Old 01-10-2013, 07:11 AM   #61  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Ok ok - it's time for me to get my life back together and put down the fork. Good God - talk about Holiday Eating! Wowzers! I weighed in and promptly rejoined WW. LOL - I only gained 8lbs throughout the holidays which lasted a solid 6-8 weeks for me. Considering, I'm the girl that gained 12lbs on her honeymoon I'm actually pleased with only 8lbs.

Also, sh*t got real when I looked at my training schedule for our triathlons this year and realized training starts March 3rd with our season opener in May. Back to the gym next week (hopefully - I currently have a miserable head cold.) What I have realized is that when I stop working out for longer than a week or so I get sick. That motivation is enough to keep it together.

So nice to see so many new faces along with so many familiar ones!

Last edited by SoMuchFattitude; 01-10-2013 at 12:53 PM.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #62  
bee

S/C/G: 265.5/240/160

Height: 5'7"

Namaste: I understand about not being able to move out of the parents. I am splitting my time pretty much evenly between my parents' houses. And my mom is FINALLY getting a place with a bedroom for me. Since last March I have been sleeping on her couch when I go there and she is anal so if the bed isn't cleaned up in time or it's not in the perfect way she gets annoyed or if I am doing homework in the living room. So, it will be nice to have a place to be by myself!

----------------
I just can't keep up to date!! Life is just taking over! I missed yesterday's work out but worked out on tuesday. Working out today after class. (Weirdly, one of my prof's has canceled the first week of classes due to professional conflicts... sounds kind of unprofessional to me.) And then I have this Mary Kay party for my friend. And tomorrow I get to paint my room! I haven't got to paint my room in 6 years! Yay!!

6 classes = a whole lot of homework. It's making me nervous!!
beahawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #63  
lisa34t

S/C/G: 231/ticker/160-175

Height: 5"3

All is going well today. I went to the gym yesterday. I think my workout is improving, but can be better. Im not sure exactly what I happened but Im not 199 or 200 or 201 anymore. I think may have to do with muscle, but Im not going to the let the numbers get me down because I soooo see the improvement! Plus I have that pot of money to win at the end of the month!

KawaiiCandie appyfizz Hotaruchan - I dont plan to take multiple pictures throughout the day, I plan it to be just one photo. I figure this may help me with staying on point and eating what I say Im going to eat and the half of the vegetable is my fridge wont go bad b/c I choose to be spontaneous. Here is my photo for today. Most of it came to work with me because Im going to the gym today. So the Lean cuisine and a salad will be dinner.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100MEDIA$IMAG2754.jpg (18.1 KB, 17 views)
lisa34t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:06 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Wow! Apparently I've really slacked off the monthly thread. I'll be better now!

Bea- Good luck with classes! You'll do great. What color are you painting your room? Mine is a super exciting cream color right now, so I'll live vicariously through you

SoMuch- Feel better! I hope WW works out well for you

As for me....

OMG BEST APPETITE KILLER EVER!! (Don't read if you're squeamish or are currently eating)

*dun dun dun* Fertilized, bloody eggs! My cousin raises chickens and we get a carton of eggs from her every month or so. I was going to crack a couple for scrambled eggs for dinner, and two were bloody! Not like a little bloody, full on "egg whites are red" bloody. It was disgusting.
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:03 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 205/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

KawaiiCandie: That must suck!! Thankfully, I do not suffer at all during my periods. Maybe they feel guilty for showing up irregularly every time, so they tend to not make hoopla with my system whenever they care to show up

namaste: Even I am trying to find an app on my android phone to log my meals. They have some fantastic free apps for that, however their database on Indian food sucks big time. So they are mostly useless for me. I currently use a website to track my food intake, however finding a every time I pop something in my mouth becomes difficult

Hotaruchan: Kids are fun, until you start to teach them something. At least all that bouncing and running around them is helping you shed some weight

SoMuchFattitude: Loved your screen name

Beahawkins: Painting sounds like fun. Have you narrowed down on any colour yet?? Even I am planning to paint my room a bright yellow with maybe a different colour to one of the wall – say violet or something. I am just bored seeing the beige wall staring back at me. ****, I may go ahead and spray paint one wall just to bring out the inner artist in me.

