Old 01-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #226  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

NewLeaf~you hang on to that towel, do NOT throw it, you're doing great and thanks for the great thought about finding something with meaning in the here and now...I'm almost annoyed at how loose my pants are, yesterday I was thinking about how tight they were at one time, it would break my heart for them to be tight again...truly...

Zumba~if nothing else hypnosis is supposed to be really relaxing and refreshing, it will be interesting to see how it goes.

Moondance~our bedrooom is the same way, we got the king size bed and dresser that really only fit in there one way, I love it, always wanted the sleigh bed, but it does make me squirm sometimes that you can't rearrange in there, not that I'm a big rearranger, but do enjoy changing it up sometimes.

Went for the walk at the rail trail by myself after work today, did it in 66 minutes so pretty good pace for being by myself, it was chilly, thank God DH's jacket was in the car, made it just enough layers.

I love this board, makes you think, makes you laugh, inspires, it's great, Thanks Ladies!

Best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:58 PM   #227  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

kelijpa yes, hold onto that thought dearly, about your too loose pants... And great job on hitting the trail again today!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:03 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 153/140/120

Height: 5.4

Kelijpa Wow 66 min. walk nice job...gettin it done.
suzyslimdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #229  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Undertook some retail therapy today, LOL. Bought some pretty little glass teacups at IKEA; I'm enjoying a nice cup of green tea at the moment...
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:50 PM   #230  

Another good day here! Made only good choices, foodwise and did 45 minutes on the treadmill, and 15 minutes of weights. It's been awhile since I had 2 successful consecutive days lately, so I'm happy!

Also, I have a crew here, putting stone on the fireplace in our new family room downstairs, so I probably made a dozen trips up and down the stairs today, checking on them. Bonus exercise!

Ordered some jeans online in my regular size, and they came today and were too big. It's a good thing, but I needed a new pair of jeans now - instead I'll be returning them and waiting for them to send out a smaller size. It's an inconvenience, but I guess I can live with it!

Sounds like everyone who's checked in so far has had a pretty good day - keep it up girls!
LindaWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:10 AM   #231  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

GRRRRRrrrrrrr!!! I got it done. It was like pulling teeth, but I got H's syringes. That darnded knot in my neck is about the size of a large grapefruit. I'm about to go take a shower, some Advil & go to bed. It got so ugly that H couldn't even speak...I had to do all the talking. I was just this side of saying, "Do you want me to get my flying monkeys??!!!!"
I did write a letter of complaint to their coporate office. H's dr. is great, but the support staff S-U-C-K-S!!!! It ends up making the patients loose confidence in their dr if they come to find out that staff is not communicating their concerns/questions to the drs. Makes people ask, does my dr give a darn about my health? Does he/she not know HOW to treat my condition? Also it shouldn't take weeks, multiple calls & stopping by TWICE just to get syringes for the insulin you've already be prescribed. DUH!!!
Most classic was she asked what size syringe he needed!!! Really? She had his medical records in front of her!!! He just started taking insulin a few months ago...& it's all been the flex-pen type! ARGH!!!
Did walk for just about an hour & 20 mins. today. We had to kill time between when I called & allowing the pharmacy to fill the prescription. I may have overdone it on the eats, stress. H2O was good. Not too bad of a day all things concerned.

LindaWW: Congrats on the good day AND the smaller size needed! WOO HOOO!!!!

kelijpa: I know what you mean about bundling up! Sometimes that cold air just bites right through all clothing. BBBRRrrrr!!! Good job on moving on down that rail trail!!!

newleaf123: Good luck with the pants! I can't wait for spring. I want to go hiking....I find it to be the most interesting way to get exercise!

Moondance: Sorry to hear about the Crohn's disease. But when I hear fatigue I go right to iron & or vitamin deficiency...not sure which might be the case for you. Crohn's is actually one medical condition I know basically nothing about. Can you maybe ask your pharmacist or dr? I always have my hubby check with his dr if he has a question that I can't easily find an answer for. Don't ever be afraid to ask questions of these professionals, that is what they are there for. Good luck.

suzy: I give you permission! GO! As for the sore muscles: be sure to stretch, warm up those muscles. Take a warm shower, we have one of the massaging ones on a wand. LOVE IT! Got it for H's sore legs, but it has really helped my sciatica & neck "knot". Also use an antiinflamitory like ibuprophen/aspirin. These things should help. Also be sure to give you muscles times of rest...this helps the release & rebuild. Hope they are better soon!!

Well, time for a shower, journaling, maybe a little reading, brush the Agatha Noel & bed.

