Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 05:09 AM   #106  

Happy Saturday All!

Shannon- Please feel better soon. We can't have Nurse Shannon down too long!

Lynn- Hope you had a good restful day yesterday and slept well last night.

ilbnej- Thank you for the YAY!

Carol- Now I thought she looked just like me! LOL!!!

Ags- Oh no not your legs again! I sure hope you can rest them today.

Yes, yes, yes, I got to go in the pool yesterday after what seemed like forever.
So today the fun begins. No more just strolling around the property for 30+ minutes, it's crunch time for me. I shall be struttin' through the water and making waves. I got all my new pool toys out and I will be shakin' it baby.

But first before I can go in the pool my son and I must make a Walmart run. After 3 years he has finally grown out of his swim trunks. I asked him weeks ago to try his swim trunks on to see if they still fit, but Nooooo. He has to wait until the last minute. Kids!
Also gonna try to get a visit in to Mom today. We'll see, if not today, tomorrow for sure.

Well gals that's about it for me. Let's get out there and POP this day away!

Learn a.k.a. Water Rat!
Old 04-30-2011, 07:35 AM   #107  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

positive thought: "In helping others, we shall help ourselves,
for whatever good we give out completes the circle
and comes back to us."
Flora Edwards

Positive action: Well I rested yesterday, got a good nights sleep, and feel perky today.

We have a channel on our cable where you can play music or whatever is in the selection. While I rested yesterday I played soundscapes. It was so relaxing and helped me not be so tense while sleeping.

Lynn
Old 04-30-2011, 12:36 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 395/270/175

Height: 5'4

Ags- Feel better!

Learn-Have a great workout today!

Laura G- Congrats on the weight loss!

Morning! I have been swamped at work and home...but I have been completely on point. Easter was a temptation for sure and while I had some cake I kept my caloric intake under control. I just had to pop in to say Hi and let everyone know that I'm still going strong. Now this weekend will be the true test.....VEGAS!! It is my goal to NOT overdue on the food OR drinks. Hopefully if I do overdue I can shake of excess in the clubs Okay...I'm off to finish packing. I'll have plenty pics to share when I get back
Old 04-30-2011, 03:09 PM   #109  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

What's up pookie pies,

Blanche,
get your swim on girlfriend!!!!
Yep, these old legs are acting up again, this time they burn and ache like heck.....but the bright side it, this too shall pass!!!

Lynn,
glad you slept well and perky is a wonderful thing. Have fun today!!

Fun,
shake, shake, shake,.......shake, shake, shake, SHAKE YOUR BOOTIE, SHAKE YOU BOOTIE!!!!! Burn off all those calories momma seta!!!!! Enjoy Vegas, remember what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!!!

My positive thing about me today is...........I went outside in the sun and it felt great, even took a few more pics. So welcome to my house........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Welcome to my home.jpg (31.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Just a better view of my tree.jpg (40.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Hosta Row.jpg (35.0 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by colormerd47; 04-30-2011 at 03:15 PM.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:12 PM   #110  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Next time we will venture into the backyard!!!!!

I will invite you into my little pot garden of herbs and peppers!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful and beautiful day!!

Hugs love and blessings,
remember to make every moment count,
Ags
Old 04-30-2011, 05:13 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 252/225/180

Height: 5'9

I have been engaged in my new life plan for 2 weeks and going strong.

Have successfully gone out with friends 4 times and not wavered from my plan or talked about the change I was making.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:34 PM   #112  

Hi celrae,
Welcome to the POSITIVE thread. Awesome POSITIVES you got going on.
Look forward to getting to know you better.

Learn
Old 04-30-2011, 10:11 PM   #113  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Howdy Celrae,

Glad you are here in our neck of the woods. You are starting out with a bang and the right attitude. You go!!!!

Looking forward to hearing more from you, so you come back now, ya hear!!!!

Hey Blanche, /aka Water Rat,
you did get in the pool, didn't ya???? Is Andrew now ready with new swimming trunks?

I have done really well today, did some good carb watching too, so I feel really good about today!!!

Hugs love and blessings,
Ags
Old 04-30-2011, 10:42 PM   #114  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

One positive thing about me today...

There's an ugly troll on another thread dressed in the guise of a pseudo-expert and I succeeded in completely ignoring it today and set myself free from its ugly words. And I didn't eat over it either!

I have to give credit to my son...he helped me see past the disguise.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:55 AM   #115  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

positive thought: "We all find ourselves in situations that at times seem hopeless.
And, we all have the choice to do nothing or take action."

positive action: Not going to dwell on my weight gain this week. Its probably due to PMS week anyway. Next week will be better.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:24 AM   #116  

Hello Sunday!

Lynn- I am going to be sending you POSITIVE vibes for a Perfectly On Plan week. So glad you were able to relax with soundscapes and hopefully eased some of that tension for a restful nights sleep.

Georgia- Give that boy a hug for helping you see past that disguise.

Ags- Oh yes, Blanche's Number One Son got his new swim trunks first thing in the morning. Actually second thing in the morning, first we had breakfast at Cracker Barrel.
Now as for you my favorite friend, I got your message on fb. Do me a favor and try to rest as much as possible today. Let God handle the situation at hand.
Know that you can call me anytime, O.K.?

celrae- I hope your saturday was awesome. Here's to an awesome sunday too. Hope to hear more from you.

fungirl- VIVA LAS VEGAS BABY! Have a blast!

