Old 03-27-2011, 03:22 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek....had a donut today. In a very "I don't care anymore" kind of mood....looking into the 17 day diet....reading the book and think this is my next diet..hate to say it but I need to follow a structured program, just not getting this on my own.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:27 PM   #32  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

nat - wtg! I always had such a hard time recording everything - glad to see it work for you!

zumba - is it carbs that don't work for you? Meaning, when you eat them you gain, or you just feel better without them?

i'm close to the 230's - so i'm hoping to be there next week. i need to totally be on plan this week - easter's coming soon!
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:19 AM   #33  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Sunday: 1245 calories. 10025 steps. 36 minutes elliptical.

Wearing the pedometer is really helping. When I took my ds to the playground yesterday, I kept walking around the perimeter and climbing the equipment instead of just sitting.

zumba, let me know what you find out about the 17-day diet. I know exactly what you mean. I keep going off and on. The last few days I've been great, motivated, tracking everything, but a few days from now - who knows? I've got my 25th HS reunion in 3 weeks, so that's motivating me at the moment. But I know exactly what you mean about needing something more structured.

dcap, we can do this!!!!27 more days!!!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:31 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/125

Height: 5'6"

Default Well, If you can't have spring them enjoy winter???

Friday and Saturday we got pummelled with nearly a foot of snow so yesterday I enjoyed a 2 hour Snowshoe hike and Loved it !!!! to day was a 45 min cardio class.

Zumbachica You are so close... you can't give up now...just a thought you are teaching classes and now starting weights you will gain a bit at first and you are going to need more calories to do it all are you eating enough calories overall????

natamars you are doing great.... you are almost there "keep it up"!!

dcapulet I'm Sure you will do great this week!!!

I have learned so much by tracking everything I eat, I use Dailyplate on my Iphone so it is super easy. I thought I was eating such healthy food but found out my carbs were to heavy. I also loved to add thing to my food those additions were adding way more calories than I thought they were. Good luck this week ladies!!!
Izzadawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:24 PM   #35  

Hello Easter Bunnies!

Had another weekend of crappy eating...weekends seem to be my downfall and not because I'm out having fun either...I think it is stress....and boredom.

Anyhoo I read the 17 day diet book and have started it today. It is a very healthy plan compared to atkins. The first 17 days are very structured and strict, but I really think if I try hard enough I can do it..I just have to be organized and creative with my dinners...

Natamars it basically is a diet in stages..the first 17 days you eat vegetables, lean protein (fish, turkey or chicken) and eggs. You also eat two probiotics a day, in my case that will be active culture cottage cheese or greek yogurt..also two fruits a day. It is similar to atkins as far as no bread at first..but you aren't eating enormous amounts of cheese, butter and meats.....no sugar allowed either. I don't think I will follow it to the letter this week because of some events I have to attend but will try and stay as close to it as I can. I'm excited because I feel like I have a chance to lose by doing something new. Whatever I was doing wasn't working. I am not going to start lifting weights until next week, I want my body to get used to my new way of eating first. Over training and not getting enough calories just leaves me tired and ravenous.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:09 AM   #36  
Hopeful Member

Monday: 1330 calories. Exercise: 1 hr. body sculpt. 5079 steps.

Zumba, I would like to try that too. All of a sudden I have all these meals out coming up though. I normally eat out once a month, maybe twice, and in the next 3 weeks I now have at least 4 meals out. Also, my birthday is next week. I'm going to reserve a copy of the book at the library and check it out. Lately a meal or two off plan seems to cause me problems - I don't go totally crazy, but it still stalls my weight loss big-time. I don't want to just maintain for this challenge, I want to lose!!!!

izza, your snowshoe hike sounds awesome. I've heard that is great cardio and core exercise!!
Old 03-30-2011, 07:49 AM   #37  
Hopeful Member

Tuesday: 1460 calories. Rest day. 4033 steps.

Yesterday was tough. I started having cravings in the afternoon and really wanted to binge when I got home. Monday night's workout was tough and I was sore, so decided to rest. I thought hard about what would satisfy my cravings without a lot of calories. Turned out to be some crunchy Trader Joe's cereal with soy milk and a glass of wine(245 calories in total). Then I hung out upstairs away from the kitchen for the rest of the night.

