Old 04-14-2011, 02:18 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/125

Height: 5'6"

Hello All
Well Good for you Zumba So Happy you got you Whoosh!!!!

I too Got one but mine was THE WRONG DIRECTION I'm kicking myself, I celebrated last weekend,.... Felt Horrible on Sunday so did nothing and probably some poor food choices. So I've been going flat out this week trying to re lose.

Natamars: I hope yesterdays slip was not you coming down with your sons flu!!!

Themeiwanttobe: Histamines can cause you to retain fluid... and 3 lbs of fluid is possible. stick with it... and the Whoosh !!! will happen.
Izzadawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:47 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Okay, I think we need to cut ourselves a break when it comes to celebrating...part of celebrating is enjoying food. My son's bday is this Sunday and I plan on having cake..the end.
One thing I notice about skinny people is that they eat at a party or on a holiday...they have the cake..they have the "bad stuff"...but then they STOP...the next day they go back to eating like skinny people while people like me keep the party going for a week! Or we feel guilty for celebrating. It's NUTS! You'll get it off Izza....just a minor setback.

Themeiwantobe: Meds are notorious for making us gain bloat. Don't throw in the towel now....

I went to KFC today after class because I was starving and had an order of string beans..that's it. I'm proud of myself because I love fried chicken and mashed potatoes. maybe I finally have control again...but for how long noone knows.

One of the nail techs at the salon I go to lost a ton of weight....she told me she's taking diet pills....what are your thoughts on that ?
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:49 PM   #78  

Natamar..you had half a cup of ice cream, not a gallon.....everything else wasn't necessarily "BAD"....feel better....
Old 04-15-2011, 08:44 AM   #79  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Up .8 this week. Considering I had some days off plan and that I'm PMSing(due Monday), not too bad. I hadn't looked at the calendar - now I know where the dragging and carb cravings are coming from.

Zumba, I can't imagine ever doing diet pills. I don't even drink coffee during the week because a little caffeine makes me too edgy at work - I'm really sensitive to that kind of stuff. 4 lbs. is awesome - you make me think about trying tit again. I have in general been trying to cut carbs and I know it helps. Happy birthday to your son! Have a great time. I agree on the cake, my issue is not stopping at one piece. I made the cake for my son's birthday in March and ended up having 3 pieces over 3 days, with ice cream. So for my birthday last week we went to a cupcake place, I had one cupcake and that was done.

Izza, you'll be back in the right direction any day - no worries.

Me, could def. be medication. You're doing all the right things. Hoping for a big whoosh for you this week!!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:51 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 161/161/130

Height: 5.2

Hi All..I am new to this! Just weight in at 161 lbs...AGGHH! 30LBS is my goal...I ahve started and stopped dieting soo many times, but, I am determined to change my body this time. I am hoping this group can offer some support to stop the cycle of past failures. I will be weighting in every week (Thursdays) and post my results here for everyone to see...Thanks (in advance) for the sisterhood and the support!
kateydid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:36 PM   #81  

WELCOME KATEYDID! this is our third challenge and hopefully we'll keep it going.....having a deadline sometimes put enough fire under our feet to make things happen..and if it doesn't happen we just go on to the next deadline. It's fun because there is a lot of support here. The gals on this forum are great.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:19 PM   #82  
Hopeful Member

Made it through my reunion! Only about 20% of the class showed up and they said it was the best turnout ever - pretty sad. Didn't eatr much as we were talking so much and I was too nervous to really eat in the morning, so it kind of balances out Friday where I over-ate.

Back to the gym tomorrow - only made it there once last week between being sick and obligations. Need to get back to 5X/week, feel so much better that way!

katey, welcome! This is a small group, but we're great! Good luck with your goal.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:38 AM   #83  

Really took a look at what ate last week it it wasn't a case of how much it was what..... I was doing those easy carbs that my body loves to attach to my hips.

A long with the fact I missed 2 workouts, (perhaps a bit of a Give up).

With a morning of Grocery shopping for Protien rich food and fresh veg, I'm hopeing to be back on track this week.

on a brighter note, I have notice my clothes are looser.

Our last week ladies I'll be happy if I can get back to my original goal of 185.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:25 PM   #84  

Hey, where is everybody? Well I'm back from Florida...I ate, I ate and then when I was done I ate some more!!! One night I ate so much I really thought my stomach was going to explode!! Not sayiing I'm proud of it but that's just how I roll when I'm on vacation, which doesn't happen very often. The good news is I am so sick of food at this point I'm really looking forward to eating well again!!! LOL...even my son said he doesn't want to look at food for a while.....
So this being said and done this Sunday ends our challenge. I hope everyone comes back to weigh in,,,good or bad. You know even if you made a slight change or learned somethiing in this challenge it wasn't in vain. Time to set up a new one....Memorial Day or first day of Summer? hmmmmm.....?
Old 04-24-2011, 07:33 AM   #85  

Happy Easter Chicks !!!

Weighed in this morning 183 Which is less than my original 185 goal but just shy of my April 9th revised goal of 180.

Thanks you all for your support I'm sure I would not have lost 11 lbs in this Challenge.

Happy Easter !!!!!!
Old 04-25-2011, 08:41 AM   #86  

I weighed in yesterday at 140...which means I lost a total of one lbs this challenge which technically isn't a loss to me...good thing about this challenge: I realized that the only thing that works for me is carb reduction. I tried something else and it didn't work. (17 day diet). Second thing I realized: as much as I love Zumba it isn't going to give me the results that I need. I have decided to quit some of my Zumba jobs and devote that time to working out for me. It means a loss in income but at this point I'd rather have muscles than money.
So atleast I have learned something.

Thanks to all of those that hung in for this challenge. Let's start something else...READY??????>>>>>>>>>>
Old 04-25-2011, 12:42 PM   #87  
Hopeful Member

Well, I'm not sure what happened yesterday but I weighed in yesterday at 139.8. So I gained 4+ lbs in the last week? Will assume some of it is water, as I ate Chinese food Friday night and then leftovers Saturday. I'll weigh in again in a day or two and hope to be down at least 2.

Anyway, I really screwed up in the last week or so, but what's done is done. I've decided that the cheat meals/off days are not working for me at this point. They're just causing me to spiral. I used to be able to handle it better, but I'm weak lately.

Zumba, sounds like we both learned something this challenge! Flat belly did not work for me because I didn't like the food so I cheated. The calorie-counting does work for me because at the very least I maintain when I am writing everything down. I do MUCH better when I eat little to nothing at night, but I need to save at least 200 calories for a pre-gym snack. Great that you will be taking more time for yourself to figure this whole thing out.

Izza, CONGRATS on the 11 lbs. - that is AWESOME!!

Zumba, are we looking at Memorial Day now? My goal is NO cheat meals/days off plan until that weekend. I already told DH that I do not want any food associated with Mother's Day. I'm going to turn down all dinner invites(like I get so many, but still) for the next month. Will keep going with the gym and some outdoor walking/jogging.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:41 PM   #88  

Natamars...I figured memorial day was not enough time and to make it a summer challenge......this gives us around 8 weeks to reach goal..do you think memorial day challenge would have been better???

Chinese food is notorious for causing bloat..I can gain five lbs in one night if I have chinese food, no exaggeration..and it doens't matter what I order either....so that is probably what sent you over the edge.