Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #196  
lisa34t

S/C/G: 231/ticker/160-175

Height: 5"3

Well, Im glad to see so many being accountable. I havent WI this week yet due to being out of town this past Sunday and I like to WI on Sunday so Im going to add my reasoning in.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:25 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

I weigh in on Wednesdays. Looking forward to seeing the number in the morning. The 17 Day Diet is going well for me so far.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:46 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

I hope it's okay I joined too- I know I'm new, but I really need to get my booty in gear!
My son turns 1 this summer and I would like to wear a swimsuit to his beach weekend party!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:59 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 170/165/145

Height: 5-4

Arg, I marked that my weight has gone down on the scale, but I am on holiday and using the doctor's scale in the fitness room here. I just weighed myself on another scale in the house and i've gained weight! one tells me 168, the other says now 163. I think for my ego's sake i'll believe the latter...
Old 01-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #200  
Dropweight Diva

S/C/G: 245/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Linkovicha - I wouldn't stress about it. Different scales generally always weigh me a little differently. I just try to think of it that I'm measuring PROGRESS, not my absolute weight. That's why I try, generally, not to weigh myself on another scale too much. I stick to my scale at the same time every morning. I did weigh a five pound weight on it when I got it, though, because I've had the dreaded 10 pound gain due to finding out that my scale was weighing me 10 pounds lighter than I was. That was super fun.

PomWonderful - I know exactly what you mean! I tried to do the same thing this year, and I actually lost a pound over the holidays. I was absolutely stunned that I did it. I certainly don't think either of your accomplishments are trivial at all.

I was down a pound this past week, but my exercise goals have been totally thwarted this week. I'm so bummed. I woke up with some major tenderness/burning in my right trapezius muscle Tuesday morning for no apparent reason. I hung up some pictures the night before that made me stretch and twist a little because it was over countertop space, but I didn't feel like I hurt myself then at all. By the time I went to bed last night, my jaw was tight and my head was busting as well. This isn't the first time I've had major trouble with upperback/shoulder/neck pain (one reason I want to lose weight), but it was pretty bad last night. My zumba class is starting back for the first time after the holidays tonight, and while I'm really tempted to go, I don't think it's going to be a good idea.

I have, however, packed my lunch every day this week! The easiness of grabbing lunch out of the cafeteria is so alluring to me. While the school lunches have certainly gotten healthier, I can do better with my own lunch. Let's hope I keep it up.

Last edited by Song of Surly; 01-09-2013 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Bolding mishap.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #201  
funny mummy

S/C/G: 166/150/130

Height: 5ft 6"

OK, I was completely AWOL last week and didnt check in, sowwwyyy!

155 as of this morning. which is a lot better than I deserve Onward and downward!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:11 AM   #202  
Still Chubby

S/C/G: 79.8/72.5/66kg

Height: 172cm

I had a very weird "love the chub" experience. I was wearing a high waisted pencil skirt and was like "my tummy looks adorable". LOL. liesssssssss.

Also, weighed in this morning 1.5lbs down. I don't trust it, but it was nice to see. We shall see where I end up for Monday's weigh in.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:15 AM   #203  
forever a lake effect kid

S/C/G: 262.6/181.3/162.6

Height: 5'4''

tinneranne2 - There's no rule that says you can't appreciate how your body looks now, even though you are still working to improve it. I bet your tummy DID look adorable in that skirt!
Old 01-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #204  

pencils skirts always make me feel amazing. I think the shape is designed for women with curves so it's easy to love.
That plus a pair of heels always soars my confidence
Old 01-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #205  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

Linkovicha- I wouldn't worry to much about it...Alot of scales can be off so its best just to stick with one to track your progress...This past spring, my sis bought a scale so I started using her's(more accurate...well and my scale battery died and I didn't want to replace it right away.) Anyways, the first time I stepped on, it had me at 5 pounds heavier then my old one...I stuck with that scale

Song_of_Surly- I'm sorry that your feeling so sore, but be proud that your not using this as an excuse to backtrack, even if you have to take it slow for a few days...You'll be back to zumba in no time

Tinneranne- LOVEEE pencil skirts...They make my curvy figure really pop...Wish I could wear heels with mine tho...When I do, I end up at 6'2 -___- and always think that it scares people....

I'm staying on track...excerising for 45-60 minuntes a day, sticking to around 2000 calories...I saw 184.6 on the scale this morning which means I'm less then 5 pounds away from being back to my pre-summer/icecream/sugar weight ...hopefully that'll be a nice solid 184 by time my vacation hits in two weeks...
Old 01-09-2013, 06:17 PM   #206  

S/C/G: 175/143/130

Height: 5'4

tinner work it! I too am a fan of pencil skirts. Ahh so classy and sexy.

baker a good, tall lady friend of mine always always wore heels. She would rock these crazy like 4inch lovelies that made everyone swoon. I think it can be pulled off. She had this semi-dominatrix ain't-takin-your-junk attitude that STILL makes we think of her when I try on any pair of heels. So maybe you could try it!

Small victory-- over the last 3 months I started a job at a clothing store and noticed that when I started I was mostly an 8 but could do a 6 sometimes. Well over my crazy semester I gained about 4-5lb and my size 6 button ups were gapping at the bra. However today I put one on at it fit really well-- maybe even better than when I bought it. My jeans are also back to fitting better in the waist. I hope that by the end of this month they will be maybe too big for me!
Old 01-09-2013, 07:13 PM   #207  

yay for your lauracore! That's the best feeling. I love when clothes start fitting better.
I had a small (but kind of large) victory today too. I having having a crap day and always reach for food. Well I told myself I could reach for food if I wanted, but only fruits or veggies. So I had an orange.
I'm really trying to stop emotional eating. I want this to be the one that sticks!
Old 01-09-2013, 10:28 PM   #208  

S/C/G: 175/143/130

Height: 5'4

angie that is a great method!!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:45 PM   #209  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Here is the overall chart for week 1, ladies! Congratulations to CaliforniaDreamer for setting the standard for the challenge! Amazing work.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:52 PM   #210  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Hey everyone! How are you all doing?

Well, I back in Japan! Oh man, it's hard to keep on track when it's so easy to slip up! This is going to be harder than I anticipated. I just munched on pizza for lunch =(. What's wrong with me?!

I'm waiting for my Jillian Michaels to finish downloading from my Dropbox, then I'll get to work! The good news is that my dumbbells arrived, the bad news is the Zumba game I bought for the PS3 doesn't work without Playstation Move! The way the reviews were written I thought you could play it like a fitness dvd and not have the move controller hooked up, but I was wrong =(.

I'm going to cancel my gym membership this weekend since I no longer need it now I have a home workout to get started with on the 14th.

My apartment is starting to look a lot more homely now I have my pictures and posters here with me! It's nice feeling a bit more settled in my own place. Back to work tomorrow, I wish I could have another day just in bed. My jet lag isn't treating me nicely!

So my plan of action is - BREAK THE BAD EATING HABITS DEVELOPED OVER THE HOLIDAYS! For serials. Step 2 is START MOVING THAT FAT *** TO VICTORY! Exercise is a must! START COOKING HEALTHY MEALS, NOT SUCCUMBING TO LAZY OPTIONS! Yes indeedy!

Rie out!
Closed Thread