Old 03-07-2010, 03:14 PM   #121  
Investing in ME!

S/C/G: 365/264/165

Height: 5' 5.5"

Wow, thanks for sharing all of this! I've just recently started over, and it's been pretty rough. It's really encouraging to know that I'm not the only one dealing with all of the day to day struggles.

Now to add my own embarrassing moment...
My husband took me to see Cirque du Soleil as a reward for my hard work and progress. Even after 2 months a nearly 20 pounds, I couldn't fit into the seats at the arena. The show was great, but having an armrest wedged in my hip for almost 3 hours was awful.

I've never been thin, so it's hard for me imagine what things will be like once I've lost the weight. Reading all of your posts has given be a lot to look forward to. In particular, fitting into ANY chair is going to be a great bonus to getting fit and healthy!

Thank you all again for making my day. Now it's time to go get my shirt soaked doing those dishes!
Yayaism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:45 PM   #122  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

LOL .. oh yes yaya we all feel the pain... I think it's important to find a sense of humor in it all!

I know the pain of the arm rests digging into you.. I feel that way every time on on a plane or at the movie theater!

One time I sat in those plastic lawn chairs and the arm rests were so close together when I stood up the whole seat came with my butt! talk about embarrassment!
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 03:49 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 440/193/170

Height: 5'11"

Cute thread. Have read through it all, and can identify with most of these. A couple more...
- I can go into a store and not look like I just got out of the shower (I would have been sweating profusely just from walking from the parking lot into the store)
- I can shave my legs in the shower (used to have to shave at the side of the tub or while sitting).
- People don't stare at me like I am a public spectacle (but it kills me to see it happen to others).
- I still want to do the roller coaster thing. My highest weight was 440 lbs. At 275 lbs, I tried to go on an amusement park ride. The guy tried to squish the bar closed, but it would not, so had to get off. Talk about humiliating. I had classmates still waiting in line that I passed when leaving the ride, and thankfully one said, "We knew you'd be too chicken to go on!" But it didn't help having everyone on the ride watch me getting kicked off.
- I can go to a concert and buy 1 ticket. I used to buy 2, so that I could take up 1.5 seats, to avoid sitting on the person next to me.

One thing that I've read here that I am disappointed about... the no flapping sounds when running. It still happens. But now it is not because of fat, it is the loose skin. Oh well...

Last edited by joannie; 03-12-2010 at 03:50 PM.
joannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:43 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 327/293/125

Height: 5'5"

Wow...This thread made me laugh so hard I cried a little. I swear I thought I was the only one who had to deal with this stuff. I think since this thread gave me the courage to join this site, I will throw in my two cents worth...

1- Being able to buy clothes 'off the rack'
2- Be able to go to a spa without feeling like the people there will be making jokes about me for years to come...
3- Get a bed frame for my bed. Hubby and I had a beautiful wooden one about 3 years ago. My side collapsed in the middle of the night and woke us up because the wood had broken the entire length. I was so mortified and scared of it happening again, that our bed now sits on the floor.
4- Skirts without shorts underneath! (chub rub...glad to have a name for it now!)
5- I want to be able to dance. Doesn't have to be in public. Just dance and make it through a whole song without huffing and puffing, and having to sit down after. Or worse, not dancing at all because I'd be afraid of breaking something in the process. (objects or myself or both)

I'm kind of a klutz. I'm hoping that goes away with the weight.
christinesefton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:13 PM   #125  

christine- don't feel bad.. I have broke two beds actually three if I count the air mattress me and my hubby popped..lol.. it's funny though every bed I broke it was because of me and the hubby playing around on it..

the first time. me and him were wrestling around (literally). and he threw me down o n the bed to pin me.. and he threw himself on me. and CRACK! we heard the wood split of the box spring..LOL... it cracked the whole thing.. but we still used it anyways. .until we could buy a new one..

then the second bed was the air mattress I can't believe it last as long as it did.. me and the hubby had moved into a brand new house and so we decided to throw all our old furniture until we could afford nice new furniture that would match with the house.. so until we could afford a new bed we slept on an air mattress now mind you I'm 300lbs and the hubby is about 280 so that's nearly 600lb on that thing. and we slept on it fro 4 months before it popped.. but we woke up in the middle of the night completely laying on the ground and we were like what happened...LOL..but just earlier that day we had been a little rough on it..I guess we should realize at our weight we can't play around on beds like skinny people do..

and the 3rd one was after we were finally able to buy a new bed we bought a cheaper metal frame because it was more in our price range...the metal bed frame that the bed sits on started bending sideways! we notice our bed really sunk LOW in the middle like when we would sleep it felt like we were in a valley and we realized the metal bar i n the middle had bended all the way to the side and just the two side ones were in tact..lol well after that we decided to get the heaviest sturdiest bed frame we could and it has been good to us since!
Old 03-23-2010, 04:31 PM   #126  
Endeavor to Persevere

S/C/G: 386/see ticker/200

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamherrera View Post
Oh my gosh I thought of some more they may be T M I - so proceed with caution while reading!

-Not getting boils in between my legs! ugh how horrible! I used to think they were in grown hairs

- being able to get a clear view of my hoo ha with out lifting up my belly fat!

- or being about to wash my hoo ha in the shower with out bending over backwards practically doing a bridge just for the shower water to reach it.. LOL oh god cant believe I just said that- but it's true..

- not having to practically break my arm to reach my bum to wipe!
My post is probably full of TMI but admit it...most of us have been there!

