S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'8

I'm in!!

This is just the motivation I need
Old 12-31-2012, 02:36 AM   #107  
Still Chubby

S/C/G: 79.8/72.5/66kg

Height: 172cm

Hey TOM, great to see you. On weigh-in day. You complete jerk.

Last edited by tinneranne2; 12-31-2012 at 02:37 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:57 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 172/165/132

Height: 5'8"

My first weigh-in.. Not so good!

We just had our annual family christmas gettogether yesterday so yeah. But that just means the following weeks hold so much potential, right? In any case, I'm about to hit the gym. I wish everyone great motivation for these last hours of 2012, and even better for the new year! H*ll, I'll even throw in a dancing broccoli!

Old 12-31-2012, 06:46 AM   #109  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone! Happy New Year!! If you lost weight in 2012 then let's continue the journey together and show 2013 what you're made of. And that's delicious sexy steel, baby! If you let yourself go in 2012 or around Christmas then DON'T WORRY, PETAL! The beginning of the New Year is the perfect time to dive into a new lifestyle for GOOD. Just don't give up and keep that fine a$$ moving towards your goal.

Today marks Week 1 of the challenge! I'm predicting a few gains, stalls and perhaps some people getting ahead of us all early and losing some lbs! Either way, it's going to be a weird first weigh in, so don't worry! There's plenty of time to say so long fatness and lose some serious pounds. I'm positive that this challenge will see some amazing results as it has done every time I've run it, and I'm even confident that I will reach my ultimate weight goal by the time it's over. I might be eating my own words by the end but I want to keep this fire burning inside of me and I hope you guys can help me and everyone else keep the flames alive!

Cheesy motivational speech over and time for a question:

Let's look back on 2012 and discuss what has happened to you: did you gain weight, did you lose it? Note down your successes and your failures and then tell us all what you want to do in 2013. I'll start!

In 2012:
  • This year I ran my second 10K race, not on my own this time, with a group of friends from my old work place. I beat my race record by 12 minutes and managed to do it in 59 minutes. I was so proud of my time, since I desperately wanted to get it below 1 hour and I did! I was the first girl out of my group to finish and I came 3rd overall - beating a lot of the guys that I was up against! We raised lots of money for charity so it was an all around awesome event in my year.
  • I lost about 8 lbs in the year in total, however I've gained 5 of them back on.
  • I moved to Japan in September, a life changing experience to say the least. I've found it difficult to lose weight and exercise but I ended up joining and gym and starting Zumba. I love Zumba! I decided to leave the gym because it isn't worth the money I spend on it, but I have taken away a new exercise that is fun and makes me feel amazing.
  • Overall 2012 has been one big stall for me weight loss wise, but I'm trying not to let it get to me and move forward.

In 2013:
  • I want to reach my ultimate goal of 130 lbs.
  • I'm going to start my first 3 months with Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution. I hope it will help me lose weight and tone up so I can carve the body I've always wanted.
  • I want to start cooking more, I've relied way too much on convenience meals and laziness so I hope that with all the exercise I will do I can learn to fuel my body in a foreign country! It may sound strange but the food in Japan is so different to what I'm used to!! I need to learn what I can cook with what's on offer.
  • I generally want to start thinking more positively about myself and my life, make time to be productive and creative - the latter being a side of myself I think has been lost under laziness.

Your turn!!

---

I'm glad you all enjoyed the Pre-Post Workout Nutrition guide!

Changergirl - I'm pretty sure you can right click and save it as an image, it's what I did! I've been trying to take pictures since I started using the website when I was 186 lbs, I need to get one of me at 155 lbs (so right now!). You can check them out in my journey (link in my sig) if you're interested. It's definitely a great way to chart your progress.

Tillie - It's great that you could find a pair of shoes that won't give you such a hard time! You better be ready to get sexy girl!!

BippityBoppety - I think we've all gained a bit of Christmas pudge!! It might seem daunting to say that you've got that much to lose, but trust me you can do it!!

