Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 10:58 AM   #61  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Do you ever just want to reach through a phone and throttle someone? I stayed home from the pool yesterday because I was supposed to be getting a delivery. It never came. So I get to stay home all day today too. I promise not to damage the delivery guy once he makes an appearance. If he doesn't come today, there will be bloodshed.

I'm just trying to stay busy.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:16 AM   #62  

Height: 5'7"

all good things come to an end!!! I had commented last week at how easy dieting was at that point!! Well now im on the hungry end.........I think i could eat the house! LOL i wont but i could!!!This is my first real struggle in awhile. I have made some not so good choices today......goldfish when the kids snacked. I fed the kids a peice of hubbys cake that didnt tempt me last night and i had a few bites today close to a half of peice. Its mid morning and im starving!! I even ate a serving of nuts thinking they would satify me. I had my normal yogurt and fruit smoothy for breakfast but did have it early and spilled part of it..all over me and the couch.LOL oh yeah i also had a string cheese.
i am having salmon and veggies for lunch and maybe that will stop the snacky mode im in. I may end up having to really watch my calories today to stay under my allotted amount.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:50 AM   #63  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

I am sorry to not have posted for the last few pages. But I am having a tough time staying on plan. DH is in a moody negative funk and is having his own wollowing in his own pity party. Wants me to join. But I cant. Its just to depressing. I am tired of living on his emotional roller coaster and is a contributing factor to my weight. I fill my mouth to medicate myself and he has emotional verbal diahrrea and makes sure I know his "pain" to mediicate himself. Or rather called attention getting behaviour when refering to children! Dont know what to do to stop/prevent getting sucked in! I love feeling great. But right now he loves misery. And is looking for company!
Old 05-07-2008, 12:43 PM   #64  

Greetings Peepers,

The creeping crud is hanging on, but I rode my bicycle into work anyway. It was too gorgeous out this morning to pass up. I'm breathing a bit better too so the antibiotic must be kicking in. BTW, I am sore in places I didn't expect after my first rollerblading experience! It shows me that my upper body strength (core strength) needs a lot of work.

Deb54, good luck on your Wally World interview! I know they'll get a hard working wonderful person when the get you.

Battle, I swear, you are my long lost sister or sumthing. I, too, am beyond pale in skin color and burn easily. Sunscreen all the way! My maintenance time was supposed to be losing, but life stresses got in the way. Geesh, life has no respect for my weight loss efforts!! It's goes to show you that my whole life is a diet and I can't give up fighting to be more healthy. In the end, I would hope my balance sheet shows more losses than gains.

Annie, you are stunning! That hammock is fabulous too I would sooooo like to get one and I see them for sale in the little towns going to the Outer Banks, NC all the time. The problem would be the 2 huge golden retrievers that would love to join me in the thing. I too have thought about the unsolicited attention at both ends of the weight spectrum. The first time that happened, I was floored and angry. I was also very young and emotionally unable to cope with those feelings along with some other life changing circumstances. Today, I am not alone in this journey and I've got a wee bit more experience in life and my responses to unfeeling comments from others.

Walrus, glad the hugs helped! They always help me too. Healing thoughts for that dang leg.

Sharon, I hope your DH gets that job!!!! Sorry about TOM. He does horrid things to me too. I usually have to take at least a day off from work if he comes by during the week.

DMPLS, ut oh about the greasy food fiasco!!! Despite that, it sounds like (pun) the music therapy even went wonderfully! Even with the extra moon out

debi, bleh on the uti. I'm glad I'm not prone to them. Soothing thoughts for your family as the meds slowly change. Hope that hungry mode disapates!

Jilly and Toris - hug!

Wow penny, you are busy with teens and young adults in your life! Buster sounds like a cool new pup and gorgeous

Cyn-w000h000 for the new treadmill and Y experience! That coworkers is gonna be soooo green with jealousy when she sees the happy new you.

Catherine, I kinda feel that way all the time when I talk to folks in the gov't.. unfortunately, that's where I work! hehe Oh well. I hope your delivery guy comes soon, or you'll be drowning him in the pool. Muhhahahaha!

Julia, sorry your DH is in a mood. I'd feel sorry for anyone living with me during my moody times. Hang in there!!! We are here for venting purposes.

Well, back to my endless meetings.

