Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 06:08 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hello All,

Not a very good day today. I went to the doctors because the antibiotics I am on just don’t seem to be doing anything and my ‘lesions’ are getting bigger. I saw a different doctor because my usual one is off sick, and I am so glad I actually saw the one I did because I finally got a diagnosis. I thought that I had much more than just infected spots. I would put a picture on here to show you all, but it would gross you out. Sharon can tell you though that it’s not a pretty sight. Anyway it turns out that I have Granuloma Annulare. It’s a skin condition that has no known cause and no cure! And it normally takes 2 YEARS to clear up on it’s own Most people have it on their torso, only 5% have it on their faces like I do. Because of that I will have to have treatment of some sort to help slow down the spread and to lessen it’s awful appearance, so now I have to wait to get that hospital appt. My doctor rang the consultant and he said he will see me ASAP, but the doc told me that if I don’t get an appt by Monday to ring her and she will nag again. She really needs me to be seen. So there you go, not great news. But enough about me…………

BattleAx - thanks for asking how I am, as you can see from the above, I’m not doing too great. The ‘lesions’ are spreading etc etc. I guess I should just be grateful that it’s not life threatening and get over myself

Annie - nope, my skin condition isn’t caused by anything I’m eating or doing, there is no known cause, but I am sure my stupid immune system is behind how fast it is spreading and how it’s not healing at all.

Great news about the possibility of that other job. How impressed were your potential future employers to offer you another job when the person ‘in house’ took the job that you initially went for. All that without meeting you, just imagine how more impressed they will be when they meet you in person. Not that you will need it but

Patti - I am glad you are just taking it easy for the rest of the week. Roll on Monday and you will be itching to get back OP and on that treadmill

Donna - that is amazing that you are going to see John Edward. It will be so spooky if he gets a message for you!! You will have to tell us all about it! How lovely of your neighbour to buy you such a special gift.

Carol - glad to hear that you put your shoes on to go on the treadmill With your feet still being sore you are definitely motivated by your cruise to carry on losing those lbs

Vicki - Daren is sooooo jealous that you are getting to go on a ghost hunt. Although he has had some bad experiences with ‘spirits’ he’s always fancied going on a proper ghost hunt. I am sure we’ll do it one day. I hope you have a brilliant time and that any ‘spirits’ you do meet are friendly ones

No worries about the email, I just wanted to make sure you had received mine.

Sharon - sorry we didn’t get to chat long this afternoon, I was sleeping for most of the afternoon after I was at the doctors. You know me, I like to sleep when I have bad news I’ll be on earlier tomorrow for a better chat I hope.

So glad you are back OP and feeling better already!

Midnight - that’s wonderful news that you stopped eating before getting full, that’s a great step towards losing those lbs

Nancy - I’m keeping my that you will have a better WI next week and will reach your goal.

Catherine - so glad that your computer finally arrived. It sounds really nice, I hope you get everything transferred successfully! You know you said you were wearing your old lap top out, did you wear the letters off your most used keys? I do a lot of typing and have worn out some of the letters. Good job I can touch type and don’t need to see the letters!

Ayah - what a lovely positive post, it’s the kind of thing a lot of us needed to hear

Well it’s time for me to get some sleep. Take care all and I’ll post again tomorrow.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 10-18-2007, 06:12 PM   #92  

Ammi i am so sorry to hear about your skin condition... i am sure the drs will do all they can to help... i will have to go read up on it
Old 10-18-2007, 08:18 PM   #93  
~Carrie~

S/C/G: 318/t/130

Height: 5'4"

ammi- so sorry bout skin condition. I hope they will find a way to help it a little.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:51 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Ammi -- You go on about it. You need somewhere to vent. poor baby!
Old 10-18-2007, 09:43 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Hi kittycats...

Ratkitten - Buy new pants. End of story. You have done so well, a nice butt hugging pair of jeans may do you wonders. You are fab!!!

Ammi - That skin issue sounds horrible. I am so sorry you have to deal with that. You are a real trooper, and I want to congratulate you on your stamina through it all.

BattleAx - I am very impressed that with the health issue you have lurking around any corner that you have decided that your day to day health is most important. I admit that I am still having a hard time getting into an exercise routine. I know I feel infinitely better when I exercise....feel darn near like I want to just run down the hallways at work....and yet, not engaged. We still have not put our house together (carpet in one more week)...and my hope is that it triggers something.

Annie - I am glad to hear you are getting your energy back. You are doing phenomenally. You are one to be admired. I wish you were here to bop me in the head and tell me "get to it...what are you waiting for?" And congrats on the possibility of that other job. They would be lucky to have you.

Donna - I find the spirit world fascinating...and scary. My parents live (and I lived there for 18 years) in an old pastor's home....but it was previously the house associated with a cemetery. At some point during my childhood my dad decided to move a portion of sidewalk that we had used forever. The sidewalk... it was a tombstone face down. Jacob Campbell. The cemetery had since moved years before, but they left that tombstone. The cemetery would not take the stone...so my father has it in a flower garden. He swears that Jacob walks around the house. Freaks me out. When my best friend passed away 5 years ago, I prayed she would not come visit me (and she didn't). I was scared to be in rooms alone, for fear that she would "show up". My DH thinks I am mental, as he totally doesn't believe in ghosts. I have another friend who believes she can see ghosts...but he doesn't believe her either.

Carol - glad to hear that you put your shoes on to go on the treadmill. Ouch!!

Vicki - The ghose hunt sounds fun...and terrifying.

Nancy - Girl..you look fabulous. Great avatar. You have done a great job....keep up the good work.

Catherine - Aren't new computers fun?? I hope you enjoy it!!

Heather - I hope this school year is going well for you.

Things here are ok. I am apparently waiting for divine intervention to get my rear in gear. But I will...darn it.

Take care and be well,

Angie
Old 10-18-2007, 10:01 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

There are so many posts on here since I last typed, I'd never catch up. You gals are busy!!!
I'm doing ok, just hormonal. In a funk. Icky. I've eaten over my set calories, but not by alot, but the food choices haven't been good. I sort of just let it all go when TOM is here. Hopefully it will be gone by next week and I can get back to normal.
We are having one heck of a windstorm tonight, and the lights have flickered a couple times already so I hope I can get some personals in before it shuts down everything.

Angie, I think we are in the same boat. No motivation at all. I wonder too what it will take to get me in gear...I'll kick you if you kick me?

Ammi, give me the docs number...they won't know what hit em!!! Even better, give it to Catherine too, they won't want to mess with both of us!!

Battle, glad to hear you had a good report from the doctor. It always feels so good to get good news!

Annie, YAY!!! going back to the gym and feeling more energetic...good for u!!!

Catherine,ooo a new computer!! Lucky you!!! Glad to hear you got your package. Maybe they will realize they can't get away with not delivering to you anymore.

Nancy, don't know if I've ever seen that Laughing Cow cheese. Sounds good though. You look very devilish in your avatar...cute!

Midnight, glad the you fit into the desk better today. As days pass, it will get easier and easier because you will be getting smaller and smaller...keep up the good work!!

Luan, the cake and frosting sound delish...can you send some over?

Well that's all for now ladies. Have a good night and stay OP...even I would only listen to myself..
Debbie
Old 10-18-2007, 10:07 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good evening all,

Battle: I hope your get together is a fun one.

Luan: Hugs. I am going to try to make the cake tomorrow if I have time. I may have another job interview for a temporary job.

Ayah: Hugs and thanks for the sweet wishes for us all, back at ya.

Ammi: I'm so sorry that your infection is possibly something else. I wish I could give you a big hug. Please vent away. You are still beautiful no matter what your skin condition is.

Angie: Okay, here it is. I almost cried at what you said about waiting for "Divine Intervention". I got a HUGE wake up call last year right before Thanksgiving. My Dear sweet older brother by 6 years died suddenly and very unexpectantly. I was so shocked along with the total devestation I felt at loosing my last big brother. My other big brother died the year before on Thanksgiving weekend.He was very sick but this brother was, I thought healthy. The bottom line is that it shocked me into realizing that I need to "man up" I need to get my butt in gear and loose this weight once and for all. I pray that nobody else gets a wake up call like this because I miss my big brother John every single day. I think about him. I think about all the things I wish I could tell him and sometimes I wonder if he knows how much I have changed since he passed away. I hope this little pep talk will sink in sweetie. I do with all my heart. You only have one body. Extra weight is so harmful to our bodies. Please be motivated to stick to a plan, exercise and drink lots of water. I hope this doesn't upset you I truly mean for it to inspire and motivate you into moving. Hugs and enough about that.

Well, today I managed to swim for 40 minutes no stopping at all. I am so happy with this progress. I love to do better than the time before and this was definately accomplishing that. Last time I did 30 minutes and it was terribly hard. Today after I swam for 40 minutes I did some squats in the water, leg lifts and a few other leg exercises. I treated myself to sitting in the hot tub for about 10 minutes. I had the whole thing to myself and I allowed myself to day dream some good thoughts.

At the Dr. He was soooo pleased with my progress. It made me feel bunches better. I lost another 4 pounds I think and he said as I feel better and eat more and exercise more I will loose more. He said my body is in a starvation mode right now because of how little I am eating. He did encourage me to try to eat a bit more than I am drinking for my protein. After I went to the Dr. I went and bought some jerkey. It is packed with protein and I managed over a two hour time frame to eat an ounce of it which gave me 15 grams of protein.

I got a phone call from a staffing agency that I had put my application in at and they have a temporary job as a receptionist for me to interview for. I am probably going to go there tomorrow. It would be great because it is temporary and that will make it perfect for my other job to have time to get things in order or, a county job I applied for at the Welfare department. I know God will work things out the way they should be for me. So all in all it was a pretty good day. It is 7 p.m. now and I am cooking dinner for my Dad and my DH Joel when they come back from hunting they will have something hot. I'm sure they will be hungry, cold and wet as it's been raining allllllllll day.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 10-18-2007, 10:09 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Debbie: Hugs to you. Do you have a fire place? I would love one when it is stormy and cold. I hope you have one and you can sit in front of it being toasty and think of me. Or, go ahead and be romantic with your DH. lol.
Now, you come on and get back on track. You are only 4 pounds away from being out of the 3's FOREVER! You can do this girl.

Blessing to you,
Annie
Old 10-18-2007, 10:35 PM   #99  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Annie - GOOD LUCK on your interview. happy thoughts will be with you
Old 10-18-2007, 10:58 PM   #100  
The Story Re-Written

S/C/G: 384/227/180-235

Height: 6ft 4in

Hi All~

Good grief, I have had a long couple of days. I had an appointment with my WLSurgeon on Tuesday. I weighed in at 353.4. I had eaten my breakfast right before I left, so I expected to gain some ounces. My scale said 352.6 when I weighed in that morning. Anyway, we decided that I was not in need of a fill at this time. I was of the same mindset too though. I am still eating 1-2 cups of food, so there really wasn't a need there. I am on target with my weight loss and right now, it seems to be a problem of thyroid hormone maintanence (sp?). He also suggested swimming for exercise, as did you dogpal. I would, however, there are no pools that are really worth me getting into around here. Not big on the public pool thing (the one in my apt. complex is closed for the winter) and no one I know has a pool. So, that is pretty much out.

I am starting to loosen up a little more in my back. I still have shots of pain in the right side, where I have arthirits, but honestly, the only time it is really bad and bothering me now is if I am sitting up without something supporting my back. Otherwise, I am okay for a nice length of time. I managed to get in the bathtub and out with no problems last night, so I am going to count that as a small victory in the whole back thing. I was also able to get up this morning and go for a short walk. Man, it felt good to get out there and walk. It was almost 2 weeks without exercise and I was feeling it. :/

I also had a couple NSV this week. The jeans that I bought a couple years ago, well, let me say that my mother thinks I look like a thug now when I wear them. They are so loose that they are about to fall off my behind. I so need to buy a belt. When I told my WLSurgeon, he laughed and suggested that I not buy too many things at this point as I am going to lose more weight. I would have to agree with him on that. The other NSV, well, I bought a pair of pants a couple months ago that were 22/24, I wear 26/28, I figured that by the time I would need to wear them that I would have lost enough weight to get them on. I have lost enough to get them on and they fit perfectly. Not too tight, not too loose. That made me feel so good.

Oh, we also had a little earthquake around here at 2am Tuesday morning. Little 4.2, nothing major, no damage or anything. My boyfriend was jazzed about that. He is originally from TX, moved to both Iowa and South Carolina and had never felt an earthquake until he moved here 5 years ago. So long as the earthquake isn't centered here, he loves them.

On the whole I am doing pretty good this week. And I hope you all are too.

As always, I hope everyone is doing well and if not, you are in my prayers.

~Story
Old 10-18-2007, 11:22 PM   #101  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

hey story, where do you live?
Old 10-18-2007, 11:33 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Boy things happen here so fast I can hardly keep up. I played hooky from work today and didn't do anything. It was the 3rd time in 15 years I have called in so I am justifying my entitlement. I did manage to walk on the treadmill early this morning for 20 minutes - it was such a relief to have it out of the way - although in the back of my mind I kept thinking I should do it again or get out the pilates video. Alas - I did neither. Another good day OP. Sometimes I think I have too many numbers in my head but I always need a reachable goal - each and every week. So this week's is to be under 325 - I have a physicians scale and that will move me more than halfway down this set - wow what will I feel like when I don't have to move the big weight to 300.

The dogs (Gracie and Gypsy - gg - get it) loved having me home today. They are used to the 3 day weekend and seemed a little confused early on but quickly adjusted to it. Another goal is to be able to walk them both at the same time - that one will take a bit as they are both pretty strong willed - a lab and a labradoodle.

Donna - that is so neat you get to go see John Edwards - I hope you get to connect with him.

Vicki - I'm not brave enough to do the ghost hunt - especially in an old prison - I can't wait to hear all about it. Just keep taking care of yourself and the exercise will come - you've come so far.

Luan the cake sounds so good - with there just being two of us here I would eat the whole thing. No - not quite true - hubby would eat one piece and I would have the rest. That is way to dangerous for me. I admire your ability to have it around. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to do that. I can taste test all day long and still eat dinner. That's what I'm sure I would do with the cake - just cut a piece to even it up in the pan - and then even the row up - and before you know it - I might as well empty to pan so I can wash it.

Sharon I'm glad to hear your mood has lifted. Hope the test results are good for you. Glad to hear you are OP. The Robin Hood Festival sounds like great fun. Maybe you can get some pics for us.

Midnight - so glad to hear you didn't repeat the experience with the desk. You won't have to worry about that much longer as you keep getting smaller.

Nancy - I look every day to see if you've hit your 100 lb mark. What a milestone - if I can ask - how long has this journey taken you. You look fantastic!

Catherine - way to go in dealing with the delivery problem. I would never know where to begin transferring all the info over - I'm computer challenged. I do hope you're enjoying the new pc.

Annie - you are amazing. Good luck on the job interview. How sweet you are to have something hot when the guys come back from hunting. I hope the scale was good to you and it was a good check up with the surgeon.

Battle - great blood pressure news - was it high before? Girls nights are so fun - although I must admit - in my case, usually so fattening too. Let me in on the secrets.

Ayah - thanks for the encouragement - back at ya!

Ammi - I'm sorry about the news but I am so glad you finally saw a doctor who will be your advocate rather than just letting things happen. Perhaps there is a "new" treatment that can give you some relief faster than 2 years. Keep us posted on your progress. You are such an encouragement for me - thank you.

Angie - just wake up tomorrow morning knowing it is the day to "put it in gear". You will feel so much better - I know - I'm preaching to the choir - easier said than done. I look forward to your next post to see how it goes.

Debbie - you must have sent the wind to Missouri - not to mention the rain - how nice of you to share. What a strange fall this has been weather wise. We are just now closing our pool tomorrow - usually we close it by the end of September. Today the dogs both swam - they must have sensed what was going to happen tomorrow.

Story - I hear you about public pools. I feel like a pool snob but I refuse to go to a public one after having our own and knowing what can happen when there are many people using the same facility and care is not adequate. UGHHHHHHH. Glad to hear your back is starting to feel better. Earthquakes would frighten me too! Although we were in Oregon a few years back and there was a thunderstorm - my brother's roommate was frightened by the thunder - he had never heard thunder before - I guess it's all in what we are used to. Thunder is very relaxing to me.

Enough for now - nite all - keep up the great work

Carol
Old 10-18-2007, 11:51 PM   #103  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Ammi-I’m so sorry about your skin condition. Isn’t that another autoimmune disorder? One of the best treatments is UV, and the best place for that is the Dead Sea. Could you get the Health System to pay for you to take a nice long vacation there? Worth a try. Yeah, I don’t look at the letters either. I sometimes will sit in my chair with my head back looking at the ceiling while typing. That creeps him out, especially when I carry on a conversation at the same time as I’m typing. Men just don’t multitask like women can.

Debbie-I’m known for my letters. I once got an insurance company to send my roommate a check for $13,000 just from a letter. They wanted it back later, but I just thumbed my nose at them.

Annie-40 minutes in the water! That’s got to be some serious wrinkles on top of loose skin. I hope you get the job. I know how that kind of thing can boost self esteem.

I’m using my new computer. The screen is so much wider than I am used to that I feel like I’m watching a tennis match, swinging my head from side to side. Now I just have to unlearn all the weird things that I was used to doing with the old one, like being able to use the delete button now. I basically spent all day transferring photos and documents. I’ve been trying to stay busy because he’s going to Ottawa in the morning without me for 2 days. I’m embarrassed to admit that I have trouble being apart from him. I’ll either eat myself half to death, or not eat anything. Half the time I end up sleeping on the couch.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:45 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Catherine -- I have trouble when hubby goes out of town too! I was single into my mid 30s and yet no longer like being home alone? I don't get it. When he traveled a lot last winter I binged quite a bit... I am getting used to it now, but he also doesn't go away for as long. Back then it was Sun-Thurs gone. Now it's usually 1-2 nights...
Old 10-19-2007, 02:49 AM   #105  
Reclaiming control!

S/C/G: 337/siggy/185

Height: 5'11

so i started getting lazy today. I started to find excuses for why I wouldn't workout today and why i should just go and grab something quick to eat (fast food) just this one day! Well I was sitting around and the clock hit 8 o'clock pm and I just couldn't do it. I felt so uncomfortable. I walked over to the computer read this thread, particularly my words of encouragement to everyone, and decided that I would not allow myself to intentionally get off track (practice what you preach).
So I anticipated having 0 minutes of exercise today, but instead I took my butt to the gym and did 70 minutes of cardio. Ahh I feel great! Woohoo!
Closed Thread