Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 04:27 PM   #16  

Alas my peeps! I just saw a picture of me at our dept picnic (it was a behind shot of me decapitating a pinata.. lots of fun). I almost cried seeing that rear end pict. I feel I've worked so hard over the past 3 years just to see a picture of me looking as bottom-heavy as I ever have. I know that people who lose large amounts of weight have more on their hips and tailend than a normal person. My "apron" doesn't help the illusion. I've considered myself lucky that my thighs aren't holding a lot of that skin. *sigh* I was wearing a way too big shirt at the time as well because I have such huge hips. It falls off at the shoulders, but has just enough width to go around my hips. BLEH! I'm not sure whether to be depressed or motivated. All I can think of is "if that's what I look like at 234 lbs, what in hades did I look like at 350?!". Of course, there are no pictures of me at that angle from that time period. Good thing too cuz I'm not sure my heart could take it. I'll post the shot when I get home.

Hugs and Luv,
Rat
Old 10-15-2007, 05:04 PM   #17  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

Hey everyone!

I haven't had any spare time to post here, and I still really don't (big paper due tomorrow that I need desperately to work on) but I just wanted to pop in and say hi and let you know I haven't fallen off of the face of the earth, although my eating sure has. The previously mentioned boyfriend and I are doing well and have been "going steady" (how cheesy... :P) for a couple of weeks now. He takes me to nice restaurant after nice restaurant and it seems like it's an endless blur of creme brulee and pasta with rich cream sauces... haha. I did a lot better this weekend though and luckily I haven't gained anything! Now for me to actually LOSE something... haha.

Hope everyone here is doing well! Keep on moving and losing, ladies!
Old 10-15-2007, 05:30 PM   #18  
~Carrie~

S/C/G: 318/t/130

Height: 5'4"

I tried that sculpting thing. It was a little more rough than i thought it would be.(i'm just starting out though) i could do a few of them but i couldn't do others. I bought the wrong type of band. At any rate i looked online for exercises to do with the bands that i have and i found a neat site that had exercises that i could do (most of them at any rate) so i did them. yay! i exercised.
Here is the site...http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/ah_personal...973127,00.html

ammi- i checked out those dvds at walmart. They have a three pack with some weights. Looks interesting my mom said she would do them with me if i got them so they are on the list of things to buy. lol the list keeps growing.
Rat- sorry you saw that picture but i am sure you don't look like that anymore so don't feel too bad. The past is in the past.
Lindsey- congrats on not gaining any and good luck on loosing some.

Last edited by midnight92887; 10-15-2007 at 05:32 PM.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:54 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Catherine: I hope you feel much better very soon. Hugs.

Midnight: So sorry about the desk incident. Hopefully tomorrow you will get there earlier and be able to get another desk. Hugs.

Battleax: I bet a lot of the 4 pound gain is water from the salt. No worries.

Nancy: Interesting read. How are you?

Lindsey: Glad to see you post again. Glad for you about the "boy" too.

Well, I managed to go take care of some applications for jobs, mow the front and back yard that haven't been mowed since before my surgery!!!! I mowed and mowed and still the back didn't get finished because I ran out of gas both in the mower and in my body. I worked for 2 hours out there mowing, picking up dog poo, raking etc. I am going to just take it easy the rest of the evening with the exception of going to my bunko thing at 6 p.m., walking my dogs, and then taking some tests for a job online called "prove it". The tests are for Microsoft word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, outlook and Quickbooks. Whew. I may be busy for a bit tonight after all. lol. Tomorrow is my workout session lifting weights. I am hoping to go do cardio first though.

I hope you are all doing well and hanging in there. Hugs if you need them.
Blessings,
Annie
Old 10-15-2007, 07:32 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 357/see tracker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone~~

I'm doing really good with my eating today--I had 20 grams of carbs which is good when you first start Atkins--so I'm really happy. After yesterday's pizza I really needed to do good today. And the best part is that I tried Boston Market's Rotisserie Chicken and it was AWESOME! I will definitely be buying that again. I forgot to weigh myself this morning--the second day in a row --so I still haven't changed my ticker. Hopefully I'll remember tomorrow before I eat.

I'm also thinking of walking to Mexico...I just need to know what we're doing. Meaning how are we logging it in? And when are we trying to "meet up" there? So far, I've walked 2 days.

5.4 laps
6.0 laps

Each lap is 1/4 mile so the best I can figure is that I've walked 2 miles + 1/2 mile + 1/4 mile (approximately) which equals=approximately 2 & 3/4 miles. Can one of you math wizzes help me out and tell me if that's right? I'm getting a headache trying to figure it out for sure.

The BF is calling me so I have to go. Keep the faith Chickies.

Vicki
Old 10-15-2007, 08:01 PM   #21  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hello Ladies!

