Old 02-18-2016, 03:42 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 338/306.8/150

Height: 5'2"

J-Ann, I am opposed too. I noticed them today. When and why did they start advertising here? I hope it won't continue.

Fi, you aren't seeing them?
Cindylh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 04:34 PM   #167  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

From Ibobi, 3FC Admin. in response to posts on the 3FC Announcements Threads:

"Hi all -- I am sorry for not announcing the new ad placements ahead of time, that was my fault. I was not expecting them to be as obtrusive as this. I am going to ask that they be modified a bit.

Stay tuned!

Paul"
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 06:55 PM   #168  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

No, Cindy, fortunately, I am not seeing the ads. I use an iPad browser called Atomic Web, which has an ad-block feature. It doesn't block all ads on all websites, but gets rid of most of them. I don't see any of the Jenny Craig ads.

I just now went to 3FC using Safari, the standard Apple browser for the iPad, and saw what the ads are like. They're horrible! The fact that they are in motion is annoying to the max, and the way they appear inside of postings is very intrusive.

I encourage all of you to look for a browser that blocks ads. There are quite a few of them, on all different devices.

I am appalled that 3 Fat Chicks is doing this.

j-ann— I apologize for misreading your posting and thinking that you were proposing the ads!

Last edited by Fiona W; 02-18-2016 at 07:01 PM.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 07:11 PM   #169  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

No problem Fiona. I knew we were both in agreement and figured we all misunderstand posts once in a while.
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 07:43 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Port People can be so rude in restaurants when you ask for something custom. Instead of them looking at you like hey this person really watches what they eat they look at it as a pain. I guess I can see where they are coming from but if it's an issue then they should write no substitutions on the menu. As far as the extra calories go I wouldn't worry too much about it. Sometimes an increase in calories one day and back down the next will help me with losing. The sodium may have you go up though because of the water weight but you already know that. Hope today was a better day

Cindy Usually the advantage for me is I get out of work at 4 so if I only have one store to go to I'm usually fine but with 2 stores...oh forget it!!! How wonderful about you starting a group up on Facebook!! I think that's great. I belong to a couple of PCOS groups and they are really good with giving advice not only on PCOS but with weight management. The one I am in now the people are kind of rude. I got a snide comment from someone when asking about hair loss which is a big side effect of PCOS so I'm thinking about leaving that one. I did just join a new one today from someone I met on Instagram but haven't been able to check it out much yet.

Donna So glad you had a great time! It sounds like it was a really good show ...HELLO!!!! GO GIRL!!! So proud of you for pushing forward and working out even though things weren't going your way in the beginning...That is what I call determination!!! I hope your fall didn't cause you too much pain, be sure to watch out for it and rest if you need to. (((HUGS)))

To those talking about the ads...I'm on my Mac desktop computer and the only thing I am seeing is a small sidebar ad and one on the very very bottom of the page. I'm pretty sure those have always been there but see nothing else. Maybe it's already been changed?

So had another great day today! I stocked up on some good snacks and things while at the grocery yesterday. I even got myself a 12 pack of cranberry lime seltzer. So far so good. I'm going to need things for salads again next week but figured I'm best to wait until the end of the weekend so everything stays fresh longer. I'm thinking other greek chicken salad or some sort of taco type salad. A company rep came to visit today and bought us lunch. I got the salad I usually get but because we ordered online didn't think of the extra stuff I add like cucumbers and such after I remove the bad stuff from the salad. So I ended up with south west style chicken with lettuce and tomatoes LOL...Luckily I forgot we were getting lunch for free today and took some stuff out of my salad I brought from home and added it to it so it wasn't a complete waste but personally I would have rather have had the one I made looking back on it.

I got home a little later than usual since I had to go to the store and get the few other things I needed that I didn't get last night. It really made me not want to work out but I know I absolutely had to so I did it anyway. DH has a show tomorrow so I don't know whether or not I'll have time to get a workout in before we have to leave so I wanted to make sure I did something tonight just in case. My TOM is sneaking it's way in my life slowly and it's sooo annoying. I started feeling some pain in my right ovary while I was working out. Haven't had that in awhile so I may be in for some bad symptoms soon. I really hope not.