Well I ended April down 5 pounds for the month, exercised 1165 minutes, which was 165 minutes over my goal and I was POP every day.
I was in Walmart the other day and realized something wonderful. I have trained myself to avoid the center of the grocery section unless necessary, like frozen vegs, cereal for my son, etc... I basically only shop the outside section (dairy, cheeses, meats, produce, etc...). Yay Me!
I am oh so enjoying having my pool open again. Did 45 minutes of walking along with 100 stomach crunches. I would have kept going with the crunches, but I started to get crampy. We'll see how it goes today.

I hope everyone has a great sunday, until later!

Learn
Old 05-01-2011, 10:43 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 252/225/180

Height: 5'9

Smile Thanks

Thanks for the warm welcome--- this made my morning. Told hubby last night that I needed/liked this site, lots of good people.

I get to spend quality time with my mother today and have enough time to keep to my exercise goals.

My big goal right now is to stick with my plan for 6 weeks and then reevaluate it then. I made a counseling appointment for Tue. May 31th (my 6 week mark) to help me with the 2nd stretch.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:22 AM   #118  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Ohla chica's,

Happy Sunday Morning ya,

I am off to a great start, daddy and I have fed both the little munchkins and they are full of energy. Wish they could give us some of their's cause Lord knows we need it. Come on now, they are 10 mths and 2 years and daddy is 64 and I am 59. You get the picture, Lord do they need their mommie home. God give us strength!!! LOL No seriously!!!!! LOL

My legs are coming down a litte, yay me.......I had a great healthy breakfast and will do the same for lunch and dinner. Watching my carbs and trying to keep low. Gonna try to walk today too. Evrything is coming up roses and what isn't.....I give it to God, cause He can handle anything!!! Woot Woot!!!

So what did ya'll think of my Hosta's???? Pretty aren't they and I also thought the newest shot of the Japanese Maple was such a nicer view.

Georgia,
thank God for you son, helping you get passed that troll? Is it for real, a troll on another thread? I don't quite understand, but YAY for you seeing past the disguise!!!! You both get big Woot Woots!!!!! YOu know you rock, not over eating!!!!

Lynn,
good idea, that way you can focus on something else positive, and when you come back to it, you will have it all under control!!!

Blanche,
awwwww Cracker Barrel.....have you tried the grilled cat fish yet???? I'm telling you, it is awesome and healthy!!!!
You are back to your old self and back in your routine, now get your swim on chica!!!!
You know, great minds think alike, I have been only shopping the perimeder of the grocery store as well. Only the fresh stuff and doing pretty good of keeping the processed stuff at bay. We rock mommie!!!!!
Big time congrats on being down another FIVE pounds!!! Girl you are bustin loose!!!! And that's a good thing.

Heather,
miss you......wanted to tell you I joined Sparkle People too....the info is great!!!!

celrae,
I am happy I was apart of making your day!!!!! I love making others happy!!!! Enjoy your time with your mom, it will make for such special memories!!!! Then get you exercise on girlie, but here is the deal, you must do an extra five minutes for me just in case I don't get mine done!! LOL LOL No worries, running behind my grandkids, I am sure I will burn some calories today. Burn baby burn!!!! Six weeks is right around the corner and before you know it, you will working on the next six!!!!!

Well gotta fly, kids are all over, I need a corrale!!! LOL LOL

hugs love and blessings,
Ags
Old 05-01-2011, 12:10 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 353/290/180

Height: 5'11"

So listing out positives, the things that make me smile this morning, the team I am cheering for in NHL playoffs WON a game last night, it was stressful double overtime but I am happy about that. I was all suited up in team t-shirt, jersey and talking at the TV (my friend that I was with was pretty quiet I probably would have SCREAMED at the TV if she had been louder... tee-hee).

My legs were SORE last night, thats a positive because it means I pushed myself harder friday (at least thats what I'm believing) even though I just worked out by myself, no video, no class. )

Positive Action: Going to CLEAN my living room and do my dishes today. Might seem mundane to others but its a part of really starting to care on a consistent basis about living a better life (I use to just let housework build up until It was overwhelming!)
Old 05-01-2011, 01:09 PM   #120  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

WELCOME SILENTARCTIC,

Happy you have joined us here on the Positive Thread. And what great positives you have started with.

I totally understand about the game, we are like that around here in my neck of the woods also. A fan, win or loose!!! Got the jerseys too and oh yeah, we scream at the tv and the players like they can hear us too!!! See, you are in such good company.

I hear ya on the chores, my hubby is a clean aholic and me on the other hand, I get it done, but I am more laid back about. Guess I should try to be a little more like him and starting to be consistent in all areas definetly shows growth and is a positive thing to do as along as it's all a good thing. LOL Great job on getting started!!!! Today will certainly be good exercise for ya!!
You come back often now ya here!!!!

Hugs love and blessings,
Ags
Oh yeah I am the one in the pink shirt in my avatar
Closed Thread