Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 08:23 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Sandy, congrats on the grand daughter, post some pics SOON!!! Hope mum & baby are bioth well & getting plenty of sleep!xxxxx
Ratkitty, well those trousers you had on AND the top didn't do much for you being so baggy but I didn't think they were THAT bad!!lol I'm sure we all have pictures like that, at best put it on the fridge to keep you away from fatty stuff, at worst put it in a box away from sight!lolxxxxxx
Brandnew, glad your new Dr is nice & things are looking up medically/healthwise.xxxxxx
Story sorry about the aches, it must be the time of year, I was in a lot of pain around my hips (hormonal stuff) and back & I don't have a history of joint problems! WTG on the loss, anything DOWN is GOOD!!xxxxxx
Lindsey, great on the relationship, you will have to start going for romantic Autumn walks instead of meals, lol! xxxxxxxx
Midnight I have a band too, I looked at your link & I'll try some of them. I have a dvd Ammi sent me which includes some bandwork & I love it the way you can make it harder or easier without having to mess around the way you do with weights. It gets easier & if you can find some good dvd/videos it's actually FUN!!!xxxxxx
Annie you go steady with that mower!!! it's so easy to get carried away in the garden & wake up the next day hardly able to move!! How long are you on protein shakes & do you have much 'solid' food yet? I'm struggling quite a bit at the mo.xxxxxx
Dolfin I'm so glad you're recovering well & getting back into exercise & healthy eating, carbs are the Devil's invention!xxxxxx
Battleaxe, I enjoy morning exercise too! Do you have a 'real' name I can use, I hate calling you Battleaxe, it seems so cruel!xxxxx
Lesley/litchick, how's work going? I too am struggling, here's to sucess & a renewal of resolve!xxxxxx
Gggirls good luck for the weigh-in.xxxxxx
I'm having a cr*ppy time, feeling really low, eating bad stuff & generally being grumpy, gained 4 lbs which is crazy as I'm only having at most 1000 cals a day (I'm on a liquid diet-500 cals approx) including my shakes, I'm good all day til the boys are in bed. Looks like I'll either have to tape my mouth shut or go to bed at the same time as them -7.30pm, lol!
xxxxxxxsharon
ps Ammi, I'll look for you on MSN tonightxxxxx

Last edited by voodoo1; 10-16-2007 at 08:25 AM.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:24 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 380/Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!

Well I didn't get to smack Slammy around yesterday because first Doug woke up and wouldn't get out of the way, and then when he went upstairs I was getting the gloves out and the Prince came down to get in the way. So that went by the wayside yesterday. But the good news is that I decided to do it before I jumped on the computer today. I got the 5 minutes done, which was 313 punches. Yay me. I know it's lame, but baby steps, right?

Ammi: I hope your skin infection is getting better. There was a show on TV about that "downside" of NHC, but it's really important to have healthcare no matter what, and sheesh, it's hard enough to get an appointment here anyway-even with insurance! I wish the good ol' USA would take pointers from the other countries that have it and maybe try something like it. At least for the children and elderly if not for everyone.

Annie: With all the exercise you do, I doubt that it would take long for you to be a boxer! It's your good heart that I could see getting in your way. But then again, I "pity the fool" that would mess with you!!
What type of job are you looking for? I think anyone that met you and your sweet personality would be falling over themselves to give you a job!

Catherine: I hope you are feeling better today. Maybe you need a little "Jewish penicillin"!! What is your avatar pic of? You didn't bury "himself" in the ground, did you?? I would love to see a picture of your dress.

Midnight: Sorry about the desk. I work in the Middle School, and before I was the Greeter(really is a fancy name for the front desk receptionist), I was a Hall/Bathroom monitor(which, in my opinion, was 2 years of total ****!!!) and we had to sit in the same type of desk as the students. I can't tell you how many pairs of jeans I ripped trying to fit my butt in one of those chairs.

