Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 11:53 AM   #91  
banned

Size 16 jeans--wow, I am a ways from there yet! But I have a feeling by this time next year, I will either be at that mark or dropped below it. Heh. Hey, right now, my latest NSV was having top and pants being the SAME SIZE...I don't think I've ever had that happen before...usually I had to buy bigger pants than the top. LOL.

WI this week was a pound, but enough to get me to the 50 pound mark! I go for my first "fill" Monday morning, so I think the doctor is going to be pleased with what she sees when I go in.

Of course, since the weather here has gotten nicer, I've been able to do a bit more of this , which is always great. AND...I was even able to pass up all the junk food at the tenant council meeting last night by taking my bottled water and a Special K cereal bar with me instead. Cookies just don't appeal to me any more for some reason.....
Old 05-03-2007, 01:19 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 339/ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Hello ladies!!! I am somewhat new here, well again. I was here about this time last year but then plans changed when I found out I was pregnant in July of 2006. Well my daughter will be 8 weeks old tomorrow ( it's amazing how time flies) and I am ready to jump back on the wagon so to speak. I am doing the Herbal Magic diet plan. It worked very well for me before I got pregnant and I lost 37lbs in 2 months! My plan is a little bit different now as I can not use the herbal pills because I am breastfeeding, but that is fine with me. Just wanted to pop in again and say hi!
Old 05-03-2007, 02:58 PM   #93  

Hey guys!

About Vegas...I LOVE those blackjack tables! That's why the limit. Fortunately, I'm incredibly cheap! LOL! I don't play any table with higher than a $5 minimum bet. You can play a LONG time at $5 a hand...unless you are my husband. 10 hands and his $50 was gone! He now plays craps.

I have to say...I've been really, REALLY off the program the past few days. Tuesday had greek...souvlaki and gyros...Wednesday had sausage and pancakes...Today had pizza...Big surprize, my WI was UP 3 lbs. I've just been starving! Tonight I'm making salad and tilapia for dinner, to try to get back on track! I'd say it was pms...and maybe it is? Just because the plumbing doesn't work the way it used to doesn't mean I don't have all the parts? All I know is I have to get back on track. HELP!
Old 05-03-2007, 03:06 PM   #94  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Cris-I agree that it is inherited to a certain extent. The ability to store fat that kept my ancestors alive during famine times is killing me. I will have to adapt. The bottom line is that we no longer have to expend calories in order to obtain the calories we eat.

Shadie-I get lightheaded like that sometimes. I think some of it has to do with the fact that I am a pear instead of an apple. Apples have visceral fat. That’s less healthy, but because it is more “in play” in your metabolism, it is easier to access for energy requirements, and also easier to lose. Us pears carry subcutaneous fat in the lower body. It is less likely to make us as sick, but it is harder to lose because it is out of the mainstream. It is therefore also harder to access when we hit energy lows.

Lisa-I think the last time I was a size 16 was when I was 13 years old.

Lesley-He’s not so much a momma’s boy, as he is just a big scaredy cat. He also knows that if he doesn’t allow her to release her pent up venom on him, she will do it to his elderly father. I tell him that it was his father’s choice to stay with her for the last 40 years since she got sick. He doesn’t have to be a punching bag, but he is trying to protect his dad to a certain point. I’m afraid of what will happen if his dad goes first.

Jill-When it comes to going to things like weddings, I just remind myself that nothing I can put on will actually make me look one ounce skinnier, so therefore, I’m not going to fool anyone that I actually look any differently than I do. When I realize that, I actually feel better about myself. I want to look nice, but I usually opt for comfortable. I always end up having a better time, and someone always says to me that they are so uncomfortable in what they are wearing, and wished that the had just come in a pants suit like I did. Of course this is coming from someone who wore white overalls to her brother’s wedding. It seemed appropriate for a wedding in a bingo hall, and I know that you aren’t supposed to wear white, only the bride should, but the bride was 6 months pregnant and wearing blue, so I figured I’d go with my Sunday go to meeting overalls.

Michelle-I got food poisoning so bad last summer that they had to send an ambulance for me. We actually two ambulances and a fire rescue, then they just sent for the ambulance that has this big fork lift thing on the back. Nothing like making a scene. I could have just died from embarrassment. On the positive side, I got to be sick all over the nightgown that my new sister in law got me as a wedding present. She’s the one that called our priest and scared him into canceling our marriage blessing at the last minute. She got me a flannel nightgown two sizes too big for a wedding present. I guess they were all out of sexy lace ones. Maybe the drag queens had a run on them before she got there. I save it for when I am sick. Never let it be said I hold grudges.

Ammi-sometimes when I get down in the dumps like that I figure out that I haven’t had enough fat. If you don’t get a certain amount everyday, you can actually become chemically depressed. I think I went through that yesterday, so had a table spoon of olive oil on my dinner instead of the spray of canola, and I am full of energy today.

