Old 01-18-2013, 09:15 PM   #286  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

She is leaning toward nursing, but not completely sure. She's got a 4.+ and a 29 ACT. A full-ride would be amazing, but even the half would really help. What does your DD study?
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:20 PM   #287  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

She is going to be a pharmacist.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:21 PM   #288  
Fat to Fab and Fit

4.0 and 29...hmmm, she may be able to get a full ride. Definitely 50 They stare at that ACT quite heavy and some colleges want 31 or 32....could she retake it?

Last edited by Sum38; 01-18-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:53 PM   #289  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

Pharmacy is a great field. I know quite a few kids in programs here in Ohio. Unfortunately, it's too late to retake now, but she's at a 30 for the colleges that super score.
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:07 PM   #290  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

...smart girls! You Moms must be proud! My oldest is a sophomore, and I know what you mean about losing weight for graduation. GOOD LUCK!!!! You'll be skinny for April showers and May flowers! I admit that I want to be thinner for my boys. They're sooo tall--they get a lot of attention re their appearance. I don't like the idea of attention turning to me on accounta my size.

Today was Drag Your Butt Day at work. I'm expecting a special award at the next team meeting....ok...not really...but I did have to strain to focus my brain.

Fewer carbs today. Atkins has put the fear of carbs in me. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope Auntie Flo pays a visit soon. That might help explain the stall.

Deadlines, deadlines, deadlines....trying not to stress out....

Shout out to MsT...your odyssey is almost over! Pacemaker's coming! Your hubs will be chasing you down those trails soon!
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:00 AM   #291  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

Thanks SeeMyFeet!!! Yup, I'm sure 1 day H & I will be literally tearing up the miles on the trails. We were talking this afternoon while running errands about how proud I am of him. He walks with me nearly everyday. Today we did just 1/2 an hour, but it's better than nothing! He really DIDN'T feel well, but he knows it's good for him. He was apologizing & I told him NOT to apologize. The only time that I won't be really happy with him...is if he doesn't walk when he DOES feel okay or he doesn't take his meds like he should! If he's feeling okay, he has ZERO excuse. BTW he can't lie to me...he can't help but break into a silly grin. Dead give away....

Jennifer/SUM Congrats with the bright & intelligent kids. I hope they are able to go to school & do AWESOME!!!

Good night all! Have a healthy weekend! I get the honor of working all weekend.
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:44 AM   #292  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all, got to read everyone's post to this point. Not staying on long, trying to knock these germs out of my body...

Thanks for all the support and good wishes. Had a wahoo moment this morning, 169.2, that made me feel a little better about the 5:2, hope to see something like that at next week's weigh in.

The keyboard quit working for a moment and forgot all the wonderful, insightful, inspiring things I was going to say, must be the sinus pill...

Best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:27 AM   #293  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Accountability time, ugh!

Girlfriends called and we went out to have a few drinks...which turned into a few more and then the food came

Scale rewarded me with a 2 pound gain
Old 01-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #294  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Oy vey....weight is up again....I'm so not surprised...had a bad couple of days. Emotional eating for sure. It doesnt help that my "partner in eating crime" is my friend that is going through cancer treatment...her philosophy is who cares, lets eat...and I'm along for the ride. I can't blame anyone else though, it is just really hard to stay on track......

Okay enough whining. I'm going to start another thread for a valentines challenge...anyone that wants to be on board please feel free otherwise I am going to just be there alone...I'll still post on this thread, I think the word "challenge" just puts fire under my butt for some reason. Going back to Belly Fat Cure starting now, it worked for me last spring. It is less strict than Atkins and doesn't require you to go into ketosis.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:40 AM   #295  

SUM: you know that kind of weight gain is bloat...drink lots of water after a night of indulgence and it will be gone as soon as it came on. How many millgirams of raspberry ketones do you take? I think I'm going to start taking it again....

KELIJPA: hope you're feeling better. Many are so sick lately with flu or sinus problems.

MRSTYRING: good for you and your hubby for walking together!!

SEEMYFEET: Its good that atkins made you more carb aware....if that is all that you walk away with from that experience then it was worth it. It still surprises me how ignorant people are about what a good and bad carb is.

LINDA: a half inch off your waist is something to celebrate. Remember: when you go into the store to buy clothes they don't say how much do you weigh, they ask you what your size is......losing inches is awesome!
Old 01-19-2013, 04:27 PM   #296  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Zumba I take 50mg in the morning and another 50 mg with dinner...thinking about upping them.

Mrs T I love walking with my hubby too. It makes me feel happy when he comes along -- I hope yours is feeling better.

kelijpa Woot! Under 170!! Congrats!

SeeMyFeet so sorry about your stress at work!! When will you find about the award?

I have been drinking white tea all day long... funny; gallons are going in but nothing is coming out I must have dehydrated myself quite bad last night and my body is probably on sodium overload after all that salty bar food. SeeMyFeet you are afraid of carbs I am afraid of sodium ( I have had a thyroid condition for 20 years and sodium is truly my enemy). -- I should prolly stay away from the scale for a few days, until this water weight starts leaving

I cleaned my whole house. It is a new record...usually I clean one floor at a time. My house is not huge, but the 2500 sq.ft feel like a mansion during the cleaning days. BUT I got it all done and now I get to sit here, smelling the freshly cleaned floors and bathrooms...aww..this is happiness.

Have a beautiful Saturday my dear friends!
Old 01-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #297  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Zumba~thanks for the challenge, will be good to keep me on track, the sinus pill really helped, I think it's just starting to wear off, I hardly coughed at all today, I'm kicking it out with mega walking outside, fresh air in sweat out the bad...

Sum~I'm drinking a bunch of water after my weekly treat (this week italian hoagie and beer)

good reading all your posts
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:34 PM   #298  

I had my monthly visitor today and feel so much better and less hungry. I stuck to BFC today......so proud of myself....drank water....going to take my supplements now.....no workout today but I'll be starting BBL tomorrow.....it's on!!!

Last edited by Zumbachica; 01-19-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:42 AM   #299  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Zumba I am hoping that my monthly visitor gets here early. I am due to have it the day I leave for Europe...17h travel with TOM...not fun!!

I am carrying sooo much water weight. I drank a ton of water and tea yesterday but I feel bloated (maybe because TOM is nearing...did not even think about that)... Hoping that I sill have a woosh soon.

Today we are going to go and look at a few rental homes. I hope we can find something half way decent. We are closing on this house on the 4th of March and we have no where to live

Sending to all!!
Old 01-20-2013, 07:21 PM   #300  
Onward & Downward

Hi everyone.

My name is Natalie. Just joined today. I've been doing WW for a year now (well to be honest more off than on) but just got back to it on the 7th. I'm from Oregon, have 3 daughters (one married in CA and one at college in SD and the last a junior in HS here at home). Hubby is a heavy equipment mechanic and for the last year has been out of town more than home but I can't complain because it pays the bills. I've just finished my associates (medical office) and am looking for work. The WW forum just hasn't been actively supportive but this forum looks very promising. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Now I'd best get off to that darn elliptical (uggh, lol) and get my exercising done.
LuvCats is offline   Reply With Quote