Old 04-13-2012, 03:27 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 240/225/160

Height: 5'9"

I could not imagine doing organic vegetarian thats amazing!
Ashmarie484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:09 PM   #32  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

Kay7jay- I would be mad if they messed with our thread! We ought to be allowed to have our own challenge separately, in our little community! If they do it we should petition. Lol.

I WANT buddies on myfitnesspal! My name is ltgordon526. I'm going to go through and add those of you who have posted your names, if that's okay. I think it would be a really cool portion of the challenge if we could all see each others food diaries and leave encouragement, it would also help us give each other advice because it would be easy to skim over one another's diaries. I know some of you don't have myfitnesspal, but those of you that do, what do you think?
I havent really done a challenge here either, but Just my opinion, I think it would be neat if this was a place to share support and daily struggles, instead of just one of those threads where you weigh in once a day or once a week. I think we should each be able to weigh ourselves when we want, either each day, each week, or just once at the end of the challenge. Those of us who weigh daily can share our daily weights if we want when we weigh in with how our day/week was, and the same with weekly weighers and so on. I'm just putting in my two cents, but I know that the more rigid these things are, the harder it is to stick with it and the more pressure you feel if you don't get here for weigh in, or every day, or whatever. I don't want anyone to feel like they don't belong in the challenge because they had an off day or week and didnt come on 3fc. I think a challenge thread is a great place for support and companionships, and I want to hear about you girls and how your day was and any emotional milestones or setbacks you had, any particularly good healthy foods/recipes you had, etc. idk, I like the accountability of threads where you post what you ate every day and weigh in but I think that's a little strict, and I've briefly participated in several like That where there wasn't any real connectedness or reason to come back other than.. The competition? For me, I lose weight better when I'm part of a community of friends. 12 weeks is a long time!
I think I've been ranting. I just get excited lol. I've been looking for a really good thread to join but the challenges are all pretty dry and technical. I think the direction of the thread so far is pretty good without rules though.
Hope everyone's on plan today!
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:09 PM   #33  
Don't turn back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashmarie484 View Post
I could not imagine doing organic vegetarian thats amazing!
Also, I agree with this! Jealous! I'd like to eventually move toward either or both of these things.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:39 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 240/225/160

Height: 5'9"

I think its a good idea as well to have friends through fitness pal. I love logging in and tracking everything. I hope they dont delete our thread either.
Ashmarie484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #35  
learning to love myself

S/C/G: 295/ticker/169

Height: 5'10

...what is myfitnesspal????

and munchievictim- love the idea of this being a community of friends to talk everything over with each other

Last edited by Kay7jay; 04-13-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Kay7jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #36  
learning to love myself

Oh apparently I have one too but forgot about it- I don't count calories so I can't really use it I don't think
Old 04-13-2012, 06:22 PM   #37  
Don't turn back.

Kay7jay- what plan are you on? For me, calorie counting is best because I have a tendency to binge eat and for me, the flexibility of being able to eat whatever I want is great, but I also can't just rely on myself to regulate how many calories I eat, so for me logging calories is a life saver. But you can always just use the thread to share what you ate if you want to do that or it helps you. Being friends on myfitnesspal is just about having that accountability. For me, it helps.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #38  
Miss Motivated

S/C/G: 170/170/140

Height: 5'5

I'm in. If I lose 20 I'll be amazed. Starting-183
Ariannag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:53 PM   #39  
learning to love myself

munchie- I'm doing ww. I get a certain number of points a day and every food has a point value (it uses fat, carbs, fiber, and protein to make the assigned point for a food) It works but it's kind of expensive so I might just try counting calories with this and see if that works

My username for it is kay7jay same as on here
Old 04-13-2012, 08:53 PM   #40  
The 'x3' is a heart! :)

S/C/G: 250/low 200's/165

Height: 5'6

I think in addition to having a weight loss goal I am going to have a NSV goal as well (feel free to join me on this).

Just in case I do not reach my goal of 160, I want to have another way to measure my progress. This sounds stupid, but mine will be to have a bigger gap between my legs. As of now, my legs aren't touching when I walk but I want to have nicer more defined thighs at the end of this.

Anyone else want to set a non-scale goal?
mirax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:15 PM   #41  
Don't turn back.

Kay7jay if you're considering calorie counting, you should mosey over to the calorie counters forum and check out the way people rave about the plan. A lot of the people who post in the general weight loss support forum are calorie counters, and a lot of the big losers/maintainers around here swear by it. I did weight watchers for awhile with my grandmother and it didn't work for either of us plus, like you said, it was expensive. But a lot of people swear by it. I think it depends on what's best for you. For me, it's calorie counting.
Mirax- good idea! I can't wait til there's a gap between my thighs! I would like to be able to comfortably wear a belt my dad made me by the end of this challenge.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:18 PM   #42  
Don't turn back.

By the way mirax you're such an inspiration! You're my height and 12 lbs seperate our starting weights, and you're at my previous low weight now. What an awesome job! How long have you been on your plan and what plan are you using, if you don't mind sharing? You look great!
Old 04-13-2012, 09:20 PM   #43  
Rockin Socks since 1984

S/C/G: 205/179/155

Height: 5'3.5

Hey Ladies! I'd like to jump in on this challenge as well, if it's alright! I'm in a wedding for my old roommate in June, and then in my brother's wedding in December. I'm currently 170 and my ugw is 145. I think in 12 weeks, I'd like to be at 150. Because I've recently started lifting, I think I'm going to end up gaining a bit of weight before I start dropping again.
amyleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:22 PM   #44  
Don't turn back.

Welcome amyleigh! I also have a wedding in June I'd like to look nice for. Good luck!
Old 04-13-2012, 11:57 PM   #45  
The 'x3' is a heart! :)

S/C/G: 250/low 200's/165

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchievictim View Post
By the way mirax you're such an inspiration! You're my height and 12 lbs seperate our starting weights, and you're at my previous low weight now. What an awesome job! How long have you been on your plan and what plan are you using, if you don't mind sharing? You look great!
Aww, thank you munchie that means a lot!! I have been calorie counting for exactly a year and it has worked really well for me. I started out at 1200 but that was too low for me so on days that I don't exercise I eat 1400 and days I do exercise I eat up to 1800 depending on the level of intensity. I work out at the gym about every other day and some weekends I do Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.

You can totally do this and time will go by fast. I NEVER thought I would be this weight or lower but I've learned it's totally doable it just takes work!

So are you calorie counting too? I've been trying to watch my sugar intake but it is insane how fast sugar adds up. What kind of exercises are you doing?
mirax3 is offline   Reply With Quote