Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 07:06 AM   #46  

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning everyone!

I managed to stay OP yesterday. YEAH!

My Doctor's appointment is in a couple of hours. Ugh! I am a tad bit stressed about it. I guess I just can't wait to get it behind me. I will post tonight and let you all know how it went.

I overslept this morning, so I need to get going, but I will check back tonight.

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 05-01-2007, 07:16 AM   #47  

Well I got about 2 hours of sleep! When I have a bad cold I either sleep a lot or I can't get any rest. Guess its the latter this time. Its annoying!

KATT~I am so glad to see you post hun! And I am so sorry you and your family are having to go through all of this. Sometimes things don't make sense at all. But you hang in there hun. Hopefully things will start looking up soon.

AMMI~You know that is so true about getting sick at certain times. Now that I think about it my mom worked all the time growing up and literally couldn't afford to be sick. And like you said it never failed she got sick on her off days! Really strange! I am starting to think my immune system is REALLY lazy! And YAY on losing 2 pounds! You have been doing so well! I can tell I have lost some weight because of my clothing but I seriously don't even feel like weighing. I am sure I will ask DH to take it out of hiding soon!

KYMBERLY~Congrats on your NSV! And Good luck at your WI!

PEGGY~WTG on staying OP! And I hope your Doctor appointment goes well.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:17 AM   #48  
peace out

S/C/G: 318.4/289/145

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone!

Thanks for the replies about the fruities snacks! I was thinking that may be an issue with these - I have heard before about sugar free candies and such causing that problem! Hopefully just one or two will satisfy any need I have and I won't need the whole pack!

Speaking of that though...and this may be too much information for some! LOL!...but...does anyone find that eating op causes less trips to the bathroom? I get a good amount of fiber, and of course there's the water which should help some, but I seem to be having a problem anyway. Any suggestions?

Have a great day everybody!

Cris
Old 05-01-2007, 07:20 AM   #49  

I also wanted to ask you all about the Gazelle. Now that things have settled down here we were thinking about buying one. I know we would want the one that holds up to 350 pounds. But I was wondering would any of you still recommend buying it? Its a lot cheaper than a treadmill. But I was just curious if any of you thought it was worth it?
Old 05-01-2007, 08:33 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 380/Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Ladies!

Well you wont believe this one...Doug has been working in the yard alot since the last storm which knocked down the neighbors fence, and I had told him to be careful because the poison ivy from their yard creeps into ours. So of course he got it badly-again (last summer both he and my son Scott got it just in time for my niece's wedding) So last week when Sammi had dance pictures, I STUPIDLY sat in his chair to fix her hair and makeup...yep you guessed it...I have it on my legs and hiney!!!! So in addition to also finding out one of my brother's dogs bit my 2.5 y/o nephew...and his girlfriend told him either the dogs go or she is leaving him, my late impending TOM( I just turned 45 so it is always late and impending!!), and all the other crap that went on yesterday...I didn't need this!!!
I think my head is going to explode.

Thanks for letting me vent a little..I will try to get back to all of you later, hopefully a little calmer!

Have a great OP Day!

Last edited by MamaBplus3; 05-01-2007 at 08:42 AM.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:04 AM   #51  

Talking

Hello everyone!

Katt I'm so sorry you've had such a rough spring! And poor Ash! Did the teacher know about your family problems? I so hope that May brings better things for you. Congrats on starting over…and on your shop. I've missed too much I know, what kind of shop? More to you!

Annie – WOW!!! You are doing GREAT! I may have to get me some of that liquid diet! I'm so happy for your loss! (How's that for an odd turn of phrase?)

Nancy – GOOD GIRL! Walking away from those evil donuts! Donuts are one of my temptation foods, no doubt!

Ammi - ! You are going to blow away! (I hate it when people make those remarks to me! ) You are less than 50 lbs to GOAL!

Catherine – I'm incredibly jealous that you can get to Vegas in one day! I love Las Vegas! We went a couple years ago and stayed at the Luxor. We also went to Star Trek, I have a photo of myself with a Klingon! Couldn't do the Start Trek Experience because my DH has monocular vision and can't see things that are in 3-D and it gives him a headache to try…but I did have this wonderful meal and smoking drink at Quarks!

