Old 07-24-2006, 09:30 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Weekly Chat// July 24-30

Last week of July. There's NO way I'm going to make the challenge I set out for myself. You'd think 7 pounds would be easily attainable in a month. Doesn't seem to be for me. Then again, I think I've proved to myself that exercise IS the only way I'm going to get this weight off me. So if I SERIOUSLY want to get into smaller clothes and look better (and the main reason---feel better about the way I look!), then I've got to get serious about exercise. And water. lol.
Hope you all had a great weekend!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:25 AM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Well, I had a sugar filled weekend Not at all what I wanted. On the plus side, my mom came to visit, and we had a great time. We discovered, my dd is now wearing a size 6 ladies shoe!

Im back op today, 100% until all the weight is off! Im also implimenting my exercise program today, and I will keep my promise to myself.

I almost forgot......I cut all my hair off!! Ive been debating for months, and while my mom was here (she used to be a hairdresser) I showed her the pic I wanted my hair to be like, and chop chop chop, its done!! I love it! Its going to take about 2 weeks for my hair to relax a bit, as it usually does when I get a drastic change. But it does exactly what I want it to do, and makes me look so much better. I found the long hair was pulling down my face and making me look older. Whenever I pulled it back and up, I looked so much younger......so, shorter hair does the same thing.

Have a great day ladies!

Last edited by RobinW; 07-24-2006 at 11:30 AM.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:41 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Robin: WTG on the awesome plan! And the haircut sounds AWESOME. It must be the season for short hair...because I had gotten mine cut as well! It's shorter than I wanted...but I'm adjusting (with the heat, it's great!)

Can't muster the enthusiasm to exercise in this heat. So will have to try to get that in quick (maybe after the AC has pumped out cool air for a while). Off to go get more water. At least I'm determined about THAT!!
Old 07-24-2006, 07:33 PM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone. I am back on program yesterday and today. I have lost 1 of the 2 lbs. that I gained over the wedding weekend. I have been making a conscious effort to drink more water. Now, if I could just follow suit with the exercise. Have a gyno appt. in the AM. fun, fun, joy, joy. Maybe I'll lose the other lb. tonite, when I shave these legs. LOL. It must be the season for shorter haircuts, I got mine cut too. I am determined to get back on that darn treadmill tonite. I am having coffee right now to perk me up a bit. This weather is draining me and making me lazy.
I got my new bed delivered today and have to wait for DH to get home tonite to put it together. I sure hope it is comfy, DH is mourning the loss of the old bed and saying how comfy he thought it was. I told him to look at the bright side, at least with the king size, his feet won't hang off and our labrador won't be able to lick his toes at night. LOL, But, then again maybe he liked that.
Good luck to everyone and it's nice to see you all posting.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:20 AM   #5  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

Well i started back OP yesterday, made it through the day just fine. My new goal is 170 lbs. I am going to follow the program that Robin has come up with. When hit 199 then I will introduce fruits. I have to do this. No more messing around. I have been talking to a air force recruiter and he says that he can get me in as long as i get to 170 lbs. then he said that on average people lose another 20-30 lbs in boot camp. pretty crazy. So I am back.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 01:55 PM   #6  
Lovin' Life

Afternoon

Dd and I have been out shopping all morning. Started some of her back to school shopping. I just cant get over the prices of clothes....and thats ON SALE!! I told her she had to quit eating, we needed to stunt her growth a bit I got the "mom!! eye roll"

Well, time to go find something else to do....there is so much I dont know where to start.

Have a great day ladies!
Old 07-25-2006, 02:27 PM   #7  
lilybelle

Hi everyone. I had my gyno. appt. Bad news, she thinks I have a lot of bowel adhesions down in my pelvis and is sending me back to a surgeon. How many surgeries can one person have? I am so tired of being in pain and having surgeries. Sorry to be such downer, I am just depressed over this new finding. Hope everyone else is having a better day than me.
The good news was this doctor asked me if I had Weight Loss Surgery because I am so much thinner than I was when I used to work with her about 5 yrs. ago. I explained that I had not and that I am on Atkins.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:04 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 211/162/135

Height: 5'3"

hey ya girlies...

I'm still here. Just haven't had much to say. I'm still OP and losing. yay. Even with eating a bowl of ice cream each night. (low carb) lol

I'm trying to keep my carbs at no more than 25 a day. Once I get to 170 I may bump that up to 30.

Keep up the good work all. You can do this.

Mind over the mouth you know.

- Jux
Juxtapose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 10:27 AM   #9  
Baby Steps

Today is my oldest DD's birthday...she's 14!!!! So of course I've got to make cake. And was thinking of making lasagna seeing how she's been asking for that. Haven't decided if I'm going to stay OP..or celebrate her birthday. Will see how I feel later I've got a plan to exercise in a little while. Have to go to the store as the youngest DD wants to get her sis a BD present--makeup! I'm ok with that as long as I get to pretty much pick it out. lol. So it's off to get stuff done
Old 07-26-2006, 10:31 AM   #10  
It's my perogative!

Well guys I am on my 3rd day and so far so good. Just wish I could get back to the gym or go PT with my recruiter, I just cant seem to drag myself out of bed somedays, but my husband will be home on friday and he will have no problem shoving me out and getting me to go if i tell him to. That is one thing i love about him. Well I checked my measurements and they are down so that is a plus. I am glad. Just hope they keep going. Goood luck with eating today guys.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:39 PM   #11  
lilybelle

It sounds like everyone else is doing great. Yeah!
Brenda, my kids have been asking for home-made chicken and dumplings, now that would be hard for me to resist. I have made lasagna twice since starting Atkins and took the whole pan to my DH and his co-workers, but it sure smelled good. Good luck with the cake. I know that on each of my kids birthdays that I made them cake and allowed myself one piece. I couldn't resist.
Juxapose, I love the low-carb ice cream and have it occasionally too.
iloveMike, Congrat's on the measurements, that is always a good thing.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:41 AM   #12  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

Lilly~ Ive substituted the noodles with cooked cabbage leaves

Our brochures finally arrived yesterday It took so long for me to design them, get them just right, and then get them printed!! It was worth the wait, Im very happy with them. Dh and I spent yesterday handing out heaps of them.

Im off to get started with my day....have a good one ladies.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:43 AM   #13  
Under construction

Height: 5'3"

Brenda, that's so cool! My youngest stepdaughter turns 14 today. :-)

I hope everyone has a great day. I know I'm feeling really good and optimistic; I'm taking the "100 Cheat-Free Days" challenge, and I honestly think I can do it!
tipsygypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:54 AM   #14  
It's my perogative!

Well so far so good ladies. I still have not cheated at all. I dont have the urges to do so. So I am on day 4 and hopefully past all the crappy withdraw feeling days. I hope that everyone has a good one.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:25 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 176/171/130

Height: 5'3

Smile WhyWhy Why?

Why when you are doing everything right does your body throw you a curve. Well i gained a half a pound back. It doesnt discourage me though.....but i did alot of exercise yesterday and it just shocks me. But it might be close to that TOM.I am just gonna push forward and hope that i continue losing no matter how little i lose or gain.....because I know that i am getting healthier. And I feel 100% better. I am very excited about starting my new job on monday. I havent worked since hurricane Katrina and its been rough. But now im settled and happy and i cant wait. It finally feels like my life is getting back on track. I hope you all have a wonderful day and Happy dieting. I am here if anyone needs some support or if anyone needs a buddy. I live in the charlotte nc area if anyone wants to get into walking with me. I do most days and i do 2 1/2 to 3 miles.
pamela_05too is offline   Reply With Quote