Old 03-21-2011, 09:19 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/125

Height: 5'6"

Hello Ladies
Lets hope this week is filled with positive rewards, by the looks of it we all need to put last week behind us.

As for me I'm just feeling Crooked, tried to work out the phone kept ringing with this problem and that, My husband seems to have turned into an idiot over night and can't seem to do anything for himself.

I've made my goal for this challenge and although it may be seem agressive, I will try.
Izzadawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:03 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Okay Chicks...I feel back in the saddle today.....Kept the carbs on the low...have some of my energy back....getting "refocused".....

A friend of mine today was tellin gme how she is starting the HCG diet...sounds complicated..and the thought of messing with hormones makes me nervous....I think I 'll stick to the low carb thing for now....
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:21 AM   #18  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Good morning chicas. This congestion is still hanging on but I'm in there trying - made it to the gym Saturday and Sunday for 30-45 minutes on the elliptical each day and did an hour of body sculpting last night. Sleep's veen a little better the last few nights. I bought some melatonin in case I start having problems again - has anyone used it?

Food has been OK..better than I was doing before. Have to start tracking more carefully. I made enough spinach egg white cups, rice, beans, and salad to get through the week - working on adding more fruit.

Some non-scale goals for this challenge, as I still haven't weighed in(and now TOM is starting - ugh!):

1) Take vitamins and supplements every day
2) Wear pedometer every day and walk at least 6000 steps, even if I have to just walk around the house at night to get there!

zumba, good to see you!

hi, izza!

clyte, sorry to hear about your mil - sounds very stressful.

bama, I really think you will be in onederland by Easter!!!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 02:45 PM   #19  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

I am in

Weight 151.5 this morning, which is my new low

Goal is to be at 145

Last edited by Sum38; 03-22-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:05 PM   #20  

Hi everybody!!

Dcap the bellydancer emoticon made me smile!!

I've lost some bloat and feel better. I have decided to give myself a break when it comes to the low carb thing. I'm giving myself atleast 20 - 30 net carbs to work with a day instead of trying to stick to fifteen......I think I was being too strict which was setting me up for failure.

I'm also cutting out the late night eating...when I get home from class I"m going to try and have something "light" instead of eating anything that isn't nailed down. That is hard to do because sometimes after a workout I am famished.

Let's hang in there everybody.....We actually had SNOW today..bleh...it didn't stick but enough is enough. I need the warm weather before I'll take my bicycle out.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:14 PM   #21  

Default Oh, My..

I've been doing these Turbo Fire DVD workouts for nearly a month and today was the first day I felt like I knew what I was doing..
Old 03-24-2011, 03:57 AM   #22  

Height: 5' 7"

Well, temptation seems to be flinging itself into my path at every turn. I seem to have some sort of meeting almost every evening this week. At all of these meetings (don't ask me why) cake is served. On Tuesday, it was my turn to make the cake and I did a tray bake that always goes down well. I did not eat a single piece before going to the meeting I did not eat a single piece at the meeting. There were not as many people at the meeting as there should have been, so I ended up taking a lot of it home. No problem, I thought, I will take it to work tomorrow. Next day, DS was sick and I ended up staying home with him. And eating cake. Aaaaarg!

Today is another day!
Clytemnestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:51 AM   #23  

Clyte: I would have eaten the cake also. I bought jelly beans and put them in a candy dish in the living room for my sons since I always do that for Easter....and ate some last night bc I wanted something sweet. I don't even LIKE jelly beans! I think if temptation is there it is easy to cave if we are having a bad day/stressed/bored etc.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:19 AM   #24  

Height: 5'7"

Surprisingly enough, I managed to stay on plan and actually lose weight. I had a horrible week and I ended up getting into a huge argument with my brother. I had been feeling really defeated but I when I weighed in this morning, I was down 3 lbs. Yay me!

Start: 199
3/24: 196
TheMeIwant2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:56 PM   #25  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Zumba - glad to hear it

CLyte - Uh, did someone say CAKE?

Izza - way to stick with it!

TheMe - congrats on the loss

me - just hanging in there- it's been a surprisingly busy week. i need to workout tonight...
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:21 AM   #26  
Hopeful Member

I set an ambitious goal for this challenge. ****, my modest goals haven't worked, so why not? Feling better about things today. Started a new notebook and am tracking my calories, exercise, steps, supplements, and water. 1215 calories yesterday. An hour of Zumba last night. Another important part of my goal for this challenge is setting up all the doctor's appointments I've been putting off - mammo, gyn, etc.

me, 3 lbs. is awesome!!

clyte, hope things are going better. I can't deal with temptation lately either - did better yesterday, but it's been such a struggle lately!

zumba, I think you and I are stuck at the same weight again. I was actually relieved this morning - my scale was even higher the other morning, but TOM is leaving and I'm back to that 137.2 again..I'm also trying to focus on keeping carbs low but not so low that I rebel. Still congested but started my regular routine at the gym last night. Promised DS I'd take him to family swim tonight, which is better than sitting in front of the TV with pizza and wine.

Happy Friday!!!
Old 03-25-2011, 11:49 AM   #27  

Nat: we are dieting sistahs from another motha...LOL....keeping a notebook is a smart move..track it all...I need to start doing that also....sometimes we don't realize how much we ingest until we see it written down....or we forget..."OH yeah, I had those jelly beans yesterday...."...LOL...I also have to make all my appts....get them over with, I am the queen of procrastination lately.

Going to a PTA dinner tonight....hope I can make some good choices..not sure what will be on the menu or if it is a buffet....buffets really set me back some..unlimited food? PILE IT ON HIGH!!!

I'm doing my zumba as usual but plan on staying after class tomorrow and starting to mess around with the weight machines...don't really know where to start but so meone suggested I just start with ONE machine/set of muscles and do that for a while to get comfortable on the "floor" and then add on to it until I have a program established. I know that I need to lift around 12 reps and feel muscle fatigue at the end of the 12. We shall see how it goes.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:48 AM   #28  

Default I've reached My St Patty's Goal

Just a Tad late....

It has been a fabulous week... I've been doing double workouts one in the Early AM and the other a quick cardio late in the afternoon.

I've been great with my diet, Higher Protien is helping my workout performance and how I feel overall.

I also try to cut carbs out after 3 in the afternoon.

Seems to be working ... I've never had a 4 lb week, but i'm still cautiously optomistic SP!!!
Old 03-26-2011, 08:38 AM   #29  
Hopeful Member

Friday: 1485 calories. Steps: 4054. Sad, isn't it? And that's with taking some stair-climbing breaks at work. Went to the Y w/ DS last night and made an effort to move in the pool as much as possible.

Got moving too late for the 8:30 spin class, but will get to the gym after grocery-shopping. DREADING sitting in the freezing cold watching DS's soccer game today!
Old 03-27-2011, 07:41 AM   #30  
Hopeful Member

Saturday: 1395 calories. Steps: about 12000(forgot to wear pedometer until noon). Exercise: 50 minutes treadmille. Ran 5K @ 4.8mph

Feels SOOOO good to be back on plan and writing everything down. Already down a pound.

How is everyone's weekend going?