Just popping in to say hello. I'm a few days behind in posts, but in lieu of attempting to catch up on personals, just wanted to say that I did read everyone's posts, and I'm glad to see that for the most part, everyone has been doing good these past few days. Big hugs to those of you (like me) having a bummer day or getting back on the wagon (Brenda, Rat, Midnight, Battle, Ammi, Meta )

Nothing interesting going on with me. Still trying to get back seriously OP. I'm getting too easily sidetracked from daily exercise. I think I'm going to have to start getting up early and getting it in then, as there are too many excuses not to do it in the evenings.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:40 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

LitChick: I find that exercising in the morning is great. If you would have told me years ago that I'd be a morning exerciser, I would laugh in your face! But, here I am, and it is wondrous. Most days I leap from bed buzzing to exercise. My body is used to it and expects it. I have a medical condition that makes morning exercise the safest option, but besides that, it is great to have exercise checked off the list right away instead of finding a million excuses over the course of a day. You can do it!

Vicki: I will save the math for someone else, but you are doing great even without doing the numbers! Good job.

Annie: You have been busy! All that yardwork is great exercise.

Midnight: the Walk Away the Pounds DVDs are great. I have the 2 mile one and it's perfect for me. 30 minutes is about all I can stand doing the same type of exercise. I love the WATP workout because even a clumsy person like me can follow the moves. I also want to mention that the Pilates exercise is great. I do about 15-20 minutes of Pilates DVDs 2x a week. It is amazing how much better I can carry myself when working out to Pilates. The exercises to strengthen your core help your posture.

Lindsey: Nice to see you. I have been wondering how you're doing. Good job on not gaining weight.

Ratkitty: Aww, now...let's have a look at that pic.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:25 PM   #23  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Just a qucik hello. We met my step daughter at the hospital Sunday at 2pm as she was in labor. She needed me to stay all night with her, yes her boyfriend was there, but, he didn't get it she needed help breathing.
So, beautiful little Alexis Renee was born this afternoon at 1:41 pm. Obvioulsly I didn't sleep hardly at all. About 3 hours maybe. My eating was totally off whack but I'll be right back on tomorrw.
Hugs to all. Sorry no time for personals, but I don't even have the energy to read them.
TTFN
Old 10-15-2007, 10:13 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Hi All - I can't wait to wake up tomorrow - weigh in day - I've had a good week and hoping for the iron monster to show it. Funny - I used to look forward to the weekend and now I look forward to Tuesday.

Brenda - good for you about joining WW - sounds like it was a great move for you!

Donna - I don't think we've met but I'm glad you're back - I really want to hear more about Slamman. What a proud mom you must be!

Ulovlee - I've thought about you all week and how it must feel to be you right now! I can't wait to leave these 300's behind - and maybe lose some of mine too.

Midnight - thanks for the info - will try to read it soon. So what kind of bands should a person buy? So sorry to hear about the desk today. We have chairs in one of our conference rooms that I can't fit in - I am always like ten minutes early to any meeting so I can get a chair I can fit in. I can't wait for the day it doesn't matter.

Brenda - wow - public skating - how impressed I am - maybe because I can't even stand up on skates - let alone in public. Stay the course - don't let the .1 get you - I'm sure next week will more than make up for it.

Ammi - hope you are feeling better. Treadmill barefoot - UGHHHHHH - first it wore the skin off my feet - then majorly blistered my calluses. Please don't learn from my mistake. And yes, absolutely I woke up saying I am happy, I am healthy and I am in control (at least of what I do). And I will wake up tomorrow saying the same thing.

Annie - hope you feel stronger each day. Good luck on the interviews and testing.

Catherine - take care of yourself - glad you are able to breathe better. Sending well wishes to you.

Battle - you are so strong - you can have a bad day - just one and climb right back on. Great job! How did you start the morning exercise routine - was there something special that got you up and going - I think that I would love it knowing it was out of the way - or that maybe I would want to do it morning and evening.

Nancy - thanks for the article! Hope you had a great day!

Rat - I'm so sorry about the pic. We are so hard on ourselves. Imagine what it would have been "before"

Lindsey - good luck on the paper - love eating out but my hips like it more.

Vicki - great job on the exercise - I did 12 1/2 minutes today and was bored to death on the treadmill (with shoes). Not sure how I'm going to handle this one - suggestions?

LitChick - when you figure out the exercise thing - help me - I'm struggling - maybe if I got up a bit earlier that would work for me too.

Sandy - CONGRATS - I bet she is beautiful! Another bundle of joy. It's amazing to me to see a new baby - say 8 lbs - and wonder where that weight came off of me.

OK - need to sleep so it will be Tuesday - I'm overly anxious about the scale this week.