Battle: There is something called the "Wendie Plan" for WW that has you eating different pts (or calories) for each day. This is supposed to trick your metabolism and is good for plateaus. It sounds like you have done that a little bit, and I think it works. I found it on the WW thread. I too am looking for a way to find a little more control-especially when I am at home.

Nancy: The article made me think that too much multi-tasking can jeopardize even our best efforts! Too bad, because I think that in this day and age, that's all that we do. Maybe that's why I am struggling to stay OP...now that's something I can truly blame on Doug and the kids!!!

RK: Come on...look at how droopy your pants are!! Where is that hiney??? I think you look great!! Now if we could just see your face....I like to see what my friends look like!!

Lindsay: Ah, new love . Everything does go out the window when a new boyfriend is around!! Enjoy it, he sounds great. (Jewish men make great husbands!! )

gggirls: on the WI!!

Story: I am sorry you are still having back issues. At least your nails look pretty!

Debbie: Oooooo...I love lavender. That is a pretty color for a bathroom!

Brandnewme: I am glad you found a Dr. that you like. I think that is the most important thing to keep you comming back. She sounds wonderful. I am so happy your leg is getting better.

Luan: I feel exactly the same way...if I forget to WI before I eat (or go to the bathroom!), I wait until the next day. Glad to see I am not the only nutty one!!

And most importantly...

Sandy: and to Baby Alexis

Have a Great Day!!!
Old 10-16-2007, 09:30 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 380/Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Oh yeah...I almost forgot...

Xena: There is a woman I work with that has won a luncheon in a charity auction, with Constantine!! She goes with 3 of her friends in a Limo on Friday to meet him. I will fill you in next week.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:46 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hi All,

It’s a wet, grey day in not so sunny Wales, my blotches/infection hurts and that cold is still threatening to strike. BUT other than that I’m great I’ve done my exercise, and all my chores have been done, so yay

Annie - Did you make it to the gym? Are you still working out with the trainer? I’m sorry you don’t feel the energy you need to be able to exercise like you used to. That will come in time, after all it’s really not been that long since you had the surgery. Look at you just itching to work out like a mad woman, the Annie of old has well and truly left the building

Catherine - I’m glad you are starting to feel better and got a good night’s sleep. I hope you carry on improving and are back to 100% ASAP

Midnight - couldn’t somebody have swapped seats with you, or didn’t you let on that you were having problems and discomfort with that desk? I’m really sorry that had to happen, but just focus on a few weeks or months down the line when you will go to that same desk and slide on in there with ease.

No joy with a quick appt for the dermatologist I’m afraid. 3 months is the earliest they will see me, unless I can get my doctor to do some sweet talking. I am sure she will try, so that it gets me a quicker appt.

I think your mum and you will enjoy those WATP DVDs and how cool is that that you have seen a box set of 3 with the weights too. I hope you do get to buy them and enjoy them.

BattleAx - It’s no surprise you over ate at the Raclette, all that yummy food on offer would have tempted a saint!! You are back OP now, with a small gain, but it won’t be long until that’s gone again, especially if it’s mainly due to the salt in what you ate.

RK - ouchies, now I see why it’s a good idea to ALWAYS wear shoes on a treadmill. Thanks for explaining. My daughter is one for trying to exercise without shoes and I know if we had a treadmill she’d try to use it without shoes, so that’s one good thing about not having one, she’s not tempted and won’t end up with poorly feet!

As for those photos of you, I think they were more unflattering than they would have been purely because you aren’t in fitting clothes. I know all about having to buy big t-shirts to fit my hips and then have them fall off my shoulders, they are so annoying aren’t they! Baggy top or not, I bet if you had some tight jeans on, or at least better fitting pants you would have looked smaller than that photo makes you look. Don’t be too disheartened. You already know that if you had any pictures from your heaviest weight you’d be even more upset about those, it’s a shame you don’t have any because you could compare and realise your new ones are pretty darn good. Your next ones will be even better, so yep, definitely use those latest photos as motivation to keep on losing

Lindsey - when I first met Daren he used to love to cook and he made me such delicious meals, I am sure I put on 20 lbs in a month!! Love is fabulous for the heart, but not so good on the waist line Mind you, you’ve not gained weight so you must be doing something right!! Good for you

Good luck with that paper you had to finish.

