Old 01-17-2013, 10:08 PM   #271  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Oh no, Sum...I DO want to lose that one pound of fat, and his ugly brothers and sisters too...like cockroaches, leeches, lice and bedbugs, I want 'em all off my body. And happy to see 'em go! Every last one!

Why do we call this weight "loss"? Like we've misplaced the pounds? And miss them...feel compelled to go looking for them...will be distressed until we find them again? From now on, it's weight TOSSED! "Looks like you tossed some weight there, buddy!"

ok...so I'm back to my original plan for squeezing in exercise at work. Or a new tweak of it, anyway. Every hour on the hour, up and down 3 flights of stairs. Plus, squeezing in another round every chance I get. I'll make myself find time for this 2 min exercise. I reached way back to high school physics and calculated one trip up and down the stairs for me would be 6 whole Calories! Well, round up to 10 'cause the human body is not 100% efficient (plus 60 steps to get to the stairs). So basically, one shrimp can fuel my stair trip. Started around 2:30 and made 9 trips. 90 calories. Worked off a fig newton. But good for my heart and strength for my legs. Next, hula hoop for balance and core. Then weights for arms. I'm going to count all my trips and repetitions and add another page to my excel workbook! Yay! Another thing to obsess over!

That's motivating 2FC, but I don't want to think about bad health...too close to home....Instead, I'm motivated in a similar way by an event next summer, and I'm thinking exactly what you just "said"...I don't want that date to arrive and realize I could have done more in the past. Shallower image, I know, but it works for me right now.

Olehat, I know how you feel...work stress is what got me to this stage...I'm worried about how I will manage that this year...But our health, our strength, even our vanity (!) is more important! Let's strive to put our health above work!

oooooo I feel bad for those with food issues at work. I can thank the roaches in our building for helping me out with that one! We don't leave food sitting around and I wouldn't touch it if anyone did!

Hey...you guys are posting on top of me! Newleaf "onward and downward" haha 'Down doobie-doo Down Down'
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:46 PM   #272  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Thought this article might be of interest:

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog...ego-depletion/

(oops, sorry 'bout the cartoon...hope it doesn't offend!)

Last edited by SeeMyFeet; 01-17-2013 at 11:47 PM.
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:10 AM   #273  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all, down .2, I was so hoping for 16x.x, DH reminded me that since thanksgiving I'm down 4 and he's up 2, that helped, I definitely want to celebrate every loss, even staying the same, so I'm feeling better (except for the silly cough-trying to stop saying stupid...)

One thing that keeps me on track Thursday nights is weigh-in on Friday, just occurred to me that I could use that any night as I weigh myself every morning as a kind of way to start the morning thinking about, as they call it at work, weight management.

best to all

oh I forgot, love that, onward and downward!

Last edited by kelijpa; 01-18-2013 at 06:11 AM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:32 AM   #274  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

kelijpa Woohoo...a drop is a drop!
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:37 AM   #275  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Day 1 on Green Coffee Extract and Raspberry Ketones behind, and scale rewarded me with a 2 pound loss -- Was it because of the supplements or was it just because....hmmm

I did not notice any side effects. I was quite perky all day, but not jittery or jumpy.

I will report back tomorrow

Weight 157.2
Old 01-18-2013, 09:20 AM   #276  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

I removed my last post - I was trying to get the 'no regrets' thought across and may have inadvertently offended with the big C reference. Sadly, I am no stranger to it either.

SMF:
I park as far away as I can in parking lots, too. Every bit counts!
Read the article - makes sense. I plan food the day before and log it so I know what I am eating without having to think about it in the moment. But I love love love making lists, charts, graphs etc...you understand. Sadly, I even made a database in Access (from scratch) to track it all.
I have records/measurements from as far back as 1994 when I joined the Army. I pilfered through med records and it turns out I had 28% bf. Less than 6 months later when I graduated Basic and AIT, I weighed one pound less and had 22%. I lost over 4 inches off my hips but added 10 lbs of muscle! If only I appreciated it then. Oddly enough, I have the exact same hip measurements as I did when I joined at 23yrs...just slightly higher body fat % now. Not too bad considering it's been 19 years! Where did the time go????? My youngest daughter turned 22 this past Tuesday. Yikes!

SUM
Always wondered why the health food store was touting those raspberry ketones.

Newleaf / Sum Boy do I understand about being away from your spouse! Being in the Army and married to one in it, either I was gone or my husband was - field problems & deployments. I think 4 weeks was the longest we ever went with absolutely zero contact. No phones, mail, nothing. It was hard but it was just our life. It didn't seem out of the ordinary at the time. I knew the house would be an utter disaster when I got home and he knew the minute he left, I packed his clothes into boxes and took over the entire closet! The truly hard part was when he got out and was home all the time! That first year was the rough. *shudders*

Hope everyone is happy and healthy and WARM! It's a toasty 1 outside (feels like -10).
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:19 AM   #277  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

Argh, I'm at a collegiate scholarship contest with my daughter today (*fingers crossed*), and there is food everywhere! This morning they have breakfast sandwiches and pastry--no fruit in sight. Luckily I ate a hard-boiled egg on our way here! I'm not going to cave! I'm not going to cave! ;-)
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:40 AM   #278  

S/C/G: 153/140/120

Height: 5.4

Good morning ladies It seems your off to a good positive day.
Kelijpa.....better then a gain
Sum38.....haven't heard of the suppliment, may be worth a try
2FatCats....you mention planning your food for the next day, that's a great idea. I find it easy to follow my calories on days I have to work long days and take everything in my lunch box. You know exactly what and how much your going to eat. Great idea for everyday.

