Old 05-04-2012, 02:01 PM   #181  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

So how is everyone's week ending? I had a good week with calories being under limit, but boo I haven't been able to break into the 250s. I weighed in at 260.2 this morning.

Munchievictim: did you see that elusive middle 4 in your weight?
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:07 PM   #182  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

Kisskiss- NO. 250.2 this morning. Lol. But I lost 4 lbs my first day on a low-carb diet, BUT a lot of it was water weight from an off day the day before. I have more energy and it's easier for me to seperate real hunger from boredom. Also, yesterday I had scrambled eggs and cheese for breakfast and wasn't hungry until like 3:30 pm, whereas this morning I had a mini bagel, cream cheese and bacon for breakfast and was hungry basically immediately after. I don't think my body processes carbs well at all, so I'm sticking with this low carb thing for the foreseeable future.
Welcome to one more day in our OLD decades, and here's hoping I see a 4 and you see a 5 tomorrow.
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:08 PM   #183  
Don't turn back.

On the other hand, I'm halfway through with finals and feel great about how I did on the first two. Wish me luck on the next two, they're the hard ones.

Last edited by munchievictim; 05-05-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:17 AM   #184  
learning to love myself

S/C/G: 295/ticker/169

Height: 5'10

kiss- Congrats on being under your calorie goal! That's awesome

basement- Do you feel like it's worth it to see a nutritionist? They seem on the expensive side but like you'd get results from it..
Kay7jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:53 AM   #185  
Don't turn back.

249.2 but I'll wait til tomorrow to see if it sticks. I'm used to seeing it for one day until I bounce back up into the 250s.
How about you kiss?
Old 05-06-2012, 03:45 AM   #186  
MUST COMMIT!!

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

Height: 5'9

I know this thread started 3 weeks ago, but I still really want to join!!
I'm off to college on the 1st of September and I'd love to be part of this challenge.

Current weight 231.9 (May 6)
Goal for this challenge 199

LET'S DO THIS!!!
reallystruggling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:08 AM   #187  

Height: 5'2''

Kay7Jay - to answer your question - i dont know yet. I've obly went to a nutritionist twice thus far. After the first two weeks i lost roughly 3 kg or close to 7 lbs, i have started another two-week-cycle now, havent lost anything yet.
Its quite expensive and if i am not satisfied with the results i will change my strategy, but if it works out well for me - it will be SO worth it. So i am still undecided.
basementcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:31 AM   #188  
learning to love myself

S/C/G: 295/ticker/169

Height: 5'10

Good job getting to the 240s munchie!!!
basement- oh okay, keep us updated I'm thinking about going but I think I'll hold off for a while since it's so expensive
Welcome to the challenge reallystruggling!

1 more pound down.. and I'm at my 10% gone goal!!!!! YAY!

Last edited by Kay7jay; 05-06-2012 at 08:35 AM.
Kay7jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:30 PM   #189  
Don't turn back.

Kay7jay I'm jealous! How amazing for you! Keep on trucking girl!
Reallystrugglin- you're more than welcome. It's good to start your healthy lifestyle before going to college because if you're not strong and on track you've got to watch out for the freshman 15. I gained about 15-20 my actual freshman year, when I went to community college and lived at home. I gained 40 when I moved 3 hours away for full university. I pretty much just let myself go and eat as much pizza and drink as much beer as I wanted. I think that if I'd had a plan and been on track, it would have been difficult but it would have felt possible and worthwhile to keep on trying even after mistakes and indulgences. And there should be mistakes and indulgences in college! Just not huge ones. Lol. Good luck girl we're here for you every day! There are some inspirational girls on this thread, and on this site.
Basementcat- there's a nutritionist at the university health center here that only charges like $30 per session. I might give her a try. Let us know how your new plan is workin

248 this morning! I've officially broken my plateau! I haven't been this low in months.
I'm doing carb refeed today (CAN YOU SAY HONEY NUT CHEERIOS?!?) so I expect it to go up tomorrow. However, I expect to lose it all and more Tuesday morning. Fingers crossed. I would flipping die if I got stuck at 250 again after this refeed. Lol.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:54 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 241/236/185

Height: 5'5

I am IN...I want to get to 220lbs from my current 236 by 9/1!
nickie316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:41 PM   #191  
Don't turn back.

You can do it nickie316! Let us know how your progress is! I suggest cruising 3FC every day for motivation.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:03 PM   #192  
MUST COMMIT!!

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

Height: 5'9

Today marks 1 week since I've started exercising and actively using 3FC. I've been doing the C25K program with strength/weight training everyday.
So far i've lost 2 pounds, and i'm really proud!!
reallystruggling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:57 PM   #193  
Don't turn back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallystruggling View Post
Today marks 1 week since I've started exercising and actively using 3FC. I've been doing the C25K program with strength/weight training everyday.
So far i've lost 2 pounds, and i'm really proud!!
I'm really proud of you too!
Also, C25K is magic.
3fc has been hand in hand with me, my very best friend, during every long struggle downward, and when I let go and stop signing on, I zoom right back up the scale alone. And then when I finally reach my limit, I come on here, change my ticker info to my new high weight (not fun), and start losing again. To me, 3fc is a life preserver in the ocean of dieting and weight loss. There's a lot of truth and good advice here, and hundreds of success stories. Keep coming back we're here to support each other.

Omg guys I'm scared of the scale tomorrow. I ate carbs today because I was supposed to but I got a little carried away. Here's hoping its not a disaster!

Last edited by munchievictim; 05-06-2012 at 11:57 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:14 PM   #194  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

munchie: congrats on breaking into the 240s!

I'm at 260.1. LOL> I feel like the scale is intentionally not showing me a 5! boo. May be tomorrow
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:40 PM   #195  
Don't turn back.

Kiss- boo! Oh well, an oz is an oz. I'm sure you're frustrated I would be pulling my hair out. Low carb has smashed my plateau, but I think I may be going too low (18g carbs yesterday but I didn't eat much and was stressed). Maybe mixing up your eating a little might help? I also finally started exercising, and I'm sure that's helping.

247 this morning. I don't know if that number will stick around though, I was pretty low on calories yesterday.
I'm just not hungry on low carb. A good cut of grilled meat and a baby green salad is so filling and satisfying to me!
My knee is messed up! I don't know what's wrong, but yesterday it was tight and popped when I bent it, and this morning it was totally swollen and stiff, and it hurts to bend it or stretch it out straight. I'm lucky to have a killer fiancé who's wrapping my knee and swapping out my ice packs and making me tea and right now he's cooking me a feta stuffed chicken breast that smells AMAZING! Also, no class today so I can stay off of it. It hurts though but i'm still going to lift weights today in bed! No excuse not to work my upper body.