Kymberly, don't get me started on hanging skin! I looked in the mirror the other day and thought "Hey! My arms look better!" Then I lifted them! And then I tried on a swimsuit! Talk about saggy! Definitely buying a sarong to wrap around those thighs! Worst of all as far as I'm concerned are my "girls"…I swear I look like one of those African women in National Geographic – one of the OLD ones. It's incredibly sad. But LOOK AT YOU! 113 lbs gone!!! How come we didn't have a big dance thread for you?

Well, that's it for personals. Too many folks to keep up with - a big and to everyone though!

I have realized my garden sounds huge! But it's teeny-tiny! It's literally 4 feet x 7 1/2 feet! When I say I planted carrots - I planted 18 - and when I planted tomatoes - I planted 3! So it isn't going to be all that much work, now that it's in...but I am looking forward to some yummy veggies this summer.

Got to run, this post took forever! TTFN!
Old 05-01-2007, 12:10 PM   #52  

way to annie on losing 10 more pounds! i am feeling tired again today but still did my exercises!it was tough but i did it.. i feel a nap coming on now i think lol! hello Ammi!
Old 05-01-2007, 12:43 PM   #53  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I’m starting the process of getting the house in order for the party next week. The house is usually clean, but his paperwork can pile up so quickly. This is a small condo, so clutter shows up like crazy. I’ve decided to make a low-cal bread pudding. I was going to make chocolate cake. I’ll use skim milk, egg whites, splenda, and no rum sauce. I’m going to use no sugar added orange marmalade to make a glaze. Either that or Key lime marmalade. I enjoy hosting parties too much to give that up. I am just going to learn to cook it without eating it. I already do that at dinner parties. I make for everyone else, and do something different for myself.

Carolyn-We are planning the party for 3:30-6:30 in the afternoon. I’m hoping that will be a good time for everyone. I have a meeting that night, and Immigration can call me in anytime from 8:30 in the morning until 2:30 in the afternoon. I’m hoping earlier rather than later. If I have to sit there all day getting more and more nervous, I’ll need a stiff drink by the time the party comes around.

Xena-I still have horrors about calculus. I took it my senior year in high school, and the teachers decided to go on strike. They used replacement teachers, and they had a retired Navy nuclear submarine guy come in to teach. He knew the subject, but couldn’t teach. By the time the regular teacher finally returned, I was completely lost. I had to transfer to matrix algebra. That’s kind of a fancy Suduko type math. In college, I got away with taking calculus for business majors. Much easier.

Kayley-There is an advantage to living on the ground floor. I never have to worry about disturbing the downstairs neighbor. Well, as long as the building isn’t built over some kind of sacred burial ground anyway. I once ran into one of my younger foster son’s baseball coaches at the YMCA after water aerobics. I told him he could go home and tell his sons that he had seen me in a bathing suit. I figured that would scare them into doing their homework for at least a month.

Nancy-WOW! Being able to walk out of a donut/ice cream store. It isn’t like just a donut shop isn’t fattening enough, they had to add ice cream. I would have had trouble deciding, and ended up on the floor foaming at the mouth.

Lesley-I haven’t decided about the scale yet. I think that I give it a pass since I really felt bloated. When I overdo it, my sore muscles just seem to retain water until I work out the soreness. Emu cream seems to have been the most helpful.

Annie-I think that now that you know how much “sleep” you are losing while you are sleeping, that it is going to make you feel more tired and down than usual. I think all orthodontists have to be closet sadists.

Michelle-You don’t suppose that you are allergic to the lower 48? I was told that when you go for a long visit or move to a new location where you are not acclimatized to all the new pollens, that eating honey made from the local trees/flowers. It is supposed to either allows you to acclimatize, or the honey actually has some kind of bee antibody or something. When I was younger, and did mission trips, I’d always have my host family send me honey at least a month ahead of time, and I never had trouble with alien pollens. I realize that honey isn’t exactly low-cal, but you seem to have been having so much trouble.

Donna-I see you have learned the lesson about poison ivy. It’s not the leaves, but the oil on the leaves. Make sure that you wash the clothing they were wearing, and wash up carefully after touching it. In college I once had to take a hedgerow of the stuff out. It was so big we had to use chain saws. Everywhere the saw dust got, we got it. I felt really sorry for the guys cause they got it in really bad places if you know what I mean. One got it so bad there he had to go on worker’s comp for two weeks. How would you like that piece of paperwork in your permanent file—disabled for two weeks by weenie rot.