Diane D - Welcome!! If you're focused and dedicated you will definitely shed the weight forever! You got this!

tinner - Don't worry, you can always use a lower weight in the week. You don't have to use the one you enter first time around if it drops say on Friday!

runthecontinent - Look at him dance around with joy!
Old 12-31-2012, 12:31 PM   #110  
Dropweight Diva

S/C/G: 245/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

I joined this challenge last Spring, but I put weight loss on hold halfway through with the stress of student teaching (plus taking two classes on top of it!). I've been losing weight slowly ever since, but I'd like to kick my butt into gear on the exercise front starting this new year. I'm hoping a challenge will help.

And great idea on the reflections of this past year and goals for the new year! I was just musing over this very same thing with my coffee this morning. It has been quite a year!

In 2012:
  • I graduated from college and thankfully landed a teaching position this past Fall. It has certainly been a whirlwind! Every day I learn something new and encounter new struggles. While some days I question my sanity for wanting to teach teenagers, it has been a mostly rewarding experience.
  • I'm totally bragging, but this year I got to experience, for the first time in the past six or seven years, my high school's theater festival team advance on to Regionals. It seems small, but the kids lose every year up against schools with a lot more money, resources and focus on the arts. Seeing the tears of excitement out of some of my students was one of the most rewarding experiences of the year. They worked so hard and did so well!
  • I lost thirty pounds in 2012. Wow! I can't even hardly believe that! My weight loss has seemed like it has gone at a snail's pace, but that's quite a bit of weight!
  • My sister and I joined Zumba this year, and I absolutely love it!

In 2013:
  • I would like to be at goal by this next December. I don't know if that will happen, and I'm not stressing if it doesn't happen, but that would be nice.
  • I plan to run my first 5k this summer. I'm currently picking out a race for a goal to train towards. I saved up some money to buy myself a decent treadmill (should be in any day), so there's no excuse on these cold or busy days!
  • My boyfriend and I plan to find a place to start volunteering some of our time this year.
  • I'm going to see an opera, just because I've never watched one.
  • And I just want to work on living a more harmonious existence. More organized; less clutter. Donating things I don't need and getting rid of some extra baggage and stress in my heart. I just want a cleaner (emotionally, I guess), happier existence. Out of all of my goals, I'd say this one will be the hardest to obtain, but I hope it happens.

Last edited by Song of Surly; 12-31-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:04 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

Hey Guys,

Happy New Year!!!

Riestrella, this is a great idea and thanks for hosting this chart challenge.
I used to be very invloved in various challenges on this board but have since fallen off the wagon. I do not feel like I am starting over completely. I know what works for me and I know that I can loose the weight.

I’m really excited to get my eating back under control and to get back into running. The accountability of these challenges is great. It’s nice to see a lot of familiar faces to do this with. I’m going to drink my champagne tonight then start chowing down on salad tomorrow. I’m seriously about to start planning my menu for the next few days and head out to the food store.

In 2012:

• I ran a half marathon and completed a rigorous training program for it. One of my all time proudest accomplishments.

• I reached the lowest weight of my adult life, 173 this past summer.

• I put a ton of weight back on this fall. I just weighed in at 226. Life got super hectic with a full load of graduate courses, close to full time work hours and living in a town that got demolished by Sandy. I honestly feel super proud that I got everything done regardless of the weight gain. The fall semester was beyond stressful and I managed to complete 10 credits and earn straight As.

• I passed a difficult professional exam

• I completed 19/32 credits toward my graduate degree (6 courses, 5 As & 1 A-).

• I bought a new car (and haven’t missed a payment )

• I paid off my credit card

• I kept my job and performed well

In 2013:

• I will reach 160 pounds. I should have some time over the summer to really work on my weight.

• I will run another half marathon

• I will finish graduate school.

• I want to get accepted into a competitive credentialing program for the fall (working on applications now).

• I want to pay off another $3,000 towards my car (in addition to car payments) so that I am not in debt until I am 80 with student loans and everything else.

• I want to date at least a little bit. For 2012 I’ve been super focused on my career and have sort of put off that aspect of my life. It’s tough to focus on school when you’re freaking out that it’s been 3 hours and he still hasn’t returned your text message. If I let this break from dating go much longer than a year things are gonna get scary.

• I really believe that 2013 is going to be my year where the weight comes back down and all this work I’ve been putting into my career starts to pay off.