OMGravy!!! I am SOOO glad that I am not the only one with these problems!! I don't have a problem with the boils but the hoo ha washing tends to be a problem until I bought (how sad) a puff on a stick from wal-mart. It's supposed to be used to wash your back but...guess what...it's my hoo ha brush!! How's that for TMI I will definitely be glad when I don't have to do that anymore!!

I am also on board with the chair and booth issues!!
I usually won't use the restroom outside of my house unless I absolutely have NO choice because it's a struggle especially if #2 is involved!!
I will also be glad to be able to cross my legs.

This might be a little TMI too but I will be glad when I don't have to face the pillow anymore!! Hubs sometimes wants the lights on (can't figure out WHY!!!) so I will be glad when I can do that and not have to spend the whole time feeling awful!

Most of my issues have already been mentioned and it's nice to be able to laugh at yourself! People will laugh at you anyway so why not get a jump on it
thinmintintraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:46 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 325/318/220

Height: 5'7

oh man, what a huge release that was!! what great reading, and a great laugh.

9/10 of these things happen to me too, but to know that it happens to others makes me feel more at ease.... I never wish any of these things on others at all and hopefully this will be the last time we will ever have to write these things bcs we will never have to deal with them again.

Some of the things I want.....
* to be able to carry well (when pregnant) and not asked if I'm have twins!!
* to be able to ride ALL the adult rides at the theme park and nothing equvillant to the merry-go-round because it doesn't need safety harness.
* when clothes shopping be able try anything on and not stick to the nana clothes
* have the option of wearing my sisters clothes because I've forgotten a t-shirt or something
* not worry about my pants wearing out because my thighs rub together!
* be able to wear a swimsuit and dry quickly in the sun then go for another swim or just throw something over top, not having to wear t-shirt and shorts, then have to change straight after a swim bcs if I don't I will get chaff.

Oh, the list goes on....We will all get there and it will be bliss!
caseyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:26 AM   #128  

lol@ THINMINT!!! THERE IS NO SUCH THING as tmi on this thread! that's why I created it.. so we can talk about the things that normal people don't deal with and find a way to laugh about it! love that you have a special hooha brush!! LOL

casey! welcome to the tread feel free to stop back in any time if you think of anything else ! this is place to laugh at our own imperfections! And through this thread I have felt so much better about going through these issues! I totally understand wanting to be able to just borrow clothes from people.. one time at work (i'm a preschool teacher) it was time for recess and I forgot a coat and it was freezing and it's required we take the kids out.. I had a co teacher (bless her heart ) offer me to wear her coat.. now she cant be but a size 2!i just put my arms in the sleeves to appease her.. I felt like chris farley when he sings that song" fat guy in a little coat.. well I took it off before i ripped it and just draped it over my shoulders like a shawl.. so sad..lol

Last edited by mariamherrera; 03-25-2010 at 02:30 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:59 PM   #129  
Endeavor to Persevere

I thought of something else! I don't know how it works every where else but when shopping for clothes and the clerk is ringing them up it's embarassing how they hold them up for the world to see as they are folding them to put them in a bag, like they are folding up a tarp or something. I'm thinking, just shove it in the bag and I'll iron it out when I get home!!

I will also be glad when I don't have to powder everything from head to toe!!

That's all I have right now!
Old 03-25-2010, 10:50 PM   #130  
mizmiller

S/C/G: Start 367/322/299

Height: 5'9

thinmint lol @ when shopping for clothes and the clerk is ringing them up it's embarassing how they hold them up for the world to see as they are folding them to put them in a bag. I know right, Hurry shove it in, dont let anybody see it. lol

My very worst thing Is going out to eat at a place Ive never been and wondering if I will have to walk right back out because they only have them horrible little boths. Oh the anxiety of that one. I have had to change from booth to table once with my husband it was awful I felt like a cow!

I will go online to see if a restaurant has pictures and if they have tables in the pictures so I can ask for one because If I dont they will try to squeeze my big butt in a both for sure. I guess it my be a game let me see how many over weight ppl we can embarrass today. Why else would they not look at me and take me to a table straight away.

Both or table? ummm... Realy? LMFAO

Oh my last one is my belly hang, that slaps when I run up the stairs and when me and hubby are playing hard. (sorry if TMI)
Qcrazymiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:00 PM   #131  

I've been lucky to be able to fit into most booths I typically prefer them they are just more comfy for me.. however the few times I've sat in one that was to tight was miserable my belly was literally sitting on top of the table!

oh and the belly flopping thing is awful.. not only does my belly flop but my thighs clap! like an actual clapping noise like some one is applauding! maybe it's my thighs saying "that a girl get that big butt moving!keep running" LOL
Old 03-25-2010, 11:03 PM   #132  
Endeavor to Persevere

maybe it's my thighs saying "that a girl get that big butt moving!keep running"

rotflmbbo!!!! Maria, you are too funny!! Thanks for that visual! You sound like my kind of fun! It really is great to be able to laugh at ourselves!!

Last edited by thinmintintraining; 03-25-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:07 PM   #133  

LOL@ thinmint! I know right!!! see skinny people don't' need to exercise so when us big girls do our bodies actually clap in applause for us..LOL!!!!!!!

Last edited by mariamherrera; 03-25-2010 at 11:07 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:51 PM   #134  
Endeavor to Persevere

ain't that the truth!! I found a status comment on facebook the other day that said "Sweating isn't the result of a good workout, it's your body crying from the cruelty it just endured!"
Old 04-10-2010, 02:29 AM   #135  

thought of another one not getting stuck i n those rotating doors! you know the kinds with the bars that have to turn once you've paid or scanned a ticket to get though like in a subway or theme park..