Old 03-17-2011, 11:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Default 40 sometihng SPRING AHEAD! Easter challenge!

Okay, time for another challenge! For those that don't celebrate Easter I apologize, but please join us anyway.....Let's set goals for ourselves and go into Spring feeling and looking fine!! Come here and share tips, what you ate, your workouts....ANYTHING you want to talk about!!!!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:59 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

I loved the St. Patty's day challenge and I think this is just what I need to keep me on track and accountable. My starting weight is 199 and I hope to be 10lbs lighter by March 18th. This month, I'm going to spend more time exercising and then I can see where I went wrong previously.

Thanks Zumbachica for starting this new challenge.
TheMeIwant2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:29 PM   #3  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

ZUMBA! you read my mind!

I'm in!!!

Starting today at 243- aiming for 8 lbs down to 235
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:08 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Ooooh - a new challenge! Thanks, Zumbachica! I'm in!!!

I don't want to aim for more than 1 lb a week down - which isn't really very challenging - but it works for me!

So aiming for a 5 lb loss by 18th April (my weigh in day is Monday - keeps me on the straight and narrow over the weekend).
Clytemnestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:56 AM   #5  

Cool BEANS everybody!!! (or should I say COOL JELLY BEANS)......now that the days are longer and a bit warmer I feel like I have a second wind. This winter stunk both emotionally and physically for me. Lack of sun, personal junk...it all took its toll...I managed not to gain weight but I didn't lose any either.....
My Zumba career is taking on a whole new direction an d I feel like I really need to walk the walk and look my best in order to motivate my students....more motivation right there.
My goals for this challenge are to drink more water, eat more veggies and add some different types of workouts to my week...hopefully something more resistance training...or something as simple as some push up and planks at night while watching t.v......If we really want to we can find ways to add more movement to our days...I for one spend way too much time on the computer....
OK chicks, lets do this!
Old 03-18-2011, 01:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/125

Height: 5'6"

THANK YOU Zumba ...

I'm in... Not Sure what I weigh Now (Post workout) or what my goal should be. I'll weigh tomorrow morning and post then.
Izzadawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:17 PM   #7  
not planning - doing!

S/C/G: 175/171/135

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumbachica View Post
Okay, time for another challenge! For those that don't celebrate Easter I apologize, but please join us anyway.....Let's set goals for ourselves and go into Spring feeling and looking fine!! Come here and share tips, what you ate, your workouts....ANYTHING you want to talk about!!!!
New to the boards and dieting but up for the challenge! I will plan losing 5 lbs... that will give me 1 lb a week and it will put me at my 1st goal ....so I'm in!

YEAH
KimZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 01:17 PM   #8  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

I'm in! No idea what my weight is today and not getting on the scale until next Friday. Finally getting over this cold but I' still not up to running or spin. Haven't worked out in a week and a half. Going to do some elliptical today and just had a great grilled chicken salad for lunch. I'll set my goal on Friday. So far I'm failing miserably at these challenges though!

Good to see everyone.
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:11 PM   #9  

Natamars,

Don't worry Chica, we're going to get it straight. You just focus on feeling better....maybe this challenge will be the one that we ace!
Old 03-20-2011, 09:16 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Chickadees! I am in for this one too. Shooting for ONEderland on this one. Starting at 206lbs and wanna see 199lbs by April 24th.

Good luck ladies!!!
Bamagurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:17 PM   #11  
Bingo

hi ladies - what's shaking today?
Old 03-20-2011, 03:40 PM   #12  

Kind of a stressful weekend. DH is away at his mum's (she had a stroke recently) and has been calling to tell me how worried he is about her; DD (student) called in tears as flatmate has fallen out with her and not speaking to her; and DS (12) took it upon himself to change the password on his computer - and then forgot what he had changed it to! Managed to get that last one sorted out, at least!

Aaargh! Too stressed to eat - but there are better ways to lose weight!
Old 03-20-2011, 07:05 PM   #13  

Hello ladies...just a little Sunday update...

Clytemnestra: So sorry to hear about your MIL. How bad was her stroke? I unfortunately know all too well about strokes, my dad died from one. I hope she has a good recovery.

Bama..you are GOING to get into onederland!!!!!

I have been feeling abnormally tired the past three days...not just tired...exhausted. Not sure what is going on but I'm getting a bit concerned...this is totally not like me. Hoping I feel better soon because I have a really busy week coming up.

Last night I ate pizza at a friends house...just one slice...but it totally threw off my low carb eating efforts....

I feel bloated and gross and I'm so disgusted. Maybe I needed to hit rock bottom like this in order to get back on my feet.

I spent today pretty depressed about my weight. DH made beef wellington....nothing like puffed pastry to make me feel grosser..oh well, he meant well.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:16 AM   #14  

Hi All

Sorry to hear you're feeling so tired and down Chica - Maybe once you get into your busy week you will get carried along by it. MIL 's stroke was not a very serious one, but comes on top of a lot of other health problems. DH feels bad that we live too far away to offer much support. There is support in place that his sister has arranged (carers going in to do housework, make meals etc).

Anyway - no loss for me this week.
03/14 150
03/21 150
03/28
04/04
04/11
04/18

Keep going - and hope to do better next week! Good luck everyone!
Old 03-21-2011, 07:07 AM   #15  
Bingo

Clyte - so sorry about your family :/
Zumba - I'm sorry you're feeling down in the dumps... can one of these help?
Bama - onederland is calling your name girl!