Also, homework sounds so much fun as compared to slogging for 9 hours/day, 6 days a week How I wish I could turn back time and be back in college. Especially since I was at least 40 lbs lighter than today

Penmage: Eeewww…I just had boiled eggs as part of my lunch and almost threw it up after reading your post Gross, gross, gross!!!

lisa34t : wow!! So you plan at the start as to what all you will consume for the entire day. That’s a better way to track calories. Mine is more spontaneous. I just carry my lunch to work, and for practically everything else, order a salad or fruit plate or something. Thinking of carrying fruits and some light snacks as well

-----------------------------

After a week of busting my a** in the gym, eating healthy and filling myself with the required amount of water, I have finally managed to shed half a pound.

At this rate, to reach my goal weight I will require another 150 weeks, anddddd
150 weeks = 37.5 months = more than 3 years

This thought alone is freaking me out.

And BTW, I subscribed to this thread so that I can receive an e-mail if anyone posts, and I did get notifications initially. But somehow stopped getting them now. Any idea why??
appyfizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:00 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

lisa: oh i see. that means you've already decided all you're gonna eat during the day so you can't stray. i guess that's a good plan

appyfizz: you're lucky!! i hate getting my periods so much cuz of those damn headaches... i really wish i'd get cramps instead cuz at least i could function! aww... don' worry hun, it won't take you 3 years! sometimes you lose a little and sometimes you lose a lot, and the trick is simply not giving up! a loss is a loss, so congratulations!

not much to report today. i've been extra lazy, lol. i did my workout and ran some errands and procrastinated on planning my lessons for next week. i know i still have 3 more days but i know it's gonna take long so... lol.
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:31 AM   #67  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

IT'S FRIDAY!!!

This was the week from h*ll so thank God it's Friday! I'm settling back in nicely with WW and forgot how easy it is! I haven't done it in probably 3 years, so it's a nice change of pace. I lost my bulk of weight on WW but for some odd reason got the bright idea that I could do it on my own without the program and basically maintained... brilliant, right? HA! I like the new PP+ program, too, so that helps a lot!

For those of you that were here awhile ago, DH did take the job he was headhunted for started on Monday. I'm a very happy lady because it's super professional there and he has to shave every day, wear dress slacks, ties, button ups, sweaters...oh my. All I can say is OH MY. Something about a business man just does it for me... He told me I have to at least let him put his briefcase down before I jump his bones when he gets home. Pfft - those are minor details, in my opinion.

Anyhow! We're trying to take it easy this weekend, since DH did start his new job and I'm getting over this cold...but that never happens. We are going to a comedy show tonight, my SIL's bday tomorrow and then watching our Dirty Birds play on Sunday! WOOHOO! NFL Playoffs! Rise up, ATL! (sorry, huge Falcon's fan here....)

Happy Friday, ladies.

------------
beahawkins - Glad to see you're still trucking along with school! Are you Wednesday's any easier now? What color are you painting your room?

lisa34t - HI! How are you?! Did you ever make those burritos? And once I started doing weights I noticed physical changes but not scale changes. I was oddly okay with that. lol!

penmage - Thanks! Oh farm life! lol

appyfizz - Thank you! Remember, -.5 is better than +.5!

KawaiiCandie - Kinda like Lisa, I track my WW points in the morning before the day starts so I'm less likely to stray. Whatever it takes, I guess. lol
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:18 AM   #68  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Penmage- Absolutely vile, lol. Good thing I don't eat eggs by themselves, cause I think if I did I would never eat them again.

appyfizz- Yup, I recently upgraded to an iPhone (way to go, parental bribery ) and I love the way it lets me track things. I can imagine if it is an American-based program it won't track international food very well. I love Indian food, though I'm sure it's different in India than it is in the US.

SoMuch- Sounds like you have it made with the business man! My fiancé is in culinary school so he has to wear the whole getup with the chef's hat and everything, and today I get to see him in it for the first time. I think it will be very nice indeed when I see him being all professional and stuff.