Vicki - you are doing great with your walking now you have been given the go ahead from the doctor. You’ll be in Mexico in no time

Lesley - with getting back OP. We all know how difficult it is, and as you know I’ve only just managed it. You can do it

Somebody told me recently that it’s best to exercise as early in your day as you can because that way you never feel resentful that you still have to do it, that something has to wait while you get it done etc. So if you can do it first thing it’s done, out of the way and the rest of the day is yours to spend how you wish.

Sandy - on the new baby. I hope you have managed to catch up on your sleep, and I will be looking forward to seeing some photos of little Alexis Renee

GGGirls - with your WI today, I really hope you see a good result on the scales.

How are your feet now? I can’t believe the mess a treadmill can make on them just because you don’t wear shoes, OUCH. I hope you aren’t in too much pain, can you even walk on them??

Story - well done on being another lb down and being the lightest you have been since you were a teenager. That’s quite an achievement. I’m glad that your overwhelming feeling about it is joy, and I am sure you will work through those other emotions bubbling under the surface

I’m sorry you are still in pain, and it’ll be just awful if a lot of it is to do with arthritis. Have you tried something called Fentynol Patches? A friend of mine’s mother was in terrible pain with arthritis, she was prescribed the patches and she is so much better since.

Debbie - maybe you should do your exercise in the morning so that you can enjoy spending the rest of you day working on your banks and the house DIY without having to stop to exercise? I try to do half an hour on the bike or the Gazelle before breakfast, then half an hour after it I do a couple of work out DVDs. I love knowing it’s all done and dusted until tomorrow

Brandnewme - that’s great news that you are really liking your new doctor, she certainly sounds like she knows what she’s doing and is helping you to feel better already by sorting out your Synthroid medication. I am glad that you aren’t feeling as tired now, and hopefully you will even end up feeling a little energetic soon

Sorry to hear about your DH being laid off, will he get his hours back when the summer months roll around again? Until then I hope you’ll manage financially and that you have some joy with some of those jobs you applied for. Is DH working full time at the fast food places?

Luan - great news about being 5 lbs down Will you ever find out if you are on the real meds or the placebo??

Sharon - I looked for you on MSN yesterday were you feeling too down to chat? I hope you will be online today? I’m sorry you are struggling with being OP but you haven’t been feeling well have you, and I don’t care what anybody says it’s just too hard sometimes to even think of dieting when you are under the weather

Donna - I hear you on the health care thing. I have friends in the USA who have to wash out DISPOSABLE ostomy bags because they can’t get insurance or their insurance will only cover so many boxes of bags and they have to wash the bags out to make them last. Other friends end up with terrible skin irritation and burning from having to wear the bags for as long as possible only to find that there has been a leak under the base plate that sticks to the body, and I just want to cry for them. So yes, we have long waiting lists, we even have dirty hospitals full of MRSA in some places, but at least we are given the care we need and the supplies we need. I don’t live there but I TOO wish the USA would get some NHC.

No change on the skin infection but I’m only on the second day of the meds so hopefully it will kick in soon

OOOOH I can’t wait til you tell us how your friends lunch date with Constantine goes. I wonder if he’s as nice in person as he is good looking

Okie dokie, got to run now. I’ll try to pop back later.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 10-16-2007, 10:17 AM   #35  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I only slept 2 hours last night. To say I'm cranky is an understatement. I stayed home all day yesterday to get a delivery from Purolator. I was concerned because we always have a horrific time with them. FedEx and UPS are no problem, but Purolator will not deliver to apartments for some reason. They always want you to drive out to their depot to pick it up. I even put a huge sign on the door hoping the driver would see it as he drove quickly by. We don't have a car, and their depot is way on the west side of town, 3 bus transfers and about an hour 1 way. They are being paid to deliver, so I think they should do the job they are being paid to do. We both talked to the dispatcher, and her supervisor without moving them an inch. This morning, I called Dell. They are the ones paying these idiots. They told Dell that they just needed to double check our address, and of course they will deliver today, no problem. We'll see. I was prepared to spray paint on a king size sheet, "Purolator, Please Deliver My Package" and hang it on the front of the building. That would get a picture in the newspaper at the very least. They just so underestimate me. Here I am, still sick, and with raging PMS, and they are trying my patience. Don't mess with Fat Chicks. We don't fight fair.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:24 AM   #36  

