Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 01:58 PM   #1  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1157

WELCOME

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 05-05-2008, 02:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Good morning and Happy Monday chickies,

My hunger level is back to its usual place. Yesterday was much better, and today feels like another typical day--not too hard, and not too easy. Also, the scale seems to be creeping downward just a bit, a wee bit closer to my ticker weight.

Let's make this a great, OP week for all of us.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Hi all,

I hate to say I am feeling strong, as I don't want to jinx myself, but I am feeling like I can do this. Since last Wednesday I have done approximately 2000 calories, as well as some semi-exercise (moving 7.5 cubic yards of mulch), and I have lost 5.8 pounds. Yes, I know it won't stay at this pace, but I should hopefully be able to get under 350.0 pounds this week. It's been a long time. My hope is I have hit a downward stride. I will admit, I haven't done the most healthy things with all my calories (I spent 1000 of them at McDs Saturday, but that was one of the mulch moving days). I know I cannot make that a habit. But I also know that I personally cannot nibble on salad every moment and think that is sustainable. I just need to document document document (calories).

Back to work, just thought I would share good news for once.

Take care and be well,
Angie
Old 05-05-2008, 03:03 PM   #4  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Glad to hear that your feeling more yourself Battle!

Angie - Good job on the weeks loss.

I did not get enough exercise in this weekend! I felt over whelmed with everyone home and to much un planned time. I will work harder on getting exercise in when the family is home and under foot.

Last edited by JuliaDH; 05-05-2008 at 03:03 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Angie, thats fantastic news!!! I'm so glad that you are doing well on your journey! And I'm sure you will reach 300 in no time. Keep up the great work.

Battleax, glad your seeing a downward move on the scale.

HI to everyone else, lurkers included. I'm very determined to get into the 270's this week. So I've got meals planned and exercise planned and am drinking every bit of my water. I'm tired of being in the 280s!!
On one of the other exercise threads, we are going from one beach to the next and it went from 132 minutes of exercise for one week, to 777 for the week....that's 111 mins a day. I don't know if I can do that, but I'm going to give it a good effort. You can include some house work too so that helps. So keep your fingers crossed for me. You know how I am with exercise..UGH! LOL
Hope everyone is having a butt moving, water drinkin', OP day.
DEbbie
Old 05-05-2008, 03:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Ratkitten: How are you today sweetie? I hope that icky stuff is breaking up. Hugs.

Debbie: Congrats to you on -1! You are doing so well hun. I'm so proud of you. I know you can get that exercise in. That is a lot for one day but if you can count housework it should make it easier. Just know that your house will sparkle by the end of the week. lol. The rose in your Avatar is pretty. Is that a bug on it? Hugs.

Battle: So glad you are feeling a bit more like you. That is wonderful. Great job on all the walking too. It is amazing when I can fit into something in a regular store. It kind of makes me think that things are mismarked though honestly. I just need to get over that. lol.

Xena: I know that when my niece when to college she loved the things that Bernice mentioned for the shower. We actually got her a rolling cart with drawers that she could just roll into the bathroom and it had all of her grooming things in it along with soaps and shampoos etc. We also bought her some shampoo, expensive kind, that she loves and a gift cert. for bath and body works that she likes too. I have that same niece is graduating from College in June. Any gift ideas besides money? lol.

Carol: I didn't get to go last Friday to speak with seniors because I had to work but I am planning on going this Friday. I wish we could bottle the feelings when we are doing especailly well on weight loss too.

Angie: woohoo to another -5.8. How exciting and wonderful. Keep up the great work.

Julia: Hope you had a great time with your family.

Hi Everyone else.