Still feeling a lot better compared to the previous days. Slowly moving in the right direction. I'd like to set myself a goal to lose another 15 pounds by summer if I can. That would be amazing!! Going to try my hardest so wish me luck ladies!

Off to check my chicken breast in the oven...late dinner tonight.
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 08:00 PM   #171  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Hey all..

Well..im struggling today..monday was my swim day..tuesday i take a break..wednesday was supposed to be my swim day but instead my husband had to go for a ct scan so i missed it..thursday is day off and so tommorow is my swim day. I feel a little on the depressed side. I think it has to do with not swimming. I feel better about myself on the days that i swim. Today i just feel bloated and awful..partly TOM..partly excssive water from eating too much salt. I feel like im going through a real hungry phase today. I jus want to eat and eat and eat. Dont know why im so hungry.

ugh!
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 08:43 PM   #172  

Fi, I had no idea that there were browsers that block ads, but I found one, and no more ads.
Old 02-19-2016, 05:02 AM   #173  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Default Happy Friday

Sam...when you say your DH has a show...what does that mean?? Sounds exciting? I hope your tummy is OK? I am over " all that" now ...thank heavens! Do you mind if I ask you a question? I have been morbidly obese most of my life and certainly for the last 15 years. When I lost a lot of weight last time in 2012 I started getting a bit of attention from men. Now don't get me wrong but nobody was throwing themselves at my feet or anything but you know when you feel better about yourself you start perhaps dressing up a bit more and making a bit more of an effort? It seems silly to be worried about handing any extra attention when I get closer to goal but you know how even women start making comments and drawing attention to you? I would SO not be comfortable about this and wondered how you have coped with it? A man in the feed shop the other day was, I think, flirting with me. I had come from walking the dogs in that rain and looked like a bag lady! Goodness I squirmed!
Fi....how did it go with Mike yesterday? How is your pain and depression? Did you try the stairs again at the centre?
Port...I am sorry that you are feeling down. Isn't it extraordinary that something as simple as swimming can make or break a day? I find it really difficult if I have planned something, especially exercise, and my plans are forced to change if the pool is closed or something. Hugs to you my friend.
Cindy...."da iawn" or well done in Welsh for starting a Facebook group. It takes guts to put yourself out there in the public eye.
Betsy...are you OK? Something you said a few days ago has had me really reflecting on the change in my life and my mental state over the last year. It has taken a while but I have discovered that I really like my life. Of course when I get towards my goal life will be easier physically but I am no longer waiting for that to be happy I am embracing the journey. What I didn't tell you when I went to the theatre the other night is that the seats were really narrow and close together. In the past that would have been my only fixation....too fat for the seats.....but I thought " To heck with this...I am going to enjoy the play" I sent a text to my daughter last night saying " I love my life"! I really feel my respiratory consultant is on to something with this diagnosis and treatment plan and feel that at nearly 50 life may begin....finally!

So as you can tell I feel really positive and happy at the moment. I know that there will be tough days.....when I am ill or tired or just plain fed up. I may not get PMT any more but I certainly get some menopausal grumps! But the strains of last year have finally receded and onwards and downwards (weight wise I mean!) I got up early today to take the dogs out and BOY were my knees stiff from the gym and my fall yesterday. I am going to have some cracking bruises! But I still went...which pleases me immensely. I need to do some housework this morning and then I am off to see a friend with her small baby later. She sees me as a surrogate Mum I think which is lovely and I get lots of cwtches( a PROPER Welsh cuddle!) with the baby. Tonight I am off out again...honestly get me! I am off to a classical music concert. Sam is with his Dad or he would have come too....he really enjoys it. The house is strange without him, but I am learning to cherish my space and not eat to pass the time until he comes back.
God Bless you all,
Have a great day,
Donna

Last edited by mountain walker; 02-19-2016 at 11:20 AM.
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 06:43 AM   #174  

