Old 05-24-2010, 08:00 AM   #1  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Default Weekly Chat May 24-30

Good Morning Ladies!!!!

By the looks of reading last week's thread it seems we ALL have a problem with the weekends. I wish there was some magical formula to being able to stay on plan but DANG... Maybe we can brain storm on here. I know I always THINK about being prepared for the weekends but I never really am. I think part of it is that I wish I could eat the same way my friends do when I'm hanging out with them and the truth of the matter is that I CAN, but not if I want to lose weight or not undo everything I've worked so hard for during the week.

Anyway - I had a GREAT time at the beach. I love hanging out with my friends that live down there. They're amazing and we can have really deep discussions that span from quantum physics to FREE TIBET. BTW - I watched the documentary "Tibet: Cry of the Snow Lion" last night. AMAZING. If you want to understand anything about the oppression of Tibet by the Chinese you should def check the movie out. I will warn you though, it's sad. Also "10 Questions for the Dali Lama" is really fantastic as well.

I soooo did not want to get out of bed this morning. We didn't go to bed before 3am Friday night or Saturday night which is way late for me so I was a very tired kitty last night.

I also managed to let myself get a little burnt. It will sink in in a few days but DANG.... shoulders are a little tender.

Here is to ANOTHER ON PLAN week (maybe we should include the weekend too!)....

HAPPY MONDAY!
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:07 AM   #2  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Yeah, I don't know what I did to myself this weekend, and I'm avoiding my scale. Sigh.

Taylor - if you hiked that much in a few days, its possible you're body is just starving.

Samantha - You're young. My best friend is 28 and been with her bf for 7 years and they're not engaged, and she's actually okay with that - sometimes its better to get your lives in order before you get engaged.

I'm actually kind of sick of all of this engagement talk - a hs friend got engaged over the weekend, and I am very happy for her, but all she has on her facebook is pictures of the ring and HE WENT TO JAROD blah blah blah. Like, shouldn't you be more excited that you're going to marry the love of your life and get off the ring crap? And then I get an email from another one of my hs friends b*tching about how she's not engaged to her bf and I'm like oh...god...I hate this...I like how they all complain to the single one about not being engaged. /vent over. That wasn't directed to anyone here, its just something that irked me this morning.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:08 AM   #3  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Stella & Feral - Same :[ The damage isn't too bad, I maintained my 1lb water retention. I was at 177 Saturday. Arg. Damn the delicious casseroles my boyfriend's mother makes.

Stella - I hear ya on the engagement stuff :C My best friend will not stop nagging me about how her and her bf have already decided to stay together because they both have an std and instead of saying they're together because they love each other, she's being noble and protecting the world form infection. Ummm, shouldn't you be planning a life together because you love each other? She's also going on and on and on about how he's going to be a doctor, but doesn't realize that doesn't happen right away - he's got med school to go through first.

I had an amazing Sunday, Roy and I just hung out all day and relaxed. Then he wouldn't let me go home lol so I slept over and got up this morning with him. I accidentally fell back asleep when I got home though.

Today is going to be CLEAN MY ROOM day. Also, my classes begin again today - two week break is over.

It's a rainy and overcast Monday :C Have a good one ladies!
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:14 AM   #4  
Samantha417

Shauna- He's not proposing because we're both 22, I still have grad school, he's graduating in the fall, and he most likely doesn't have the money for a ring.
Stella- I know I'm still young, and I know I have to get my life in order still. I'm not saying that I want to get married tomorrow. I don't want to get married until I have a masters degree in my hand. Actually, I probably won't get married until I'm 25 because we have to pay for the wedding, my mom won't be able to afford it because she's paying for my graduate school. I was just complaining because I was just so annoyed at the time. I get crap on all ends of my life with people asking me when we're getting engaged, blah blah blah. It gets tiring.
And my mom is so superficial about things. She's told me that because I'm going to be a speech pathologist, that Greg better get me a ring with a HUGE rock to match how much money I'll be making. She's referring this to the speech pathologists she's worked with. I've seen their rings before, but the reason they have those rings is because their husbands are DOCTORS. It doesn't matter how much I make, I'm not the one buying it!! Everyone's so superficial about the ring...It's a sign that seals the deal, no the whole idea.

I'm done with it. I know it'll come, we talk about our future all of the time, so I know it's coming. I'm just happy I have what I have.

anyway...I was off plan just a bit on the weekend, but no binges. TOM started yesterday, so I was flipping out about getting chocolate. So I got a hershey's bar. One good thing about eating chocolate at work, if it's busy out, you can only take a half a bite, run out to ring for a couple minutes, and then run back into the office for another half a bite...and repeat. So it ended up taking me almost an hour to eat a chocolate bar.