Hugs and Luv,
Ratkity
Old 05-07-2008, 01:27 PM   #65  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratkitten View Post
BTW, I am sore in places I didn't expect after my first rollerblading experience! It shows me that my upper body strength (core strength) needs a lot of work.
I hear that! I have been doing a lot of walking outside, a little arm strength training, and some in-home walking workout videos. I would expect maybe my arms to be sore from the weights, my legs/hips to be sore from the walking, maybe even my butt from some of the WATP moves...but no, the muscles on the sides of my BACK hurt
Old 05-07-2008, 01:34 PM   #66  

Height: 5'6"

Good for you RK doing the rollerblading. I can't rollerblade!! I *love* rollerskating and used to go 2-3 times a week when I was a kid/teenager. I could handle that, but not the rollerblades.

Another question for those with Fit-Flops. I ordered a pair and am really curious, do you really feel some muscle soreness when you use them?
Old 05-07-2008, 01:51 PM   #67  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Torister...I am not feeling the soreness in my calves, thighs, butt, etc that some people claim to feel. I am feeling it more in my abs and lower back because they force me to pull up and have better posture. I also find that I am able to stand around in the for a very long time and that my feet are not sore.

Annie...your pictures really are great!!!

Zelma...when are you coming to CA?

Dinner was nice...very simple and easy, except the broccoli slaw wasn't go great. I just baked some chicken breast steaks with a nice spice rub on them and cut up some baby white potatoes and onions with a little olive oil spray and some seasoning and tossed it all into the oven. DH and I split the larger steak (probably 8 oz.) and figured if we were still hungry we'd split the other one too...but in the end we weren't hungry and we also didn't finish all the potatoes. I was going to bring them for lunch today and cut up some sundried tomatoes into them but I remembered that I am supposed to go to a luncheon here...so I just brought a couple snacks.

Off and running...more May Gray outside today.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:42 PM   #68  

Height: 5'7"

Im back again.
I am not as hungry since eating lunch. I just have to really watch my calories for dinner to make up for the empty calories today.
Oh to the rollerbladers..im jealous!! I tried it about 10 yrs ago when hubby use to take the kids...well i cant do it!! I have no cordination. I could skate when i was younger but anymore.
UTI meds are helping already. Glad I had them on hand and was able to start them last night.
Im really in the bored mode this afternoon and that may have been what triggered the eating this morning.
Hope everyone is having a good day
debi
Old 05-07-2008, 04:02 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Peggy: LOL.

Catherine: sorry you weren't able to make it to the pool. Hopefully he will come so you can go tomorrow.

Debimitch: I feel like when I am exceptionally hungry oatmeal helps.

Julia: Hugs

Rat: I'm so proud of you riding your bike when you aren't feeling up to par. The pedal on my bike is broken so DH said he will fix it this weekend so I can be ready when the weather stops raining. My big old dogs think they want on the hammock too until we help them up then they have a look of terror in their eyes and jump off. lol.

Julee: The dinner you made sound so yummy. Good for you stopping when you are full instead of eating the other steak because it is there. That is what I would have done.

I went to Curves and did my work out. It has been raining off and on but right now it is not raining so I am going to take my dogs for a walk. They love it. Hope you are all doing well.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 05-07-2008, 05:24 PM   #70  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

ok so I saw a comment about fitflops before didn't understand and just chalked it up as my stupidity.....well saw it today and realized it wasn't a typo on fip flops as I thought it was before.....so could someone enlighten me??? LOL

today was yet another crazy day in our classroom.....wish I could record some of what goes on in our room and share it with you all...........we were cussed out by one of our students since 11am.....he wanted us to suspend him so he would have a reason to miss the field trip on friday......since his behavior will probably make him lose the privilage of going on the field trip.........I am counting my 3- 10 min workouts with him to my exercise mins! When I got home today no one was here and rather than eat something I tossed some chicken in the oven for dinner and jumped on the treadmill watched Ellen while walking for 30mins! drank a HUGE glass of water and feel LOADS better than last night!

Annie loved your pictures!!! You are definately my mentor!!!!!

I don't know if I shared with you all that a friend of mine from when DH & I first started dating located me through myspace recently.....it has been great getting back in touch with her! She was really impressed with mine & DH's weight losses......so she started posting on TDP and has been working towards losing weight......well she noticed I was slacking on posting in my diary on TDP and updating my myspace blog about my weight loss.....so she called me on my cell and checked up on me!!!! LOL I love her to pieces for doing that!!! It was what I needed to kick my booty into action! (yes even though yesterday I ate poorly LOL)

So Annie it is nice to have a mentor or should I say being the mentor..........those of us watching our mentor will keep the mentor in line!!! LOL

Debi Hope your UTI goes away quickly!!!

