Old 04-01-2011, 07:28 AM   #46  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Thursday: 1215 calories. Exercise: 30 min. elliptical, 7044 steps total

I'm down 1.4 for the week. Back in this 135-137 bounce range. Need to really fight hard this week since I have a ton of stuff going on next Friday-Monday.

I'm really proud of myself because I stopped eating at 4 yesterday. I went straight from work to a parent teacher conference(where I learned my son is brilliant but becoming a real know-it-all), ran home, ran back out to the gym(it's after 8 by this point), and then came home. I felt hungry, but didn't want to eat so close to bedtime(usually 10 for me).

Tonight I must resist the pizza. I'm going to keep weighing in every day - sometimes the thought of stepping on the scale in the morning helps.

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:20 AM   #47  
Hopeful Member

Approx 1600 calories yesterday. No exercise.

SO annoyed today. DH didn't get home from work until 10 last night, and had to go in again today. So instead of getting to spin class and getting the grocery shopping done, I'm home w/ DS cleaning the house and supervising him while he works on his chameleon diorama. I'll get an outdoor jog in later and he'll have to take DS to swimming tomorrow morning so I can get to spin and go shopping. I was also trying to get in a pedicure and running shoe-shopping...not looking promising.
Proud that I resisted the pizza last night! I ate some baked sweet potato fries and one garlic knot to satisfy my salt craving. Oatmeal is baking in the oven as we speak, but I'm out of stuff for salad, and I don't feel like dragging DS to the store, so I'll have to make do with what's in the house.

It looks beautiful here today, although I think it's still cold. But spring is coming. Keep the faith, everyone.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:59 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 260/197/130

Height: 5'3

My April Goal:

Stay within my calorie budget every day (although I am going to up that for the week I am in Philly!). Exercise 30- 60 mins, 6-7 days/week, and get in 3 weight days. I am hoping this will result in an 8 lb loss (starting at 196). I am hoping THAT will be enough to get me into the pants I recently grew out of !

If I meet my goal, I am buying a new outfit and a new Troll bead.

It is basically what I am doing now... except I have not been consistent with the weights.
risephoenixrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:14 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/125

Height: 5'6"

Good For You natamars for staying on track even when those around you don't!

I had a Good weekend I stayed on task but was feeling really run down yesterday but it was my rest Day so that is exactly what I did REST. I feel better today and Did my scheduled workout along with a half hour Cardio.... I'm hoping to do another little cardio later today.

Alright risephoenixrise looks like you have a great plan!!!
Izzadawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:19 PM   #50  

Height: 5'7"

Alright, I normally post on Thursday because I only weigh in once a week. This week I felt like I looked a little different, a little less puffy so I weighed myself this morning and I'm down 1.5 lbs. I am so happy
TheMeIwant2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:11 PM   #51  
Hopeful Member

Saturday: 1440 calories. No exercise
Sunday: 1180 calories. 1 hr. yoga

Such a screwed-up weekend. DH worked 14 hours Saturday, so no chance of getting to the gym. Did lots of cleaning while my son had friends over. Spin was canceled at the gym Sunday, so ended up in yoga. Not sure I'll have a loss this week, scale keeps hovering around 136. Official weigh-in Friday.

Today is my b'day, so my crazy DH decides to make me b'fast in bed, even though we both work FT and Monday morning is the worst time ever. He decides on this stuffed french toast recipe we both thought looked great when Bobby Flay made it. He made the dough yesterday and then got up at like 4:30 to bake the bread. But the dough didn't rise enough, so he goes to the bakery at 5AM to buy bread to make it. It was FABULOUS!! I only had 1/2 a piece(how much can you eat at that hour?), but he also had gorgeous fresh fruit and he remembered to get decaf flavored coffee and mixed my juices just the way I like them. Really sweet. Plus he got a gc for an all-day spa thing- massage, facial, mani-pedi, the works.

Then I got to work and they had brought in munchkins for me. I ate 4 of them before I moved them away from me. Other than that I'm doing OK though - had nice grilled chicken on a gorgeous salad I made, and I'll have some Greek yogurt later. Trying to make a 7PM sculpting class tonight.

Me, YAY on the 1.5!!!

Izza, great that you listened to your body - sounds like you needed the rest.

rise, awesome goals for April - you will do this!

bama and zumba, where are you?
Old 04-04-2011, 02:25 PM   #52  

Default Happy BirthDAY

Old 04-04-2011, 10:20 PM   #53  

Height: 5'7"

Happy Birthday!!!
TheMeIwant2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:44 AM   #54  
Hopeful Member

Thanks, guys!

Ended the day @ 1285 calories(had to estimate the french toast) and did an hour body sculpt class.

Hoping for a whoosh on the scale Friday!
Old 04-05-2011, 10:29 AM   #55  

Nothing New Diet on track... no temptations !!!! New workout this morning 45 min but not as intense as usual cause I gotta learn all these new moves.