Height: 5'6"

Just checking in REALLY fast here. All is well...just BUSY!! I stayed the same this week but with TOM making an appearance it was to be expected. I had a GREAT NSV this week. I had a meeting for the Board I am on for a club I belong to and when I walked in the room 3 people said "Wow! You look great!" So even if TOM was making me feel bloated and miserable...I was looking OK! Thyroid meds continue to be good. I am feeling my old self again...only lighter!! Loving it!

I *had* to make this one personal....

RK - You are looking GREAT! You are wearing clothes in those photos that you should have stopped wearing 20 lbs ago. As my dear hubby says "How can anyone tell you have lost weight when you are wearing clothes that swim on you?!?!" You can see that the pants are all bunched up in your bum area making it look like you are heavier than you are. I know it is hard to spend when you hope to lose more...but c'mon...YOU are soooo worth spending a few $$$ on to make you look and FEEL better about yourself!! I hit ebay and buy nice quality gently used stuff for CHEAP!! I also hit the stores and by stuff here and there.

Before you think I am being too hard on ya, I will admit that this weekend while doing chores, I was walking around my house/yard with size 28 sweatpants (so much ROOMIER than they were this time last year LOL!) with a 3X mens tshirt down to my knees with a 3X sweat shirt over it. Hubby commented "Thats quite the look you have going there...is it the latest in baglady chic?" I *know* I should toss this stuff...but shoot...its getting COLD and I can REALLY put layers on now. So, I can relate....but I am trying to replace all of this stuff and not hide behind the big clothes.

Hope you know what I am trying to say...

Hi to everyone else...I must dash!!
Old 10-16-2007, 10:26 AM   #37  

G'morning my Peeps,

w00h00, Lindsey! Good job on not gaining anything. Too cute about you and your new love.

Midnight, good job with getting all those exercise bands! Staying in the groove of exercising is hard for me, but these ladies keep me going Bah for the desk.. been there, done that, got the scars and ripped britches. It will get better, I promise!

Annie, your body is still recovering.. give it a break! With that said, it's wonderful that you are chomping at the bit and ready to move more. Careful about the yardwork.. hehe.. I've done a days worth of work like that and couldn't move the next.

Vicki, just total your minutes like you do for the exercise thread. Calculate the time it takes for you to "drive" to Mexico and start subtracting! First one there sets up the Fiesta to encourage the others Excellent on your low carbs!!

Lit, I understand the excuses not to exercise (too tired, too busy, don't wanna, TOM, etc). Just 10 minutes (baby steps) will help. When I'm off track, I can only add one thing back at a time. My mind gets blown too easily when I try to come to a screeching halt mid-bad habit.

Battle, w00h00 an early morning exerciser. I have tried SOOOOO hard to do that, but just don't have the coordination needed in the mornings. I understand the "okayness" of overdoing one day, but I also understand the feelings of guilt and that I did something "wrong" at the same time. Somehow, there has to be a balance, right?

Sandy, congrats on little Alexis!!! Hugs and Luv to you and the family. Get some rest.

GGG, you are so funny. Can't wait to wake up on WI day! You are doing fabulous!! I know I'm too hard on myself with pictures, but the photograph of myself in my head is soooo different than the one I see.. hehe. I was hoping for a chunky version of Angelina Jo Lee! *sigh*

Story, w00h00 on another pound. You are doing so great despite your pain. You continue to lose weight and do what you can. That is inspiration in itself. Keep it up! (the weight loss, not the pain..ack)

Deb, yup, tis gonna be a loooooong trip to Mexico. I'm thinking of putting up Antonio Banderas' picture on my frig to inspire me!

