3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   ~~Weekly Chat - February 1 to February 7 ~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/192911-%7E%7Eweekly-chat-february-1-february-7-%7E%7E.html)

MyPitBullSmiles 02-07-2010 01:20 PM

Hey ladies! Sorry I haven't been around! Been super busy! After gaining weight on 1200 cals/day AND exercising... I decided to change tactics. I found some intuitive eating books at the library and I'm 1/2 way through the first one. In 4 days of simply waiting for hunger and STOPPING when I'm full (that's the hard part, I'm not that good at it) I've lost 2 lbs. In that 2 lbs I've eaten out 3 times (hubby was off work and he is SO BAD for my dieting!!) AND had chips, soda, homemade AND store bought pizza, (we had friends over every night, they all brought junk food). 2 LBS!!! Ofc I'm eating tiny portions, but I'm FULL (I naturally have a small stomach and I've been overeating for YEARS to "get enough" nutrition. Um NO!). Plus I've had LOADS of leftover energy (we played Tennis twice, started running, and I've been rebounding on the days I haven't been doing those). Unfortunately I wrenched my shoulder yesterday and now I'm on a rest day! I WANNA GO PLAY!!!! Crap :(. Anyway, I found a new kind of makeup that actually feels GOOD on my skin so DH bought me a bunch of stuff. How sweet!! He doesn't even LIKE makeup! AWW! What else to say? Nothing!

stargzr 02-07-2010 01:38 PM

ali - You are so cute in that dress!!! I love the jacket you paired with it too!

new jess - Welcome!

Jazz jess - Happy to see you back around! I was down in san diego yesterday to celebrate my mom's birthday with her. :) We went to Fillippi's for dinner last night - over in little italy... Dunno if you go there often. It was really good!

feral - good for you studying, even though it was just because there was nothing else to do, lol. I'd prolly have surfed the net instead. I'm such a procrasinator sometimes.

five - That's so cool, traveling with bands.

shan - YAY for you studying too! lol Hopefully the bf realizes it was a silly fight too and you guys make up soon. ;)

air - YAY for size 14s!! You must feel great knowing your pants will stay up now, :lol:

pitbull - That's great you've finally found something to help you lose!! I think that's the hardest thing - to find a plan that works for you AND that you can stick with.

As for me, I had an eventful Friday night. Hubby and I carpool to work... so we meet at the car and go to leave, the driving feels funny and there's a weird noise. We decide he needs to check it out so we park and guess what? A flat tire! Yipes. So he (being the manly man he is) goes on to the trunk and pops out the spare and jack. Then for the life of us, we can't figure out this high tech jack! So it took us like 35 minutes and he finally got it. He changed the tire (go my man!!!) and we leave to go home and get the tire fixed in the morning. Then I realize we bought the tires at this place on the way home. So we stopped by and they said they'd fix it free (since we bought the warranty) and give us a good discount if we needed a new tire. Although, their guy had to go on lunch, so it'd be an hour, hour and a half until he got back. Hubby was nice and brought me home so I could run on our treadmill and make up for my missed workout the day before. He left to get the tire fixed. I was really afraid I wouldn't get to work-out or eat right on Friday night, because we were both hungry and considered going to this awesome burger place that's just a couple buildings away from the tire shop. YAY for willpower! ...and a very supportive hubby. Saturday we were out at san diego to celebrate my mom's bday (which is monday, but we both work that day). Anyhow, she chose ice cream cake for her bday cake and I had some... because I haven't had any cake in sooooo long and I knew it would make her happy if we all enjoyed it. Then we played board games all afternoon and then went out to dinner and this cute little italian place in downtown san diego. It was really good and I managed to eat a bit of salad before dinner and then only ate about half my plate of spaghetti. :D But I kinda splurged and had a canolli (sp?). I'd never had one before, it was interesting. hehe. My reward for all this? A loss today. :D I've met my Valentine's goal a week early! I've never met a goal on my weight loss so far!!!! I like to set goals a little high, because I don't mind too much if I can't make it. But I did it. So I'm super happy today! Hope all your SuperBowl sunday is great!!!

Feral 02-07-2010 02:11 PM

Okay ladies here's a question for all of you:

My friends Misty and Kevin are getting married on 3/11 which is a Thursday in Atlanta. I won't be able to make it to their wedding, but they said they were going to have some kind of reception/party that weekend so I've been planning on coming down for that. I was unable to make it to Misty's first wedding, so thought it would be nice to come down to share part of this one.