Isn't someone in Owensborro??? Debi? or was it someone else?

Last edited by DMPLS; 05-07-2008 at 05:25 PM.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:43 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

Catherine- Did your delivery show up? I hope so.

To all who have pictures up! They look awesome! You are all doing so well. Keep it up, you should be proud.

As soon as I figure out how to do things on here I will try and get some on. Still learning though. I know if I was on the computer as much as the hubby and kids, then I would know. Maybe I should I just don't know when with my schedule. Daughter got her award and it was cool. Citizenship, Mentoring and Quiz bowl honors was what she received. This just means more letters and pins to put on the school jacket. I should teach her how to sew!! Since everyone thinks I am a seamstress you would think my children would get it naturally! HA, right. She made a pillow in a class and received a C. How scary is that, sewing 4 sides. That does not come naturally to her. Now I know. I am just not sure where she gets the "drama" and "talking". I hear it is a "girl thing". At least now I can prepare myself for the younger daughter! HA! HA! I got some cleaning done today, but there is still much more to go. I need to just toss! Hubby says now since I am home that I should ebay it. Who knows, maybe. He is so funny, that would take away from the little time that I get to write here at 3FC. But if gas prices keep going up I may need to! Gotta go to softball practice. Later
Old 05-07-2008, 07:23 PM   #72  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Debi...you poor thing...time to bust out the cranberry juice...yuck

Annie...we just sort of sat there quietly for a few minutes and I asked him if he was still hungry and he wasn't..and neither was I. I had the points left to eat more chicken..but I saved them for later and enjoyed a WW latte bar...yummo! Then DH had leftovers to take to work today.

DMPLS...FitFlops are made by a british company and they claim that because of their design of the footbed and heel space that they actually work the muscles in the backs of your legs and in your butt. They are also very comfy and have great arch support. Look them up online

Catherine...did you ever get what I sent? (or rather, did your publisher get it?)

Someone mentioned MySpace. I am on MySpace and also on Facebook (a lot). If any of you would like to connect through either, please let me know

WI tonight...bleah. TOM is knowing on my door and the weather is weird. I feel like I am retaining mucho water. Last night my rings were tight but this morning they fit fine.

Have any of you seen the commercials for the detoxing foot pads? Do you know anything about them? Are they at all legit or just a bunch of silliness?
Old 05-07-2008, 07:52 PM   #73  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Had a better day today! Showered and dressed nice with a little makeup. Even tho I am in & out of the house. It makes me feel alittle more put together and easier to avoid joining the pity party! Still working on the new filing system. Kids would like to eat at the dinner table sometime this week. So goal is to have it done for Fri am!

I am on facebook but not my space. Facebook and 3FC takes up enough time!

Glad to hear everyone is well and sending out s to everyone!
Old 05-07-2008, 07:58 PM   #74  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Still no delivery. I'm expecting books to sign between now and Monday. Unfortunately it is being sent with the delivery company that refuses to deliver to our neighborhood. We have actually had to threaten them with a human rights complaint. I stay home, and they say they tried to deliver but no one answered. They do this every time. Plus my new furniture is supposed to be delivered, but they aren't sure exactly what day. How do these people do business this way? I've been stomping around. I wonder if that qualifies as exercise. At least I'm getting my spring cleaning done.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:52 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Catherine: I stopped having things delivered, because it became impossible. I would take time off from work, and the packages wouldn't arrive, I couldn't take more time off from work, etc. Sometimes I wasn't expecting a package, but someone tried to send me something, and I wouldn't get the notice...or I would get the notice and would have to figure out how to get to their facility to pick it up. It was impossible most of the time because of work.

I tried explaining to my rural, suburban, and SAH friends that living in a security apartment building, being single and at work all day, made it impossible for me to receive packages at home. The delivery people can't get in the building, it's locked and there's no live reception agent. Even if I kniew ahead of time that a package was on its way, I could not take a few days off work and wait at home for their homebaked cookies. Most of the time they'd still take it personally when they tried to send me something and I couldn't get it.
Closed Thread