Lillion-The have a Quark’s!! Now we are for sure going. I am a serious trek fan, and always liked Deep Space Nine the best. I know that is weird. We found out that Airmiles will pay for the flight, and Aeroplan miles will pay for the hotel. We can’t really go in summer. His medicine makes him sensitive to heat. The fact that my MIL has been wanting to go, and no we will not be taking her with us, just makes it sweeter. I may have to forgive, but I don’t have to forget.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:45 PM   #54  

Height: 5'6"

I survived the Doctor's visit!!

I had to fast since they were doing bloodwork, so I was *starving* as my appointment was at 10:00 and I ate my night snack at 7:30 last night.

So, I go in and the assistant wants to get a height/weight on me and asks me to step on the scale backwards so as to measure my height (5'-5"...I always rounded up to 5'6".. ) Well, she then said hold on while I do your weight. She says "Do you want to know?" "Yes" and she says....

"360 lbs"

Well, I don't know if it was the lack of breakfast or my collective "strut" from my fellow "chicks", but I said "No, it is NOT! I weighed that in February *before* I lost 50 lbs!" Poor girl....she was so embarassed...she read the scale wrong. I nearly felt bad for her... She was apologizing profusely. I took pity on her and said "Its early, but I do know what I weigh." With clothes I am 310 lbs. I like my "nekkid" weight better personally..

Anyway, that incident totally put me at ease and I kiddingly said "Well, after that shock, I am sure my blood pressure is through the roof. Just kidding, don't worry about it!!" She did my blood pressure and it was fine.

Met with my Doc and she was fantastic. She asked how I was losing and what exercise I was doing, etc. and I told her that I felt it was important to include a doctor in my program. I felt completely supported. YEAH!

I went to the Lab and had my blood drawn. I am hoping for good results there. We shall see!!

Thats it from here!! Just glad it is OVER!!
Old 05-01-2007, 03:46 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Had my last final today, and I'll be finishing it up at home, since I ran out of time in class...it's an online final anyways...I just have to go to class Thursday morning...my public speaking class is having a potluck type of thing. Must be good! I have a bunch of errands to run before I get onto my homework, but I wanted to get some personals in before I head out!

Lesley - I've definately been keeping track of my measurements...the last time I did this whole weight loss thing, when I would get stuck, looking at the measurements would help with the motivation...unfortunately, this time they are the same.

Annie - Hope the ortho went well today! When do you get them off?

Katt - Oh my. I'm sorry to hear that things are not the best right now. It's good that your daughter is starting to talk to you instead of keeping it inside, though...I wish I would have done that. I would probably have a lot less baggage than I do....and I'm only 20! Eeps! I look forward to seeing you around on a more regular basis! :hugs:

Ammi - Way to GO!!!! 110 lost now, that's just fantastic!!!!

Kymberly - That must have just felt fantastic to fit into those 14's!!! SUCH a great NSV!!!

Donna - Hope you have a better rest of your day. :hugs:

Catherine - I hear ya about the clutter. We JUST cleaned on Sunday, and there's really barely anything on the floor/tabletops, but it already looks cluttered...we only have 500 square feet, so every bit of floor space counts!

Peggy - Oh man! I would have been like FREAKING out! LOL. Glad you handled it so well...at least it was just a fluke! lol.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:54 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Michelle: Hope you feel better soon.

Nightkatt: Welcome back and I am so very sorry about all the losses that you have been experienceing. Hugs.

Ammi: Whoooo HOOOO on another -2! You really are gonna get there girl! I'm so proud of you.

Kymberly: Thanks. I am over the funk. I was just really tired. lol

Peggy: Glad the Dr. visit was a good one. It is so nice to have a Dr. that you like and trust and treats you like a person instead of a number.

Donna: Hope you feel better soon. Poor thing all that itching. Yikes.

Lilion: Hugs. You inspired me to want to do some yard work.

Patti: How are the headaches. Probably better I hope.

Catherine: Your party sounds like it will be fun. Does your MIL know you are legal now? My MIL is coming on the 11th of this month. I found out yesterday. Maybe that caused my funk. lol.