BrandNew, good deal about your new doc. My fingers are crossed that clearing up your thyroid will get rid of the heart crap. Sorry to hear of DH's winter layoff. Financial stuff is always a stresser.

Luan, stop that lurking thing and post more about the cool stuff you are working on! Congoratz for zapping 5 lbs. Oooooo, weighing in after eating is taboo for me too. hehe

Sharon, yes, I agree.. carbs are my devil! Specific ones, however. I understand about going to bed early so I don't eat when I'm out of points (WW).. ugh!! Yes, those pants are baggy in my legs and flat butt, however, they fit over my stupid apron/middle and hips. Bleh! hehe. I'm thinking that picture will be an inspiration! If anything, I know I need new clothes.

MamaB, I love the idea of Slammyman!! 313 punches isn't a baby step, darling. I know I'd be hurting if I did that many!! Oooo thank you for telling me I looked great in that picture. I really wanted to cry when I saw it. I think there's a face pict in the series. I'll upload that one tonight.

Ammi, yay for the exercises!! Booo for the skin troubles. I'm so sorry to hear it's still plaguing you. I do have one or 2 at my heaviest weight (frontal view), but not a full rear shot like that (suppresses the urge to joke about wide angle lenses..hehe). The more I think about it, the more I know it's time to go shopping for clothes.

Okee dokee.. time to head out to my next meeting. Today is a busy day and that's good. Keeps me out of trouble (mostly).

Hugs and Luv.. thanks all for helping me with my warped picture view!

Luv,
Ratkity
Old 10-16-2007, 10:28 AM   #38  

Ugh.. I'm gonna be late for my meeting, but had to comment...

Catherine.. you get em girl! Feel better faster, ok? Sorry TOM is there making you miserable.

Toris.. thank you babe! You are so right. I'm worth it.. time to go clothes shopping!

Luv,
RK
Old 10-16-2007, 11:50 AM   #39  

just wanted to say hello to everyone.. still feeling very rundown this week... guess my immune systen was really down! anyways i hope to be fully up and running by tomorrow for sure!
Old 10-16-2007, 12:56 PM   #40  
~Carrie~

S/C/G: 318/t/130

Height: 5'4"

Hopefully I won't have to deal with the desk next time. Thanks for all the support.
The bands that the article uses look like chords. I have flat pieces of plasticy stuff that has no handles. You need the handles.
I was a little bad last nite with dinner. I had to much and then i snacked. But i didn't snack that much and it wasn't really that bad for me. i think. But anyways today is new day. I also have work so maybe that will help keep me out of trouble. I can't wait to get paid lol i have been working there for a month and a half and this is the first time i get paid due to paperwork mess ups.
Congrats on the gandbaby sandy.
Well I gotta go try to get some sleep before work. I am really tired I stayed up doing homework last night and i didn't even finnish. Well ta ta for now i will probably come back on later.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:17 PM   #41  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Friends! My computer is temporarily (I hope) ka-put and I'm only able to briefly scan posts on my lunch break. I'm still lurking tho - always happy to cheer your successes and draw motivation from your determination and commitment.

Heather - wudya mean, "Go Red Sox"???
*** GO INDIANS!!! ***

Catherine - I'm keeping my head low, and you aren't even mad at me! I hope, for his sake, that the Puralator guy comes thru with your package!

Sandy - Congrats! Kiss the new baby for me!!!

Sharon - The plan is for me to ride Gabriel on Thursday night. He's been doing AWESOME at the trainer's place, and it's time for me to quite watching from the sidelines like the sissy I am, and jump up there myself. If you don't hear from me on Friday, then he probably had other ideas.

Hugs to the 3FC troups!

Last edited by NoLifeWithoutHorses; 10-16-2007 at 01:18 PM.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:01 PM   #42  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Midnight – When I was in school I never fit in the desks if they were attached. I went and found another chair in another classroom and would drag it all the way across the building if I had to. I hope you don’t have the same problem in the future, but if you do, please demand your right to be comfortable in class! I am sure you are paying enough to be there that you deserve it.