But even with all of that, I've been working out, and the scales still say 141. So I'm hoping that because I'll be on track this week, I'll have a glorious whoosh, and I might see the 130's by the end of the week. I definitely have noticed some changes with my body, just suddenly this week. My hips have gone down. And with the weight training, I'm starting to see some toning in my arms. So I'm happy

It's supposed to be gorgeous on wednesday, and I have off on wednesday. I managed to bribe my mom to play hookey and we're going to go to the beach!

FLYERS PLAY TONIGHT!!!!!!! GOOOO FLYERS!!!

ok i'm done, have a great day!

Last edited by Samantha417; 05-24-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:15 AM   #5  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Yeah, I had a similar facebook experience, stellarosa27. Basically she let me know that she was engaged, I've met the boyfriend and they mentioned how they were going over wedding plans and everything with the girl's parents. Very serious and had been going on for over a year and some. etc, etc, etc. Then a week or so ago, her status on facebook changed from engaged to 'it's complicated', then to single within a few days. And not a word about it since, but the engagement ring photos are still up and she still makes comments/pokes/updates like nothing changed.

So then I am left with questions like, what happened? O.o;;; Should I be offering some support, she'd call me if she wanted to talk about it, etc. But it was completely out of the blue and was as eventful as her changing something as simple as eyeglass frames or something.

I sure hope that the bridesmaids that got their dresses can return them!

But I completely get the 'being sick of hearing' about engagements/wedding stuff.
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

Well, I definitely feel better today than I did yesterday. I'm thinking I just slept in too late yesterday and it put my whole attitude off.

Ferel, my weekends are exactly the same. I feel like I will do fine and then we go over to my friend's house and I don't track and it throws everything off. Also, hubby is at home and it just seems harder for me to keep up with him around. I don't know why that is, it just does. So, I agree...we need to come up with something to help us stay on track over the weekend. Also, glad you had a good time at the beach! Sounds like so much fun!

Stella, I don't think the ring should be THAT important either. It is about getting engaged to the love of your life...not the material side of it.

Mary, my classes start back next Tuesday.

Samantha, well that's a good reason to not be proposed to..haha! I was married at 23, but that was because we already had a child together and we lived with each other anyway...it was time to just go ahead and get married. Anyway, sounds like you got a good head on your shoulders. Get done with school first and then go to the next level...do not need the extra stress of marriage along with grad school.

zanheltangia, that is weird about your friend. I think if it were me, I would be calling her and asking about it...if you are close. If it wasn't a close friend then I probably would not call but I would definitely be concerned and wanting to know what happened.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

My best friend got engaged yesterday... and it made me a little overwhelmed...they have been together for 7 years and both have careers so it was the next step... It just made me feel like a loser because I dont have a career, and I'm struggling

With that being said... in gernal I love where I am (besides the crapola the world took on my family) I have lost a ton of weight, I have an amazing boyfriend, and I'm getting ready to go to law school... In the end I think I will be ahead...its just getting there

like you lovely ladies the weekends have been tough for me...soo much going on... I dont totally over eat I just eat bad stuff... so that is the problem right now and I'm working on fixing it... I just cannot go back to where I once was so I'm trying to nip it in the butt...

I'm struggling with a new body that I really like but am not completely satisfied with....I just have to keep pushing myself

I had an awesome weekend.... I drank a ton, I danced on a table...with a pole gotta love Baltimore... funny thing is my mom also danced on a table with a pole so yes awesome adventure..forgot the camera but I should have some emailed to me soon and I will totally share.

I've been super emotional lately and super stressed out and anxious... LSAT in 2 weeks and then hopefully I can breathe

The baby is being a complete terror.... FML

Also were getting my sister an English Bulldog...anyone had any experience with them?
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:32 AM   #8  
Brighter than the moon!

I just get irritated when women put so much emphasis on marriage. I could go on and on about it, and I'll spare everyone the details because I'm bound to insult someone along the way.

Haley - I <3 Baltimore

Today sucks. It just sucks. I want to go home and cry. And eat chocolate. I didn't work out this morning because my thighs are killing me from spinning this weekend, so I'm going to go work out after work (yay stairmaster) but work just sucks right now.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:36 AM   #9  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Stella - I gotta 2nd you on the engagement stuff (no offense to anyone)... I keep saying that I'm glad I'm single because it's less complicated. So I think I should just keep rolling with that. I'm DONE DONE DONE with boys right now. They're all stupid (sorry Josten).

Mary - can you clean my room while you're at it? I have a ton of laundry laying all over the place.

