Old 01-26-2013, 08:04 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

kaelah: yeah sure! welcome back! i think i remember you... or at least your avatar good luck with all your projects! i hope you stay here with us!

ok, you guys, what the heck is wrong with me?!?! after my super awesome not so big failure of Thursday night, i am still on a roll of sh*tty eating.... T_T like seriously... last night i went out with friends and i was so set on being good (i DID have a lot of salad...) but as i got tipsier my resistance to carbs flew out of the window and i ended up a having a few bites of stuff i shouldn't have (nothing dramatic though) and some ice cream (more dramatic). then i came home kinda drunk, got all upset at my bf having apparently fallen asleep without mailing me goodnight, and cried myself to sleep... (yeah, i'm sad that way) but not before calling him repetitively like a crazy person and waking him up, causing him to be pretty pissed off. lol. this morning i woke up it was almost noon, and i was in the middle of a long apologetic email when he mailed me "wanna go to lunch now?" and i was just so shocked and surprised. not only was he not pissed at all, but he was coming over, and i had seen him just a few days ago! yay! not so yay for my diet though as we went out to eat noodles, followed by cake. then after he left (he had to work) i decided that since i was making today my cheat day, i might as well stuff my face.... T_T yeeeeaaaah... i know... so i will spare you the contents of my binge. suffice it to say that it was not pretty and that my stomach still hurts even though it was hours ago. *cries* why in the f*ck did i do that??? i mean, why is my brain like that? why does my brain thing "foooooooood!!!!!!!!!!XD" and go crazy? why can i not treat food like a normal human without having to resort to an incredible amount of self-control? it sucks.

tomorrow will be better. earlier, (sometime after the binge) i actually forced myself to do my 30DS, which i'm glad i did, but still... i don't think i'll be stepping on the scale for a week!! i'm too scared...

hope you guys are doing better than me cuz i am a big sad puddle of failure right now. gah.
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:35 AM   #107  
Ready for a smaller me.

S/C/G: 255/221/150

Height: 5'2

Kawaii: Thanks for the welcome back, I think I remember your name too. Don't best yourself up over the binge- pretty sure we've all been there. I know I have! My problemis always that one day of crazy eating tturns into 2, then 3, then I stop even trying. Hoping this time is different! I have no doubt you'll be back on plan today.

Yesterday and the day before I was feeling bloated and I've been breaking out so I'm pretty sure TOM is just around the corner. So imagine my surprise when I stepped on the scale expecting to see 233 again for the fourth day in a row, and instead seeing 228.4! Haven't seen the 220s in quite some time so that was a happy moment. I hope I plow through them quickly. I'm going to plan out my meals for the day, clean house, and some brave the snowy streets later on to hit the the gym. Have a good one, everyone.
kaelah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:23 PM   #108  
bee

S/C/G: 265.5/240/160

Height: 5'7"

Kawaii: You are fine! I think putting so much thought on binge days can make it worse. It's going to happen every so often. It's not good, but I know for me, food is like an addiction. And it's horrible cause you actually need it to survive. So, it's not like drugs that aren't good for you so you can just cut it out completely.

----
I'm doing better with the boy situation. But yesterday morning I woke feeling quesey and light headed. I thought I just needed to eat something but it turned into an all day vomit/diarrhea fest. I'm not sure if it is apart of the gallbladder problem or if I caught a virus. (My baby brother was diarrhea-ing for the past few days.) Or maybe a combo of the two. Today, I am just thankful the vomit has stopped. I lost count at 20 times yesterday. And I've only had the poo-problem twice. I know you all want to know that! But today, I checked my weight for the heck of it and I was down almost 5 pounds and that was at 5 in the afternoon!! And I know my weight fluctuates a lot during the day so I am wondering if the morning weight would have been less. Not that it matters, because I am sure that once I can handle a real meal again it, my weight will balance out.
beahawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:16 AM   #109  

kaelah: yeah, i know what you mean... i was always like that before too. not this time, but i still feel disappointed in myself for even doing it in the first place. meh. congrats on the surprise drop though! that's awesome!