Rat – I agree with the others about the loose clothing. I feel uncomfortable wearing more fitted things, yet I know they look SO MUCH better on me than the loose things. Also, we really are most critical of ourselves. Do you have any from behind pictures of yourself at your highest weight that you could compare? I am “lucky” (I am using that word in half jest) that my ex liked to take pictures of me from behind so I have plenty to compare to.

Rabid – Before I forget, that restaurant you mentioned before seemed SO COOL. I would LOVE to have something like that around me.

Peggy – That is great that people are noticing!

Catherine – That is insane that Purolator, when they are supposed to deliver straight to your door, pulls that kind of crap. You have every right to complain.

oops - I appear to have messed up my color scheme here - sorry!

Ammi – I hope your infection goes away soon! That sounds so miserable!

Donna – That slammy thing sounds so cool. I have days that I would LOVE to have something to beat up.

Sharon – Sorry to hear you are feeling grumpy. Maybe your could relax in the bath with a good book or something? It would be hard to eat in there.

Luan – Congrats on being down 5 pounds this month – that is great!

Brandnewme – I am THRILLED to hear that you love your new doctor. It is so important to work with someone who treats you right. I hope the synthyroid clears up most of your problems. That would be so amazing if it turned out not to be your heart.

Debbie – I am also finding exercise to be more chore like than usual. I hope we both get inspired with some new zeal.

TheStory – That is so cool that you are now in adult virgin fat territory.

Gggirls – I hope your weigh in went well!

Sandy – Congrats on the grandbaby! Yes – we want pics!!

Battle – That is so great that you get up from bed buzzing to exercise. I truly wish I could be a morning buzzer. Maybe someday. . . .

Lesley – I go to the gym straight after work. I know if I went home first there would probably be no way. If course I am really lucky that my gym is right in my building. The important thing is finding what works for you.

Vicki – Math wise, the easiest way to do it is to add the two days together – 11.4 laps, and divide by 4, which comes out to 2.85 miles – so a bit more than 2 ¾. What is all this about Mexico?

Annie – Good luck on the job hunt! I hope you find something fulfilling and enjoyable.

Lindsey – That is so cool that things are going so well with the new guy!

Meta – Thanks for that link. I do believe that most things are expandable by usage. I found the fact that it had to do with heart rate very interesting. I know that my resting heart rate has gone way down since I have started exercising. That is very cool to think that my increased capacity for cardio helps my overall stress system – including the part which works with denying myself things my brain wants. Very interesting. . .

Brenda – I am so sorry you had such a rough week last week. Let us know how you are doing!

Angie – I forgot to thank you for the compliment on the last thread. I am actually starting to feel pretty some days. Of course that brings up all kinds of other emotions that I need to work through, but I knew that was inevitable. I am glad to hear that some of your stress is falling away. Maybe you can go get yourself a massage or something to really help out the process.

Deb – Isn’t it almost time for the wedding? Is it this weekend?

Valerie – Sorry to hear you are having computer troubles. You will do great riding Gabrial on Thursday!

I changed my picture again to one I took a week or so ago in my kitchen. Recently I have been spending too much time playing a new video game I got. I swear they are like crack for me. It made me remember the fact that I said that I would make my reward for hitting 100 pounds a Wii. I think I will stick with this and go ahead and get myself one. My coworker used to have one for sale, but she doesn’t any longer. I think if I am going to spend my time playing games, that at least I should be active while I am doing it. Also, knowing how hooked into them I can get that could be a whole lot of extra exercise!

I have been having a harder time motivating myself to exercise lately. I went another weekend without doing anything. I did chores and things, but no structured exercise. I need to find something else that I really enjoy doing so that I don’t have to search for motivation.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:02 PM   #43  
Reclaiming control!

S/C/G: 337/siggy/185

Height: 5'11

Default newbie

Hi, I'm new here. I posted an intro in the introductions forum on yesterday (i believe). I am re-starting my journey as of this past Sunday. Enough is enough, and I hope that I can stick with it.