I managed to walk 3 miles yesterday before work my calve muscles were still a bit sore, but it felt better to get moving. Got home at 7:30 and ate a couple chocolate chip cookies, and then I found my husbands spreadable smoky cheese I only had about 2 Tablespoons. I did great all day , until I got home? oh well back at it today.
Have a great day ladies
suzyslimdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #279  

Today was my weigh-in day and I didn't lose a bit this week However, in an attempt to make myself feel better (and avoid diving headfirst into the peanut butter jar) I measured my waist, and it was a half inch smaller. I guess that's a consolation, but it's hard not to get disouraged when the scale's not moving at all. I have been so good all week, and last night was the only time I've had wine this week. A friend and I went out for a girls' night visit and split a bottle, so I had 2.5 glasses, but planned for them and didn't go over on my calories for the day.

Tonight is the wine tasting I mentioned last week. It's a wine and food pairing, so I'm not even going to attempt to count that in my food log. But I'm planning to do my regular hour on the treadmill this afternoon, and will try to be mindful of what I eat tonight. And of course, get right back on track tomorrow.

My husband works away from home from April to October doing seasonal work, then is off the whole winter. It's an adjustment when he's gone for 6 months, but just as big an adjustment having home for 6 months! By the end of summer I'm always ready to have him home, but by the end of winter I'm ready to send him back to work!
LindaWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #280  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

Had a good healthy day yesterday. Walked in the park, ate healthy, drank plent of H2O. I don't know if I'll have any movement (downward) on the scale, but I feel good. That is what matters!!!!
Yesterday I did some research. My town & county offers a lot of great places to walk/hike. I was showing the to hubby & we are going to try some of those out of the next few months as the weather warms some & the trails dry out. It's been years since I hiked some of them, it'll be great to try it again! Who knows, if we feel healthy enough/strong enough we may even hike a mountain! Just have to see how things go when he gets his pacemaker & what the drs. okay.
I hope that all the I spread around helped yesterday. Did it??

suzyslim: Don't let a small slip totally derail you. So you slip, so what! Get back on the track & move forward. You can do this!!!

jennifer: Sorry there is nothing healthy around. That bites! Why do people who sponsor things such as this not put out healthy foods? Even a simple fruit/veggie plate? If they make it themselves...it's super cheap!!! Do they not know that obesity is an issue in our society today and THEY AREN'T HELPING!!! UGH!!! That's why when we have anything at work or with friends I always volunteer a fruit & or veggie platter! People like it, people eat it...usually one of the first things gone! DUH!
What helps me & H is I always take along some healthy snacks if we are going to be gone for more than just a couple of hours. Some granola bars, a couple of bananas/apples, yogurt...for his diabetes & my weight loss.

2fats: Really? Sure obesity/overweight-ness isn't as "seious" as cancer, but it can severely & adversely effect ones health! I know my hubby probabaly wouldn't have an issue with HBP & diabetes if he wasn't like 45 lbs overweight. Obesity hurts our heart, muscles, bones, joints...our whole life in general. But I get it, I guess.

Gotta run...need to pick up one of the meds that H forgot to have refilled. UGH! Since he noticed it this AM, I made him look through all of his meds. Double/triple check that he isn't low on any others! I swear, I'm kinda glad we didn't have kids...I have enough taking care of just him. Oh, well...in sickness & in health, right? But it didn't say in insanity anywheres!!!

to you all!
Have a great Friday! May it set you up for a healthy weekend! YOU ARE SOOOOO WORTH IT!!!

Note: Found a large stash of willpower dust! Kinda like that guy in Australia finding that huge nugget! If ya want some holler!!!

Last edited by MrsTryingAgain; 01-18-2013 at 04:56 PM.
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:00 PM   #281  

I'm back from the college interview and luckily lunch had much healthier choices than breakfast! I had mixed green salad, green beans, chicken and berries for dessert. (I actually skipped the potatoes, cheese tortellini and chocolate mousse, which took great willpower!!). I just have to keep telling myself that being healthier and thinner are my priorities!! Thanks for the support
Old 01-18-2013, 08:09 PM   #282  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Jennifer... I use this motto (eventhough it was originated out of eating disorder ) "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels."

Good job for resisting the temptations! BTW how did you DD do?
Old 01-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #283  
Fat to Fab and Fit

It is 8 pm, the witching hour. Yet another night I am fighting against food cravings and temptations.

Giving myself
and to all who may need it tonight; here is some for you
Old 01-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #284  

Sum38--that's a great motto regardless of its origin! I'll be using that one! And I think DD did well, but we won't know for a couple of months. She's our first, so this college stuff is a bit overwhelming! But her graduation in May gives me a huge goal to be thinner by!! I hope you resist temptation. Late evenings are the worst for me--I need a hobby!

Last edited by Jennifer1966; 01-18-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:30 PM   #285  
Fat to Fab and Fit

My DD just graduated last year. She had 3.9 GPA and 31 ACT score and received a full academic scholarship.... Those scholarships are great! What does your DD want to study?