bea: i know. it totally IS an addiction! people are like "come on, fat people! all you need to do is to stop stuffing your face!! you can do it". it's like, would you say to an alcoholic "all you need to do is to stop drinking!!" and then leave them in a house full of booze, or take them to a bar with you and expect them not to drink? yeah... of course it's an addiction... and our situation sucks thanks for the sympathy though! sorry you're feeling like crap! maybe it could be food poisoning since your brother is sick as well? i hope you feel better soon!

heeeey guys! well, i was good today... finally! lol. but god... weighed myself this morning and it said 80.6kg... T____T that's like 3lbs up from where it should be... i knew it was gonna be horrible, but still it was harsh seeing that. I am not discouraged, and i'm gonna keep going, but the only thing that made me sad was realizing that i've pretty much f*cked up my chances of reaching my valentine's day goal of 170lbs, and that makes me super sad because 2 weeks ago, it seemed like i was gonna get there no problem *cries*

oh well.

so today was spent mostly procrastinating. i have papers to grade (of which i've done only one class) and a full lesson to plan, annnd not much of that got done. lol. hope y'all are enjoying your sunday...
Old 01-27-2013, 09:02 AM   #110  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

Kawaii- Don't beat yourself up too badly over the weight gain. I'm sure everything will be fine, the important thing is that you realize the mistake and continue on.

Bea- That sucks. I hope you feel better soon.

Kaelah- Las Vegas sounds like a lot of fun! I went there after I graduated from high school, and loved it. Everything is totally over the top. Good luck on getting to your goals!

------
It's good to see all of you. Sorry I haven't been posting, I have been lurking but I have been so busy with school that I haven't had time to post except for the weigh-in. I am down to 227.2, and I'm very happy with that number. Only 0.4 lbs to go and I'll be able to catalog a loss for the month.

Well, I don't have a ton to report this morning, just to say . Have a great day all.
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:14 AM   #111  
bee

Kaelah: I complety forgot to welcome you in my post. I feel like a super b. My goal weight is in the overweight range too. My doctor suggested 140, but then suggested that the bmi goal isn't really correct so if I feel comfortable at another place, great. But really, I think 150 is healthy, who is anyone to say just because it is in the overweight category it's bad, you could be super muscular! Or be really comfortable and 10 pounds lighter look gross lol.

Kawaii: I don't think it's food poisoning. I think there is a virus going around his preschool and the teachers aren't sending/keeping the kids from going to school. But it's ok, today is already going a lot better, I woke up about an hour ago, from my cat screaming at me and I did not need to run to the toilet. Which is a good start, well would have been without the dumb cat. Meh.
And it's true, about the food. And sure, not every single overweight person has the addiction, but some do and they don't recognize it. And that makes it horrible too. I go to my boyfriends and I feel like all he wants to do is make me eat icecream and cheeseburgers. If you have insurance, I am on a prescription that is amazing. Phentermine (Adapex) It keeps me from wanting to eat stuff. I take it 3 weeks on and then 2 weeks off to make sure I know how to say no to things. It has really really helped me. I have such low metabolism that it sparks something in my body to get it going again.

Namaste: I understand about school. I hope it's going well! 227.2 is great!!!

---------------------------------
Well, all my friends seem to ask me the big question at the very same time once a year! It's crazy. After this though, I have ran out of friends! I am going to be in my best friends wedding! Idk when it is, and he hasn't technically asked yet, but it's one of those he's in bootcamp now and so they write lovydovy letters kind of thing. So, she is positive after he graduates. I am excited! I love the planning of the wedding and she and I have been planning our weddings since the 7th grade. I hope none of the previous plans are viable options. The horror! Ok, well I need to work on the homework I didn't do because I was nastysick. Ok have a rest of your weekend!!!
Old 01-27-2013, 04:21 PM   #112  
Ready for a smaller me.