S/C/G: 125kg/108kg/90kg

Height: 158cm

Hi everyone,

I feel like I am slowly coming out of some dark days. Yesterday seen me hauled into the office regarding my job; I had done nothing wrong, yet my position is temporary, and the boss wanted to discuss what happens when a job is advertised, etc. To say I was gutted was a massive understatement. I cried allllllll day. It was the worst. To top it off, I also had a couple of non serious yet really annoying side effects of my new cholesterol medication, so I was feeling super rubbish. Tonight, I had a farewell for a lady I work with. She has been a patient mentor and a really good friend, and I am devastated that she is leaving. She has always had my back and has protected me against some of the nastier people we work with, when required. She is just an incredible woman. I feel a bit lost without her. I made it through today without crying, which I feel is an achievement. I just feel so unstable at the moment. Tonight at the farewell, I decided to try a dress I haven't worn in a while with heels that I haven't worn in about 4 years. Without trying to brag, for the first time, I noticed my slight weight loss and thought I didn't look half bad; still plenty of room for improvement though! Just thought I would share. The last couple of weeks have seen me feeling more down than I have felt in a really long time, and I have hated it. I have pretty much kept to my diet, including tonight at the farewell; not one piece of cake or deep fried finger food passed my lips; so I am taking that as a win! I have to weigh in and be measured on Monday as it will be 1 month since I started the challenge. I am super nervous, yet I know I am doing my best, so I will just have to wait and see! I hope everyone has had a positive week!
caldawg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 11:41 AM   #175  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

I'm pleased to report that I'm doing much better today. It doesn't feel like a temporary swing, but a solid improvement in my mood, diet, leg pain, and relationship with Bob. My meeting with Mike was very focused on what I need to do to beat back the arthritis in my right knee and move forward into walking longer distances, not just the 5-6 steps I take in the bathroom. Mike was pretty serious, even rather stern, which might have been very disheartening to me a couple of months ago, but yesterday.... it felt like exactly what I needed.

And then, when we got home, I did something that really perked up my spirits. Bob always backs the car into the carport, so the passenger side will be lined up with the door of the house. Usually, like for many months now, I climb from the car right into my wheelchair, and then he pulls me backward and up over a small step into the house. Yesterday I said, "Let me see how far I can get." And then I walked all the way to the inside of the house! I was especially pleased because I was walking in my shoes, when so far all my practice walking has been barefoot or sockfoot. And there were a couple of spurts during that walk that felt like real walking—picking up my feet, swinging my legs—not the lame painful sort of walking I do in the bathroom.

I took that feat of walking as a good omen for the big increase in Qi Gong exercise and walking practice Mike wants me to do—like maybe 2 hours a day, including a meditation in the middle. I'm nervous about it, because my mind is always going a mile a minute, so I get easily distracted from concentrating on what I'm doing. Mike knows that, and as he senses I'm emotionally strong enough to handle it, he's slowly starting to give me more and more grief about talking & thinking too much and not being sufficiently focused.

I would like to write some personals, but I've been busy-busy-busy with collage-related stuff this morning, so I desperately need some down time before I do that big block of Qi Gong and meditation and practice walking. I hope to get back here to write individually to y'all, later today.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 12:21 PM   #176  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning from a very windy and rainy Northwest. But everything is budding, my kitty willows are out, and some of the daffodils are even blooming already. Come on Spring!

Fi -- Sorry that you're on what sounds like a roller coaster, but if it's any help there have definitely been more good days than bad as of late. Or at least your posts reflect that. Your time with Mike seems to be helping immensely, and our personal victories mean so much to our state of mind. Keep at it. You're going to beat this and hopefully in the not too distant future this will be just a very bad memory.

Cindy -- I think setting up a group of friends on Facebook is a great idea -- especially if they're supportive. That's a huge step and I have to admit that I wouldn't want to share my weight with anyone that I would possibly see. Of course, that's nuts because I would dearly love to meet so many of the people I've met on here.

j-ann -- I'm with you on these ads showing up in posts. I was gone yesterday, but noticed one show up today in someone's post. Definitely not ok with making it look as though that person is endorsing a particular weight loss approach. Hope they get this fixed!

