Old 02-11-2016, 02:07 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone.
Checking in. Fell off the wagon.
Gonna follow my fake it till you make it advice.
See you tomorrow.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 02:12 PM   #107  
There and Back Again

S/C/G: 300/289/213

Height: 5'2"

Okay... So 4 miles Mon, Tues, and today. Yesterday, I did 2 miles. Let's hope that that gain today was temporary. It's weird, but after lifting my arms for that workout several times, they are sore, but feel stronger. They look flabbier because I already have hanging skin, but I think that there is muscle starting to form in there, and I'm not doing traditional strength training. The flab is heavy enough to work my arms when I lift them, I guess. Lol
tootsieroll81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 04:06 PM   #108  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubee View Post
Hi everyone.
Checking in. Fell off the wagon.
Gonna follow my fake it till you make it advice.
See you tomorrow.
Its okay ubee Hope you have a good day
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 04:08 PM   #109  
Porthardygurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootsieroll81 View Post
Okay... So 4 miles Mon, Tues, and today. Yesterday, I did 2 miles. Let's hope that that gain today was temporary. It's weird, but after lifting my arms for that workout several times, they are sore, but feel stronger. They look flabbier because I already have hanging skin, but I think that there is muscle starting to form in there, and I'm not doing traditional strength training. The flab is heavy enough to work my arms when I lift them, I guess. Lol
Oh how i understand your bat wing story. I too have flabby arms..sigh...but your probably right..your building muscles too. The gain is probably water gain due to your muscles holding on to water to repair your muscles.
Old 02-11-2016, 06:18 PM   #110  
Loving Life At Any Size

Height: 6'1

Wink Hello Everyone

I'm new here, but just wanted to drop in and express how glad I am I found this message board. How refreshing to read how incredibly dedicated all of ladies are to yourselves. I'm getting there.

Currently I'm well into the 300+ department and have started my journey to not just be smaller, but just be here...in each and every moment. I've learned my weight keeps me hidden and I don't want that anymore. So, here I am. I'm detoxing now, because for me it's the best way to reset my mind and body, then one step at a time until I'm dancing out of my heels somewhere. Lol.

Anyway. Great to read all your posts ladies. Happy lightening!
Doomdadadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 07:03 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Donna I have! Luckily it was just yoga at home so nobody heard me. However about 10 years ago I had to do physical therapy from a car accident I was in and I broke wind on the physical therapist as he lifted my leg in the air! Talk about embarrassing!!! I know the feelings of wanting to eat yourself sick and hide under the covers. These hormonal changes want me to do nothing but that!! Glad the fence is being fixed and you're one step closer to having all of your renovations done!

Fi I SO hate when our posts go poof!! Your short post was very lovely too ...We all love you here too and are glad to have you as part of our family

Betsy LOL...I can deal with the SBD ones...But these things sound like a fog horn going off! I think it's a mix between my fiber supplement I take and I've had cabbage as my part of my salad for lunch this week so they're just slappin out of here LOL...I'm still on the hunt for something in the sweet/salty category that isn't bad. Maybe it's non existent? Can't I just drink a cup of sugar and call it a day?!?! ...Seriously I wish I was one of those people who didn't have to worry about wanting sweets and bread.

Tootsie It's more than likely the salt in the food. It's really hard to know just how much salt they are putting in the food and all the unwanted butter that sneaks in there that you really don't know about. They use butter for EVERYTHING!! DH was a chef a long time ago so I have heard all of the crap they throw in food to make it "flavorful" lol...and yes you do need to take measurements but I'm not going to hound you about it...You already know ..Pictures speak 1000 words too <3

Cindy Thank you! It's fading but it actually is looking better than before if that's even possible LOL...It's starting to look like I put magenta streaks throughout my hair so I'm going to live with it. Glad to hear the scale is moving down and for DH. My DH is being stubborn about wanting to exercise and he's not eating right anymore except for when we have dinner. I want to get on him about it but it's not going to do any good. He'll do it when he's ready I just don't want it to be too late. Heart attacks run young in his family and I don't want to lose him. We've had this conversation before but it doesn't seem to do much as of late.