So I've kind of planned visiting some other friends and what not that same weekend, staying Thurs night-Monday night.

As I said - reception/party plans were pending. Sunday is my best friend Holly's birthday and I was planning on staying with her that weekend.

Misty just messaged me and said they have been given a cabin for Friday and Saturday to take everyone, but it's in Pigeon Forge, TN. Not that far of a drive from ATL, but as you can see this cuts into my weekend plans of visiting other people because I was planning on more of a few hours at a reception in town.

I don't have a car, Holly has to work (and also has 2 kids). My friend Damien who is also going doesn't have a car so it's not like I could just ride up there with him.

Leaving me with the question of WHAT do I do? I'm not sure of any other close friends that will be going up there. Also, Holly's birthday is on Sunday and I want to spend that with her so the possibility of spending the day with Kevin and Misty when they get back in town is out of the question as well.

What the heck do I do?

I already looked and there are no airports/flights from where I live into Gatlinburg and I love my car, but I don't want to drive it all over God's green creation. It's a 6.5 drive from where I live to TN, a 4 hour drive from TN to ATL and a 7 hour drive from ATL to where I live. Plus, if I drive everywhere that considerably cuts down what time I COULD be spending with people... even if I rented a car.

HaleyisLove 02-07-2010 02:37 PM

Feral- No clue what you should do... Stella probably did lose power because a lot of people around here did, especially in her area...so thats prob the issue

Pit- Glad you found something that works for you... I have had a horrible eating weekend...I'm blaming the snow

I just spent a really long time attempting to dig my car out... I gave up before it was over... I was so sweaty my clothes on the inside were soaked and my clothes on the outside were soaked from the snow...not fun at all...

LSAT study time...ugh

Feral 02-07-2010 03:22 PM

Looks like you got your exercise in after all!!!!

Pit - sounds like things are working out :)

I was thinking in the shower, which is where I do a lot of my thinking... and I'm pretty sure my problem this week is that I haven't been eating regularly so my metabolism is going into starvation mode. The other day I didn't eat until almost 8pm. I haven't been having breakfast or even a morning snack. It's just been really irregular... so I guess it's time to start eating every 3-4 hours again. DUH. Silly Feral!!!!

In my procrastinating... I am now going to the mall. [This is BAD]

Update: I went to the mall and the store I was going to (Bath Junkie) is no longer there. MOOT POINT!

Jess7286 02-07-2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaleyisLove (Post 3140238)
I just spent a really long time attempting to dig my car out... I gave up before it was over... I was so sweaty my clothes on the inside were soaked and my clothes on the outside were soaked from the snow...not fun at all...

LSAT study time...ugh

Forget digging the car out, go do those LR. I'm starting GW again in August. Believe me, you thought the LSATs were hard, try 1L. Ugh. But it's lots of fun. I did 2 months of it, then decided it wasn't the right time for me.

But good luck with the LSATs. You taking them in June?

HaleyisLove 02-07-2010 05:33 PM

Jess- My day has been full of Logical Reasoning haha... I'm sure its extremely hard... I'm excited but super scared... Yes I'm taking them in June and then I'm headed to San Diego the following week haha... any and all study advice is appreciated :)

Feral- That was God saying you didnt need to go shopping and to get your butt home to study haha

stargzr 02-07-2010 06:22 PM

feral - That's a tough decision. If I were you, I think I would probably skip that weekend, wait until Misty was going to be in town with her new hubby and go out there when it's just them. Take a small present and offer to take them out to dinner to spend time with just them. It'll give you a chance to get together with your other friends and make Misty feel important that you'll be coming to spend time with her. :) Just my opinion... ;)

HaleyisLove 02-07-2010 06:32 PM

Yeah my only suggestion was to pick a different weekend...that way you didnt have to worry about being in too many places at once...and a weekend that was less packed where you could do things at your own pace

artsnsmarts 02-07-2010 06:33 PM

Sorry I've been MIA for a few days..... been busy getting life stuff together and sort of forgot to track my food for the last few days. Had some WAYYYYYY over-indulgences in food last night which I paid for last night by not being able to decide whether I felt like I was going to puke or have an unpleasant situation on the other end (TMI - sorry!!). So I think I learned my lesson there, haha!!

