Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 07:34 AM   #46  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

dogdays & Jen - I wanted to check in real quick (will take more time to write and catch up when I get to work), but Amber is doing alright. She is not as strong as we wished for school so will be staying home and working that knee, BUT... she has more range of motion now than she has in over a year and a half! She is fighting through and working hard, but being smart enough to know when to stop... I am VERY proud of how she is handling. And Jen...all the ruckus has not prevented my workouts, yay! Saturday I went biking with my youngest and then later that day took the dog for a jog... the child AND the dog both quit before mommy :P Then last night I beat my all time "best" on the elliptical... so feeling pretty accomplished. My apologies for not reading and commenting everything yet.. short on time... I will real soon though!
Old 08-08-2011, 10:27 AM   #47  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

S/C/G: 285/205/160

Height: 5' 6"

212.4... only 1.8lbs down since last Monday. Boooo!

Got a new workout vid that I tried yesterday, hoping adding that in with the walking and resistance bands will get things moving down again.

Hey, anyone on this thread hang out on facebook? Add me! (leave a note saying you're from 3FC) http://www.facebook.com/m3rma1d
Old 08-08-2011, 12:28 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 226/213/174

Height: 5'7

Sorry for lack of personals but just checking in before giving the boys their tea!

Just wanted to shout from the roof tops that I lost 3.5lbs this week

Back later for a proper post
Old 08-08-2011, 01:50 PM   #49  
~Star~

m3 - 1.8 is a great loss!!!! Jump for joy girl, cause that is closer you have gotten to your goal!

Pickle - 3.5 is amazing! I would be shouting too! Heck, to get a full pound again would make shout, LOL!
Old 08-08-2011, 02:09 PM   #50  
~Star~

Welcome to all the new ones!

Shalyn - Congrats on the loss! YAY!

LGW - Jump right in! No sidelines! As you can see from my weight, I am not there yet either... but this is a great crew!!! They are all inclusive...those of us who WANT the Onederlands...those who have reached Onederlands... those that hover the onederlands.... it's great

dogdays - Sooo glad you enjoyed the anniversary dinner! I am also so glad you got on the bike at all, lol... with a full belly I don't do much of anything, just lounge Way to go!!!!

Jen - way to go on your loss! You totally confused your body What a way to do it! LOL
Old 08-08-2011, 03:06 PM   #51  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

So... Anyone know how often I should do my workout DVD?
My current routine is that I walk about 4-5 miles almost every day, and do resistance bands every other day for a 1/2 hour...
Old 08-08-2011, 04:24 PM   #52  
~Star~

If it's cardio, then anytime... but if it's strength training (not sure which it is), then remember you should take a rest day per set of muscles... if you work arms, take a day off... legs same thing To my knowledge, only restrictions there really is to physical activity to make a difference... well, that and... don't do it so often you burn out or just get tired of it Hope that helps !
Old 08-08-2011, 05:04 PM   #53  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

It's cardio... I think I wanna try 2-3x a week and then increase as I stall again, see if that works for a while.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:14 PM   #54  
~Star~

m3 - you are doing fantastic! Mixing it up a bit with the DVD is sure to help you... but remember, your bigger numbers that you may be used to, may slow a bit since you have had such a significant loss already. 1.8Lbs that you have lost truly is good... please don't let that frustrate you By the way... a side note: Kudos on all that distance you walk! I saw you on the walkers thread in exercise too...it's super to see you pushing your body into a healthier place Isn't it wonderful when you feel your endurance building as well as the reshaping that happens?! Be proud of your accomplishments, cause there are plenty for you to be proud of
~Star~
Old 08-08-2011, 07:26 PM   #55  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

My goal is 199 by September 13th. I'm not throwing in the towel on that dream yet!
Old 08-09-2011, 02:43 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

myturn, wow you out activitied the dog? lol. yeah, i guess confusing my body is the way to go. I did super sucky today. just had a stressful day. If I clean it up a little and have a real meal, my calories and carbs should be lower.

m3, remember to see results, you must push past where you were. I think your resistance training is the key for you. You can do cardio every day. I am a huge proponent of intervals though. Push yourself to the max, and then come down a little, then push yourself again. keep doing those. You will see that you can do longer and longer intervals of intense training. Remember healthy weight loss is about 2 lb per week. so you are right on track.

I jogged for 22 minutes yesterday, I also did a lot of furniture moving type stuff, and today i did alot of cleaning, and alot of sleeping, plus 2 hours of shopping.

hopefully tomorrow i can get my cardio and some light resistance done. I bounced back up to 195.2.

I really need to go to sleep, but am WIDE AWAKE. I used to take melatonin to help me sleep. the only thing that works. I can't take it now. I really need it though.

I will talk to you ladies more tomorrow.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:08 PM   #57  
~Star~

m3 - There is a world of time between now and Sept 13! You have so got this!

Jen - Can I ask why you can't take Melatonin anymore? I was put on it for sleeping. Sounds like you have been super active! Moving furniture is the best homemade strength training!

AFM - Last night after a crap day at work (systems down and making WAY harder work for us), ran an errand, then got home and found ways to let out that pent up frustration Kidnapped my hubster and my son for a bike ride. Got home from that and had a salad to refuel, then upstairs for my gym workout...I showed that gym whose boss (and my muscles are hating me for it, lol!!!) But felt soooo much better afterward!
Old 08-09-2011, 04:16 PM   #58  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyTurn View Post
m3 - There is a world of time between now and Sept 13! You have so got this!
5 weeks doesn't feel like very long right now to me lol
Old 08-09-2011, 04:39 PM   #59  
~Star~

It is plenty of time and I have no doubt you will reach it! You have had all steady losses, and then once you mix it up with the DVD you started, that will give ya a big week somewhere in there too (maybe not til week 4, but it will come). I love how you keep getting yourself moving Keep progressing (cause that is the key) and you will reach that goal, I have no doubt!
Old 08-09-2011, 05:01 PM   #60  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Thanks, ItsMyTurn.

And if nothing else, I have pretty nails. Got them redone today. And also got my eyebrows waxed for the first time--YOW! But they look nice.

Last edited by m3rma1d; 08-09-2011 at 05:01 PM.
Closed Thread