Old 01-17-2013, 07:53 AM   #241  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Morning ladies

My bloat is leaving, thanks to my strict eating plan. I am following Southbeach and it seems to be working.

I have been reading lately about diet supplements, and stumbled upon Green Coffee Extract and Raspberry Ketones. Has anyone tried them? Or does anyone have an opinion?
My friend swears she lost weight from rasp. Ketones. I bought them but haven't been taking them regularly. I also bought garcinia cambogia and will start that when I, eating well otherwise why bother.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:59 AM   #242  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Zumba I think I will try the supplement. What I read, it is not harmful etc.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:19 AM   #243  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

Default I'm new here

Hi! I just started this site yesterday, and I think it is great! I got on a scale 1/7 for the first time in over 8 months and was appalled to see almost 204 pounds (but not really surprised considering my eating habits of the last year!) Anyway, I decided that day to change my lifestyle and drop the excess pounds. I'm 46, and I have started counting calories on My Fitness Pal with a goal of 1200-1500 a day. So far, so good, I am down to about 198 pounds. I need to make some mini goals, but haven't yet. I'm hoping the support on here will help me stay focused!
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:21 AM   #244  

S/C/G: 153/140/120

Height: 5.4

Hi Jennifer and welcome, I have only been here a short time also. The ladies are very nice and supportive. It's also just a great place for modivation and good laugh, which we all need.
suzyslimdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:22 AM   #245  

S/C/G: 156/157/142

Height: 5"4'

Jennifer. Welcome, Welcome! I am pretty new here too. Just want to encourage you to have some mini goals that are exercise related.
junem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #246  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Hello to all the fabulous women in this forum! I have been reading everyone's daily progress but just have not had a chance to post.
My weight loss is at a standstill. I have been bouncing up and down between the same 3 pounds and it is driving me crazy. My food has really been pretty good. I have not had any crazy days for the past couple of weeks but it is still not moving down and staying there. Exercise has been so so but am starting to get stricter with myself on it.
I am trying to stay in the game until the end of the month before I switch things up. It has been rough and so discouraging seeing the scale not move down when I know I have been in a calorie deficit but I really don't know what else to try besides calorie counting. I do know that I probably need to work on keeping my carbs lower but I enjoy fruit. If I do not see a loss by the end of Jan then I will have to research other options.
Day 44 of no smoking. Still using my ecigs and really loving it. I feel like it helps me to keep from mindless snacking at night which is a nice benefit.

Happy Thursday all!!!

Last edited by NEMom; 01-17-2013 at 11:30 AM.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:52 PM   #247  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

HELP!
No time for personals...we're having a birthday celebration in the office today and I need immediate intervention!

#1: Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting with chocolate sprinkles. I LOVE chocolate, but I don't want the cake. I WILL be pressured to eat it.

#2: They're having "Toaster Oven Thursday". Frozen snack stuff (pizza rolls and such) available. While I don't feel tempted to eat them (I never have liked them), the smell is KILLING me. I'm beginning to get hungry but don't want to eat lunch for another hour or so...I don't have enough food to last me the afternoon.

Please send me some Will Power Dust!!!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:56 PM   #248  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Here ya go, Moon

Old 01-17-2013, 03:08 PM   #249  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

Jennifer! Hope you find all the encouragement & support you need to reach your goals right here!!! Good luck!!! You can do this!!!

Moondance: I know what you mean! Someone brought cupcakes to work day before yesterday for a co-workers bd. UGH! I was GLAD I had the day off! But there was like 4 left over yesterday...I looked at them, shook my head & had a cup of hot spicy chia tea! YUM!! If you can take your healty goodies with you...I take a mix of sweet (raisins/apple slices), salty (soy nuts), crunchy (carrots/celery) as a weapon against temptation. I know if I have an alternative, I should be able to say, "No thanks."

NEMom: Lady, you rock! I am so proud of you for quitting smoking. Give yourself time for weight loss, you are asking a lot for you body to do. You can do this. Remember it took time for you to put the weight on, it'll take time for it to come off. But it WILL COME OFF!!

SUM: Thanks for the poem! Believe me I am oh so thankful for ANY pound lost. Just so long as I don't find it again! This is something ALL OF US LADIES need to remember the weight went on ONE POUND at a time...it'll probably come off the same way. Patience, persistance wins the race!!!

A FREEBIE FOR YOU ALL! TAKE ALL YOU LIKE! USE IT LIBERALLY! THE MORE YOU USE IT, THE MORE YOU GET! BE SURE AND SHARE IT WITH OTHERS!! :d ust::dus t:

Psst...why are you guys all covered with dust? Did the maid take the week off?
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:35 PM   #250  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

I love all that will power dust!.,!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #251  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Nice job resisting the cupcakes Mrs.T

Zumba I bought a bottle of the herbs. It has 90 capsules. I'll give it a whirl. If it works great; you'll be first to know. Starting weight is 159.2. If it doesn't then I wasted $20

NEMom great job on your e ciggy's. Do you have nicotine in them?

to all of our new 40 somethings!

Last edited by Sum38; 01-17-2013 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #252  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Sum~thanks for the poem, it's great, you have to lose that one first, then another one, good luck with the supplement, DH takes that mega green tea sometimes, I think it might just be a bunch of caffeine, but it helps him, so be it

NEMom~congrats on getting away from smoking, that's fantastic, when I was stalled we watched this movie, Fat Sick and Nearly dead, it's about a guy who got himself healthy by juicing, we juice sometimes, but the main thing that helped was trying to get more veggies in, the nutrients are in the veggies, not just the juice. I found if took a carrot and a piece of celery and threw it in the ninja for a couple pulses, it was a lot easier to eat in a salad.

Make sure you're getting enough water and eating enough so you're not putting yourself in starvation/storage mode. Stick with it, you'll get there.

:Welcome3: Jennifer and June, some mini goals you might consider, I would just aim for the next 5 or 0 down, for instance when I was 198 my goal was 195, when I got there my goal was 190, now I'm dying to see a 6 instead of a 7...

This is my first week of 5:2, 2 non consecutive days eating lighter, almost a fast, you're supposed to eat only 500 cals, but I don't really count calories so I don't know if I was at 500, I just had my breakfast smoothie and juiced the rest of the day, I just try to eat as many veggies or plant based food as I can and stay away from processed foods, it's been working so far, and forcing myself to drink 60 oz. of water even if it's at 8 pm and I know it's going to wake me up during the night...

best to all

Last edited by kelijpa; 01-17-2013 at 07:06 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:14 PM   #253  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Ok, I am going to use some of that Mrs.T's I had two glasses of wine and now I have the munchies -- I will sprinkle some on me and hopefully it will keep me away from the fridge
Old 01-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #254  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

About the pounds and the food...

Pounds. I totally agree, one at a time. Love each number on the way down. Feeling cranky about the number doesn't solve anything. Not only do I look at one pound at a time, I actually look at each 0.1 pound... Just need to lose the next tenth, and the next, etc. it's a long haul...

Food. What is it with office food? People bring in this junk because they don't want it at home. But really, who wants it at the office, either?? I have been out of the workforce for awhile. I guess I do remember the single guys chowing it all down. Having all this crap available all the time seems to go against all the corporate wellness initiatives. We've gotten all of the cakes and candies out of the schools, the same should be done at work! Ugh, rant over.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:18 PM   #255  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Heidi I send in all junk with my hubby! You are so right. I don't want the food here hence out it goes with DH