ONE?!?! ALSO HOPE YOU FIND THE RIGHT BOXES!

LAURA....I WENT BACK TO LOOK FOR YOU BUT 3FC IS BEING STUBBORN AND I CANNOT GET TO THE PAGE BEFORE LAST. SO NOT SURE IF YOU POSTED BEFORE WE CAME HERE. SENDING MY SISTER A HUG ANYWAY AND HOPE ALL IS WELL

ANNIE....SORRY THE JOB AND 3FC ARE NOT GETTING ALONG. BUT JOBS ARE MUCH MORE IMPORTANT NOWADAYS!!! I HAD AN AWFUL NIGHTMARE THE OTHER WEEK AND WAS PETRIFIED TO GO BACK TO SLEEP FOR A WHILE. WHERE DO THESE HORRORS COME FROM?!?! GLAD CURTIS COULD EASE THE FRIGHT AND LIKES YOUR MEALS!! WHAT A GUY!! A REAL KEEPER. THE TIME WITH JAKE IS SO PRECIOUS. KEEP UP THE POSTS. I LOVE IT. GIVE HIM A SQUEEZE FOR ME.....AND A SMOOCH!!!

MICHELLE.....HOPE THE HEAD FEELS BETTER. I'LL SEND MY PRESENTS OVER THERE...YOU CAN WRAP MINE UP TOO
HOW DID THE REPORT GO??? HOPE IT ALL WORKED OUT.

Last edited by MELODY525; 12-02-2011 at 07:41 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:11 AM   #10  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies -

Thank goodness I only have 1.5 hours to go before I am done with work for the day. My back and leg pain are bad today. Post-procedure pain is quite common for the first 3 or 4 weeks....just in time for me to get Round 2 on my right side. But if the end result is at least a year with little or no pain...then I'll take it.

I'm trying to focus on getting a few work things done today...then it's gift wrapping/boxing/shipping time, then decorating. DMIL said she'd be happy to help, and I will definitely take her up on that.

Sorry for the lack of personals today. I hope you all are doing well.

Much love and many hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:27 AM   #11  

Morning all. Going to cheat and paste the entry I wrote yesterday and never posted.

Michelle – It sounds like your medical plans are all set up so you can get your treatments before your insurance changes next year. I hope your tests are successful so you can get the rf ablation done – I really want you to feel good and be able to be as active as you want! I know how you feel about getting home and not wanting to go back out. I feel the same, which is why those 8 pm exercise classes just wouldn’t work for me. If I don’t get back out right away, forget it! Plenty you can do at home. I still want to borrow some more exercise dvds from the library for yoga and cardio and try them out.

Happy – Ugh, your insurance situation sounds like it’ll be a nightmare for the next several months. Hope you can get through it without too much agony. Gosh, 60 days isn’t much time to get the driver’s license switched over, but you’re right, why make yourself a target for being ticketed? I hear many people say they are busier in retirement, and that they don’t know how they used to have time for their job, LOL.

Shad – Things normally start to get slow for our department this time of year, but I’ve got this software conversion going, so not for me. I hope you’re savoring this slow time, and that it stays that way up until your trip to NZ so there’s no last minute craziness with work before you go.

Ceejay – So is the snow gone now? We might get some tonight, but not a lot, if any. The weather people are saying how it’s unusually late this year to be getting a first snow, and I’m not even sure we’ve had any measurable snow yet – just flurries. Fine by me. I keep putting off buying a taller pair of snow boots, but the day will come when I need them and I’ll be SOL.

Annie – You sound so content at the moment – love reading your happy posts! But I do hope that this latest reorg at work doesn’t impact you. LOL Sissy assigning you to provide the dinners on the night when she has to feed a finicky child.

Mel – Hope you’re letting any office nastiness roll off/over you and aren’t letting it ruin your holiday spirit. You’re probably at Trader Joe’s as I write this, or on your way there. Hope you and Jen enjoy the trip. I love seeing all the stuff TJ’s has, but we usually end up buying the same few things. Which is probably a good thing. I could go crazy in there with all the neat stuff they have, especially the holiday goodies.
==
Boring week – nothing much to report. I got to sit on the train today, and no delay, whoo!

Last night was my hair appointment. Even before going to it, I was feeling tired. Probably just TOM.

Dinner was pizza from a new place. It was not as thin as the kind we usually get, but I still had two slices. Not sure if I got the calories right in My Fitness Pal since it’s an estimate based on other listings of pizza, but I did have a salad for lunch, so I think I did okay for the day. As for the pizza, it was tasty, but I think it was too expensive. And I prefer a thinner crust and less cheese.

