Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 10:22 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Oh! I'm also starting spin classes at my gym 3 times a week instead of doing the elliptical. I did one tonight and it's amazing how much I can sweat, lol.

Has anyone else had success doing cycling?

Last edited by MusicalAstronaut; 12-27-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:27 PM   #77  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

awesome thread...this is going to be fun! I'll have to check out that 30 day shred...it sounds intriguing. Thank you, ladies!
Old 12-28-2012, 06:30 AM   #78  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Lilbert - You're welcome! I hope the challenge helps you.

MusicalA - I'm glad to be back! Definitely do what you enjoy. I just made the decision to drop the gym and hit the home workouts because that's what I enjoy. I'm so psyched to get going in the new year (need to get myself some dumbbells first!) so just using this break as a chance to slob out before the real work starts! Glad to see you back here =)
Spinning is great for you! I'm sure you'll see improvement with spinning.

tinner - That's a good idea! Hope to see you on BR with me soon so we can share the pain ;p

Syckgirlsfv - No problemo whatsoever!! There have been previous challenges with people who haven't been in their 20's age is no issue here! 30DS is a good introduction to home workout videos. It's the first thing I did when I started my weight loss journey and it helped me lose the first 15 lbs. It can get a bit repetitive but it does work you out SO good!

lisa - That's the perfect way to start your journey! This is a good website to start educating yourself: http://www.choosemyplate.gov/ They've got some decent tools that tell you how much of each food group you should eat daily. Good luck on your journey and please post in here for support!

baker - I'm sure your family will be surprised at your progress! You look amazing =). I know what you mean about the holiday pudge!! I'm a bit scared to find out my starting weight...but got to start somewhere to reach my goal!!

CaliDreamer - 30DS is a great start to get going again! I'm starting Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution which I'm stoked about. I would recommend Shant T's Insanity if you want a challenge!! I too love home workouts =)

penmage - You can flaunt it in your home or your garden!!

lisa34t - Welcome!! I tend to weigh in throughout the week and choose my lowest weight as my weight for that week. Some might see it as cheating but I've never encountered issues with it.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:57 AM   #79  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

So I just watched the first workout from Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution and I'm so excited to get started! It's got a good mix of simple cardio, weight lifting and body toning moves that make me feel GREAT when I'm exercising and post-workout. I know it seems a bit weird watching the workout and not actually DOING it (I did just skip through it to see what I'm up against!) but I was curious and now I'm super excited to get started in the new year...

...Now I just have to face the scale and see what I'm up against weight wise!! I've not felt this confident in a long time, so thank you for sharing this with me and joining my challenge to go on this journey with me! I'm really focused on reaching my ultimate goal weight in 2013!!

Last edited by Riestrella; 12-28-2012 at 07:00 AM.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:21 AM   #80  
1500 Max!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/119

Height: 5'6"

I am so excited for this to start, this is my first spreadsheet challenge and it's just what I need since I'm starting a new job in January. June was about my goal time anyway. Thanks Riestrella!
Old 12-28-2012, 10:21 AM   #81  
lisa34t

S/C/G: 231/ticker/160-175

Height: 5"3

Riestrella- I did that with my Turbo Fire. I still haven't done them all, because lately I only use them when I cant get to the gym and before I only did the ones liked.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:06 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 182/158/105

Height: 4ft 11"

Okay, I finally braved the weigh in and it's a 174lbs start for me. 4lbs short of my all time highest weight and so not good for my 4ft 11" self! I have updated the spreadsheet.

Riestrella - thank you for the link, I had a quick browse and the site looks very informative. I am off to read more now

lisa34t - I weigh in on Friday evenings, I always hope this will keep me motivated into the weekends.

Good luck to everyone whatever your goal for 2013. We can do this
Old 12-28-2012, 03:55 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 255/235/182

Height: 6 ft

Hello, newbie here! I have tried losing weight many times over the last few years but always failed, but hopefully this year I will have more success with the help of this community! I'm also planning on starting 30DS next week , slightly scared it might kill me! I will fill in my start weight when I get back from holiday on Sunday.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:05 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 185/165/120

Height: 5'2"

I'm totally in!
I've never owned a bikini... maybe this will be my year??

{*Tillie*}
Old 12-28-2012, 04:06 PM   #85  
I WILL get there...again

S/C/G: 167/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

I too would love to join if you don't mind. Like Syckgirlsfv, I'm not in my twenties. I'm actually in my thirties . I have been looking for other summer/bathing suit challenges but haven't seen one in my age group. We have a family event planned for the end of April and bathing suits will be involved so I need to get my rear in gear, both literally and figuratively.

Last edited by bunnabear; 12-28-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:07 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 187/154

Height: 5ft6

I'm in, never done one of these challenges before so hope it will keep me motivated
Old 12-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #87  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnabear View Post
I too would love to join if you don't mind. I'm also in my thirties like Syckgirlsfv. I have been looking for other summer/bathing suit challenges but haven't seen one in my age group. We have a family event planned for the end of April and bathing suits will be involved so I need to get my rear in gear, both literally and figuratively.
bunnabear you and I are around the same size, it seems!
Old 12-28-2012, 04:16 PM   #88  
I WILL get there...again

S/C/G: 167/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syckgirlsfv View Post
bunnabear you and I are around the same size, it seems!
It looks like we are. I originally posted that like you I was in my thirties but I looked back and realized you never said that so I edited my post a bit Since we are around the same size and not in the 20s group, perhaps we can help motivate each other.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:37 PM   #89  
TV Watcher

S/C/G: 232/208/160

I have my 30 Day Shred waiting for me and I am going to start it tomorrow when I grab my hand weights from my dad. I've watched the first week video and I think it won't be too bad.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:30 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 230/215.4/150

I'm in! Definitely won't be bikini ready, but SO looking forward to it!
Closed Thread