Lisa- That is so awesome that you're taking the photos! That looks like a very healthy meal for the first day.
---------
Omg yesterday was craaaaazy. I kept meaning to send posts all day, but I kept getting distracted by one thing or another. On the plus side, my iPhone came in and I was able to play with all the fancy buttons and get MFP and some other things installed on there. I also found some podcasts from Jillian Michaels which I was listening to most of the evening yesterday.

On the negative side, I realized why having state-based insurance sucks, because yesterday I ran out to pick up some pharmaceuticals and left having paid $271 out of pocket for them (though thankfully my parents are paying for them until I finish college). My mom heard about this and just went crazy, and told me how they won't have money until next Tuesday, and I just felt horrible. I promised myself I wouldn't get upset and eat, but unfortunately willpower only takes you so far. Thankfully it was only a half-pound gain, but I need to keep a better handle on that sort of thing. It can just be frustrating when you work so hard then pretty much undo it in one sitting.

/END negativity

Anyhoo, I'm picking myself up and starting over again, because I can't quit when I've been doing so well. I'm probably going to work out again this morning, maybe go around the path at the park again (about 4 miles). It's a lot of fun and might relieve some of the stress I've been under. Anyhoo, I hope all of you have an awesome day.

Last edited by namaste984; 01-11-2013 at 11:19 AM.
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:59 AM   #69  
lisa34t

Day 2!

I did stray a bit yesterday....My aunt bar b que'd and she is the queen of Bar B que..so indulged and had 1 rib...Lose It says it was about 330 calories so I still remained within my calorie budget. As far as today, Im cooking dinner so I will have to take a separate picture. And I will only have the protein shake & Snack pack if I make it to the gym today. My BF wants to go see Dark 30 or whatever it is so Im not sure. I will mostly just end up doing Turbo Fire, because I need to see a decent number Sunday.

Namaste- It was very healthy...besides my minor stray but I just couldn’t resist!

Somuch----- YES a MAN in business attire is a complete turn on and even better when he is yours! LOl , yes I made the burritos..made two batches! I scaled the recipe down so I ony had 10 per batch. I like them but I need to scale the calories down for breakfast so I been on my oatmeal with flax seeds.

appyfizz- yes it helps when I plan, so my challenge is to do it for 10 days and attempt to make a habit of of it, because when Im spontaneous .....I suck!

penmage-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100MEDIA$IMAG2758.jpg (20.2 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by lisa34t; 01-11-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:15 AM   #70  

SoMuch: lol about your man-in-a-suit comments... it's kinda funny for me because, in Japan, EVERYONE wears suits all the time, even lowly office workers... my bf is still in school, but one time he came over after he had a special presentation at school and he was looking soooo fine! lol. so i understand your feeling. congrats on getting back on track with WW.

Namaste: oh man, that sucks about the insurance stuff that's the reason i switched mine recently. i had a private insurance from my company, and i had to pay everything upfront and it was REALLY expensive... nevermind the fact that after i made a claim back they were like "hum no. we're not paying you for that cuz you could've avoided it." EXCUSE ME?!??! much happier now that i'm back on the Japan National Insurance... we'll see how happy i am still when i get my first bill though... lol. but anyways, feel your pain! i'm sad you had to resort to food to make yourself feel better though, but don't dwell on it! you dust yourself up and you get back up! good girl!

Lisa: lol, why do you spell barbecue like that? hey, as long as you stayed within your calories then i'd say all is well!! looks like you and your man have a fun weekend planned up. don't stress too much about things! life is good

Not much to report again today. am staying on plan and i'm now on level 2 of 30DS and it's HARD! lol. I might go to the gym later, though at this point it seems highly unlikely, haha... i think once i finally get my lessons in order, i can get back to just going to the gym more often but now i'm like "i should really be planning those lessons!!!" why do i procrastinate so much?? lol.

have a good saturday, everyone!
Old 01-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #71  
lisa34t

LOL KawaiiCandie thats just away of abbreviating barbeque here in the south.

