Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 07:38 PM   #256  

Morning to all

Positive thought :

Loving myself heals my life.

I like this one - We all need this ! Love ourselves NOW, not just when we reach goal..................I tend to put "feeling good about me" equal to "being thin". NOT right I know - anyone else feel like that?
Old 05-24-2011, 07:42 PM   #257  

Hey Learn - we're on line together!! I still find it amazing we are a world away - a day/night away, but are sharing really personal thoughts and this journey together! Very Cool!!!!

You obviously are a great cook!!!! How many carbs do you try to stick to?

Sleep well - Wake up happy all you American Girls!!!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:18 PM   #258  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Ladies

My positive for this minute is that I am online here getting support instead of being face down in a bag of chips. It was close - they were in my hands..... then I saw my computer. My daughter is sleeping and I'm by myself for now, so I need to be accountable. How easy it would be to say - hey, it's only day 1, I can start again tomorrow...
NO! It's now or never....
But I still want those chips....
Old 05-24-2011, 08:41 PM   #259  

LAURA - repeat after me:

NO CHIPPIES. CHIPPIES ARE EVIL. NO CHIPPIES.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:38 AM   #260  

Good Wednesday Morning!

Lynn- Are you ready with your plan of attack on sodium. That is one thing I crave the most. Now I use lots of onion powder and pepper.

MrsTee- All we need is love (now I have the Beatles song stuck in my head).
Now I wouldn't say I was a great cook, just love to cook. I always say, "I am at peace in the kitchen". As far as carbs, I try to stay around 30 to 40 net carbs per day.

Laura- You need to destroy those potato chips, they are evil. Just keep reminding yourself why your doing this. I know this coming from someone who just yesterday was bragging about making low carb potato chips. Ain't that the pot calling the kettle black! The difference is I planned my treat and your having a sudden urge that is not on your menu for the day and that could send you spiraling out of control. I don't know about you, but when it came to a bag of Lay's, the bag was my bowl. I wouldn't stop until the bag was gone. Hang in there, stay busy, drink a giant glass of water.

Ags- Hope you rested well from your late shift. How are your legs holding up? Any more Wild Hogs come courting you at work? LOL!!!

M.I.A.'s
Shannon, Ink, Shia, Stella, Carol, CJ, dgramie, Heather, nonabee, Ona, Susan, Diane.
You are always on my mind, hope your doing well!

O.K. POP day here. Not much happening between my late post yesterday and this morning.
I'm getting excited, only 5 more days of school left. Don't know why they don't just end it on friday. My son has a free day friday for good grades, attendence, etc. So all paticipants get to play outside or in the gymnasium.
No school monday (Mem. Day), tuesday there's graduation and then early dismissal and wednesday the end of school parties in each class. I think it's the only time my son likes school. LOL!!!
Vacation count down, only 36 long days till I start breathing that mountain air.
Stella you ready for me? Ags, I hope you can make it! Anyone else want to meet us in the mountains?

Alrighty then! I'm done and ready for an outstanding POP day, how about ya'll?

Learn
Old 05-25-2011, 07:05 AM   #261  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

positive thought; heard that Love asked Friendship 'Why are you here when I am in the world?', to which Friendship happily replied 'To bring smiles where you have left tears'

Positive action; Drinking tons of water and going for a walk this morning.

Learn:
I feel like a raisin getting hydrated in water. for the past two days thats all I have been drinking and going to the bathroom.

Lynn
Old 05-25-2011, 07:46 AM   #262  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Hi gals! Hi Learn ... I want the low-carb potato chip recipe. My sweetie LOVES chips, and if I could steer him in a better direction by making something for him, it would be fabulous! He is slim and muscular, but also diabetic, so it can happen to anyone. People always assume I am the diabetic one because I'm heavy, but I have very stable low blood sugar (thank goodness!)

I personally crave sweets more than the salty stuff (although I like it and could eat a ton). Cutting sugar out totally has been a blessing for me, I haven't eaten any sugar for months. I think sugar is evil for people like myself who are metabolically challenged.

I like to eat a lot of calories and I sometimes do, but if I give in I just eat lots of fat and protein, not carbs. I have found it almost impossible to gain weight by staying low carb. I might not lose weight if I'm overeating calories, but I have discovered I don't gain weight if I steer clear of carbs. (I'm not recommending overeating, just stating a fact for me.)

