Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

epicskyline have you tried walking lunges? I swear my booty whips right into shape when I add those regularly to my routine
a warning- they are deadly and make you oh so sore, but I love them for that same reason.
baker good luck on the job search! It's a rough market, but I'm sure you'll find your niche soon
I've been a dancing fool since it's the only workout I can find that interests me at the moment. I dance like a crazy preson for about an hour everyday and I can feel the soreness and tightening happening. I'm on TOM now, but hopefully I see the scale movement soon!
Old 01-11-2013, 02:26 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Riestrella - Thank you for the advice! I think I'll start researching what foods will be available to me ahead of time so I can start thinking of ways to alter current recipes.

Baker23 - Good luck on the job hunt, I'm right there with you. It's tough out there right now but I'm sure we'll both find something!
Old 01-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 160/163/120

Height: 5'2"

Hey all! Hope everyone is having a good week staying on plan I am officially going on vacation in less than 5 weeks and freaking out right now!
My sister booked the tickets and is surprising me with the location, but we're going somewhere hot.

As excited as I am to be escaping the cold, I'm at the heaviest I've been in 5 years and am feeling very self-conscious about wearing a bathing suit. I've kicked my workouts up but these days I can't get my head into doing a restrictive diet i.e. cutting out sugar. I generally eat healthy and have been counting calories staying in my range, but I know cutting sugar/refined carbs would help me lose weight quickly, but I can't seem to resist my chocolate cravings LOL!

I guess I'll just have to see how this week's weigh-in goes and decide if I need to find my will power.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:28 PM   #229  

S/C/G: S/C/G 290/Ticker/150

Height: 5'7

I feel ur pain ruby5839! I feel pretty addicted to sugar as well! I love soda and chocolate. Have you tried the fiber one 90 calorie brownies? I really like them! They help satisfy my cravings and I have one almost everyday lol. Maybe pick one treat (like a chocolate bar) that you allow yourself to have that fits into your calorie range so you dont feel deprived but are still cutting way back on your sugar. Good luck and have fun on vacation!
Old 01-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #230  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Ok so I lost 3 whole lbs this week!!? I knew that I would drop weight after England but I never realised it would be that much in 1 week! So I'm feeling pretty epic about myself right now.

I've got a concert tonight!! I'm seeing Muse, my favourite band for 11 years. It's going to be amazing I can tell, and it's going to be strange watching them in Japan since I've always seen them in England!

Good luck to everyone this week, I'm seeing some amazing numbers on the spreadsheet!

---

angie - Ooh, I love a good old swoosh! Just stay on track and the scale will reflect your progress after your body is finished doing it's thang ;p

princessgina - Holy cr@p girl!! You owned this week!

LucyOlivia - That's fine!!

Angeloflove - Thanks a bunch! I will let you know =)

epicskyline - I don't think I could do strength training without some motivation, which is why I like home workouts because if they're doing it I have to do it too!

bunna - Oohh, so exciting to be out of the 160s! I remember how badly I wanted out of it too, now I badly want out of the 150s!! You can do it!

PageLynn - I haven't started it yet!! I'm waiting for Monday since there's a schedule to follow. I've taken a look at a few of the workouts and they look like my kinda thing! A good mix of strength, cardio and ab work just like 30DS but a bit more intense I think! We can be BR buddies =D

baker - Oh my god, can you stop being so freaking beautiful?! Your avatar picture is gorgeous! Good luck on the job search, it's tough and it does all sorts of things to ones confidence but hang in there!!

ruby - Don't put too much pressure on yourself! I think if you work out a lot and eat healthy then you'll feel great even though you might not be where you want to be in terms of weight to slip into a bathing suit! But just enjoy the holiday and remember that this is a journey and it's not over until you've reached your goal so look to the future =).
Old 01-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #231  
I WILL get there...again

S/C/G: 167/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

That 3 pound loss is awesome Riestrella! I'm both inspired and jealous!!
Old 01-11-2013, 08:12 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

Hey Guys,

This will probably not be a good scale week for me. It's been a super stressful week with less than perfect eating. I work at a nursing home and we're quarantined with the flu. Almost half the residents have it and some are really sick. I am dealing with anxious cooped up people that cannot leave their rooms (for a week now). I also need to wear a hot mask at all times (which irritates the heck outta me). I've been coming home completely drained. I'm also working on the external aspects of my internship applications (transcripts, letters of recommendation, paper work). UGH! Too much stress.