HAVE A GREAT WEDNESDAY! MAY IT CARRY YOU THROUGH THE REST OF THE WEEK! BE THE BEST 40-SOMETHING YOU CAN BE!!! YOU'RE WORTH IT!!!!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:58 AM   #232  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Wednesday!

Calories were good and got time in on the elliptical yesterday. Pretty pleased with myself. Wish I weren't sooo tired. My BFF invited me to go to dinner with her while her kids were playing in the Pep Band. I declined, as I knew I couldn't control myself calorie-wise and wasn't prepared mentally for the challenge. I was better off at home cooking what I had planned. I hate passing up restaurants...someone else who shops, cooks, serves, and cleans up!

MrsTryingAgain: So sorry for the fight you had to engage in to get your H what he needs. I too have run across great doctors but crappy support staff. Unfortunately you deal with the staff more than the doc. I have a follow-up appt. with my Crohns Doc at the end of the month. I'm just looking for other people's experiences. Crohns is described as "uncontrolled inflammation" and can occur anywhere from the mouth to the anus. What are you reading right now? I'm currently reading a bio on Robert Redford. It's okay...

LindaWW: Congrats on the consecutive days. It sure does feel good! You may need the jeans now, but how great did it feel to have to return them for a smaller size??

newleaf123: I need to check-out our IKEA here. Went through the furniture floor once but didn't have time for the housewares floor. I need to go back. Your tea time sounds lovely! Ooo...size 12 pants! That's great!!

kelijpa: Rail Trail? Is that an old railroad track bed? Sounds like you did it at a nice, brisk pace. WTG!!

Have a great, on-plan day!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:12 AM   #233  

S/C/G: 153/140/120

Height: 5.4

Well yesterday I was just a bit sore and decided to power threw it, I managed 3 miles felt good most of the day, I decided to do another 3 when I got home.....big mistake. As the evening progressed my calves became tighter and tighter. My husband thought it was funny I could hardly walk to the bathroom, I didn't find it funny at all. Good morning to super sore muscles and that flight of stairs we have is like lighting them on fire. O.k I have to rest them no choice now. I wanted to workout again today because I have to work a couple of long days Thurs. and Fri. and probably won't have time....three days off...too long.

Mrs. tryingagain...If you didn't live in california I would think are husbands have the same doctors office. Sorry for all your trouble and stress they put you threw.

Linda....kind of a nice surprise to find out your smaller then you thought, too bad you have to wait.

Have a good day ladies, all try not to feel too quilty.
suzyslimdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #234  

This week has been a little bit of a learning curve for me. Here's what I learned:

1. Fiber One's new chocolate cereal has only 88 calories per serving.

2. Fiber One's new chocolate cereal is delicious.

3. 88 calories is not much, and all that fiber makes it a good, filling snack.

4. It's a really bad idea to have 6 servings of Fiber One Chocolate cereal in one day.

Until further notice, I'm afraid I may be making all future posts from the bathroom. No more OD'ing on high fiber cereal for me!
LindaWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #235  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Linda~watch out for sugar free chocolates as well...thanks for the warning...trying not to smile...been there, done something similar...

Moondance~yes the rail trails are old railroad beds that have been converted to walking trails, here's a link you can enter your zipcode and see if there are any in your area http://www.traillink.com/

SuzySlimDown~make sure you do some calf stretches before and after, I usually try and stand on a step or something and just let my heel hang over for a count of 10 or so and do that about 3 times, gentle stretches, I try to keep stretching because I worry about my achilles tendons, sometimes I just get a burning there and would hate for something to happen!

MrsTA~sorry you have to deal with stuff like that, that stinks, enjoy the shower and working out that grapefruit!

Newleaf~I'm going to have a cup of tea also, with some honey, have the slightest sore throat, fighting it with everything I have, good healing energy flowing through my body...

Had to do a snow walk today, after it all melted we got 3 more inches today, just happy it's not more.

best to all
Old 01-16-2013, 09:42 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hey everybody.....
Hypnosis yesterday was such a bust. Winds up it was some guy who rented space in of all places.... a bowling alley. There were so many people there and we were crammed into this little room like sardines. Im a bit claustrophobic and a germaphobe, so needless to say I was not feeling relaxed...people were asking stupid questions....It still surprises me of how clueless some people are about weight loss....the actualy hypnosis was supposed to make us skeeve food so we were supposed to imagine maggots and bugs and worms in food....needless at break time me and my friend looked at eachother and ran the heck out of there. We laughed a lot about it but I was really disappointed...was hoping it would have helped. I had no clue it was going to be a full class like that..I thought we were going to be in a doctor like office. Today was an "I just don't care" day. Ate what I wanted and I have to say I honestly loathe myself. Ive tried everything. Well almost everything. Tomorrow is a stressful day, more court stuff re: divorce. No wonder I eat like I do......I saw an article in readers digest that gives a four day weight loss jump start. Shakes that you make yourself and snacks..i'm tempted.....I also can't wait to get my period. I am so bloody miserable and bloated....my whole body aches.....