I am so proud of myself just now because I have no control (well i should say HAD) with not overeating. Well we just went out to a Bosses Day luncheon at an Asian restaurant, and I stopped eating the FIRST time I felt the urge to! I still have like 2/3s of my lunch left that I can eat either tonight (probably won't) or tomorrow! Also, I am bad with soda. I normally drink several a day. And at a restaurant -- I sure get my money's worth in refills. Well at lunch today, I did have one cup of soda but surprisingly that was it. I didn't go back for any refills or anything.

yaay for me! I went to the gym last night for the first time in a year. I am planning to go again tonight. I know this is pretty minor stuff but for me i am very proud.

~Ayah
Old 10-16-2007, 05:03 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Brandnewme: Sorry about your hubbies job ending. I hope it is a temporary thing. Good luck finding something yourself. I'm glad that you seem to be doing better sweetie.

Luan: Yippe for your loosing 5 more pounds. Keep on going hun.

Ratkitten: The pics are not nearly as bad as you think they are. Hugs. I have to agree. The pants look wayyyyy to big for your fanny!

Sharon: Sorry that you are struggling right now. I have to be on the protein shakes as supliments until I can manage to eat enough protein in one day without having to drink a shake. I don't see that happening for quite a while as I can not eat much at one time. lol.

Donna: Glad that you got to "play with slammy". It sounds like so much fun. I am looking for administrative assistant work. I have tons of applications in everywhere around here. I just need to be patient and wait for them to call. Not my best feature I have to admit. lol.

Ammi: I'm so sorry hun that you are hurting. I hope you don't go into a full on cold. Hugs to you. I workout with the trainer on Tuesdays and Thursdays and today my trainer was on vacation for the week so I worked out with a man. He was nice. I got to use a new machine for my shoulders, tummy and batwing arms. lol. I actually liked that machine the best out of all of them. I have been working in my yard very hard so I am counting that as exercise and I haven't made it to the other gym again yet. I am not going to beat myself up over it though because I am so worn out and chores are working my butt too. lol.

Catherine: I hope you get your new computer today. How exciting. I love getting things in the mail. lol. I hope you feel better soon too.

Peggy: Great NSV. It is so nice when we see people that we haven't seen in a while and they notice our hard work. Hugs.

Patti: Hang in there sweetie. Hugs.

Midnight: Yea for payday!!

Val: I hope they put you on Gabe. You are so lucky. Please have someone take a photo of you if they do.

Nancy: your new photo sure shows your weight loss. You are looking great. You are so close to that 100 pound mark. I am rooting for you hun.

vicki: You are doing so great. Keep up the good work.

Lesley: Come on sweetie. I know you can do this. Think about all the benefits of loosing weight. You can do it.Hugs.

Battle: Hi there.

Sandy: Congrats on your new baby Alexis! How exciting.

gggirls: Good luck with your weigh in.

Storey: Yeah to another -1. Sorry that you are in so much pain. I was in lots of pain too then I started to swim. It has helped me more than I can say. Maybe you could give it a try.

Debbie: I managed to finish mowing my back yard today. I went and got some more gas in our can and whipped out the rest of the lawn in about 20 minutes. We have a really big yard. It is about 1/3 acre in the back which is a lot of lawn to mow when you don't have lots of energy or a riding lawn mower. lol. Now, it can rain or snow. lol. The yard is clean and I am ready for it. I love every season and I am ready for it to be chilly. You better get to moving. I don't want you to get lost in the desert. Heck, the Southern part of Washington is barren enough. lol.

mybodyis mytemple: Welcome. I hope you enjoy coming here. Everyone is so sweet and caring.

Well, I am procrastingating cleaning my bathrooms. lol. They aren't bad just time to clean them. It has been exactly one week since I cleaned them last. I may rest the rest of the afternoon, shower and go to my group therapy meeting then come home and clean the bathrooms. I can sleep in some tomorrow so that sounds like a plan to me. I hope you are all doing well and having great op days.
Blessings,
Annie
Old 10-16-2007, 05:22 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Hi all,

Doing ok today. It's a rainy day here, which I like sometimes.

