Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 09:24 AM   #31  

Height: 5'7"

Fresh start with scales in a ugly place!!!
Old 06-25-2012, 11:48 AM   #32  
the muse of memory

Quote:
Had a fun weekend with friends. One day off plan, but one day on!
Hah. Same here. I had a day off plan on Thursday too, though. And am going away next weekend, which will be a challenge. Oh, challenges!

Quote:
Fresh start with scales in a ugly place!!!
I like the idea of a fresh start! The scales have not moved for me lately. I am going to be totally on plan this week, and see where I am at the end of it. Am considering other options since I am motivated right now - at the same time, I'm afraid of doing something so drastic that it will be easy to backslide, because I'd rather stay right here than lose and then gain back.

Rosebud - I hope you are recovering from your gardening adventures this weekend. I cut down (again) these stupid trees I cannot keep from growing in my yard, and started tearing down the vines that wrap around the back fence. Also discovered that I burned out the motor on my lawn mower! >

So now I need to find someone to mow and figure out how to get the mower into my car to take it to the repair shop.

notperfect

Congrats on your first ten pounds! That is very exciting. Welcome!

sharksrevenge - I did the same thing, though my highest was definitely higher than yours. I gained back about 80% of a loss, and have now lost a big part of that again. Though if I could just put together ALL my weight loss without the interval weight gains I would be so skinny by now. We can do it, for sure.

Despite sunscreen I got a bit of a burn yesterday. Not bad but I am very fair so it is noticeable. If it doesn't rain today I am going to finish mulching and maybe work more on the vines. I have a baby watermelon on one of my melon plants, flowers - FINALLY - on my eggplants, and all my cucumbers are flourishing. Am looking forward to getting some fresh veg from the garden soon.

Last edited by mnemosyne; 06-25-2012 at 11:55 AM. Reason: I had more to say.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:31 PM   #33  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Quote:
Had a fun weekend with friends. One day off plan, but one day on!
That's not so bad really; that's halfway! Had many weekends like that myself in the past, but I just kept going. Continuing the good days into the week could turn things around for you. I actually try to have one flex day each week, and that's either Friday or one day on the weekend for me anyways.

We did errands in the AM, and gardening stuff in the afternoon for about an hour -- dead-heading, watering, and made hangers for my vines to climb up on. I have vines that I want to keep, with big beautiful green leaves; they look like giant maple leafs and turn a lovely wine color in the fall.

Eating has been going well for me this month; tonight, we had Shepherd's pie on top of green beans (one of my faves becuz they are low calorie & filling). The weather was gorgeous again today; with a cool breeze and a few light sprinkles in between the .

Have a great OP week coming up ladies ...
Old 06-26-2012, 07:11 AM   #34  

Great day of eating right yesterday...now to add today to it!! gotta try and walk outside today.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:43 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Enjoying the beautiful weather we're having before the heat builds back in. While I don't seem to get to the gym anymore, I do get outside and move a lot in the yard. Some of the work is intense. Other work isn't, but at least I'm not sitting all day!
Old 06-26-2012, 10:53 PM   #36  
Hard Working Newbie

S/C/G: 377/251/180

Hi everyone! I'm I'm my first week of Ideal Protein, determined to stop putting my life on hold and take care of myself. I am currently at my highest weight, which is shocking because I didn't really think I could get that high. But I feel so good about where I am now in life and I want to make sure I enjoy it.

So I hope to be around and we can help each other stay committed!

~Jenni
Old 06-27-2012, 07:15 AM   #37  

Welcome, Jenni!!

Another day of writing everything down -- success!
Old 06-27-2012, 08:57 AM   #38  

welcome Jenni and I cant wait to get to know you better!

Today is our last day before the extreme heat comes back. Guess I wont be getting outside much the next few days.

Its amazing how fast my nightly heartburn goes away when eating right.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:35 AM   #39  
the muse of memory

Welcome Jenni! I know exactly how you feel and wish you much success. I've not heard of the ideal protein diet, but hope it works for you.

I have had two good food days, and my order of sugar free snow cone syrup arrived. I bought: almond, coconut cheesecake, strawberry margarita, and root beer. The coconut cheesecake syrup is not, alas, as good as it sounds. I think it was too many things to combine with syrup. It is good! but would be better I think were it just coconut. Since the syrups of a limited shelf-life (like all things with artificial sweeteners), I bought the four-ounce sample sizes, so I can try something else when these run out.

This is also our last day in the nice weather before the heat comes back. I was out last night spreading mulch. Still have not done anything about the grass. I called a couple of folks last evening about mowing (I apparently burned out the motor on my push mower. it will barely start and coughs ugly smoke) but no one has called back. Might have better success calling during the day - business hours - but I hate making personal calls of any kind while working in a cube.

I have a manual mower (you know, the old fashioned sort?) and think I will leave early today to take advantage of the good weather and work in the garden. I might try breaking it out if I don't hear back from someone who wants to mow my grass.