Port Doing better today just having tummy issues lol...But I'm here hangin on as much as possible. Glad you're having a good day! Maybe on days when your muscles are too sore to swim but you want to do something try doing some yoga or something to help stretch the muscles out...I haven't done it in awhile but it feels soooo good

Ubee (((HUGS))) Always here.

DoomWELCOME!!!! We're always happy to have someone new join our little nest ...Hope you'll stay awhile and good luck on your journey! ...I have family that live near Richmond!

Today was a good day for the most part. I resisted the sweets at work again. I found this really good looking recipe for a blueberry mug muffin on pinterest last night so I decided to try it. I made it and it was wonderful! I figured hey may as well put the recipe in MFP. Go to do that and I have no idea why I thought this was low in carbs but hello people it had 38g's in it!!! It didn't even have much to it LOL!!! The ingredients were good and healthy but dang those carbs!!! I had a headache so I was going to just relax and get rid of it but I decided to work out instead to hopefully burn through those carbs. I did one of the core videos of Turbo Jam tonight since I'm still having the wind breaking problems lol....Anyway tomorrow is FRIDAY!!!!! So excited for the weekend and I'm off Monday for Presidents Day!!! Take care my lovelies!!!

Last edited by SamIAm86; 02-11-2016 at 07:06 PM.
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:32 AM   #112  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Fi......I am afraid that I am not Ipad savvy but I do know the frustration of losing a whole load of work! I hope that things continue to improve both with you and Bob. In my thoughts xx
Doom...welcome to this wonderful forum. And good luck on your weight loss journey.
Sam...your post really made me laugh! It is frustrating when so called "good for us" food turns out to be a fraud!
Betsy...how is Toby? Does he like getting filthy muddy in the rain?
Tootsie...you are getting some serious miles in! Hope you are doing OK?
Ubee...hang in there lovely...this too shall pass.
Cindy how are things?

Well I went swimming on my own yesterday as I had to come home for the fence fixing chap. I managed 32 lengths in 35 minutes. Not as impressive as you Porthardygurl! But am working on it!
Today, everything aches. Muscles, joints....tired and achy. So I have made the decision to take a day off exercising. I think I have told you that I take a Debating Class at my son's school? Well rather excitingly we had our local Member of Parliament come to talk to the group today. What a nice man.......for a politician!
Youth club tonight when I could really do with an early night!!!
Have a great day chickens!
Donna
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:28 AM   #113  
There and Back Again

S/C/G: 300/289/213

I want to throw the scale out of the window. It says that I gained a half of a pound. Wth? I was under calories yesterday. I did the 3 mile workout today. It's weird because I burned less calories but feel more sweaty. The exercises are a little different in this one. Less arm movements.

Last edited by tootsieroll81; 02-12-2016 at 10:17 AM.
tootsieroll81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 12:13 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Supposed to be raining here, but the sun is out, clouds floating across the sky, and a little breezy -- but basically a nice late winter day. I'll take it!

Tootsie -- Don't know if this helps with getting the chocolate covered strawberries, but I haven't gotten a Valentine gift since 2001 when my mother passed. The weight will come back off and the trainer at the gym is constantly telling me not to count on exercise for losing weight. It will make us healthier. It will help to tone us. But 85% of losing weight is what we eat. And TOM really messes with our bodies. Hang in there!

Cindy -- Great job on the moving scale. Hope that DH is able to get more off. Are you partnering on weight loss efforts? Stay warm -- it looked like the Polar Express was going to be bad.

Porthardygurl -- So glad that scale is moving down. Call the college. Swimming sounds like it's a popular activity for this group.

Diva -- Welcome. Lots of great support with this group and sharing of dieting approaches.