About my morning exercise, about 4 years ago I started to exercise in the mornings, but it was hit or miss. It took hold when I decided to walk to work as a way to get in some exercise without having to fit in a separate session somewhere in my day. I was trying to solve the problem of finding excuses not to exercise because I was busy, tired, etc., so getting myself to work in the course of exercising seemed like a good way to go. My office at the time was a 35-40 minute walk away. I learned that I felt *fabulous* upon arriving for work....and it saved gas, and I didn't have to fit in a separate exercise session.

Then a small problem that had been brewing with my health got a lot worse. I have exercise-induced anaphylaxis. I also have idiopathic anaphylaxis, which means they don't know what it means, basically--seemingly anything can trigger an episode when a day earlier the same thing would not have. Anaphylaxis is the same reaction one gets when allergic to bees or peanuts. It is life-threatening, but it took a couple of sessions of almost dying before I took it seriously.

The doctor told me to stop exercising. I thought that was a terrible idea, it was trading one set of health problems for another, both leading to death. I have long been the type that must exercise or I simply cannot function. I feel like a zombie. The doctor then insisted that I only exercise with someone else who could monitor me. Well, living alone, that was not going to work, either.

In my estimation, it is better to risk an attack but be healthy every day than to feel like I'm all but dead every day and only cut the risk a bit, since I still have attacks without exercising.

For some reason, I have way fewer problems in the morning, with nothing in my stomach. That is why, combined with the realization that morning exercise helps me feel great all day and leaves much of the excuse-making behind, I exercise in the morning.

Even still, there are some days I don't.want.to.exercise. They're my whaaaaa-I-dont-wanna whaaaaaaaaa days. I had one today. So I made a bargain to do 15 minutes of pilates. I also give myself up to 2 rest days a week. A 7-day commitment is setting myself up for failure, but 5 is very do-able no matter what is going on in my life.

Ratkitten: OMG go out and buy yourself some new clothes that look good and flatter your smaller shape! That picture screams "I don't deserve nice clothes." Honestly, that is the only thing wrong in the picture. When you have one decent outfit to wear, casual or business, that is of reasonable quality and hugs your form more closely, have someone snap a piccie of you and post it here. You'll be amazed, honestly.

Sharon: I'm sorry you are feeling poorly. Today is another day to do better staying OP. I know you can do it. Re the name, I used to have my pic up as well as my name (I think), but I felt odd about posting so many details of my life for anyone to see. I'd rather be more anonymous to the public and be able to bare my soul here on the board. I'll be glad to tell you all my name in a PM, but I just don't want it out there...for now. I hope you understand.

Donna: 300+ punches for the 300+ board! Good job.

I never heard of the Wendie plan until coming here, but it is interesting. I mix up my calories all the time, and I think it does help weight loss. I didn't know that going in, it was more to do with matching my style and ups and downs in appetite to a plan that was flexible enough to handle the fluctuations.

I agree that Catherine should have some Jewish penicillin. There's nothing like it in the world.

Brandnew: Yay! I'm happy you feel good about your new doctor, and that she treated you well and with respect. You sound more upbeat than you have a in a long while.

Sandy: congratulations on the birth. Your SD is lucky to have you in her life.

About your job, my advice is also to complain about her. You do need to go on the offensive. Do not let her get the best of you or be the first one to get to the big bosses or HR.

Story: Congrats on - 1 lb and being thinner than you have been in years. Yay! That must feel spectacular.

Midnight: Hope you got some rest.

Luan: Yippee on losing 5 lbs. You're doing great.

Valerie: Hugs right back at ya!

Nancy: You look wonderful in your new picture. I can see the fat melting off your face, neck, and shoulders. Wow. (I know it's hardly *melting* off of you, but that's how it seems!).

Hugs to everyone I didn't greet personally.
Closed Thread