I also took some pictures of my garden and posted them on tumblr for at another friend's request, if anyone wants to take a look.

Here's to another good food day!
Old 06-27-2012, 11:07 AM   #40  
Hard Working Newbie

S/C/G: 377/251/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgramie View Post
welcome Jenni and I cant wait to get to know you better!

Today is our last day before the extreme heat comes back. Guess I wont be getting outside much the next few days.

Its amazing how fast my nightly heartburn goes away when eating right.
I hear you about the heartburn! I am taking a lot of supplements as part of my diet now, and I used to think that vitamins gave me heartburn. Well, now I can acknowledge that this wasn't the case.

~Jenni
Old 06-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #41  
Rosebud

JENNI ~ glad you joined us over here; yes, it's true that sometimes the weight comes on so fast we don't realize where we are.

MNEMOSYNE ~ your flowers and gardens look lovely; I esp like the lilies and petunias. All my lilies are orange, but I'd like to add some of different colors too. Marigolds are always a good hardy choice. I planted veggies in the barrels this year, but maybe next year, they will have some annuals. We'll see if DH wants to build me a raised rectangle salad garden or not. Hmmm, maybe I should get him to build it this year in preparation.

DeGramie ~ I used to get heartburn too; and as soon as I started to lose weight, it went away (maybe after about 30 lbs or so). I had forgotten about that until you mentioned it here; that's another NSV that I can add to my improved health list.

HEATHER ~ good job on writing everything down; I find that really helps me a lot.

Yes, hotter weather is on the way for us too; hope it doesn't get too bad. They are predicting high 80's ... So we will have to get up much earlier if we want to start transplanting those berry bushes when it is cooler. I was leaving it as long as possible to avoid any unexpected late spring frosts. We'll do a couple and see how it goes.

Have a geat OP Thursday everyone ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 06-27-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:44 AM   #42  

Hi all! Had one of those dinners at a friends last night where you don't really know the calorie count of the food. But I was careful not to overeat and will get right back to journalling today!

Supposed to get to 100 here today!
Old 06-28-2012, 07:54 AM   #43  

heat wave here today...107 is what they are saying. YIKES!!! no cooking in this house today.
I will go and water the garden now and then be inside for the day.
be sure and drink lots of water today!!
Old 06-28-2012, 10:18 AM   #44  
the muse of memory

Rosebud - thank you! I just purchased those non-orange daylilies this year. They are a new addition. My favorite greenhouse had a sale on them and I could not resist. My favorite petunia is the deep purple one with a green border at the flower's edges, called Pretty Much Picasso. I also have a raised veggie bed (two actually). Unfortunately, no DH to build it for me, so I bought a fairly inexpensive kit. In the 3' by 3' bed I have nine plants - three eggplants, five tomatoes, and a pepper plant. In the 3x1 I have two pepper plants.

Heather - good job! I was good about food all this week. Am nervous about the weekend, so maybe I will journal. Actually I've been meaning to do that for a while.

I do not envy your weather predictions, 100, 107?! My goodness. I would expire.

It is predicted to be in the high 90s here "for the foreseeable future." Yuck. I did get the garden watered, and broke out the manual mower, which didn't work seven years ago when I first bought it. Well, it actually worked! It was tougher to do than the gas-powered push mower, since it has a smaller footprint, cuts based on your forward-motion effort, and does not cut when you pull it backwards. Still, it was kinda fun, and if I cannot get the old push mower fixed I might get a (new) reel mower instead. There are a couple on the Lowe's website with nearly five-star reviews and some extra tech that makes it easier to mow.

However: I still got the backyard mowed and it was more of a cardio work-out, enough that I felt really good when I finished. I need to do the front (today in the heat!) next. Should've gotten up early and done it before work but I am not wired like that. I'll do it late evening tonight, 8:30 or 9:00. We are so far west in my time zone that it stays light here until 9:30 this close to the summer solstice. Or light-ish, anyway. Enough for me to water/mow. Last night I was out until 10:00 p.m.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:12 PM   #45  
Rosebud

Well, it said it got up to 90 F in the semi-shade and was about 86 F just after dinner, but it is now starting to come down a bit very s-l-o-w-l-y now that the is going down behind some taller buildings across the street from us (a blessing in disguise for us really).

We did plant 2 raspberry and 2 blackberry bushes this AM; went well but I later found out we have to move the blackberry bushes further away or they can spread diseases to each other. Drats; more work! Plus, we forgot one raspberry bush hiding behind the blueberry bushes.

So that will be our chore for tomorrow AM -- very early. We just had re-heated leftovers becuz it was too hot to cook; glad I made extra the last two days. Tomorrow may be a non-cooking day too, but they say we might get some and lower temps.

MNEMOSYN ~ that kit idea sounds good; not sure we have them here, but will look into it. Anything that would be easier for DH would be great! Thanks for the tip!

Hope you all have a fabulous Friday tomorrow; and try to keep any way you can ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 06-28-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Closed Thread