All is good here, Im super excited about tomorrow's WI. Im most positive that I fixed the damage I did in Houston last weekend.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:20 PM   #72  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Kawaii- Because that's the cool way to spell it, lol. They always spelled it that way on the barbecue places where I grew up. As for the insurance, I'm one of those fun people who has a "pre-existing condition." So basically I'm like a social pariah when it comes to insurance, they won't give me a dime except through this really crappy insurance that comes through the state and basically makes no difference in how much you pay for scrips. It sucks. But I digress.
---------
So, I had one of those "aha" moments today. The last three days have been absolutely horrible as far as eating goes, and I've been tired all the stinkin' time. On the up side, I've still been going to my PiYo classes and kicking the skinny girls butts. But I still ate too much. Either way, after taking a five-hour nap (which I never do) I wondered to myself if that was all I was going to do the rest of my life, eat, sleep, and pretty much do nothing else. I decided no, I wasn't, and will carry on as such. That feels good, to be able to have enough control of things that I can say, "That's enough."

Anyhoo, I've got nothing else, lol. Have a great evening all.
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:29 PM   #73  

lisa & namaste: haha, really? i never knew that!

namaste: good for you. and you know, eating crap makes you feel tired all the time. i would be like that before. i would come home from work, so tired, have a snack and just pass out at like 6 or 7pm and sleep for 2 hours, then wake up and have dinner... i actually physically feel much healthier since i've been eating well. so good luck!!! it is definitely worth it!!

well, another slow day for me. scale says the same. gonna have a late breakfast and then do my 30DS. laze about for a bit and then hopefully take myself to the gym. bf is doing homework. again. aaaah, i can't wait til his stupid semester ends... T_T

Last edited by KawaiiCandie; 01-12-2013 at 10:31 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:41 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 205/see ticker/130

KawaiiCandie : oooh..that sucks. was going through the same phase..no change for 5 days, and in the last 3 days lost 2 lbs..so you too be ready for the drop soon

namaste : hey, at least you have realised that you have had enough. now you will be back on track soon

--------

so now i am officially 203 lbs..just 4 lbs more and I will hit onderland..yay, me!! Nothing much. Going for a movie in the noon. Resisting the fresh pop corn is gonna be a task. but this 2 kbs is gonna help me get through..

Haven't any of you wondered, when we were not taking any efforts, that time a 2 lbs increase would have been ignored. But nw that we are trying to loose, even 2 lbs loss makes us so happy. Why didn't i bother earlier. Would have been so much easier. Hmm..at least better now than never
appyfizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:30 AM   #75  

appyfizz: good job! what movie did you see? i know, i love popcorn too...

oh man you guys... it is snowing here. it's f*cking snowing!! it never snows!! like, maybe once or twice a year but then it's just like wet stuff that melts as soon as it hits the ground. it's been snowing for several hours now and piling up everywhere, and since Tokyo has no idea how to deal with this much snow, most of the train lines have shut down and now i can't go to my yoga class!!! i'm really pissed off cuz i was really looking forward to it, even managed to do my 30DS early so i could be ready in time to go, and now this. i already hate snow SOMUCH (hello. i grew up in Montreal) but now, urgh!! it's like the universe doesn't want me to go work out, you know? lol. i can't remember what it was last week but i couldn't go last monday either. and this class isn't taught very often and the other times are just stupidly inconvenient (one of them is at 10pm on tuesday night. that's fun. i gotta be up at 6am the next day. hum. no) so i'm just bummed.

now the only thing i have to do is clean my house cuz bf is coming over tomorrow, and i just don't wanna cuz i hate cleaning possibly even more than i hate working out. lol.

in better news, i think my scale was lying to me this morning when it said. 78.4kg. yesterday it was 79.2kg. i'm sorry, but that's like a kilo.. what?!?! so i had a shortlived happiness there this morning. lol. moved my ticker down to 173lbs and we'll see what happens!

hope y'all have a good monday!

Last edited by KawaiiCandie; 01-14-2013 at 12:31 AM.