Mrs. Tee ... your equating "being thin" with "feeling good about myself" is such a common but debilitating and just-plain-wrong feeling. A little story ... I go swimming a lot at our outdoor public pool (even at my heaviest weight) and I used to sit outside on one of the benches and talk to the old men after my workout (you know how old men always sit around on benches). We got to talking about what makes a woman attractive, and one of the old guys explained to me how he looked at women ... "You've got to look at the whole package." Then he went on to talk about how a woman carries herself, dresses, skin, makeup, hair, manner, smile, voice, etc. (we were talking about LOOKS, not INTELLECT here, which is a whole 'nother subject). He did mention weight, but it was just one part of the package. He was very earnest and it occurred to me that focusing on just one aspect of myself was self-defeating. This old guy didn't know it, but he really helped me.

Last edited by CJZee; 05-25-2011 at 07:49 AM.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:13 AM   #263  

O.K. CJ,
Here's the recipe...

The hardest part is finding a certain brand of potatoes. I get mine in Publix, which I'm sure you have some down there, but not sure about in NY.
Here is their website http://sunfreshofflorida.com/

Low Carb Potato Chips

1 Tb. vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
1 potato, sliced thin
1/2 tsp. salt (optional) (I used very little salt, some onion powder & pepper.)

Pour the oil into a plastic bag, add the potato slices and shake to coat. *

Coat a large microwavable dinner plate lightly with oil or cooking spray.
Arrange potato slices in a single layer on the plate. *

Cook in microwave for about 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned. (if not browned they will not be crisp)

Remove from plate and toss with your seasonings of choice. Repeat if necessary without recoating the plate.

*Notes: I have a pump sprayer that I keep olive oil in and just sprayed the potato slices when I layered them on the plate, then just turned them over and lightly sprayed again. Also I used parchment paper on the plate the second time and the chips were easier to remove.

Now remember although these are lower carbs then regular chips I still planned them into my menu for the day. I find if I'm having a craving it's easier to plan it into my day then constantly fight it.
Still haven't found a way to grow low carb corn, I miss my corn!

Let me know what you think.

Learn
Old 05-25-2011, 08:15 AM   #264  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi gals! Learn, you hollered for me and I heard you!

I have been in the process of quitting smoking, and unfortunately one of my favorite places to smoke is right here sitting and chatting with you ladies. So I have had to take a break until I could change my mindset a little bit. I made up my own nicotine wean protocol and I'm a little proud and a little annoyed to say that I am on 1 cig a day for the next 3 more days, then that's it. Saturday is my no more smoking ever day. or or , depends on the hour, really. But I've made progress -- at the beginning it depended on the second! Dang I sure set myself up with a lot of nasty habits to break, but I'm doing it, one thing/step/day at a time! One good thing is that I have been at this about a month and I have continued to lose weight -- I was a little scared the whole thing was going to derail my eating plan. Looks like I'm getting close to being in the clear on that.

You know, quitting smoking I have found to be very similar to changing my eating style. REALLY, REALLY hard at first. But there's just a hump to get over in the beginning, then you can ride that hump down. I'm going to remember that lesson for the rest of my life when I'm faced with a challenge -- JUST GET OVER THAT HUMP, then smooth sailing.

I love you all, hope you are all well, and hope that these demons of mine will quiet down soon so I can get back to posting more. I thought craving pizza was bad. Child's play compared to the lure of the cig, at least for me! But I'm well on my way!
Old 05-25-2011, 12:42 PM   #265  
Divine

Oh here is the best positive for my whole day: Today is my 9th wedding anniversary...
Old 05-25-2011, 12:43 PM   #266  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hey darlings,
Sorry I was not able to get here yesterday........so much going on right now and I will show you why............but please know I am not complaining.....God is so good to us.........no one hurt, the house is still standing, and we got our electriclty back on, only one car damaged and have to remove that tree. A piece of cake when you look at other places and how hard hit they were. I will be back for personals later.

Hugs love and blessings,
still making every moment count,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 05-25-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:51 PM   #267  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations Lynnie! Are you doing anything special today to celebrate?

Well, I caved - big time. Not only did I end up eating the rest of the big bag of chips (about 1/2 a bag), but I finished off the ginger snap cookies, had some chocolate chip cookies, AND ate 2 cheese sandwiches. So yes, I fell off the wagon (on my first day) and manged to eat the horses on the way down!

My positive is this: I am recommitting today. I can do this. I will do this. I WILL WIN.

and yes, Mrs. Tee, chippies ARE evil!
The up-side? There is no longer even one scrap of junk food left in the house - I ate it all last night!
Old 05-25-2011, 01:21 PM   #268  
Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura G View Post
Congratulations Lynnie! Are you doing anything special today to celebrate?

