Old 04-17-2012, 10:15 AM   #91  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

Swoody26- a few posts ago I wrote out a workout plan to do at home. It takes a little space, but for me just a hallway, and it's easily tweakable for stuff you have and stuff you enjoy when working out. Also, google "at home workouts" and you'll get a bunch of cool stuff. I enjoy simple crunchs, push-ups, reverse crunches, and yoga is great for me. You don't even have to buy any equiptment to workout at home, but you can get a few little things for cheap like dumbells, a medicine ball and a yoga mat. Maybe a stabilizer ball? Good luck girl! I also hope to be about 150 for my wedding but I have a lot more weight to lose than you. You can do it!

Ashmarie- that's okay girl. Maybe try like Mirax and up your water intake. That always helps me too but I do have to make a serious effort to get that much water in. It shows results though.

Okay guys. OMgosh. I know you guys are frustrated with the scale right now so kind of feel like I'm bragging and I'm sorry, but I lost THREE lbs yesterday which puts me at 11 lbs lost! I'm so happy! I only ate about 1000 calories yesterday and burned 400 with my obstacle course (which was a super awesome and intense workout) so I kind of feel like a hypocrite for telling you Ashmarie to eat more to lose. But here's the thing, I always eat like 1700 so yesterday was a fluke, which is why I lost so much, and now I'm really scared that I'll gain some of it back on the scale tomorrow and I'm not sure what to do to keep it off. Maybe I'll try to work my way back up slowly from 1000 to 1700 adding a couple of hundred calories a day so I don't shock my system.
Still, YAY.

Last edited by munchievictim; 04-17-2012 at 10:16 AM.
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:09 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 240/225/160

Height: 5'9"

That is AWESOME Munchie!!!! Well Im starting out well today, lost 1lb only 1.6lbs until 20lbs total. And this is the first day Im starting out with a lot of calories. 372 for breakfast. Hope this helps some how.
Ashmarie484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:34 PM   #93  
Don't turn back.

That's really good Ashmarie. I think it will be helpful to eat as much as you can for breakfast so you already have those calories in you. Good luck! How many calories are you aiming for today?
Old 04-17-2012, 12:52 PM   #94  

Every day I aim for 1200, I just never make it there.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #95  
Don't turn back.

Interesting fact I realized tonite: I was lazy and didn't feel like cooking, and we had a pretty high calorie dinner planned (tacos, my fave). So I wanted to order in Japanese. I ordered a calamari salad which I expected to be grilled calamari, and an order of gyoza to split with my fiancé. About 500 calories. Anyway, it gets here and it's fried calamari, one of my favorites and my worst nightmare in a box. I proceeded to peel all the fried breading off of it. It came off really easily and the calamari was totally naked. It had taken up half the box before, and after, the breading was like a huge pile, probably more than a cup, and the little calamari took up a teeny little corner of the box. WOW. gross.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:36 PM   #96  

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchievictim View Post
Interesting fact I realized tonite: I was lazy and didn't feel like cooking, and we had a pretty high calorie dinner planned (tacos, my fave). So I wanted to order in Japanese. I ordered a calamari salad which I expected to be grilled calamari, and an order of gyoza to split with my fiancé. About 500 calories. Anyway, it gets here and it's fried calamari, one of my favorites and my worst nightmare in a box. I proceeded to peel all the fried breading off of it. It came off really easily and the calamari was totally naked. It had taken up half the box before, and after, the breading was like a huge pile, probably more than a cup, and the little calamari took up a teeny little corner of the box. WOW. gross.
Isnt it crazy how when you are eating healthy anything you see that you would have loved before somehow grosses you out now.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:46 PM   #97  
Don't turn back.

It is amazing how your mind shifts. I just could not believe how much garbage they had piled on this perfectly good calamari, and the fact that the bulk of what I had eaten before was fried bread. Yuck.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #98  
Don't turn back.

How are your calories today Ashmarie?
Old 04-17-2012, 11:57 PM   #99  

I had a bad day today, its my birthday & I legit cried all day lol. I didnt even track after breakfast. Im probably still under but Im not sure.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:03 AM   #100  

Went back and logged.....um yea it was a bad day lol. 1397!!!!!! Omg Ive only been able to do about 800. Crazy.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:16 AM   #101  
Don't turn back.

Wait until you get on the scale before you think it's a bad day, it sounds like a good day to me. I'm sorry you had a bad birthday! Happy birthday!!
Don't get discouraged if your weight goes wonky today, I think you'll see a solid loss tomorrow.
I gained back two of the lbs I lost during my super restrictive day, but it's okay because now I'm back at 1700 a day and expect to see a loss. I think the takeout and wine last night had something to do with the gain, and I didn't drink as much water as I wanted. I'm not letting it discourage me though. Im trying to decide if I should take away my second cow and change my ticker back, or wait until tomorrow. I think it would discourage me more if I had to take away the cow. Lol. It would be be nice to get to put it back but it would suck to take it off. Idk what to do. I think I should lose everything back today by eating normally. This has proven to me that my previous method of severely restricting my calories is not the right way to go for my body. I feel like I can't keep it up and it messes with my progress and makes me feel bad about myself. Not to mention its not sustainable weight loss, it just comes right back. I technically where i should have been yesterday if I hadn't starved myself. So. I'm not freaking out about the gain but I am disappointed.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:39 AM   #102  

Yea I can never eat like that again. I gained 0.6lbs. I cant believe I gained with that amount of calories.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:55 AM   #103  
Don't turn back.

No way!! Did you eat stuff with a lot of sodium? That really surprises me.
Well, you may have to just accept that your body loses a little slower than you might like, but if the calories you usually eat fill you up and you're not totally stalled on the scale, I guess it's working for you. But do consider that if you weren't really paying as much attention to your food you may have eaten some stuff that would make you retain water. Maybe you'll see a woosh on the scale tomorrow. There's no rush to this though and it's okay to experiment and see what works for you.
Here's hoping we both see a good loss tomorrow!
Old 04-18-2012, 11:17 AM   #104  

I did eat a lot of sodium Im sure. And I did not eat the most healthiest so Im sure thats what did it in fact let me check my sodium real quick....2220. I dont know. Good wishes for me for tomorrow.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:39 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 279/260/175

Height: 5'9

I'm really late, but I hope I can still join your 12 week challenge. I really have been doing bad these last couple weeks, especially on the weekends.I've gained 2 pounds. 12 weeks will be around vacation time and I would love to be in onederland ( that may be pushing it a bit) but anywhere close will be fine by me. So my goal is 30 pounds which will put me at 215.

Anybody have any secrets for staying on track over the weekend. Please help.

Last edited by getmydivaback3; 04-18-2012 at 11:40 AM.
getmydivaback3 is offline   Reply With Quote