Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 07:43 AM   #346  
I WILL get there...again

S/C/G: 167/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Way to go top 20!!!

Riestrella - thanks for sharing where to find the rank tab- I was surprised I was that close to the top 20. 30DS is tough but hopefully worth it. I also bought Ripped in 30 to follow up after I complete 30DS.

Beaka - I'm going to do a rest day after 5 days of level 1 then do another 5 days before I move on to level 2. What weight are you using? I moved to 5 lbs for everything except the side lung/shoulder raise combo (still using 3s there - that one is tough for me).

I did manage to stay under my calorie goal yesterday despite being hungry all day. I just drank lots of water and stayed active to keep my mind off of it(we went to the park for a while then came back home and tossed the football, played some basketball, etc).
Old 01-28-2013, 07:49 AM   #347  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

Kawaii- we weigh in every week on the spreadsheet which is on the very first page! You can pick whichever day you'd like.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:58 AM   #348  

S/C/G: 168/168/135ish

Height: 5'4"

my computer is crap! its acting like it wants to die so i might be out for a few days at some point due to extenuating circumstances lol. the point of the first sentence is to express that for some reason i cant see the tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet so i was just wondering if somebody could tell me where i rank i would really appreciate it. in other news i'm superduper stuck still sitting at 163.8 its like it doesn't fluctuate at all, its crazy. for you ladies that have plateu'd did you just wait it out or is there something i can do to help speed it along?
Old 01-28-2013, 08:04 AM   #349  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changergirl View Post
Kawaii- we weigh in every week on the spreadsheet which is on the very first page! You can pick whichever day you'd like.
i see. thanks!

bunnabear: 30DS really works!!! i've been doing it all month and the stats machine at the gym says my muscle mass has increased by like 15%!! lol. unfortunately, i think i need to add more cardio if i wanna see more dramatic weightloss though... but it sure does work!
Old 01-28-2013, 08:41 AM   #350  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

I saw movement! 4.9 pounds lost since last week!!! WOO!!!!
Old 01-28-2013, 09:54 AM   #351  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Changergirl- Are you a member of a gym or live near a park? You could bring your laptop (or even your phone) with your weights and mat to one of those. I had that problem with my old apartment, but this one is a lot better. Maybe you can talk to your neighbor if you''re cool with them. It's only 30 minutes. Maybe you can plan it when they're usually gone to work or when it's less of a problem for them. If they can't give you 30 minutes... they're jerks.

bunnabear- I've just been using my 3's. I planned to do the whole DVD with 3's and if I do it again, use 5's. The chest fly and the dumbbell row I could probably definitely move up now. You're a tough cookie if you can do the squat and press with 5's. After I do my first set of pushups in circuit 1, that 2nd set of the squat and press kills me! My upper body strength is pretty bad though. Working on it.

KawaiiCandie- Good to hear your Shred results! It seems to work wonders for people. In spite of this challenge, I'm thinking I do need to weigh less. Maybe once a month. I can tell my body is changing, but the weight is discouraging.

My weight has actually gone up. Not sure how much of that is TOM, how much is weird muscle changes, and how much is the garbage I ate last week. I do "feel" different though. Maybe I've lost a millimeter or two off of my waist from the 30DS.

Last edited by beaka; 01-28-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:45 AM   #352  

S/C/G: 268/163/155

Height: 5 foot 6

down 1.5 which is good to me since i been sooooooo sick that i just been eating constantly lol. hope everyone has a good week !
Old 01-28-2013, 11:49 AM   #353  

S/C/G: 217/164/132

Height: 5'5

Is it silly to be motivated by my placement on the chart?? Maybe. But I like to be a big loser

For those of you talking about the 30DS, I tried it, twice, and I like the exercises, but for me, the host (Jillian Michaels) drives me nuts! I don't know what it is, but I'd rather do 90 minutes of another workout than 30 minutes with her...
Old 01-28-2013, 08:38 PM   #354  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Beaka-Thanks for the link! I watched some of it (I always watch workout videos before I try to do them)-it looks like a lot of fun!! Shaun T’s got all kinds of personality! I may have to try that this weekend!

Yammy-you’ve lost so much weight-so exciting to be so close to a goal!

Jackiedavis87-looks like you’re number 26 

Zoesmom-awesome weightloss!!

Love reading about all you ladies’ workouts! It’s giving me some ideas for what to do after Insanity!