Lillion-I love gyros. Up here they call them donairs. I once looked up the fat and calories in that meat, and haven’t had one since. I was seriously scared straight. When I go through those “can’t get full” periods, I try to eat constantly during the day so that my stomach never gets empty. Add extra spices to liven it up. That helps too. Try cooking your tilapia with some salsa, and serve it on a whole wheat pita with lots of lettuce and stuff. My husband loves baja tacos now. It makes the fish go further.

I’m feeling better today, and seem to be back on track. I just really have to watch overdoing it. I have to limit my yard work to an hour at most just like I did the snow shoveling. More than that, and I am down for days. My shoulders are killing me still, but it isn’t in the joint, it feels more like an upper arm muscle that is sore on both sides. I wonder if it is just another muscle that had atrophied on me, and now I am using it when I rake. This feels very much like when my leg muscles started getting used again. It goes weak, and painful for a long time. It feels a bit like when your leg wakes up after falling asleep, but it lasts for weeks instead of minutes.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:46 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Patti - did the doctors worn you that you would feel tired like you are? If they did, did they tell you how long you could expect it to last?

How is your leg now? You just get over your sinus problems, and now you darn leg is playing up again, I bet it’s really getting you down now Hey and that’s enough about old age, you aren’t old

LAnne - on hitting that 50 lbs lost mark, that’s brilliant and yes I am sure your doctor will be really pleased with your progress

Jenn - welcome back and on the birth of your new baby. Good luck with carrying on with your weight loss, running around after your 4 year old and looking after a new baby should definitely help with you losing the lbs

Lilion - I’ve been off plan today, quite a bit, and you know why? Because I know I am having the evening off plan on Saturday night. How daft is that, instead of just one lot extra cals, I’ve got two. It’s so easy isn’t it to eat what we shouldn’t, but we just have to make sure that we get back on track. Next week I am sure you will see a loss. I don’t know about my WI, I hope I’ll see no gain at least lol. I’ll be good again tomorrow and Sunday and Monday, so that should help limit the damage from today and Saturday

Catherine - I think you are right about lack of enough fat bringing us down. Now if only I did something sensible like having a spoon of oil on my dinner instead of eating Toblerone chocolate and chocolate biscuits tonight to realise you are right! Since having some chocolate I’ve been in a GREAT mood. It’s nearly as good as booze

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 05-03-2007, 04:50 PM   #96  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippievanlady View Post
Jill-When it comes to going to things like weddings, I just remind myself that nothing I can put on will actually make me look one ounce skinnier, so therefore, I’m not going to fool anyone that I actually look any differently than I do. When I realize that, I actually feel better about myself. I want to look nice, but I usually opt for comfortable.
Oh, I'm definitely not trying to look thinner--there's no hiding 300 pounds I just don't really own anything even remotely formal/semi-formal, so I need to get me something nicer than my usual slacks, tank top, and front-open button-down shirt
Old 05-03-2007, 04:59 PM   #97  

nope i didnt know the effects could go on like this but i have been reading up on it so it is not unusual this far along into remission.. its hard to explain between Tired and fatigue but any one who has cancer or had cancer wll know what i am talking about!its just my knee acting up... sudden moves hurt and that really cramps my style.. hubby said i over did on treadmill and may have to go back to doing 10 minute sessions at a time .. darn it i like to get it done! your right i am not that old.. just all these aches and pains make me feel old!!hope Daren is feeling better and is still able to play his games lol!
Old 05-03-2007, 05:57 PM   #98  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Ammi-OMG toblerone. I have to go change my shirt now because I have gotten it all wet with drool. When I do have chocolate, I’m practically the energizer bunny.

Jill-If you wear a tank top, I’ll bet you’d get in a lot of the wedding pictures.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:28 PM   #99  
Trying Intuitive Eating

S/C/G: 430/ticker/138

Height: 5'5.5

Just wanted to pop in and say hello and that I'm thinking of everyone. It's been a crazy week or two here, and I'm still trying to right myself.

My son and I are taking a little trip this weekend to see Phantom of the Opera Saturday evening and I'm going to surprise him with a visit to opening day of a big amusement park in the area on the way back. I'm really looking forward to the mini getaway.

Hang in there everyone!
Old 05-03-2007, 07:38 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Today, I'm starting fresh. I just got this motivation today, and it feels good. It's one of those 'click' moments...I feel good. I'll be heading to the gym in about an hour.

As for gambling in Vegas, we don't gamble. We'll probably play a slot or something, but really nothing more than that.