Sam -- Well, so much for the healthy microwave muffin. 38g of carbs isn't too bad. Occasionally we just need to have something that tastes good.

Donna -- You are involved in so many things -- and they're interesting. Your life sounds so much happier since parting with your ex. Great job on the swimming. What does a nice politician sound like -- we're in short supply of those over here. Toby's hair is so thick (he's half poodle) that he gets wet on top, but I just run a towel over him and he's good to go.

Ubee -- We must have been on the same wagon when we fell off. Had mashed potatoes for dinner last night. Nothing else. Just mashed potatoes. But a LOT of them.

Lunch with a girlfriend today, but it's at a seafood place so I'll be able to get a nice piece of fish and watch my calorie intake. Then we're going to stop at this grocery store that she like that is very froo-froo and expensive, but hopefully I can get a leg of lamb to freeze and fix for Easter dinner. Need to remember to get some mint jelly if I do find one.

Having trouble getting more than about 3 days in a row on plan. Then the sugar and salt monsters return. Bummer.

I need to get it in gear and get cleaned up. Hope everyone has a great day.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 02:32 PM   #115  
Porthardygurl

Good Morning All

So yesterday my dh and i tried an experiment. A scale experiment. We both consumed 2 pieces of peperoni yesterday. Each piece had 320mg of sodium in it. We ate this on top of the rest of our regulr meals as a snack. I was up almost a whole pound this morning nd my husband was also up a whole pound- he never gains a pound and is 136 pounds soaking wet. So..proof proof proof the scale does tell te story about your weight but it does not tell you what weight is fat related and what is merely water.

Tootsie- try not to stress..freak out absolutely! But if you were under calories and you did exercise..there is no way no how you ate 3500 calories yesterday..which means no fat gain..water retention yep.. I always gain water retention after exercise...its how the muscles repair themselves.

Well...im laying in bed thinking "do i want to swim today or not???" I think i will even though i dont want to go..i should go..i will feel better about myself if i do. Gah! i will go....stupid cold pool...dumb workout =$"=€=$€@×%÷$
Old 02-12-2016, 03:57 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Donna And it was so good too!!! GAH!!!!! Great job on the laps! Rest those achy muscles girl

Tootsie (((HUGS)))

Betsy You're right...and it was good...I just need to be on the hunt for better things. The salt and sugar monster is after me too!! I'm starting to feel lower tummy pains so I know what that means...ughh!!

Port Awesome experiment! If you are really interested in what part of your weight is actually body fat, you can purchase a body fat percentage scale. They're about $60 on amazon and is the closest way to find out besides paying a lot of money to be weighed in in a pool or something like that. I don't own one yet but I plan on purchasing one for myself.

Posting from work, DH has band practice tonight so I don't know if I'll have time or have the energy to post once I get home tonight. Today has been ok. I ate two cookies that someone brought in an 2 small chocolates. I hate this feeling, but what can I do but push forward. TOM issues are always so hard for me these days. I went years without one so I shouldn't complain, at least I know I'm getting healthy.

My psych doctor gave me her friend's information who is a primary care doctor who is very knowledgeable about PCOS. She thinks if I get on glucofage or some other type of insulin medication that maybe it will help me get the rest of the weight off and help any of my insulin issues. I am pretty sure I am IR but have never been tested, however I do have the dark patchy skin under my arms, between my legs and at my bellybutton. I go see her on 3/17 so hopefully it will be a good visit. I'm nervous but I've been doing a lot of reading since last night about different clinical trials with metformin and how it helps PCOS patients. I also read about the ketogenic diet which up until last night I had no desire to try it but I read a study last night where it actually helped the patients who did the diet all the way through for 6 months. They lost an average of 14% so I thought that was pretty good. I plan to ask her thoughts on it before I decide to go that route but I have been looking up different keto recipes and things on pinterest to get a real knowledge of what kind of foods to eat and things like that. Maybe this combination will help me more to get the rest of this weight off....then maybe try for a babe

Well it's almost time for me to punch the clock. I'm so tired. Won't be working out tonight since DH has practice, but will get something done Saturday & Sunday, then I'm off work Monday, WOO HOO!!!