I am DETERMINED to lose something this week! TOM is on its way, but I don’t care. I’m going to put in some extra workouts, and try to cut out a few more calories-but not too many, I love to eat! Haha. I got a swimsuit in the mail today that I ordered from VS during their semi annual sale. I was hoping it would motivate me to keep working out/eating healthy. There’s definitely some areas that need improving! I need to remind myself of that when I don’t want to get out of bed and do Insanity in the morning…
Old 01-28-2013, 09:08 PM   #355  
Bronzegal2

S/C/G: S/C/G. 181/181/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi,
Sorry I missed last week- super busy week!
I don't see my name on the spreadsheet, shall I add it again?
Tx
Old 01-28-2013, 09:23 PM   #356  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

Beaka- Those are good ideas, I may do the park thing once it starts getting a bit warmer, a gym membership just isn't in the budget at the moment. Since I live in Korea the language barrier is too much to figure out a schedule with the neighbours. I was doing it at 7pm so it wasn't very late. After I wrote that last night I started thinking of alternatives and I may get back into it but change up the cardio, I'll keep the punches for level 1 but try some non-jumping cardio for the rest.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:23 PM   #357  

Could someone explain to me the 30 Day Shred, I keep seeing everyone refer to it but Google was a little vauge...
Old 01-28-2013, 11:55 PM   #358  

S/C/G: 217/164/132

mmcintosh It's a Jillian Miachaels DVD (one of the trainers from biggest loser) and it's a 20 minute workout that has three levels to it. Every ten days you progress to a new level of the 20 minute workout. It's just a very popular workout DVD. It's tough but each workout is also only 20 minutes long (which most people find manageable). And it promises big results (like losing 20 pounds in the 30 days).
Old 01-29-2013, 02:17 AM   #359  

S/C/G: 195/177/150

Height: 5'3"

I fell off the weightloss wagon for the last week, but I'm back now! Congrats to everyone's weightloss and maintaining! I am just super glad I didn't gain back the entire 5 lbs I lost recently. I am fighting cravings and exercising away the rest.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:26 AM   #360  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

zoesmom - Congrats on the phenomenal loss!

Riestrella - Nothing annoys me more than spending HOURS cooking something, just to have it taste like absolutely nothing! I know your frustration on that one from having it happen to me 1 million times over.

Well guys, I have quite the story of an awful "date". Before I explain, I have to give a bit of background info about myself. What initially spurred my weightloss journey back in May, was the break up of my long time (3 years) boyfriend and I. It was one of the most difficult things I have ever dealt with, and I can officially say that I am "over it", and have been for a few months now. Now that I am in the lower 170's, I have noticed a HUGE change in my body and finally feel up to dating and putting myself out there again. It's no that I wasn't getting male attention at higher weights, just not attention from people I was interested in or people I was ready for.

SO - now that we know that, story time! I'll trim the details to keep it short and sweet - after running into this guy at school, we ended up heading directly to coffee together. Things went from seemingly nice to bizarre and pushy and creepy very quickly (I was 100% sincerely worried for my safety at one point...). I wanted to get the **** out of there as quickly as I could, but whatever - I was happy I finally put myself out there even if it was with someone I wasn't into after further conversation. Except he made one comment that has me reeling still. He's sitting across from me, and he starts looking me up and down and says "You better believe I like a girl who can eat ". I cannot explain how bizarre this comment was in context, it was out of nowhere and just...very uncomfortable. I reacted politely, but simply put - I'm mad! By no means am I a "skinny" girl, I've got muscular legs, shoulders, and arms from my training - all of which I freakin LOVE. I also still have some weight to lose, but here's the thing...IMO I look "normal" at this point, with some extra muscle. So for him to make a comment like that floored me! It isn't getting to me at a deep level, but honestly it just made me frustrated that at ANY weight, he would find that appropriate to say to ANY girl! I'm sure half the reason I'm so frustrated is it was built up on all the other creepy stuff he said (not even going to bother posting it...*shudder*). Now he has texted me a few times, even without me responding...not sure what to do.

Phew I needed to get that off my chest. Just so frustrating to hear crap like that, and for a guy to think that's ok! Skinny, fit, fat, pleasantly plump, or otherwise - the tone and the way he said it just made me squirm. On top of it, this situation for some reason made me have one of those epiphany moments. I finally realized that I am legitimately and fully interested in a guy who was interested in me 20lbs ago but my confidence was too shaky to deal with it. Now that I'm at a lower weight, I think I might have already waited too long and pushed our relationship into the deep depths of the ~friend zone~. But eh, I'll save that story for a different day....
Closed Thread