Old 05-28-2010, 10:44 AM   #91  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Feral - Awww she is so sweet! Also, totally awesome about the gym! My choice was between Gold's and LA Fitness (where I ended up). On the spin question, I bought a seat in the beginning but I don't use one anymore because mine kept sliding around. As long as you don't slam back down in your seat (which you aren't supposed to do anyway) you shouldn't have too much of a problem. And possible TMI but beware of yeast infections if you're susceptible to them like I am, sometimes the friction of workout clothes + sweat + constant up and down intervals gives me one. I hope you love spinning!

Samantha - I totally hear you on the shore food, I walked around on the Wildwood boardwalk after cleaning. Sam's pizza, fries (although Curly's wasn't open, and eating anyone else's fries is just about sacrilege in my family), and Kohr Bros ice cream. Ughhh. But I did clean and move furniture yesterday and I also have my TOM so I know the scale is totally out of whack right now lol.

Jenny - Yay, congrats on the 6lbs!

So I was exhausted this morning, spinning yesterday plus cleaning plus walking on the boardwalk for two hours is exhausting! Yesterday I was 176. I didn't have time to weigh in this morning so I weighed in after I took the dog to the vet and the dog park. I've already had 4 glasses of water and I ate breakfast. TOM hit hard (and I'm sure the ice cream, fries, and pizza are included in there as well).

My day has been productive so far and I'm hoping to keep it that way I'm off to finally clean my room and do laundry, then kickboxing!

Last edited by platformnine; 05-28-2010 at 10:45 AM.
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:08 PM   #92  
I will do this.

I am "unofficially" 204 today!!!!!!

I gotta stay OP over the holiday to keep it that way!

Personals later... insane day today.

Love you girls
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 04:34 PM   #93  
Samantha417

Hey everyone!

I didn't get on the scale today. I didn't go to the gym either. I was too tired when I got up at 6, so I'll give today as my rest day.

The skies were very iffy yesterday, so we ended up going to Olive Garden instead. I got a mango martini (OMG AMAZING), and cappelini pomodoro. I always get that pasta, and it's not bad at all. I ended up getting a reese's milkshake from Wawa too. But I stayed within calories!

Today though...I've been trying to save up calories because I'm teaching Greg how to cook tonight...and I don't know what we're having yet. I'm also determining whether I should be proactive and call the fire department now so he doesn't blow up the house!

I gotta go doll myself up, I'm going to be picked up soon. Greg FINALLY got his car back, so I'm not driving for quite a while
Old 05-29-2010, 08:51 AM   #94  
Rockin Socks since 1984

S/C/G: 205/179/155

Height: 5'3.5

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!!!!
Ugh i can't believe it's FINALLY here! Who would have thought I'd get so excited over one day off. Go figure!

I started it off yesterday with a happy hour with some teachers from school and I was BAD! I had a whole plate of loaded chili cheese fries...but they were amazing and i haven't had chili cheese fries in a year. And i'm falsely justifying it to myself that this weekend will be filled with swimming, jumping on the trampoline, and chasing my little cousins ALL OVER the place so it'll even out...plus i'm starting up C25K AGAIN (for the third time) today, hoping this time I may actually finish it.

OH! If anyone is looking for a memorial day bathing suit, Walmart has this ADORABLE american flag bikini (yes, i got one...hooray fitting in to a bikini for the 2nd summer of my life!!), and quite a few cute tankini's and one pieces. I'll share a "Amy is a fat flag" pic with you later. Ok, i know i'm not fat, but it sounds funny. I enjoy alliteration...how to tell you're an English teacher.

Anywho, off to run before it gets hot. I hope you all have a wonderful and on-plan day
amyleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:29 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone. I know I have been MIA the last few days and it is because I have not been keeping up with my calories...ugh! Why do we do these things to ourselves? On a good note, I was at 230 yesterday!!! But it is not official and I'm already back up because of some pizza I ate last night...but me seeing that number makes me know that I can get there soon!
I am visiting some friends this weekend....and yes, they will be cookin' on the grill, but I'm not too worried about it. I have decided that I am not going to stress myself out over food. I choose what food I want to eat, the food does not control me! (That's what I have to keep saying in my head all the time.) Anyway, I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend!! My classes start back on Tuesday and I'm actually looking forward to them...it will give me something to do besides cleaning house.

amyleigh, I saw those swim suits...they were cute!

Taylor, yay for 204!!!!!

JennyG, I'm such a chicken when it comes to coloring my hair, but I think I would love some crazy colors like purple or blue! I just do not have the "balls" (haha) to do it. LOL! And woohoo for being down! That's awesome!!

Ferel, those colors would probably look really good on you! Don't forget the pics when you get it done!! And I'm glad your scale is being nice again. And having a pool at your gym is cool! I want one at my gym!! Haha! I would just love to have access to a nice pool...although I will hate every minute of being in a bathing suit around other people.

Samantha, good for you for keeping up with calories while at the beach!!!! That is awesome...you are awesome! I don't think I would have enough motivation to do that. You go girl!
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:31 AM   #96  
I will do this.

Oh boy!

Two BBQ's to go today!! My Maid of Honors baby shower (which I am helping host) and my brothers BBQ...

Wish me luck!!!

...even though I was "bad" last night and had chipotle and a drumstick. Oy. I am gonna be good today.