Sam -- I loved your sharing that you'd be a puddle in some circumstances but can stand up for yourself as well. Reminded me of myself when I was your age (many, many moons ago!). Glad you're getting back on track with being on plan. I'm just now realizing after my 40 pound regain last year (only took me a year to grasp this) that I really, truly, totally have to commit to eating healthy for the rest of my life. And it's a lot easier to put it back on (say 20 seconds is all that is required) as opposed to getting it off again. So, chuckle with DH and drink those flavored seltzers!

Porthardygurl -- Yes, restaurant eating whenever you change the menu offerings can be a complete challenge. If they have a burger that I want and won't leave off the bread, I just have them serve it with a bun and take it off myself. Unfortunately, most restaurants aren't interested in serving up foods that are healthy. They're interested in selling more meals and that usually means as much fat, sugar, other stuff as possible.

Donna -- I definitely need to take a page from your book and get myself out and about. The change in your life is tremendous and yet again I wish there weren't an ocean separating us. Please keep posting about what you're doing and pamper those knees. And, yes, I'm ok. I'm thinking about changes in my life that will happen in between 5-10 years and it's made me reflective. Did I mention that I like to plan ahead.

Calda -- I don't know if it helps, but the message I would take away is that they value you and want to make sure you understand the process of applying for others jobs as they come open. However, having gone through 2 company buyouts while I was still working, I know that anything relating to job security is stressful and can be traumatic. Top it with losing your mentor, and I imagine it's been a tough couple of days. On a positive note, dressing up and feeling good about it! Definitely something to focus on.

I spent yesterday up scouting areas nearer to my older nephew to try to determine where I would like to eventually move (that's the 5-10 years from now). I'm slowly narrowing down the options and I would have to sell my house first. That's been part of the reason why I've been doing so much work on the house this last year. I plan on staying here maybe another 2-3 years and then will probably get serious about moving.

I don't know what happened yesterday, but I'm 2.5 pounds lighter this morning. I didn't eat particularly well since I was on the road all day, but maybe it had something to do with the 5 bathroom breaks. Honestly, I can't travel 20 feet without a stop!

Off to the gym. Hope everyone has a great day.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 12:22 PM   #177  

After my post appeared, I noticed that there's a Jenny Craig ad popping up. NOT HAPPY!
Old 02-19-2016, 12:23 PM   #178  

That's interesting. It went away from the first one and appeared in the short one I just posted.
Old 02-19-2016, 12:24 PM   #179  

Sorry for the multiple posts. Evidently these Jenny Craig ads move to the latest post and disappear from earlier ones.
Old 02-19-2016, 02:03 PM   #180  

Hi everyone.

Sam, I'm glad you're feeling better. You definitely sound better. I think I would probably quit a group too where people are rude to me, especially people who are going through the same thing.

Donna, you sound wonderful. Your happiness shows. I hope your knees start to feel better soon. Enjoy the concert.

Porthardygurl, sorry to hear you're struggling. I really hope today is a better day for you.

Caldawg, I know you've been going through a lot lately, but it's good to hear that you are slowly starting to feel better.

Fi, it's so heartening to hear that your mood is improving, and that you are starting to walk more. You have come a long way already from last year and I'm sure Mike is pushing you because he feels you're capable of doing this now,

Betsy, congrats on losing another 2.5 pounds. Isn't it crazy how when we don't expect to lose, we sometimes do, and when we've been so good the scale doesn't budge. I am not sharing my weight in my Facebook group, just what I lose. That number is reserved for you lucky people and DH.

Yesterday I went ahead and set up the Facebook group I mentioned the other day. Honestly, I don't know where I'm going with it yet, and I'm hoping there will be more input from the few friends who have joined and posted so far. I made it a public group, so in case any of you want to check it out it's called Losing Weight Together. I don't think we have to be Facebook friends for anyone to access it, but I wouldn't mind that either.

Today all I want to do is eat and sleep. My cat woke me up before 6 this morning, and then proceeded to walk across my face to get to DH, scratching me in the process. I don't know where she gets her manners. I thought I taught her better than that. I took a little nap earlier and although I'm eating a lot it's all stuff I can eat and it's already tracked for the day, so hopefully I won't gain back the pound I just lost.

I hope you all have a great day!