Well, I caved - big time. Not only did I end up eating the rest of the big bag of chips (about 1/2 a bag), but I finished off the ginger snap cookies, had some chocolate chip cookies, AND ate 2 cheese sandwiches. So yes, I fell off the wagon (on my first day) and manged to eat the horses on the way down!

My positive is this: I am recommitting today. I can do this. I will do this. I WILL WIN.

and yes, Mrs. Tee, chippies ARE evil!
The up-side? There is no longer even one scrap of junk food left in the house - I ate it all last night!
I am making dinner and then we are going to watch the sun set over the lake tonight.

Lynn
Old 05-25-2011, 03:18 PM   #269  
Divine

My anniversary lemon pepper roasted chicken
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lynns roasted chicken.jpg (38.2 KB, 7 views)
Old 05-25-2011, 08:05 PM   #270  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hello ladies,

I am back as I promised. It has been a long day and will be a long one tomorrow. Daddy is still outside trying to cut that tree up into pieces that can be moved . It seems like the more he cuts, the more limbs we find. Once cut into smaller chunks, we can carry them to the curb so they it can bel hauled away. Wish our son lived closer, but thanking God for the strength to do what we have to do. The picture does not show just how large it was and all the others. So thankful nothing worse happened, others have been devasted!!! My positive thing about me today....being greatful and thankful and oh soooo blessed!!!!

Mrs. T,
I absolutely adore your positive for the day, I must love myself a little more. And yes, many of us equate us feeling good about our selves and our self worth with being thin............no more chickie...not be........if I never lose another pound, I AM SOMEBOBY.......SOMEBODY DESERVING THE BEST LIFE GOD HAS FOR ME...........I AM A STRONG SOMEBODY........I AM AN INTELLIGENT SOMEBODY...........I AM A KIND SOMEBODY............I AM A POWERFUL SOMEBODY............I AM A CARING SOMEBODY........I AM A LOVING SOMEBODY............I AM SOMEBODY THAT GOD LOVES AND I AM SOMEONE THAT LOVE MY GOD!!!!!!! WOW, I guess that was my other positive for the day!!!! Thanks Mrs. T, for stirring that pot!!!

Laura,
So you fell down, that's okay...........now make sure you just get back up!!!! That is the most important part, remember we all fall down, but we get my up. Another good point you made, there are now no more JUNK FOOD in the house!!!! Good job chickie!!! Trust me, I have been there and done that, yes I Learn, I remember when the bag was my bowl too and still have to be careful about that with Chester Cheeto"s!!!

Blanche,
hiddy ho neighbor!!! Good advice to Laura, and even though you posted a chip recipe, it was a good on, so next time, maybe she will use your recipe and have a healthier version and still get a treat in at the same time.
I am going to try them for sure, I think, especially since I can control the sodium. After not having any in such a long time, I ate a few yesterday and SALTY....and did I say SALTY!!!!
My legs are doing pretty good, still leaking, but still better. Thank you for remembering and asking. Glad you are doing so well, you are kicking but losing chica!!!

Shannon,
I know I miss you terribly, but a sista's got do, what a sista's gotta do. You are doing this for you and your family, getting healthier all the way around, you are concentrating on the whole kit and kaboddle and that is a wonderful thing. So do your thing Missy Pooh, I got your back!!!! I loved the, but I'm doing it, one thing/step/day at a time! Once we grasp that concept, we can do anything!!!! Thanks baby. Love you sooooo much!!!

Lynn,
Good for you, get your walk chick!!! Now Happy Happy Anniversary, hope you have a wonderful one!!! Your dinner sounds grand and then how romantic, watching the sunset.
I am sooo glad your doctor was so happy about your weight lost...good job!

CJ,
thank you for sharing that story with man on the bench, I think I can learn something from that too. You are so right, I have been focusing so much on this one aspect of my life, that it really is self defeating, thank you little darling. My oh wise one of the day!!!! You and Mrs T are on a roll. Smooches

Gotta say this, sometimes people make me feel like I am vapor, that they cannot see or hear me.........but that's changing.........it is their lost not mine. What I say matters if but to only ONE!!!!

Well that is it for now.......gotta go check on daddy to make sure the tree has not swallowed him up. Plus it is getting dark and he needs to come in.

Hugs love and blessings,
mking every moment count,
Aggie
Closed Thread