Kawaii: What do you teach? I taught 7th grade science for three years and now I'm in early childhood ed. I did preschool for awhile and now I'm working with infants and toddlers. TOTALLY agree about the addiction thing. This journey is totally emotional conditioning as well as physical. It's TOUGH and people who haven't been there have no idea just how hard it is. And I'm sorry that you saw a jump on the scale, but good on you for powering through!

namaste: Thanks! I'm really excited about Las Vegas. I've never been! Right now it'll be a trip with my mom and sister, but my extended family loves Vegas and goes just about every year, so I'm sure there will be lots of family there. It'll also be the first time I'll see most of them since getting back on track, so I really want to look my best! It is a great motivator. CONGRATS on your loss!

beahawkins: No worries! Thanks for the reassurance about my goal weight. I have no idea how I'll feel when I get there, and might want to get down lower (I think I will), but getting that low is going to be a journey in itself so I'll reevaluate it when I get there! I'll be in a wedding this year, too, so we have that in common. We are gonna rock those bridesmaid dresses!

----

I had a great on-plan day yesterday and a good workout. I pushed myself with cardio and did some heavier lifting. I am SORE today, but it's a great feeling! I have the rest of my day planned out and still have almost 800 calories left, so lots of wiggle room for some healthy snacks when the hungry pangs hit. I went to the grocery, too, and got lots of stuff for lunches this week. I plan on hitting the produce market early this week to load up on those. I feel happy, excited, and confident about all this, and I really want to work to keep it that way.

Hope everyone's weekends are ending well!
Old 01-27-2013, 04:32 PM   #113  
Underdog to Beastmode

Bea- So glad you're feeling better. Thanks, that's the lowest I've been in awhile so I'm very excited about it.

Kaelah- That's awesome to hear. I went with my family, and my younger sis who was about 16 at the time. Also, it's fun to walk the strip, though we didn't get to do that because all four of us were pretty out of shape back then. Make sure you ride the gondolas at the Venetian, that's a lot of fun!
-----
Got some new beading wire and findings (the things that close the necklace) today so I can start some necklaces and bracelets if I have time this week. I will be sure to post them if I make any that are cool.

Last edited by namaste984; 01-27-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:37 AM   #114  
bee

Namaste: That sounds awesome! I haven't worked with beads in forever!

Kaelah: Yeah we are!!
------------------------------------------

Well, I am having really bad night. I am having my second gallbladder attack this week on top of being sick the last few days. I am so sick of it all. My chest feels like a huge ballon, I am starving because I threw up my dinner. And even though it's all out I still have so so so much pressure. On the bright side, I have a scheduled ultrasound to check it out in the morning. So, hopefully this will show up. But with my luck when I wake up it will be gone. I am nervous though. If it is my gallbladder and they take it out, I think I will have to be on a special diet, an even more special diet. I do not want have to follow a special diet. However, if someone sat down with me and told me exactly what will and won't cause trouble, I think I could do it. It's all confusing. And I am so freaking exhausted. I just really want to cry. I am going to try to sleep. My appt. is at 830. : ) Hope all is well!
Old 01-28-2013, 05:12 AM   #115  

namaste: you're doing good, girl! well done!

bea: they have pills for that?! lol. i do have insurance, but it's probably not available in japan medicine here is like stuck in the middle ages or something... it's really ridiculous! will have to go at it the old fashion way... hope you feel better soon though! i know how much it sucks to always be sick

kaelah: i teach ESL to junior high school first years at an all girls school, and then i have another school where i teach high school seniors advanced english. completely different. lol. i could not teach toddlers though. the little ones make me crazy. in fact, teaching the 7th-graders is draining enough! and i'm super worried cuz at my high school they wanna switch me to the JHS section next year to teach grade 7&8 T_T dun wannnnaaaaa.... well done for staying on plan today though! and i'm sooo jealous you get to go to Vegas! XD

hi guys! not much on my end today. had the day off (aren't i always off these days? lol) but i got work tomorrow, blerh... i spent most of my day prepping lessons and lazing around. did my 30DS. scale went down, thank GOD lol. not quite back to where it should but more in the relm of acceptable. lol. i really wanted to go to the gym today (since i had nothing else to do...) but making my powerpoint took too long and it's pretty late now and i still have to cook dinner and plan my lesson for tomorrow (which is NOT gonna take ridiculously long like that powerpoint for my other school... lol) and i should go to bed early so... next time!

have a good Monday y'all!
Old 01-28-2013, 06:40 PM   #116  
Ready for a smaller me.