I'll try to do another Short Cardio later for an extra push!!!

I'm with ya on the scale whoosh...natamars..... feeling kind of bloated so I'm optimistic!!!

I did eight Push ups yesterday and I was not on my knees!!! that is a first in my life and I did it at this weight !!! Just think how many I'll be able to do at 130 WOW..here's to small victories
Old 04-05-2011, 04:19 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Happy Birthday Natamars!! LOVE YOU GIRL!! Your bday sounded so nice, your DH was so sweet to go through the trouble of getting that bread and making that for you. For that reason alone you should have enjoyed it.....I have a rule, birthdays are no diet days. Unfortunately I act like very day is my bday!!

Going through a rough time. It was my dad's one year memorial of his death and we had a special mass at church for him...this sent me over the edge emotionally. My father and I were very close and he died a horrible way. It wasn't peaceful at all...he was a good man, a pillar in the community and I feel like he deserved so much better. Also he was my best friend and I feel his loss every day...SO, that being said I went into a five day eating binge..by binge I mean BINGE...anything not nailed down. I am paying the price for that now..muffin top, feel bloated and GROSS....I'm starting to think that I am never going to get to goal.....I know if I give in I'll easily gain 80 - 100 lbs. There is no doubt in my mind that i have the ability to do that....So here I am.

Sounds like many here are doing well..MORE POWER TO YOU CHICKIES!! As for me, I just hang my head in shame.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:59 PM   #57  

Zumbachica, I am so sorry about you Dad I can honestly say I know exactly how you feel... I too lost a very close loved one which threw me into a 3 year, 210lbs self loathing spiral....... My recovery was a simple question I'll ask you.....How would your Dad feel if he saw what you are doing to yourself ???? both by bingeing , and by beating yourself up for it???? I'm sure he loved you and would be sad to see you hurting yourself.

Honor him by treating and loving YOU like he did...

let me give you a big to get you started.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:06 AM   #58  
Hopeful Member

zumba, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. It must have been even worse because his death was not peaceful. It is wonderful that you had so many good years with him and that you keep his memory alive with the way you live your life - I can tell this just from reading your posts.

I totally understand the out of control eating. It's probably why I'm fascinated with shows about the morbidly obese. I know it would be so easy to be in their shoes. I've never been more than 20 lbs. overweight, but I can still see how easy it would be. I love to eat - I do it for comfort, I do it to improve my mood when I'm stressed. It's why I've spent my adult life being a Weight Watcher, a calorie counter, and a gym rat. It's why I keep coming back here. And I may go through days, weeks, or occasionally months of sloppiness with food, but I always have all this in the back of my mind. And I always feel better mentally when I'm on track. I'm terrified of the alternative.

Good to see you back.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:59 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Thank you ladies, your posts made me cry. I know my Dad would not want to see me in so much grief. This is such a big loss to me. I am not close with my mother or anyone else in my family to be honest. Food has always been my way to cope. When I was pregnant I had prepartum depression and after the baby had post partum depression. It was the m ost horrible time of my life. I gained a ton of weight...food became my escape. I was a size 14 which to some isn't big but that weight looked horrible on me because I have small frame. I worked so hard after that to get the weight off and to wind up putting it back on and then some which is where I am headed if I keep this up is going to be such a shame. Plus now I'm older, I can't imagine trying to lose that much weight at this point in my life when my metabolism is null and void.
Grief is such a horrible thiing to experience...and it doesn't end..it just changes as time goes on. It truly has the ability to destroy someone. I'm trying very hard to snap out of it and to get the memories of him suffering out of my head..and I cannot turn to food anymore to null the pain. I get in front of people every day to help them get fit, and they have no clue what is going on in my head..or how much pain I am in.
Thank you for listening. I really dont' discuss this with anyone. I hope to get my act together soon!!!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:26 AM   #60  
Hopeful Member

Wednesday: 1330 calories. 1 hr. body sculpt.

My scale read 134.8 this morning. So now I'm worried about the weekend, bcause I know I'll be eating off plan for a lot of it. I've been trying o get under 135 for weeks now. But I'm so excited about Ethiopian food and birthday cupcakes Saturday - that's such a rare treat. And I'm also going out to dinner tomorrow night(although that's with the women from my gym, so I don't usually eat badly then!) and Monday night.

zumba, I fight with depression too. I was fine while pregnant and after - for some reason when I stopped nursing it hit me hard. Hormonal changes I guess. I've tried diferent things but really don't like being on medication. I do find exercise really helpful. I also have to force myself to be social - so often it takes such an effort for me. This is the lot we've been dealt. In many areas of my life I've been very lucky - everyone has something they struggle with. I think the whole internet/message board/chat thing has been a godsend for many people with anxiety and depression.