Samantha - I hear ya on the hoping for an awesome TOM woosh. Maybe I can get to the almost out of the 180s. Have fun on Wednesday!

Zan - I've got nothing. I guess just wait until she brings it up?

Shauna - are you feeling better? As far as weekends sometimes I become a hermit because it's easier to eat on plan being a hermit than it is to control myself when I go out. So frustrating.

Haley - as far as bulldogs go - they are the CUTEST PUPPIES EVER!!! They tend to have a lot of allergy problems and can have problems with their back legs when they get older. It's kind of the equivalent of a torn ACL, mostly because they're heavy dogs and have itty bitty legs. If you have any specific questions I can ask Matt... he has an 8 yr old bulldog that is his CHILD.

Mondays suck. Just thought I would remind everyone.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:40 AM   #10  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

Being engaged is totally overrated. It's calmed down a bit for me since we're getting closer to the wedding date, but when we first announced it, people went crazy about the ring, the proposal - pretty much everything but the, "Congratulations on making the decision to spend the rest of your life with this person."

It amazed me how disappointed some people were with our engagement story (there isn't one - we've been together almost 8 years now, so we pretty much just decided that the time was right to get married) or that my fiance didn't go blow thousands and thousands of dollars that he doesn't have on some ring (we used my great-grandmothers - it's small, but it suits me perfectly). Of course, those closest to us were thrilled, but it seemed like a lot of our casual acquaintances had some seriously misplaced priorities!

Anyways, I was pretty on plan this weekend, but I'm kind of bummed that it wasn't reflected on the scale. I know why - I did eat a little extra food late last night before bed, and that always sticks around for me. Plus, it's TOM and my legs are super sore from a longer run I did yesterday. I'm happy to still be down .2 lbs from last week, and I know that this will go away - I just really wanted to see 16- on the scale this morning.

Plus, I'm nervous about this coming weekend. I'm headed back to MI for two wedding showers and I hope I'm able to stay on plan. I don't have as many events revolving around food as I did last time, but it's tough enough just being outside of my normal environment. Makes me wonder if I'll ever get out of the 170s, since I've been hanging out here since Christmas!
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:45 AM   #11  
Brighter than the moon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smisen View Post
people went crazy about the ring, the proposal - pretty much everything but the, "Congratulations on making the decision to spend the rest of your life with this person."
Yeah, like...that's the important part...but oh well. People can just write me off as the crazy single girl
Old 05-24-2010, 11:52 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

I've always said I dont even care about a ring or a wedding... you could make me a ring out of a twisty tie... I dont even like wearing rings...

and a wedding? the money is outrageous...buy me a house
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:02 PM   #13  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Haley - That sounds like a blast, can I come dancing with you? lol!

Stella - Is everything ok?

Feral - If I can even find my way out of mine lol.
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:30 PM   #14  
Brighter than the moon!

Haley - I'm kind of with you. I do want a party, but kind of low-key. And I have my grandmother's engagement diamond - make a ring out of that and I'm thrilled.

So a few weeks ago I had that situation with the d-bag where he yelled at me in a meeting, and I spoke to my boss about it. Instead of speaking to him about his inappropriate behavior, we just had a team meeting about "fostering a positive work environment" and my boss singled me out to start the discussion, which I declined. Like the solution was to censure the d-head, not to make us all sit through an hour of uncomfortableness.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:09 PM   #15  
Its Alana Time

S/C/G: 217/ticker/150

Height: 5'4.5''

Hey ladies,

Its been awhile so ill jump right in. Marriage. I have my own views just like everyone else. Basically I want a wedding similar to the Budweiser commercial where it plays out like an auction. Get me to the party asap. There is a girl here at work who gave her bf an ultimatum. They were going on a cruise and right before they left he told her that he didn't think that she was "the one." Please tell me how after someone says that to you, then you come home with a ring?!?! For me, as long as I am more excited about spending the next 50 years with someone more than anything else, its my time.

Stella - awkward.

Haley - oh the days of being up on a table/platform/etc. You were with friends so I am sure those are safe. The last time I did, this random person took my picture. Thought it was funny at the time, but I am just going to save myself the trouble and not go out for a miss usa pageant

Feral - agreed about the weekends. We all need a group huddle on fridays. That is the sole reason I am not partaking in all the food festivals that have started. Its like how can 2 days totally trump 5?

Ok I can do more later. My only updates are I have started a new nutrition plan and am currently on phase I of 6, I refuse to go to happy hour on fridays bc of the brutal workouts my trainer puts me through (lesson learned of fri when I turned very pale on sat. Ps I am half black), and I got a new job. Gave 2 weeks today.

Have a great one
starmac13 is offline   Reply With Quote