Namaste: Beading sounds like fun. I love crafty stuff and go through phases of doing a bunch of stuff and then nothing for awhile.

Bea: I hope the appointment went well, and I'm sorry you are going through so much! Feel better!

Kawaii: Totally understand that!! The toddlers definitely come with their own set of challenges! I just could not take the attitudes and apathy my middle school students gave me. It was so frustrating! Hope the rest of your day off went well!

---

I've been on plan today, wooot! My stomach started to feel upset a little while ago, which worries me because my gf just got over the stomach flu. Ick, I do not want that! I feel ok now though so I'm hoping it stays that way. I didn't plan anything for dinner so I don't know what I'll have. I'm hoping the leftovers didn't all disappear while I was at work, haha.

I'm stressing a little bit about this bridesmaid dress. My friend is a little bit bridezilla, and insists that we get the dresses by the end of March because David's Bridal says it could take 6-8 weeks to come in, and then 6-8+ weeks for alterations on top of that. Well, her wedding isn't until October!! I do not plan on being even close to the same size in October as I will be in March. I know she will freak out if I wait, and I certainly don't want to order it TOO late and not have it in time. But, my best friend's wedding was in 2011 and she also had her dresses through David's Bridal, and I ordered it about a month before the wedding and it was in within 2 weeks. So stressed! If I buy it in March, what are the chances that the alterations will be able to handle a big change? I don't know much about alterations so I don't know!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:19 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Aww Bea! Feel better soon

kaelah- I'm not sure how much the dress could be taken in without essentially paying for the dress a second time in alterations fees! Maybe contact David's Bridal and ask them how many sizes "down" they are able to alter? Maybe order it a size or two smaller than you are right now, so that way when it gets closer to October and needing alterations, you won't have as far to alter down. Either way, friend needs to chill

I've been kinda bummed out lately- still in the midst of my super wonderful plateau, and I'm getting frustrated. I know this is the point where I'm supposed to tell myself I'm so much healthier and blah blah blah, but honestly I couldn't care less about my health. I'm not losing weight for my health. I'm losing weight to be hot. Or less unattractive, whichever

Biggest Loser comes on in about 45 minutes, and I'm considering having a super workout session during the show. Maybe I will absorb some good TBL scale juju.

I know with my medical issues (suspected PCOS, a thyroid condition, and insulin resistance) that weight loss will be slow going, but I'm eating 1200-1300 calories a day! I've checked online calculators, and they say I should be eating anywhere from 1700-1900 a day to maintain. If I ate 1700-1900 calories a day ...I'd be 250 pounds by the end of the year. I wonder if there's some medical test that can be performed that tells you exactly, for your specific body, how many calories you need. If I'm supposed to eat 1147 calories to lose, fine! Just tell me! *grumble*

Sorry for the rant
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:16 PM   #118  
Underdog to Beastmode

Bea- Oh noes! I hope everything turns out better soon. That's a lot to go through, but I'm sure once you get through this there will be some awesome things on the other side.

Kaelah- Yeah I love beading! I made a bracelet today but didn't have a crimp tube (it closes off the end so the fastener doesn't falloff) so it's in the bead box and I will finish it tomorrow. Sorry your gf is sick-- hope she feels better soon.

Kawaii- Thanks girly!

Penmage- Sorry to hear you are having trouble losing weight. With the conditions you have, you may want to see a doctor or nutritionist to find that sort of thing out. A general calculator wouldn't tell you if you have a lot of things working against you. Best of luck to you!
-----
Woohoo! Weighed in at 226.6, finally. I was very excited, and now I have officially catalogued a loss for the month. I am hoping for another loss tomorrow but we'll see. I've been on a roll lately but I'm sure it will eventually slow down.

Took my first test today for this semester. I am a bit nervous, but I'm sure I'll do fine. I am enjoying school this semester, my professors are crazy but lot of fun.

Going to finish watching TBL and get back to life in the books. Have a great day all!
Old 01-29-2013, 01:38 AM   #119  
bee

Kawaii: Yeah they have a few different prescribed weight loss pills now. It has been my lifesaver. My metabolism is so low that it kind of feels like it I don't take the pills I gain. But when I do take them I average about 2 pounds per week. What sucks is that in Ohio it is the law that the doctor prescribes the for 3 months you have a 3 month break and then another 3 month on. It's kind of lame. Like, hey if you do it straight for a year, I will be done losing, sooooo then I'll never have to take them again!

