Old 04-08-2011, 07:52 AM   #61  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Down 1.2 for the week - really happy with that! There will be several meals off plan the next 4 days, so thinking of doing the belly fat cure 4-day thing next week to try to flush some of it out. Anyone every try it?

Have a great weekend!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:52 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Never heard of Belly Fat Cure....Still trying to get 17 day diet thing off the ground..didn't do too badly yesterday until I got into some bread that my husband made in the bread maker....I am extremely bloated..PMS time plus sodium overload. Went shopping yesterday and couldnt' try anythiing on...knew it would depress me even more...
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:59 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/125

Height: 5'6"

Sorry Ladies "Belly Fat Cure" won't Work for me LOL....

I need the "All Over Fat Cure"!!!! Too Funny !!!

I am 1 Pound Away from my Easter Challenge Goal... and I still have 2 weeks 2 Go!!!! Yehhh ... I feel bloated so have been surprized at the number on the Scale ... I'll Take it !!!
Izzadawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:25 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/125

Height: 5'6"

Yiiipppppeeee !!!! Challenge Achived !!!! Amended goal is no 180.
Izzadawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 01:35 PM   #65  

cONGRATULATIONS IZZA!! Way to GOOOOOO
Old 04-09-2011, 01:40 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/118

Ok my easter challenge will simply be to find a place to hide the easter candy from myself!!!!

Feeling pretty good today - PJ's no longer stay up where they were tied in Feb - so i must be making progress right???

I feel thinner and stronger... so i guess i'll take that as a yes!

No one laugh - I have been doing the Firm workouts and recently added a Jillian Michaels workout (that first couple times through i didn't make it through - but can now - still winds the crud out of me but... that's a good thing right) and i just bought the Zumba "ditch the workout join the party thing" i need something that is uber fun just to get me moving in the evening.. so i'm hoping that if i add a 2nd workout - even if it's not as strenuous as a serious workout - that it makes more incremental progress..

sound like a plan??

Any more good low calorie recipes out there? Annie's chicken chili is awesome!!!

C.
SILLYCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 01:44 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/118

Zumbachica - i'm so sorry to hear about your loss of your dad. I am approaching the 6 year anniversary of my dad's passing and every social occasion and when i struggle with work or anything - he was always my constant advisor and i miss him terribly still. Sadly it doesn't hurt any less - but the heavy grief does happen less frequently - hang in there and be good to yourself - allow yourself time to cry - but look for the signs that he is watching over you - I get them from time to time but you have to be open to them.

((hugs))

C.
SILLYCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:04 PM   #68  
Hopeful Member

So yesterday in the city was great. Went to the Harry Potter exhibit, had my Ethiopian food and cupcakes, and then spent a few hours in Central Park. Gorgeous day - we ended up wlaking almost 5 miles in total, so I didn't worry about anything I ate or the fact that I missed the gym. Started feeling a tickle in my throat, though, and as the day went on it was getting worse. Kept hoping it was just dry, but by the time we got home I knew I was getting sick AGAIN!!!!! How do I eat so well and take my vitamins and keep getting sick??? So anyway we got home a little before 8 and I was in bed by 10. About 11:30 I hear my son screaming and crying - he has vomited all over his bed. For the rest of the night he was up about once an hour vomiting. DH and I took turns changing sheets, pajamas, etc(why can kids never make it to the toilet, or even the bucket next to their beds?). Then at about 8 after I'd finally fallen asleep I was awakened by cat fur going up my nose - my cat was sticking his butt right in my face. EEUUWWW!!!

So now I'm eating salty stuff that's soothing, will not go near the scale for several days and I'm not working out today. My son is crying on and off but hasn't vomited since about 6:30 this morning, so hopefully he'll be OK for school tomorrow. DH went out to do all the food shopping and keeps sending me back to the couch to rest whenever I try to help with anything.

silly, sounds like you're making great progress. Is that your kitty in the picture? He looks like mine(the good one, not the one who stuck his butt in my face!!).

izza, can't believe you reached goal 2 weeks early!!! you rock!!!

The diet is actually the flat belly diet. Going to start it Tuesday if I feel better. My friend canceled dinner plans for tomorrow which is just as well as I'll probably work from home if I work at all.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:08 PM   #69  

Wow, I didn't even know about the harry potter exhib. My boys would lOVE THAT! Nat I hope your son is better.
Back on the atkins bandwagon....day one..so far so good. I know that i won't be anywhere near goal this challenge but it's been a really rought time...important thing is that I'm starting over. I still have the will to try.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:08 PM   #70  

Sillycat, thank you for your kind words...I'm trying to look for signs...immediately after his passing there were many , but lately nothing.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:21 PM   #71  
Hopeful Member

Started flat belly today- doing it through Friday. Then I have my 25th HS reunion Saturday(ugh) then debating what plan I will follow. May use some of the flat be;lly along w/ counting calories.

Zumba, the exhibit was really fun, especially if you are into the movies. I loved seeing the costumes, my son was more into some of the large props. How is Atkins going? Are you doing the really low carb intro(think it's under 20/day)?
Old 04-13-2011, 09:36 PM   #72  

Hi NAT! YES, I am being strict with the atkins and the scale is finally moving DOWN and its only been a few days......I'm leaving for vacation on Monday and I am going to try to stay to my low carb eating although I'll be less "strict". Right now I need to do this and get the weight off quickly so I'll feel better about myself. I really have been miserable.
Curious about this belly fat diet. Good luck on it! You can do it!!
Old 04-14-2011, 09:21 AM   #73  

Finally had the whoosh that I needed.....down over 4 lbs since I started Atkins..this is the jumpstart that I so desperately needed. Hope I don't screw it up next week when I'm in florida. Where is Bama? Where is everybody?
Old 04-14-2011, 09:24 AM   #74  
Hopeful Member

Totally screwed up the diet last night. I was having stomach pain - thinking maybe it wasthe pineapple I ate? And I was DRAGGING - got home and just wanted to lie on the couch. So I ended up eating a granola bar, a peanut butter sandwich, some juice, dark chocolate, and half a cup of ice cream. Ugh! I already know I'm going to be up this week.

It's a new day.

Zumba, that's awesome you can do Atkins and that you're seeing a change - always nice before a vacation!
Old 04-14-2011, 01:41 PM   #75  

Height: 5'7"

I have avoided posting here because I have avoided weighing myself. I know that I've been sticking to my program and I've been monitoring my caloric intake, so I know this isn't possible but according to the scale this morning, I've GAINED 3 pounds . I've been sticking to my 1400 calories but I've been feeling sick this week from horrible allergies. I think my body is reacting to the allergies and allergy drugs more than the caloric intake. I know I couldn't have gained 3 pounds so I'll just wait and weigh myself again next week. If I haven't lost I'll be so disappointed. I can't imagine having to eat 700 calories a day less that what it takes to maintain my current weight. Something's up. I just have to try not to give up and eat a big ole hunk of cake or some such thing. I even had hubby buy 7 organic apples and 2 pears to last me through the week so I won't eat higher calories treats. I think this week is a throw-away. Whateves.
TheMeIwant2be is offline   Reply With Quote