Well, I got my braces adjusted this morning and instead of bands they did a thing called a chain on them to pull the two front teeth towards the center. I never realized that my two front teeth were off center until my darling hubby pointed it out to me a week or so ago. lol. Husbands gotta love em. I took him the new Spicey Buffalo Chicken sandwhich from Carl's Jr. for lunch today and we sat in the car at his work while he ate. I sipped a large iced tea. Yea me. I am feeling stronger and stronger daily with this program. Hope It lasts. lol. Now, I just need to get my bootie moving since I put down 1500 minutes for the May exercise thread. The most I've ever tried for. Hope you gals are all enjoying the lovely Spring weather and being good op girls doing lots of exercise.
Blessings to you all,
Annie
Old 05-01-2007, 03:55 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hey Kayley: here we go posting at the same time again. Congrats on your last final. The ortho was just fine. lol Hope you are having a super day. Hugs.
Annie
Old 05-01-2007, 04:06 PM   #58  

Hi Ladies - Just popping in to say I've been OP lately. The scale seems on track for my next weigh-in, although TOM might throw it off a bit by my actual Thursday weigh-in. But that's okay, as long as it keeps coming off! I'm hoping for -3lbs this week. I'm just 6lbs away from -40 overall! Then my next goal is to get under 300! It seems so far, yet so close! I've taught Jasmine (my puppy) to walk on 2 paws! It's really cute, and she can do it for a good amount of time for just learning it. Well, I'm off to browse some magazines. Hope everyone is well!

~M
Old 05-01-2007, 04:06 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 380/Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Catherine: WEENIE ROT!!!! OMG I was falling off my chair!!
In my rant, I neglected to tell you that I am extremely allergic to it,(not the weenie, just the poison ivy!!! ) and when I was younger(way younger)I used to get allergy shots weekly for it. Hopefully enough years have passed that I wont wind up in the hospital. It's really annoying though. Especially behind the knees. I am trying to ignore it, but I think now that I am home now and am not driving anywhere tonight, I may take a Benedryl.
And that bread pudding sounds delish!!!

Annie: on your 10 lbs!! That is so awesome!!!

Nancy: Good job on the Dunkin Donuts...I was actually thinking about you today when I was given a big piece of chocolate cake...I was truly going to eat it, but when the girl that releaves me for my break came and asked where I got it, I immediately gave it to her, and now I feel great!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Peggy: I bet the girl that weighed you will make sure she gets it right next time!! I am glad you found a Dr. that you feel comfortable with. It is so important!!
I remember when I took my son Andrew for his yearly checkup and the nurse said my "my gosh, you have grown so much"...then she measured him to be 7'5" instead of 6'5" (he is only 16)...I was worried that I was going to lose him to the circus!!! As it is people are always asking if he plays basketball, which he doesn't.

Katt: Sorry this year has been such a bummer so far. But it is great that you and your daughter are growing in your relationship. Mine is 12 1/2, and I fear for the day she becomes a "real" teenager!! We have a great relationship now, but I see the moodyness,etc. that comes with the hormones! And how awesome is it that you are doing this together! You must be so proud!!

I am off to get the Benedryl...the itching is making me crazy!!!

Have a great OP evening!
Old 05-01-2007, 04:19 PM   #60  
Lisa

S/C/G: 287/See Tracker/180

Height: 5'9"

Hi Everyone!

I've been out of the picture for awhile. I went to Austin this weekend for my 8 year old niece's Holy Communion. I drove up and back in the same day with my aunt. By the time I got home, my foot was swollen up like a football. I stayed off it all day on Sunday and it got better. However, my ankle keeps popping when I move it a certain way. So, I went and got it X-rayed today. They said it looks really good and nothing is wrong - probably just a stretched tendon or something that is moving around from the fall.

I have a cold today and am going home early. I was really looking forward to getting back to work last Tuesday, but now, I just can't seem to keep motiviated. All I want to do is go home and sleep. I gotta get back on the program.

I'm still eating regular food and probably will continue to do so until the first of June, when my ankle will supposedly be healed. I am trying to be conscious of what I eat, but I must admit that my car has taken me through a few drive throughs over the last couple of weeks. I haven't gone overboard though. I was absolutly not ready to go back on food. I was really doing well on the liquids and had gotten used to it. Now I know what I'm in for and I'm afraid it is gonna be really hard to go back on them after stopping for 1.5 months. This broken ankle thing has really messed up my life. I'll get through it, but it is a real pain in the butt.

I apologize for not having posted in awhile. I have scanned the posts, but haven't read them in detail because I am so far behind. I hope everyone is doing ok. I'll try to start keeping up better.

Take care, everyone!

Lisa
Closed Thread