Oh, an interesting thing the hypnotist said to do....shot glass full of purple grape juice before meals...it has leptin and that should make you feel full..well that's a new one on me!!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:50 PM   #237  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Oh Zumba...another good story!...but a sadder version of the one I imagined when you mentioned hypnotist. Too bad it worked out that way. Going to a hypnotist with a friend sounded like a fun idea. Never know till you try! (Hope the groupon was inexpensive!) Wow, what a racket that guy is running! No, you're not crazy, grapes have no leptins...pectins & lectins yes...but not leptin. He sounds like one of those kinds of "businesspeople" who make me sick--those who prey on the poor, sick or unfortunate. When my MIL was in the throes of Alzheimers, lots of such shady liars came out of the woodwork. Her mailbox was always full of advertising flyers and "bargains" aimed at confused old-timers. You don't really think about the "You Could Be a Winner!" advertising approach until you see the effect that it has on people like my MIL. Those guys know what they're doing, and they should be drubbed out of "business". Whoa...sorry for the side track....bad memories...

Anyway Chile, give yourself a break! You're right in the middle of a divorce and, of course, it's upsetting. It's ok to focus on not gaining for a while. Not gaining would actually be a major victory. When I saw the knife set called "the ex", I immediately thought it might be something you'd enjoy.

Linda--gives me an idea...F1 Choc cereal + blackstrap molasses. I used to make a yummy oatmeal/BS molasses cookie when my kids were "slow". I secretly referred to them as "Colon Blow" cookies.

Life without Dr. Atkins is not as bad as I feared, even after I made the horrible mistake of ingesting 200carbs worth of black-eyed peas on day1 post Atkins. Felt really gross for a few hours, but the scale this morning was doing it's predictable bounce down...whew! Don't worry, Zumba, I haven't completely thrown him over...I'll be making I-need-a-skinny booty calls in the future, I'm sure. (what a horrible thing to say...I'm sure he was a refined and cultured man!)

I spent a few hours in a funk last night after poring over my excel spreadsheet. A mix of PMS hormones and cold, hard facts. I have a summer "deadline" and it's motivating me like I've never been motivated before. But I don't see how I can lose enough to make me happy by then. I also have mountains of stressful challenges facing me at work this year. For the past few months, I have had the rare luxury of focusing on my weight loss obsession. Will I be able to keep focus under the pressure of deadlines, workplace politics, stress, and busy boys? I think my mood last night was actually internal conflict. I know I am not exercising enough. I slowly began to realize that there is time for toning and muscle building to have an effect. War on two fronts!

Last edited by SeeMyFeet; 01-16-2013 at 11:16 PM.
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:07 AM   #238  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Zumba~ We saw a hypnotist at an amusement park, some of the people "went under" some didn't, she had like 10 people come up and i think by the end 3 or 4 seemed to be affected. I don't think seeing maggots in your food is effective imagery, you still have to eat...if it really worked that could really screw you up

SeeMyFeet~even though you feel in a funk about it, it's good that you're looking ahead, you can make a plan to try and keep your weight loss efforts in the front of your brain.

best to all

Last edited by kelijpa; 01-17-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:13 AM   #239  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

SeeMyFeet I have a poem for you

"Hello! Do you know me? If you don't, you should.
I am ONE POUND OF FAT, and I am the happiest pound of FAT that you would ever want to meet!

Want to know why? It's because no one ever wants to lose me! After all, I am only ONE POUND OF FAT. Just ONE POUND. Everyone wants to lose 3 or 5 or 15 pounds, but never ONLY one.

So, I just stick around and happily keep you. Then I am free to add to myself, ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice...

That is, until I have grown to 10, 20 or even 30 pounds in weight...

YES... it is fun being ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT... left to do just as I please.

So, when you weigh in, go ahead... just keep on saying, "Oh I only lost one pound." (As if that is so terrible.) For you see, if you do this, you will encourage others to hang around me because they will think that I am not worth losing.

And I LOVE being around you... your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips, and every other part of you. HAPPY DAYS! After all, I am ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT!!!"

I love that poem when I am feeling down over how much weight I have to lose.

((Hugs))
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:33 AM   #240  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Morning ladies

My bloat is leaving, thanks to my strict eating plan. I am following Southbeach and it seems to be working.

I have been reading lately about diet supplements, and stumbled upon Green Coffee Extract and Raspberry Ketones. Has anyone tried them? Or does anyone have an opinion?
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote