Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 09:30 AM   #61  
Trying Intuitive Eating

S/C/G: 430/ticker/138

Height: 5'5.5

Peggy...neat that you make soap! I recently bought some homemade soap at a Farmer's Market and loved it. I was thinking about trying my hand at it maybe. Is it very difficult?

Last edited by MetaChick; 10-17-2007 at 09:30 AM.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:52 AM   #62  
~Carrie~

S/C/G: 318/t/130

Height: 5'4"

Lindsey- Just calm down i'm sure his mother will love you. As for a gift I like the idea of the dry mix containers. I made homemade cocoa mix for my sisters for xmas last year and they loved them. When i get home i'll try to find the recipie for you. I just put them in square jars and tied some ribbon around them.
That is my advice but that doesn't neccesarily(sp?) mean anything being that i never had to meet a boyfriends rents before.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:52 AM   #63  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaChick View Post
Peggy...neat that you make soap! I recently bought some homemade soap at a Farmer's Market and loved it. I was thinking about trying my hand at it maybe. Is it very difficult?
Once you use homemade...you don't want to go back to store bought. It is easy in that the steps are not difficult, but it is a bit time consuming...but so worth it. The ones I make have olive oil, shea butter, coconut oil and palm oil as a base. I also only use essential oils and real herbs...so nothing synthetic.

Just google soapmaking. It is a a fun hobby that is for sure.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:52 AM   #64  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Ayah – I just posted on your intro thread, but wanted to welcome you here too! It sounds like you did great at your bosses’ day party. What about diet soda? The thing about getting your money’s worth is such a hard one, and makes me avoid buffets. That is great that you are getting back to the gym!

Annie – I hope you had a good meeting last night and are enjoying your sparkling bathrooms.

Battle – I looked up your condition, and OMG – wow. I have never heard of that, but boy does it sound scary. I don’t think I will ever let myself complain about my condition again ( I have uterine prolapsed which means I can’t do certain exercises like squats).

Carol – Congrats on the 2.75 down!

Midnight – First of all, self talk is very confirmatory. If you keep telling yourself you have no willpower you will probably end up proving yourself right. One thing I would say is from what you mentioned you ate, it sounds like all refined carbs. Eating lots of protein and fiber will help you feel full and stay full. I try never to eat a snack that doesn’t have some amount of protein. Also, this is a learning experience where we learn what works for us. Don’t expect to be perfect right out of the gate.

Lindsey – My feeling about the gift is that you want to be yourself and not do something that you wouldn’t normally do. If you aren’t crafty like that, why pretend to be because his mother is? Also, you might get yourself in trouble if she then starts asking you questions about crafting items.

Debbie – Nice hot soups work well on cold soggy nights. I hope you found something to help squelch your eating urges.

Rat – DDR is part of the reason I want to get a Wii. It sounds like so much fun.

Donna – I have to tell you a funny story about those punching dummies. When my ex and I first moved to our last apartment, there was a sporting store nearby that had one of those that they would wheel out front next to the road as a display. My ex and I had a running argument as to what it was. I knew that it was a punching dummy, but he was convinced that it was “something that football players hang their clothes on”. It was too funny! I finally found on online and proved to him what it was.

Peggy – I have never made my own soap, but I recently discovered this great store near my house called Lush that has great natural soaps. It is very dangerous - for my wallet that is!

I am pretty sore in my shoulders and back today from my weights workout yesterday. I wouldn’t say I exactly enjoy being sore, but at the same time it feels good to know I was really working things.

Tonight I am going out with a friend for a movie and a late dinner. I would love to be more social and need to figure out how to meet more people – something that I am not great at.

Do any of you watch Dancing With the Stars? I thought Jane Seymour looked so much like Zelma when she had the short hair last week.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:53 AM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotTheCheat View Post
Peggy – I have never made my own soap, but I recently discovered this great store near my house called Lush that has great natural soaps. It is very dangerous - for my wallet that is!
Oh Nancy...I KNOW it is expensive. You can make them yourself for a fraction of the cost and make whatever combinations you want to. It also is a good way of keeping your hands busy for a while. I make one that I love (and need to make MORE of) that is spearmint, peppermint and peru balsam (think vanilla). Just very soothing.

Now I REALLY want to break out my stuff and make some. lol
Old 10-17-2007, 02:14 PM   #66  
~Carrie~

S/C/G: 318/t/130

Height: 5'4"

I got to class a little earlier today so i got a good desk. Yay! I think i am going to do good tonight i have a lot of homework.
Nancy- thanks for the idea about protein and fiber. I'll have to try. Maybe i'll have an apple tonight. We got ones that are huge. I never saw any that big before and i wanted to see what they tasted like. apples have a lot of fiber right?
I'll try and do some exercise too. I think it might just go well tonight. we'll see though I don't want to jinx it. talk to you all again later.
p.s the soap making thing sounds cool i'll have to look in to it maybe that will help the friday boredom(sp?)
Old 10-17-2007, 02:32 PM   #67  
Reclaiming control!

S/C/G: 337/siggy/185

Height: 5'11

our bosses are all out of the office today in a conference, so in the spirit, one of my coworkers bought TWO huge boxes of doughnuts.

They are sitting on my desk, with the tops off so that everyone can come by and grab some.

I only 'tasted' like 1/100 of a piece (lol). I didnt get a whole one or even a half or a third of one. I am so proud. Everyone who has come by has said how tempting it must be to have it here, and I said 'no not really'!! Wow!!! I am so proud. I guess my desire to change really has come full circle
Old 10-17-2007, 03:09 PM   #68  

Eeeep Ayah! I couldn't have them on my desk! I'm a sucker for even a lousey donut (or cookie.. or cake.. bleh..too many weaknesses! lol).

We had cookies left over from a meeting yesterday and I got them off my desk this morning and into the "party cube" (empty cube in cubical world). The best way to get rid of something is send an email out to the local cube dwellers that there is food in the "party cube".

Toris, so way cool on the soap making! I used to take time to make candles and had a blast doing it. We are all such a talented bunch here, ya know?

Hugs and luv to all,
Rat
Old 10-17-2007, 04:51 PM   #69  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Mamab- LOL im really bad about it. if i have eaten a heavy meal the day before even i will drink a laxative tea to empty me out. i dont do it too often, but i do it. lol

Ammi - unfortunately i wont know. even the study group doesnt know. only the pharmaceuticle (sp) company knows.

Nancy - thanks! LOVE your new pic!

RK - Thanks! nothing really is going on. just waiting to go to Louisiana.

Annie - you are doing amazing yourself my dear!!

ok so i dont remember if i said anything about the new cupcake recipe i have, but its pretty good. basically you take a box of cake mix, a 15 of can of pumpkin, and 1/2 c of egg beaters. mix it together, and bake as directed. it took me about 10 extra mins than what the packaging said, but they are very dense and flavorful. i made red velvet. they arent too sweet. i also made an icing out of fat free cream cheese and splenda and vanilla. it tasted... fat free... but gave the cake that little extra sweetness. and with the holidays coming up, its a nice little 2 point treat (when you make 24 - even with the icing) one thing tho, they dont spread out like cakes made with oil do, so how you fill the cup is how they are going to come out
Old 10-17-2007, 04:55 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Hi All,

I’m late posting today, blame Pogo lol, I’ve been trying to get my badges I’m doing OK, but my skin infection if anything is getting worse despite it being 3 days since I started on the antibiotics. I am going to try to go see my doctor tomorrow and see if perhaps I can try an antibiotic cream or something as well. Let’s hope I can get an appt.

Catherine - so the big question is, did you get your delivery? I really hope you did, but if not then I look forward to hearing what you do/did about it

Peggy - aren’t NSVs just wonderful! I’m really glad those compliments made your day despite the fact you were feeling bloated and miserable

Great news too that the thyroid meds seem to be doing their job now

RK - yep I think it’s time you treated yourself to a shopping trip. I have the big hips, huge tummy apron, yet smaller top half problem and I find that as long as my pants have a bit of give, or a partially elastic waist band I can go for a size to fit my butt as well as my tummy!

Patti - I think you should take the rest of this week to fully recuperate. Take it easy and then on Monday you can hopefully start your exercising again feeling much better and energetic

Midnight - I bet you can’t wait to get your first pay cheque. Is it spent already? I know you have a load of exercise lined up to be bought

Val - sorry your PC isn’t working right now. I hope it won’t be too expensive to get if fixed so you can spend more time here with us

I hope you get to ride Gabe as planned. You’ll have to take photos so we can see the wonderful occasion

Nancy - I am loving your new avatar photo, you look so SKINNY and YOUNG, and I have to say you look a little mischievous too

I hope my infection goes quickly too, it doesn’t look promising though

They are showing the US Dancing With the Stars over here, and I love it. I nearly cried when that woman judge got all emotional talking about Jane’s dancing after losing her mum! I am such a sook I didn’t notice that Jane looked like Zelma when she had that wig on, I wish I could watch it again to see. I do remember thinking how odd it was to see her without her lovely long hair.

Ayah - I would definitely not call going to the gym, and being in control of what you eat and cutting back on the soda too just minor stuff! It’s a brilliant start to your diet and you should be proud of yourself

Annie - thankfully the cold doesn’t seem to want to happen so apart from my skin I am feeling OK. I didn’t have much energy today but I did get my exercise done. I’m glad you liked your work out at the gym with the new machine for your shoulders, tummy and most importantly those bat wings. I hate mine I really do, but not as much as my tummy

BattleAx - oh my goodness what an horrendous health problem you have. To go into anaphylactic shock when you exercise sometimes must be so terrible. I mean at least people who have that kind of problem with nuts or bees can avoid them. But a dieter really can’t avoid exercise. Kudos to you my friend for having the guts to carry on exercising knowing the risks. Do you exercise with the phone close so you can ring for help if need be? Or can you use one of those adrenalin pens that people with allergies to bees or nuts carry with them?

I was reading what you said to Sharon about not putting your real name on here and how you took your photo off. I can understand all that, but I just wanted to say that I remember your photo and I miss seeing your lovely smiling face

Carol - that’s great news that your WI went so well. 2.75 lbs down, how great is that!!!

Lindsey - I see you have already been told about the difference between counted cross stitch and the stamped one. I’ve done both and have to admit I prefer the counted cross stitch. I love the sound of the one you have bought to do for your BFs parents. I think it’s a lovely idea and I am sure they will appreciate the effort you put into it especially as you’ve never done one before. One suggestion I have that may solve the problem brought up by somebody about his parents perhaps not wanting to put the cross stitch on display because it may not suit what they have, is to buy one of those cards with the cut out for you to mount the cross stitch in. If you buy one of those it makes it into a very special greeting card that they can put on display for a short time before storing it away if they choose to. If they love it so much and want to keep it on display they can put it in a frame and it will look lovely.

Debbie - sorry you aren’t having a great OP day. I hope you can at least get your exercise done today, that will make you feel better about perhaps not staying 100% OP

Donna - aw what a shame that guy with Slammy isn’t your hubby, unless of course your hubby is even better than that

I loved hearing about that blanket you are supposed to be doing for your great nephew. That makes me feel so much better about a jumper/sweater I started knitting for Daren about 3 years ago. I have the front, and one sleeve done but nothing else

OK Pogo is calling lol, gotta run, bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 10-17-2007, 05:04 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Ammi: I carry the epi pen with me (same as what others carry for bee stings), along wit Benadryl tablets. I will take Benadryl (antihistamine) when I'm feeling there may be a problem, or am exercising at any other time during the day. Benadryl will prevent the problem or lessen its severity. I don't like to take them because they cause drowsiness, which is another reason for getting out first thing in the morning when there is less chance I'll need it.

I know it sounds horrible and scary, but for the most part I just carry on with my precautions in place.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:37 PM   #72  
banned

lindsey - LOL RELAX!!!! first off, just RELAX! if you go into it all stressed out you arent going to make the impression you want. just be yourself. i dont know about making something to be put on display for several reasons - it may not match the decor, if its something she already does she may not appreciate the handiwork, and if it doesnt work out, you put a week into a cross stitch for nothing

i would just go, have a good time, relax, be helpful, but not overbearing, be pleasant, and most importantly be yourself . my ex's mom once told me that she didnt like getting gifts from the boys girlfriends, because she felt like she was being bought.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:53 PM   #73  
banned

also, what happened on TBL last night? my DVR decided to change the rankings so i didnt get it (got Good Eats instead) lol
Old 10-17-2007, 07:57 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Battle: I'm glad that you have something you carry with you in case of anaphylaxis. Sounds scary to me. Hugs.

GGGirls: Yipee on another -2.75 pounds. You are doing great.

Midnight: I hope you can get your night snacking under control. Maybe take up a hobby like knitting or something to keep your fingers busy.

Lindsey: I think you got great advice here about the gift for your boyfriend's mom. Just be yourself and there is no way they won't love you.

Debbie: I hope it stops raining a bit so you can get your lawn mowed.

Donna: I want a slammy. lol.

Nancy: I had a great meeting last night and I always learn so much of what I am supposed to do or not do. lol. Have fun at the movie and dinner with your friend.

Luan: Thanks for the recipe. It sounded good until I read your review of it tasting.... Fat free. lol.

Ammi: So sorry that your skin infection is getting worse. Hugs to you and I'll be praying that you get a Dr. appointment asap. Maybe it is something you are eating? Have you been eating anything different in the past month or so?

Well, My DH and Dad came back from Pritchard early because my Dad had a asthma attack pretty bad. They decided to be closer to home and just deer hunt this year so they will be coming home every night now. I am glad to have them but sorry for the circumstances.

I got a call from one of the places that I applied for a job. They had given me an interview on Friday but someone "in house" decided to take that position so she called to see if I would be interested in the position that the other girl would be leaving. It is much more pay and a saleried position. It is in the social work field and I am thrilled to be considered for an interview on just my resume and cover letter that I sent to them. She said it will take a couple of weeks to get it posted and set up an interview for me. I hope they are serious because I am excited and thirlled at the prospect of having a job where the sole purpose is to help other people in their lives.

Well, Off to feed my doggies their dinner now. I hope you are all doing well and being op.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 10-17-2007, 08:15 PM   #75  

thanks Ammie i am doing just that taking it easy but come monday i will be in full swing again.. i have been amusing myself by ordering halloween decorations... am i bad or what ? lol!
Closed Thread