...I got a new outfit and I feel super cute and slim in it...plus..it is too hot outside to feel bloated!

Love you girls
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 12:23 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

My feet are so swollen today, it's ridiculous!!! I've been downing the water and plan on going to the gym later on. Usually that helps with the swelling because I have to have the foot stuck in an enclosed space in my sneaker. LOL

The FIOS guy is here and installing cable in our bedrooms and switching everything over from Comcast. I'm excited to be able to watch tv in my room again. Their internet is so freaking fast compared to what we had with Comcast!!!! I am loving it so far!
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 01:36 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Sgregg - the good thing about coloring your hair is, that if it doesnt turn out...you can color it right back! We had to tone mine like 3 times because it went crazy the first 2 times and now its just right and bright for the summer and isn't too "out of this world" lol so I still have a normal profile

Ladies - its Saturday. my day started off rotten, but hey - its beautiful and sunny out and I went to the gym and kicked some *** and now I'm off for a nice walk outside with a friend and then tonight I have the "UNLEASH your vision party"....high heels, wine, chocolate (the "healthy" chocolate) and the making of a vision board! I'm quite excited - this chick is a life coach - she knows what she's doing! lol

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!!

I am proud to say I made some new FB friends over the past couple days!! Thanks ladies!
JennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 03:38 PM   #99  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Hello - I've read all of it, really I have, the past few days have just been crazy.

Haley - I'm the same way, Fitday says I should eat 1600 calories, but when I do that, I gain weight. If I go above 1400 I consider it a bad day. Everyone's body is different, and you know what works for you, so just stick with it

Taylor - the clothes out lately just suck. Its pretty terrible, and really annoying when you can finally shop where you want, but you hate everything that is in the stores.

This week I was away and I had TOM so I didn't really stick with great eating and exercise. I ate as best I could, but it was hard to exercise with work and all. I got back and on Friday I was 172.2, but then this morning I was 171.4, so its all plane/salt/TOM weight and its coming off.

I went spinning this morning and then went on a 3 hour hike with CB in this nature preserve in Georgetown. It was really pretty, right on the Potomac and we did some "rock-climbing" - but omg is it humid. It was like a rainforest. We went to Ruby Tuesday's for lunch and I had their chicken fresca - basically a chicken breast with tomatoes on top with steamed brocolli and their white cheddar mashed potatoes - oh so good. Probably not the most on plan thing (referring to the potatoes) but I just worked my butt off hiking, so I'm fine with it.

I'm supposed to go to a co-workers graduation party, but I'm kind of scared to go by myself. I'm going to take a nap and see if I'm feeling socially daring

I'll be back in full force next week, promise!!

Last edited by stellarosa27; 05-29-2010 at 03:39 PM.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:51 PM   #100  

Jenny ~ I am going to look for you on FB. So, if you get a new add that you don't really know, it's probably me!! haha

So, I managed to do something to my "good" foot. And good is in quotation marks because my "good' foot is the one that gets all swollen LOL But anyway, when I was leaving the gym, it hurt a little bit, but I assumed it was because I did a 90 minute workout. But when driving home, my foot felt really cramped in my sneaker to the point that i slid my sneaker off at one of the lights. I've been hobbling ever since. I have no idea what I did. All I know is that it feels like I need to stretch it out, but also it feels that if it I do stretch it, I could get a charlie horse in my foot. So annoying!!!!

But I lost about 2 pounds!
Old 05-30-2010, 03:23 PM   #101  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Hi Ladies!

I hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend and isn't beating themselves up over whatever choices they made!!!

Chele - sorry to hear about your foot hon! Congrats on the loss! Maybe your foot swelling is causing water retention and you'll lose some more! HAHA

I went to go visit my friends yesterday (its an 1.5 hour trip). It started off bad food wise. I hadn't eaten anything all day and we went to Mexican (I've decided I HAVE to stay away from those restaurants because I have NO will power). We had chips/queso and shared BBQ Chicken nachos. I also had 2 beers.

For dinner I feel like I kind of made up for it. I had a grilled chicken salad and 2 Miller Lites. While it may not have been THE BEST choice, I still feel like it was a step in the right direction.

This morning we went to IHOP for breakfast. I ordered a sausage and mushroom omelet (which was MORE than enough) and gave in and ordered a side of their hashbrowns. I was staring at the hashbrowns and thought about not eating them, but then justified it because I had already ordered them.... I did eat HALF, but I stopped myself because A) I wasn't really hungry and B) I knew I didn't need them. I only ate half of the omelet btw.

So yeah - again, moving in the right direction....

I'm off to take a shower and then go to the gym (I know, backwards, but I'm weird like that)....

HAVE A GREAT AFTERNOON! <3
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 03:42 PM   #102  

Feral ~ Let's hope the water retention lets me lose more!! I am finishing up my TOM too, so hopefully the whoosh didn't already happen

My foot is doing a lot better. I iced it and took some Aleve to help with a headache and I can walk again. LOL It's still a bit painful, but I'm not limping around like I was earlier. I honestly thought I was going to have to crawl into my house.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:00 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Chele! You didn't find me on FB yet did ya??

Feral- Yay for taking steps in the right direction, you'll be rewarded in the end!
JennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:05 PM   #104  

Jenny ~ I went to FB like 12 times throughout the day and forgot each time! haha Going to do it now!!