I have a HUGE audition tomorrow for one of my favorite composers...I hope it goes well!! I just got my hair cut and am feeling pretty good...so I am hoping for the best :)

Feral 02-07-2010 07:00 PM

Good suggestion guys. I thought about that too. Now the only downside of that would not being there to see Holly on her birthday. However, my friends are having a psytrance party the weekend of the 27th and I could see EVERYONE. LOL Decisions, decisions.

So I had a little bit of a melt down earlier. Got really overwhelmed by some stuff. The catalyst was my friend Matt said he may be moving over seas. Now, I don't get to see him regularly because he lives in Ga. but that doesn't mean there's an OCEAN between us. He needs to do it for his career so I understand, but I had a bit of a pity party of one.

Now that my head is out of my butt I feel better. I also feel MOTIVATED.

So, I'm going to do an experiment this week. I am NOT an early riser, however, I am going to take my showers at night, get up early, fix some coffee and see if I can do a little bit of studying in the morning. The only day I will NOT be doing this is Tuesday (that's my long day) and maybe Wednesday (cause I'm tired from my long Tuesday).

Maybe I can actually force myself to drill this crap into my head?

And yes Haley - the universe said "stop spending money, go home and study."

I feel a lot better today because I have really limited my sodium intake. I also haven't had a single soda. So I've had coffee, 4 glasses of water, and green tea.

Arts - GOOD LUCK with the audition. Pics of the new haircut?!

MyPitBullSmiles 02-07-2010 07:18 PM

Feral- I would skip the wedding.... But I hate weddings! I didn't even really have one! So maybe disregard me....

Today I'm supposed to be taking it super easy because hubby and I have discovered that playing tennis in the rain is super fun and I sort of overdid it yesterday. My neck and shoulders are killing me! Well today is my one un-busy day this week it looks like so I'm hoping to make it count! I'm counting the days until hubby starts his new shift (for the first time like ever he'll work a regular M-F shift!). I'm sick of having my "weekends" on weekdays!

Oh we found a few place about 30 min away that has gluten free pizza... But it SUCKED!! We spent $30 on 2 10inch pizzas (which looked more like 8 inch with almost no toppings at all), I was anticipating leftovers and the crust AND toppings were so thin that I ate the whole thing (which for me is incredible because I have a SMALL stomach, I can't even finish a whole can of soda at once). Poor hubby ate it and was still hungry! Ok so never going back there!! Esp since there is a red robin just down the road!! Weve been going to that town, walking the mall, eating, and playing tennis. It's been so fun!

My friend's husband left her a few days ago. I have offered to help however I can, but she's one of those "I don't want to be a burden" people. She is this INCREDIBLE gal, she drove my hubby to work when he didn't drive, she has helped us a thousand times!! She has recently developed some health issues and was basically forced to take a leave of absence. As soon as she couldn't wait on him hand and foot... he left. I am NOT a big fan of him. I'm kind of hoping he stays gone. I just wish I could help! Maybe I'll just keep bugging her every day until she cracks and lets me do something for her.

Feral 02-07-2010 07:41 PM

Pit - sorry to hear about the tennis! Take it easy!!!! Sounds like you guys mayb be better off making your own gluten free pizza :) Do you find that since "gluten free" is becoming more mainstream it's easier to eat out or find things to prepare yourselves?

I think with your friend (I hate to hear that happened to her - her hubby is a word I can't use on here but use your imagination!!!) you're just going to have to go help her and MAKE her accept your help. Otherwise, she's never going to. Unfortunately I'm the same personality type, will help friends all day but have a really hard time accepting help myself. When people put their foot down it doesn't give you much choice. :) She sounds like a great friend!

HaleyisLove 02-07-2010 08:20 PM

Pit- My roommate was glutten free so I know a lot about this stuff... I think... do you have an UNO's near you? they have a glutten free pizza that she said was really good

Feral- I do my best studying early in the morning when there is nothing on tv and there are no people for me to talk to :)

I had a meltdown...fight with my mom... fight with my dad...found out I had to work... cried bc it was dark and my car was still stuck in the snow... I dug my car out in the dark...broke the shovel...used the broken shovel and proceeded to cry and shovel...finally my dad came to help me...but prior to that I was outside cursing and crying..luckily I live in the woods...

Feral 02-07-2010 09:53 PM

:hug: I'm sorry Haley. I guess it's just a day for meltdowns. :(

Here's what helped me...

"This is a time of great change. Change is merely Shiva's dance. Lower self is overwhelmed. Higher self is unmoved. Follow your heart and you will rise above the challenge of change." -Babaji

I hope you feel better.