As for the sodium content…this morning’s BP reading was higher than it normally is (but not too high), so I know the pizza was chock full of it. My usual bp levels on this combination bp med are pretty low now and I wish there were a lower dosage med available, but probably not. And my doc would probably contend that being in the low 100s is fine for my top number, especially since my bottom reading is now in the low 70’s, as desired. Boo. I’m tempted to mess w/ the dosage myself, cutting the pills in half, or maybe alternating days with the combo pill and the water-only pill. I don’t feel bad on this drug, but I’ve been conveniently blaming everything on it – numbness when sleeping, feeling cold more frequently, slight dizziness right when I get out of bed in the AM. Obviously I’d rather not be on it, but I doubt my doc would think any of those reasons are justification for a change. And she’d probably just try a different drug anyway. Good motivation to keep trying to drop my excess weight!!

Oh, this medical talk has reminded me I have to make my annual call to BC/BS because, as usual they have processed the claim for my mammo incorrectly and say I may owe my provider $200. What a bunch of BS. I’ve had to do this the past several years. Of course I could blame my med provider on how they submit it. Yet another reason to fire them and switch to a new ob/gyn. Hmmm.

Okay, just rambling now, so I’ll stop. I see we don’t have a Dec. thread yet, so I will wait to post this. I did it in Word, so it’s just a cut & paste anyway.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:24 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

shad
I hate those days of dizzy spells. Mine usually come from to much fluid in the inner ear. You were wise to stay home. Feel better soon.

Michelle
Sounds like you are getting more than ready for the Christmas Holiday's. Hope you do well with the next procedure.

Annie
Your comment about the car is exactly what I had in mind. I want it to last me for the rest of my driving years. Sorry you had such night mares. You have been under a lot of stress lately. So glad Curtis was there for you.

Mel
So there's still drama in the office. You are wise in staying out of it. Kinda nice to have Jen do your shopping.

Laura
Yum on the pizza. The normal according to my sister is 90/60-120/80. My doctor told me to cut the fluid med of 25mg to half the tablet each day. I'm doing lot's' better. The fluid pill will drain your potassium from your body.

Happy Are you still unpacking?

----------
Up and at it this morning. Would like to get outside if it's not to cold and do a little yard work.
I'm planning on taking some more mulch and leaves to my uncle's tomorrow but not spending the night. The next weather system is moving in on Saturday night and I want to be home. Tomorrow we eat lunch together.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:25 AM   #13  

Morning again. Double post, lucky yous.

Shad - Sorry you're unwell. Maybe you have an ear infection causing the dizziness, or maybe something you ate? Hope it passes quickly, whatever it is.

Mel - Terrible some of the seniors are having such problems, and sad. You sound busy as heck with this and other building stuff - make sure you take good care of yourself!

Ceejay - Sorry you're also under the weather - ugh, sinus infections. Maybe you need to try a nasal cleansing thing - like a neti pot?

Annie - Too bad about the bad dreams, but wonderful to have Curtis around to help you through it! Awww, nothing like a baby to coo over!

Happy - Thanks for setting up the new thread! Glad things are slowing down for you now. Hope you can get at that last paycheck. Otherwise, bah humbug! You need to check your bp after watching the peaceful wildlife/nature scenes out your window - I'm sure it's lower!! It relaxes me when you tell us about it!

Michelle - Hope the headache is gone and you enjoy your afternoon wrapping session. That's one thing I sort of miss from years ago - wrapping actual gifts. Nowadays we all exchange gift cards and there's not much to wrap.

==
Watched the movie "Sarah's Key" on dvd yesterday - it was the last book club book. It was good, but not as good as the book, as usual. I also finished my next book club book.

Yesterday late afternoon was a retirement party for a member of a department we work closely with. I saw my old boss, who has been retired for about 8 years now. The retiree's boss and the retiree made nice speeches, and I'm happy for her - going off to travel and enjoy a retirement after 30 years with the company.

I pulled out my shoe box of cookie cutters this morning and confirmed I indeed have an angel-shaped cookie cutter -two actually. I think I will bake sugar cookies for book club tomorrow night. The book's title is "The Stupidest Angel" and so angel cookies will be a good fit.

I also have to buy an ornament because we are doing an ornament exchange tomorrow as well.

Okay, enough rambling. Everyone have a good rest of the day.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:08 PM   #14  
Annie - Indiana

Hidee Ho Gurlzzz...