Nite all
Old 10-15-2007, 10:34 PM   #25  
The Story Re-Written

S/C/G: 384/227/180-235

Height: 6ft 4in

Hi All~

I am doing a bit better. I managed to go and sit through getting my nails done and I sat through my therapy appointment on Saturday, so that is a plus. On the minus side, I am still having pain and a lot of stiffness during the day. Not really sure how to begin to try to combat that, but I am still moving through the pain (not out walking just yet, but moving around my house nonetheless). Something tells me that it could also be a bit of my arthritis acting up because it has been a bit chilly here. If that is the case, man, the winter is going to be bad. I have not had arthritis pain since before I had surgery and I am not looking forward to having it again.

In good news, I have lost yet another pound. So I am now officially (according to my scale) the lightest that I have been since I was a teenager and I am not really sure how I feel about that to be completely honest. I am happy, but there are some other feelings that are mixed in there as well. Just haven't figured them out just yet.

I hope everyone is doing well and if not, as always, you are in my prayers.

~Story

Last edited by TheStorySoFar; 10-15-2007 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:24 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Sandy -- Congrats on the birth!!!
Old 10-16-2007, 12:04 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Donna, YAY!! on Samantha becoming the treasurer...what an honor for her to be voted in!!!
Glad to see you back too!!

Midnight, I'm gonna have to go buy that mag and check out the band exercises..thanks! Sorry about the desk, but you gotta admit, it's a great motivater.

Meta, have fun skating!!!

Catherine, that's great that you are feeling a bit better each day to where you can move around some. Just keep taking care of yourself.

Battleax, I'm sure you'll have that weight off in no time.

Ratkity, always wondered what would happen if I didn't wear shoes on the treadmill...ow!! Don't sweat the pic of the hiney, kiddo, just realize how far you've come and your lookin' better every day.

Hey Lindsay, YAY!!! on coming back to see us. Wow! you guys have been together for a few weeks now...glad to see it's all working out so well.

Annie, what kind of jobs are you trying to get? Sounds like you are just doing exercise like crazy again. O, I know how you feel about those never ending yards and yards of mowing. We were hoping to get ours done again before the rain, but we didn't make it.

Vicki, On the walk to Mexico, I think we are just logging the hours that we exercise, and then listing them on the exercise thread. I only got in 15 minutes today....hearts just not in it today...sorta blah...but that's better than nothing.

Lesley, I know if I don't get the exercise in the morning, it's sorta NOT going to get done either. So I totally know what you mean.

Sandy, on the new grand baby!!

gggirls, good luck on your weigh in!!

Story, wonderful news that you are down another pound...and to boot, since you were a teenager!!! I hope you figure out your feelings over it.

I just did some painting today on the banks. We are waiting for some more patterns and parts so we can finish them. I think tomorrow we are going to go pick out a new color to paint the bathroom. I think I want a lavender color. Other than that, just staying OP and trying to get some sort of gumption to get some exercise going. Only did 15 minutes and that was a chore. Maybe I'll get up early tomorrow and see if I feel up to it. It's going to be a loooooooooooong trip to Mexico I'm afraid.
Debbie
Old 10-16-2007, 01:26 AM   #28  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Hi ladies and John. Just wanted to check in quickly to let you know that I am doing okay. I'm on day 5 of my increased dosage of synthroid and I've noticed that I'm at least not as fatigued as I have been. I am still tired most of the time, but it's not that "need to sleep NOW" fatigue I've been feeling. That's about the only improvement, but I didn't really expect anything at this point.

I absolutely love my new doc. She's awesome. I went in, she looked at my leg to see how the swelling was (which, by the way, has been mostly gone for the last several days), and told me she was going to cut down my lasix & potassium and try to get me off of it in 3-6 months, depending on how my thyroid behaves. If the swelling stays gone, she said she'll be fairly confident that it's not my heart and was the thyroid all along. She also *asked* me if I minded weighing on her scale, just to see where I was at. I didn't mind - I've been honest with her from the start. She's going to start keeping a weight chart at the office to see how I do. She also asked me what calorie range I was in, and actually told me I probably need to UP my calories to an average of about 2200/day.

DH was laid off a couple weeks ago due to winter hours at the guards camp, and has only been able to find a job working fast food here. I applied for 2 jobs and had my first interview last week. I am hoping I find something soon.

Take care everyone.. I will be back in the next couple days to work on personals!
Old 10-16-2007, 01:34 AM   #29  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

hi everyone! ive been lurking

I went for my weigh in today at the study and i am down 5 lbs this month. so thats good. they took 2 blood samples again today. i hate having bloodwork done. but they have to see how quickly the drug leaves the system. and at least i get paid for it.

i didnt go weigh in at WW today, i was too hungry after having my blood drawn, and i dont like to weigh in if ive eaten. its a crazy psychological thing.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:56 AM   #30  

Just a flyby to let everyone know I put the piņata picts up!

Will come back later and post more I'm late for work.

Luv and Hugs,
Rat
Closed Thread