Here's to 2013!!!
Old 12-31-2012, 02:45 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 226/174.6/160

Height: 5'6

A couple of things, I can't remember if my start weight was correct and don't have my planner with me at the moment. Either way, I think todays weight is a total fluke and the product of a bad hangover and a day of no eating. (dear me, why must you get trashed prior to NYE, ruining all fun you had planned?)
Old 12-31-2012, 02:48 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for starting this challenge again. I just entered myself onto the spreadsheet (hopefully I did this correctly )

I am just restarting my weight loss journey (AGAIN!) and this challenge will be really helpful
Old 12-31-2012, 02:55 PM   #114  
300lbs in avatar

S/C/G: 339/287/225

Height: 5'9

I've been doing the 30 day shred video, (took a rest from it last night today im doing L1D4) and it's giving good results after 3 days I lost 9 lbs (not sure if it was because of TOM though but I've never lost that much during my TOM) but either way I'm happy with it. I'm definitely going to finish this video and do another one. I seem to do better with organized exercise rather than doing it on my own. I walk for an hour everyday too.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:31 PM   #115  

I had replied that I wanted in but I think it got lost in all the replies :-) can you add me please? :-) start weight 198.6
Old 12-31-2012, 03:34 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

PomWonderful- If you click on the link in the first post, it will open up the document and you can add your information in yourself. Don't worry, it will save automatically!

Last edited by penmage; 12-31-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:17 PM   #117  

Hey guys! This is my first post but I've been reading on the forum for the last month or so. I'm so excited to be part of this challenge! I've been consistent with workout and eating since mid October so looking forward to keeping it up in the new year. I have 74 more lbs to my target weight of 135.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:32 PM   #118  
1500 Max!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/119

Height: 5'6"

In 2012:

I qualified in my chosen profession after a very stressful two years where I thought I might flunk out at times.

I got a great job near London.

Me and my boyfriend took our first trip together (even though it was for two days-we are very busy!)

I admitted to myself that I was overweight (the first step towards change) and I have lost close to a stone and definitely toned up.

In 2013:

I will build up my savings.

I will visit my friends in Canada and Shanghai.

I want to get a car.

I will be established in my career.

I will be nine and a half stone (or less).

I hope to be a cheerleader again (or something cool and active).

Bring on 2013!
Old 12-31-2012, 05:41 PM   #119  
Still Chubby

S/C/G: 79.8/72.5/66kg

Height: 172cm

I decided to add my weight today anyway, because hopefully it will make next week look impressive. lol. Probably not, but a girl can dream. I'm on day 6 of the 30 day shred and I know its not big on the weight loss but I don't care so much about weight. I want to stop jiggling!

So, my friend is coming into town next month for a wedding. We are going to hang out on the 19th. I have a..um...special outfit...I plan to wear in the evening. This is my immediate motivation to keep working out.

In 2012 I
- Got my Bachelors
- Got a job (had been largely unemployed for most of school)
- Got promoted to a full time, supervisory position
- Moved into my own apartment
- Restarted my weight loss

In 2013 I want to
- Apply to the nursing program
- Apply to teach English abroad
- Finish the 30 Day Shred
- Find a new job/get a promotion that pays enough to save for a car
- Try to be a kinder, less judgemental person

Last edited by tinneranne2; 12-31-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:54 PM   #120  
forever a lake effect kid

S/C/G: 262.6/181.3/162.6

Height: 5'4''

2012 was a life changing year for me, truly.

In 2012, I have:

- changed my entire life style from my relationship to food to my activity level to my sleeping habits.

- seen my self-confidence and self-esteem skyrocket as I was suddenly able to do things that I never could before.

- joined Weight Watchers and lost over 87 lbs and exceeded my wildest expectations.

- jogged a 5K and I've nearly reached the 8K mark.

- went from size 22 pants to size 8.

In 2013, I will:

- reach my goal of losing 125 lbs to finally be a healthy weight.

- get to 8K and beyond.

- end my sugar addiction.

- continue concentrating on my self-confidence issues, so hopefully this good luck with bleed over into other aspects of my life!
Closed Thread