I just wanted to express, once again, how blessed I am to have you all in my life...you make everything seem ok and perfect...thanks for all your support and encouragement.....yes, I am sentimental today....

Lil Monkey update....Sissy took lil man to the doc for his very first real, non-hospital appt with a peditrician....he weighed in at 6 lbs 3 oz. and 19 1/2" long...(recap: born at 3 lb 10 oz and 17" long). Doc said he is doing amazingly great and keep up with the breast milk, evidently it is doing the job. Truly she is a wonderful, caring momma....

Forgot to tell you....every time I am around lil man...I always tell him that Nanna is here to see you lovebug. So he knows my voice. ANYWAY...Sam's S.O. ..Chris, her boyfriend, baby daddy of 3 1/2 years, his daughter, Ainsley (6 yrs) was jumping rope in the living room and kept yelling..."NANNIE, count how many times I jump" "Nannie" That little girl has now melted my heart and I am now Nannie...lol

Does anyone else think Christmas is stressful with all the gift buying crap? I just hate it. Lack of money and too many people to please....I am so over it. I love Christmas and it's true meaning, but so many do not see that. Can we just not get together, share a meal and enjoy our time together without trying to impress with gifts? PLEEEEZZZE

OMG...chia OBama...too funny...just saw the commercial on TV...you know it is bad and they make a chia pet out of the president....lmao

Tonight is baked pork chops, taters of some sort and a side veggie..out of lettuce and used my very last garden picked tomato last night....makes me sad, but also glad my matos lasted till Dec 2...like wow!

Hella Bs hair is so long that she is having issue with BM..if you get my jest. Curtis and I are going to TRY to remedy that situation tonight with tranquilizers, a blanket over the head and me clipping her hair around her bottom...I am NOT looking forward to that as I have been bitten more than I relish...wish us luck!

LAURA...cool on the cookie cutters...I love angels...here is one to make you go blah...Curtis calls me angel....isn't that too sugary? lol I love ornament exchanges and have not been in one for several years, like since 2001. I miss that fun! We would have an exchange and dinner with all that participated...so much fun.

CHELLE...I certainly hope you are feeling better and better every day....always except help (DMIL) and just say thank you..it does the offer person a world of good to think they are helpful...hope DH is getting some relief also...wow..you two need a definite break...I pray daily for your pain relief...love ya sista.

MELLIE...bah humbug on the office but don't let it steal your Christmas joy!! Watch your UPS deliveries on Tuesday...xoxo....TJ sounded like a real fun time especially since Jen went with you and found it to be a treasure...heck I would go visit an outhouse if it involved spending time with my DD or DS...lol.....

CEEJAY...safe travels to the uncles...and I agree with you on wanting to be home when the bad weather hits...I just feel more comfortable when I am at home...

SHADDIE...hope you are feeling better...it is sad that GOD gives us illnesses to let us know we need to slow down and take better care of ourselves....like a tap on the shoulder would do the trick for me...feel better sweet sista...hugs...xoxo

HAPPY....are you settling in? But the real question is....have you found enough parts to make at least one lamp?? How frustrating...may the force of patience be with you!

Must get off of here and get dinner going....preparation, then the oven...

I love ya sistas, hope you have a wonderful weekend...will try to stop back by later....CVS tomorrow morning...spending the afternoon with DD shopping for hair stuff then visiting DS on Sunday...taking Chili for dinner to DSs house....

Lots and Lots of love and so many hugs.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:11 PM   #15  

Hey Annie - So good to hear the little guy is doing so well.

I agree w/ you re the gifts - it can get to be too much. Most of bf's family has it "right" - buying just for the kids of extended family, and no gifts, or just little gifts (like treats) for the adults. In my family we still do the gifts for everyone, and it's mostly gift cards being exchanged, which is silly IMO. I think it's because we're not all that close, and maybe giving gifts is a way to deny the truth of it, haha. I like the idea of just getting together and sharing a nice meal, and forget the rest. Or agreeing to shop for a needy family instead. Or drawing names and buying for just one person. Or just little stocking stuffers because they can be a lot of fun (the past several years I've attached a couple lottery scratch off tickets to people's gifts). Maybe someday I'll make the suggestion for a change.

OMG, good luck w/ Bella's haircut!! That does not sound like fun. Definitely wait until those tranqs take effect!!!

Ceejay - I hadn't thought about the potassium loss through the fluid pill. Guess I better keep up w/ my multi-vite and keep eating bananas! I have a combination pill, so I can't split just one or the other of the meds. Enjoy lunch w/ the uncles, and safe travels!