My scale is getting very close to 135 now, a plateau number that has plagued me all my adult life. I have no meals out until next Friday the 8th, so I'm going to work very hard to keep my calories as close to 1200 as I can until then.

See you all later!
Old 03-30-2011, 12:45 PM   #38  

I'm doing well this week... eating Clean ...Check... Working out.... Check and feel'n GREAT.... Check..Check
Old 03-30-2011, 03:16 PM   #39  

Natamars try and eat more protein in the morning and lunch so you don't have those late afternoon cravings......Protein at every meal is my new mantra....

I was in Manhattan last n ight and my friends wanted to eat at Chipotle...I managed to have s alad with protein...so I stuck to my diet. Tomorrow night i"m going to a fundraiser and I'm going to try and make good choices. It is hard to stay to a structured plan when you have dinners out, but that doesn't mean we should go hog wild...that's the part of eating out that I never understood, or wanted to understand! lol..I have to say that I already feel a bit "debloated" thanks to no bread, rice or pasta. I don't miss red meat either.....I think that this diet may be what I needed.

Izza..great job.

Dcap: you are so motivated!!! It's contagious!!

Clyte: hope your MIL is doing better.

Let's do this folks!!
Old 03-31-2011, 06:44 AM   #40  

finally got below my plateau...this 17 day diet really works. I feel pretty good also.

tonight is a fundraiser and I know the food is going to be fantabulous so I'm a bit worried. I could probably make good choices until the desserts come out. I don't want to sabotage my efforts.

Where is Bama? I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!
Old 03-31-2011, 09:24 AM   #41  

Default Another one gone

Another pound gone marking a loss of 10% body weight.

Today was also measurement day in the last months I lost 2 in off My Chest, 2 off my waist, and nearly an inch off each thigh.

I often wish I could lose this faster, but I try to remind myself I gained it slow, I'll have lose it slow.

I too have been wondering about Bama??? I hope she is well.

Zumbachica: Good For you!!!! Sometimes you gotta shake things up a bit and it sounds like the 17 day diet is what you needed.

natamars: I agree with zumbachica regarding the protein and your cravings, I also Find a good Multi Vitamin essential to combat my cravings.

Here's to baby steps and small victories !!!
Old 03-31-2011, 09:57 AM   #42  
Hopeful Member

Wednesday: 1525 calories. 40 min elliptical, 8287 steps.

calories are creeping back up again. Interesting that you both mention protein - I've actually been focusing MORE on protein this week. B'fast is egg white/spinach cups w/ veggie sausage, lunch 1/2 cup turkey chili and 1/2 cup rice with a little cheese on top and a salad, snack is a plain greek yogurt w/ some nuts and dried fruit. Often when I eat something savory I crave the sweet afterward, so I've been having a spoon of dried cranberries when that hits. And one of my goals for this challenge has been to take my vitamins and supplements every day, so I should be OK there . Maybe when I'm a 50-something I'll have figured this out!

Bummed I have to miss Zumba class tonight - parent-teacher conference. I'll get in a quick cardio workout afterward. My workouts have not been challenging enough this week because of schedules, need to do better.

Izza, 10% is a HUGE accomplishment - wtg!!! And I would give anything to have lost an inch off my thighs!!!

Zumba, what plateau did you break? I'm sure you'll do great tonight!

See you tomorrow!

Last edited by natamars; 03-31-2011 at 09:58 AM.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:36 PM   #43  

Nat, I've been around 138-140 for a while now..finally I hit an even 137....gives me incentive to keep going. Loving this diet, i feel so much better and it is good to have fruit again. Atkins wasn't cutting it for me this time.

I'm missing Zumba also! I hope I get a workout in tomorrow to make up for it!!!
Old 03-31-2011, 04:05 PM   #44  

Height: 5'7"

Well, I'm pleased with this week, I'm down one more pound. I'm feel like this is defintely do-able.

Zumba, I sympathize; I always get stuck at 195. Everything I've tried in the last 5-10 years, I get down to about 195-189 was the lowest and I get stuck, frustrated and go back to my old habits out of disappointment.

But so far, so good. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed and moving my body
TheMeIwant2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:06 PM   #45  
Hopeful Member

Good for you, Zumba! I put a copy of the 17-day diet on reserve at the library..if it doesn't come in soon I may have to break down and buy it. I really want to be at goal by the summer, and I need something new!