I'll be back a little later to report on my gym-time.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:02 PM   #101  

Hi Ladies - WEIGH-IN UPDATE!! My scale showed 313.5lbs!! That's -9lbs for the week! I don't know if it's accurate, but I will take it for now and deal with any upping my weight later on, if I have to. This is the lowest weight I've been in AT LEAST 4 years or so. (I remember being in the 340's just over 3 years ago.) I'll be getting a new scale at the end of the month - when I can actually afford it, and then I will get a NEW accurate weight...I just hope it's not tooooo much higher! I'll be getting a dial one, they are more consistant I think...I just have to try not to jiggle it! LOL! So..my first 2 weeks OP and I'm 15lbs down!! EEK! That's usually 3 months worth, LOL! I just hope my scale isn't lying to me...I'm really nervous about that!! I will weigh myself on a different scale tomorrow and see what happens. Even if I am higher though I've still lost the same amount of weight, since my scale went down, but I would've just started at a weight higher than I thought 2 weeks ago...does that make sense? Well, anyways, we'll see what happens! Hope everyone is well!

~M
Old 05-04-2007, 04:58 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi, AGAIN!!!!! I did a post replying to EVERYONE, hit the wrong button & lost 3fc site altogether!!! I feel so ill today, still coughing, throat MEGA sore & really tired & sleepy. BIG THANKS for the comments on the size 16s, it REALLY helps me stay OP when I get good comments or get into the next size. ANYWAY.....
Lanne you are doing FAB, you'll be in 16s before you know it at this rate!xxxxxxx
Mechelle, hope you're feeling better, don't forget to complain about the salad, keep the wrappers, you might get some compensation at some point. I know salads can have lots of bacteria in them, but you got yours from a reputable company! at least you'll have lost weight! sorry, not funny, you HAVE to have some good luck soon!xxxxxxxx
Donna you boss sounds a right b*tch, I hope your itching is gone/subsiding. I'm sure if your principal is so well regarded by everyone he will get a job where he's appreciated & that c*w wil get her just desserts soon!xxxxx
Lesley, how do you manage with hubby gone? I couldn't cope! How's the job hunting going?xxxxxx
Shadie, great to see you posting, you are doing FAB!xxxxxx
Catherine, how's the gown-making going? You MIL sounds a complete nightmare! I don't have one as Steve's mum died when he was 15 & his dad died about 20 years ago. Though it would be nice to have a 'normal' one, lol!xxxxx
Jilly, hope you feel ok at the wedding, just remember to SMILE, that's the best thing anyone can wear!!! I hope you feel comfy in your new clothes, if you don't wear something that you do feel good in, a long as it's appropriate!!lolxxxxxx
Ammi BAD GIRL!!!! no more Toblerone for you!!!! stay OP UNTIL THE EVENING OF SATURDAY or else.....!!!!lol YOu know how I've been messing around for the last couple of weks, don't spoil it for yourself, it's that much harder to get back OP, I know!xxxxxxxxx
Jniffer, CONGRATS!!! what did you call her? Make sure you're eating lots of calcium-rich foods, I had low fatr cheese or low fat yoghurts when I breast fed as snacks. You can eat pretty well when breast-feeding & still lose weight, enjoy it & this special, close time with your baby. I really missed breast-feeding when I had to stop when Aiden was 9 months-old, (I had to go to hospital for an operation & have meds which were bad for babies)xxxxxxxx
Gotta go, BTW I lost 4lbs which takes me to 28lbs lost, 2 stone in the UK. Now I REALLY have to stay OP & get this fat OFF!!!!!
xxxxsharon
Old 05-04-2007, 07:28 AM   #103  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I think the last time I posted a weight here, it was 297 (might have been last week sometime). As of this morning, it's 295. Slowly but surely...
Old 05-04-2007, 08:48 AM   #104  

Height: 5' 9" = 176cm

Jill you're not the only one taking it slowly But lets hope its forever...thats my moto lately..slowly but for good!

Btw, hello everyone *waves like crazy* :P

I was checking my clothes the other day and Im very pleased to say they are all too big...of course that gives me problems what to wear, as I really dont wanna buy anything *thinking everithing will be too big soon hehe*, so right about now Im the worse dressed individual lol.

Be good girls and stay OP ofcourse.

byeeeeeee
Old 05-04-2007, 08:55 AM   #105  
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Height: 5'7"

Yay!!! I passed my big nursing essay!! Thank you Lord!! I got 68% as well I was totally convinced I was going to fail so feel delerious I really do! So so grateful and happy and lucky!! Only 2 more to go and 13 weeks and I'll be there!! Never ever will have been more proud except for having the kids that is, and my first degree but have never worked harder than for this nursing qualification!! Years of blood sweat and tears!!

Yay to those who have had a great loss this week. I am still going for damage limitation I'm afraid! Am so nervous about new ward am all chewy for food - but start a week monday so if I can maintain til then and get right back on plan will be pleased....

Em
Closed Thread