The good news is I got a raise, but with taxes going up I pretty much take home the same amount.

I will be accountable and post my weight on Sunday. hopefully this prevents things from getting even more out of hand. I feel like I've been full of excuses about my weight lately but given everything else I have going on at the moment it's not a very high priority. Hopefully I can be at least a little better next week.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:28 AM   #233  

S/C/G: 179/162/120

Height: 5'3

Well done Riestrella! And going to see Muse I am mucho jealous!
Had a bit of an up and down week but it been more up than down so fingers crossed as I weigh in tomorrow x
Old 01-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #234  
Just Keep on Running

S/C/G: 178/142.6/120

Height: 5'6.5

Hey ladies!!! For the next few days it is going to be in the 60s, where I am. I love days like these in january because its motivating. It reminds me that when the warm weather really hits, how much I really want to be at goal to really enjoy it and how important it is to me.

Anyone know what I mean?
Old 01-12-2013, 12:41 PM   #235  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

Height: 5'4"

Well second day done on the Jillian BR. I love it more than her other videos!
Old 01-12-2013, 01:20 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 175/143/130

Height: 5'4

Riestrella BR looks tough! Keep us posted on how it goes! I did 1.5 rounds of the 30ds in the summer but then got injured! I'm starting up again after I get over my cold. BUTTTT I like to know about what I might graduate on to next when I finish this next round of the 30DS.

I am finally starting to feel better. I've spent basically the last week in bed but I feel like I'm on the mend! Yay! I'm hoping to hit my goal before I head to Boston in March...I think it might be possible!

I'm so proud of everyone's weighins! You guys are awesome!
Old 01-12-2013, 04:12 PM   #237  
forever a lake effect kid

S/C/G: 262.6/181.3/162.6

Height: 5'4''

angiemama - I have been doing those and adding a pulsing motion too. You're right, they're a killer. I've only been doing it since Monday, so now changes in my body yet, but I can't wait. While doing them, I imagine the cute shorts and skirts I'll be wearing in the summer. LOL!
Old 01-12-2013, 04:53 PM   #238  
I WILL get there...again

Today was my "cheat day" but this is the second designated cheat day in a row that I've managed to not go completely overboard. I kept track of my calories and did 55 minutes of Zumba Rush (intense level) to offset my diet transgressions. I will still finish at a deficit today with my planned dinner, which is great for cheat day (especially considering how I used to view cheat day - as a free-for-all binge). Back on plan tomorrow! Friday is weigh in day and also measurement day this week so here's hoping for success.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #239  
I WILL get there...again

Quote:
Originally Posted by triptriptrip View Post
Today I realized that the scale isn't really proving to me that I'm getting smaller, just lighter. I invested in a seamstress tape measure today. I don't really have yet an idea of what size I want to be, but at least I will know what size I am.
I did that when I got frustrated with lack of scale movement. It really tells the tale more than the scale for me!
Old 01-13-2013, 04:55 AM   #240  

S/C/G: 172/165/132

Riestrella - I'm so excited for you that you got to see Muse! I have been wanting to see them for ages, and they are in Belgium all the time (even a few weeks ago), but somehow it has never worked out. I hope you had a double good time for me too.

Tomorrow's weigh-in will not be a great success for me, though I am trying. I have finals right now and can barely help eating while I am studying. Having said that, I do think I'm not doing too bad as I have continued to go to the gym.

ruby - Good luck, I hope you manage to feel bikini confident on your holiday! How exciting too that it's a surprise destination. I am going to LA in March and this is a great incentive for me too (though I'm not sure if it is going to be warm enough for a bikini there at that time).

Good luck to everyone! I cheer you on, mainly because I've always wanted to use this emoticon:
Closed Thread