Yesterday we were at Costco and they had some season passes for the amusement park that is up here on sale for $86.00 for the whole season including admission to the water park next door and you can go as often as you want. It included free parking and discounts at different stores and stuff in the park. It costs $36.99 per person to get into the park normally each time you go so that would be quite a savings but, DH and I have never been there and wanted to see if we would like it first before spending money on a season pass. So, while in costco I said, they opened yesterday for the season and have a special 1/2 price entrance fee today so lets go check it out. We did. It was so much fun! We went on most of the rides which, the rides alone were scary but, being afraid that the seatbelts and rides themselves wouldn't fit me were scarrier than the rides. My most favorite one was this white water rafting ride. I laughed so hard at my DH when he got wet. It was great fun. We walked around for 4 hours! I was thirlled with that. I didn't get tired but, I did wear some brand new shoes, didn't expect to go to the amusement park when we left home that day. New shoes hurt my feet but that was all. I walked and walked and never got tired. The best NSV of the day was when Dh wanted to try a funnel cake and we sat at a picknic table to eat it and I could fit at the picknick table. Last time I tried to sit at one at 510 pounds I had to hang on for dear life or I would have fallen off. This time I sat there like a regular sized person. It was wonderful. I did eat two bites of funnel cake and a couple bites of carmel apple. Not the best choices but I didn't eat too much. It made me pretty sick.

I am so PMSing and retaining water today. My weight is up 5 pounds from my ticker. I know I didn't eat enough yesterday to gain 5 pounds. lol So, I am assuming it is water weight and maybe from all the walking. If it doesn't go away by weigh in day on Friday I will change my ticker but I'm pretty sure it will flush away soon.

I am going to Curves today to start that one month challenge thing. I hope I do well at it and I am really planning on giving it my all along with my at home exercises and hopefully swimming at least a couple of times this week.

Hope you all have a wonderful op, water drinking bootie moving day.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 05-05-2008, 03:55 PM   #7  

Height: 5'11"

Hi everyone:

Great news -- since last week, I've been allowed to start walking around the home with my leg cast off -- yippee! -- and today I haven't strapped that sucker on once I'll still put it on if I'm going to be spending any serious time on it or if I'm going out of the apartment, but it's SO NICE to have it off. I think having it off has helped the swelling go down, too -- yay!

Up a little weight today, but I don't think it's permanent...we'll see tomorrow

My mom also said to me that she knew someone who had something done to her leg, and she was getting more and more frustrated at PT, but then all of a sudden it clicked, and she made rapid progress -- so there's hope!!!
Old 05-05-2008, 05:13 PM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

hello everyone,
having a good day here with the kidos. We have been across the street at the park for over 2 hours. They love it over there and i get to relax a little becasue the play area is fenced in.
I wore a sleeveless blouse and my arms are saggy but not bad enough to not wear it. I think tanned skin looks better than white skin. Im hoping to get some color this week.LOL

Glad for those who are down in weight this week. Hugs to those struggling.
I dont know about the TBL challenge . I find it hard to count housework as exercise. I dont know if i can actually get in that many min a day. I should count chasing 3 two year olds for 9-11 hours a day.LOL

debi
Old 05-05-2008, 05:58 PM   #9  
Releasing the inner hiker

Congrats to everyone starting off the week OP and/or showing losses!

Xena, I was given a cookbook, called (I believe) the College Cookbook, which had really simple and cheap recipes. It really helped me, as I didn't do much cooking prior to college.

Speaking of nutrition books, there is a cool book on the market called "Eat this, not that" which has healthier options to choose when eating out and grocery shopping. Most of the choices listed are very suprising! I know that most college students eat out a lot and consequently gain weight their first year and this could be a worthwhile book for her (if she is health conscious).

Or, a simple phone card or gift card to any local 24 hour restaurants...
Old 05-05-2008, 06:50 PM   #10  

We have the Eat This/Not That book, too -- we were definitely surprised by some of the not thats (and by some of the thises, too!).

It may not be fun, but my mom's secretary gave me an awesome, hand-assembled, office supply kit for me. I had no idea how much I would use it, but it turned out to be great -- stapler, tape dispenser, great scissors, paperclips, staples, ruler, staple remover, etc., etc. It wasn't the most glamorous gift, but it was definitely the most useful. You could even decorate the items to personalize them if you wanted.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:51 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Walrus: Woo hoo on the leg thing! That sounds like a great gift too.

Alice: I have seen that book in Costco. Is it any good?

Debimitch: LOL. I think I look better with a tan and maybe even a bit slimmer, you know just like wearing dark clothes. lol.