Stay well ladies
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 05:24 PM   #117  
Porthardygurl

sam Ive been on Metformin and glucophage in the past for IR. I hope it treats you bicer than it did me. I was living on the toilet! The intestinal cramps were killer. Lets hope you dont get a response like that- though very common. I saw an endocrunologist who specialized in womens health and she told me that Glucophage is much easier on the intestines..so i switched from metformin to glucophage and saw an improvement.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:20 PM   #118  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

A couple of y'all have asked for tips on good low-carb snacks. Let me recommend macadamia nuts. They have the lowest carbs of all the nuts. If you eat them slowly, paying attention to your stomach, you'll notice that their fat content slows down their exit from your stomach, so they satisfy your hunger in a lasting way. But they are high in calories, so stop eating them as soon as your snack craving or hunger goes away. They play an important role in my high-fat, moderate-protein, low-carb diet.

Last edited by Fiona W; 02-12-2016 at 08:22 PM.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 05:20 AM   #119  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Posting at 5 AM: Ugh—I have the symptom of depression that is called "early morning awakening." I've had it for weeks & weeks. I wake up every day around 5 AM, despite going to bed between 11 & midnight, and I can't get back to sleep.

Yesterday my depression pain improved markedly compared to the day before, when I was so crippled by it, I cancelled my app't with Mike. That's the first time I've cancelled on him because of depression pain since September. He was so sweet, he called me. He was very concerned, and I found myself having to reassure him. And in reassuring him, I voiced a strong affirmation, more than once: "Don't worry—I'll get out of this." I think that affirmation, which I felt strongly to be true, is helping pull me out of the depression.

Mike once said, when I asked him, "What is the role of belief in Qi Gong?" the following: "Belief is the training wheels for intention."

Isn't that a marvelous analogy?

Here's how it would apply to weight loss: If you believe you are going to succeed in getting to your goal weight, you find yourself possessing the intention, the will, to pull that off. Once you've mounted that belief, you're up on the bicycle. Once you're up on the bicycle, and you realize you've got the knack to ride it without falling, you don't need the belief anymore, because you're moving forward easily on the power of your WILL!

I believed I would pull out of this recent depression, and sure enough, the next day, I felt much better.

I'm serious: try it out!

Last edited by Fiona W; 02-13-2016 at 05:29 AM.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 01:49 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 338/306.8/150

Hi everyone.

Ubee, hang in there. We all fall off the wagon now and then and have the bruises to prove it. Keep trying.

Doom, welcome to our little corner of the weight loss world. Good luck to you.

Tootsie, I have a love/hate relationship with my scale too. I think we all do. You know weight fluctuates daily and doesn't always read the way we think it should, even when we do everything right. Hang in there. It will change.

Betsy, DH and I are partners in just about everything except weight loss. He takes queues from me sometimes about what to eat and eats what I make for dinner, but on his own he fills up on salty, fatty stuff during the day and skips meals. Now that I'm home more I'm trying to curb that behavior but I can't and won't make him do it if he doesn't want to. I hope you enjoyed your lunch with your friend.

Sam, for snacks I usually just have some cut up veggies with hummus or low fat dip or dressing, fruit, nuts, Greek yogurt or popcorn. My cravings tend toward the salty, more often than sweet.

Porthardygurl, I'm glad the scale has been moving down for you again.

Not much going on here. The wind is howling outside today. I'm glad I'm inside. Tonight and tomorrow are supposed to be brutally cold then it's supposed to start warming up again. Monday, I'm finally getting a remote starter installed in my vehicle so it can warm up before I have to go outside.

I hope you all have a good day and weekend.
Cindylh is offline   Reply With Quote