They do it that way to stop the street selling of it (it's legal speed), the addiction of it and there is a big chance that it could stop working after a continuous use. But, thankfully I have a.d.d. ( ) and so my doctor prescribes me other stimulants. stupid body. but hey. whatever! They might have something over there, it just probably is hidden by the super secretive Japanese secret... (I am tired? lol)
Oh! and I totally agree about being about to work with kids. I am amazed at the people who can do it!

Kaelah: Oh no! I hope you don't get sick and that you're gf is feeling better. Stomach flu is nasty and the one going around, is apparently resistant to hand sanitizer?? I was in a wedding about 2 years ago. Her's was in November, it was suggested that we order ours super early. We ordered in mid-July and picked them up in early August. I think you would be fine to order closer to the date. And then maybe after you receive the dress go into maintenance mode? Goodness brides obsessing!

Penmage: maybe try to like crazy amp up your workout a couple of days and then take a day off and eat ice cream and a cheeseburger. And then the next day do another crazy workout and then see if that helps at all...
I feel the exact same way about the calorie stuff. The other day my mom and I were talking about nutrician. (She's a nurse) She said that to maintain most people eat like 2000+ calories a day. My jaw dropped. I would gain 50lbs in 3 months doing that! Dumb thyroid! But the doctor might be a good one to ask.

Namaste: Yay! for the loss! What classes are you taking?

------------------------------------------
Thanks Everyone! I am hoping there are some awesome things ahead!!

Well, the ultrasound went decent. They didn't freak out and say I was going into labor. Which is what I pictured... I watch too much I didn't know I was pregnant. But they also didn't tell me what they saw. The tech and I spent the hour chattin about makeup and our families. It felt like the haircut equal to doctors appointments.

I am not longer pukey or diarrhea-y. But I am constipated. I have never ever ever been constipated. I do not like it! My mom says it's cause I am still dehydrated from this weekend. I took fiber. So, I am hoping here soon something changes.
: ) Have a good day!
Old 01-29-2013, 04:31 AM   #120  

kaelah: eheh, yeah, it's usually one way or another with teachers congrats on being OP today! about the dress... i would just go in March to not stress your friend out and maybe get the dress a little tight. alterations should not be too expensive (and they know how to do it well, happens all the time, you know ) so if it's not worth your sanity to leave it up to the last minute, i would just do that. also, not to be a party pooper and say you can't do it, but i dunno how many times i said "i will be so much smaller in xx months!!" and then ended up falling off the wagon. you don't wanna buy a dress way too small that you won't be enough to fit in at the end either. good luck!

penmage: aww... i'm sorry about your plateau. though your comment about doing it to look hot made me laugh. haha. i feel the same. how about increasing your cardio?? (i know, i hate it too...) sometimes when we workout we do more muscle stuff, and though we are getting fitter, it's not showing up on the scale... anyhow, good luck! and ooh, you just reminded me i need to go stream the new episode of BL!!

namaste: go you! it keeps going down! omg, tests already?! blergh... so glad i'm not a student anymore!!

bea: wow, i didn't know that!! well... it does make sense to give your body a bit of a rest... though i can understand how that could be frustrating... my metabolism is pretty slow too, i think... i always lose really slowly i wish i could get me summa those pills!! glad to hear you're feeling a wee bit better!!

hey everyone!! i finally had a proper day of work after all this free time (lol) so i'm a bit sleepy... i also have to motivate myself to put my workout clothes on and do my 30DS before dinner (which i really don't wanna)... lol. i got some pork and veggies to cook for dinner so everything should go well. oh btw, i recently started incorporating carbs and fruits into my diet... hopefully should be okay as long as i don't pig out on apples... lol. at the moment "carbs" is pretty much just oatmeal and the occasional sweet potato though... they still scare me. i hope that i can keep on losing weight like this... otherwise i'll have to say bye bye to them again...

well, wish me luck for that workout! lol.