Well, I went to the gym and walked 30 minutes on the treadmil at 3.5 miles per hour I have never done the treadmil that long before. Then I jumped on the bike for only 10 minutes knowing that I will ride my own bike at home for 30 minutes today. I then went to Curves and worked out. I followed it all up with a trip to the grocery store for veggies and fruit. DH told me he wants to loose some weight so I got lots of things to pack in his lunch that are good for him. I am going to take my dogs for a walk then finish my home exercises. I am so proud of myself for starting fresh today after the time I did yesterday, I almost talked myself into taking it easy today. lol.

Tomorrow I am going to swim in addition to my home exercise routine and then I am meeting a friend for lunch at the hospital. She said they have good, healthy and inexpensive food. lol. So, okay to the hospital for lunch sounds weird to me but, whatever makes her happy. lol.

Drink your water and move your bodies.
Blessings all,
Annie
Old 05-05-2008, 08:12 PM   #12  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

I know I look better tan..and I cannot spend too much time outdoors because I burn quickly and easily. So I am now hopelessly devoted to Jergens Natural Glow EXPRESS lotion. I'm using it on my legs and also my arms and shoulders and upper chest and I can really see a difference.

I had a momentary panic yesterday....I need a bathing suit for Vegas. Ugh. Kill me now.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:32 PM   #13  
Releasing the inner hiker

Annie, I think the Eat This/Not That book is interesting. For example, one summer I ate at Wendy's a lot and the meal I almost always ordered was the Turkey & Swiss Frescata, thinking it was one of the healthiest meals on their menu. In actuality, the grilled chicken was a healthier choice, by (if I am remembering correctly) 400 calories. I was surprised.

I wish all restaurants were required to have their nutrition facts posted somewhere. I went out with a friend last week to Longhorn's and ordered a ceasar salad and small chili. Afterwards, I checked online to record the chili calories only to find a notice on their website stating they do not provide nutrition facts. (!) And then, my favorite "cheap" sushi (AFC Sushi..available in many grocery stores) just removed their nutrition facts from their website...no longer available. Grrr...
Old 05-05-2008, 09:21 PM   #14  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Annie - Your day at the amusement park sounded so fun. It makes me feel so happy for you the things you are starting to enjoy that you couldn't before. You deserve it all!

Thanks to everyone who offered up graduation gift suggestions. You guys definitely came up with some things I would not have thought of!

OK, off to cram for my test tomorrow. After that I am freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woo hooo!!!
Old 05-05-2008, 09:28 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Annie, thankfully she changed the place that we are "walking" to. Instead of leaving from Washington D.C. each time, we are going to be walking from the last place we walked to, so we will be leaving from N.C. and walking to Florida. A big difference, it's only around 455 miles now, which is more doable. I got in 90 minutes today just doing more weeding in the yard. Thanks for having the confidence in me though, it means alot.
Actually, it's a tiny little frog in my roses. Every year we get these itty bitty frogs in our roses and they nestle themselves inbetween the petals. It's really adorable. I even sent an email with a pic of them to our local news station and they put it on their weather segment.
That amusement park sounds like so much fun. I'm glad you got out and enjoyed yourself, you really deserve it. And being able to "fit" on the rides and the picnic table is a very good NSV. I know how it feels to not be able to fit, and have to suffer the humiliation of getting off of the ride in front of everyone....not a good feeling.
Annie, you are just an exercising machine!!!! You go girl!!

Walrus YaY for getting around with out the cast. I bet it felt good to be free of that thing.

Debi, I feel weird about claiming housework so I probably won't but I DO count my yardwork....that's hard work!!!

Julee, does that stuff turn you yellow? I tried one for when my son was getting married, and it turned me all yellow. I forget which one it was though.
Don't even mention the "B" word. This body hasn't seen one of those since I was a kid.

All my gardens are cleared of weeds except the biggest one which I'll try getting to tomorrow if it doesn't rain. It always looks so nice when it's done, but then the darn weeds come back. I need to go buy some more plants too, to fill in where things have died back. I LOVE THIS TIME OF THE YEAR!!!
Have a great evening!
Debbie
Closed Thread