3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   ~~Weekly Chat - February 1 to February 7 ~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/192911-%7E%7Eweekly-chat-february-1-february-7-%7E%7E.html)

shantroy 02-03-2010 11:53 AM

I wrote my undergrad honours thesis on sex and the city, and how each girl was the extreme archetype of the 4 different types of women. Carry is the girl who never wants to grow up, Miranda is the career driven one, Charlotte is miss Suzy homemaker, and Samantha is the "male". It was super interesting and I got to watch lots of TV for school!

So I'm down 1.2lbs from yesterday, which put me in a really good mood this morning. I think I aced my Aging midterm so I'm having a pretty good week. I'm freakin out about my midterm on Monday, I have less than a week to teach myself 5 chapters of Brain and Behavior.... Yuck! Brain stuff is entirely why I switched my major to Sociology the first time around. Even though I have way to much to study, I'm super excited for the weekend. I've got, theatre tickets with my bf and her bf (we double date) on Friday and then some friends are heading downtown for drinks on Saturday. I'm going to bale on my super bowl party, just coz I know I really really need to study for that stupid exam.

I've got some reading to do for class, so I'll be back in a bit to do personals.

mojolove05 02-03-2010 12:00 PM

Hey ladies. I am sooo excited. My scale said 169.2 this morning. I have NEVER been this weight. Well maybe I was in elementary school before I knew was a scale was but I know I was about 175 in 7th grade. So excited.

Have any of you checked out the templates on Microsoft for weight loss tracking, etc. I looked this morning and there are tons. I think I found something else to get excited about. I'm a nerd when it comes to tracking weight loss. They also have some to plan your meals, track your food/water, etc. I downloaded the one below and just deleted the extra person from it. It's telling me I've lost 1.4 lbs. and 0.8% body weight so far for the month of February. YAY. You guys should go check them out.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...CT101443491033

kendal 02-03-2010 12:13 PM

im back on track yay! and i finally got a permanent job. the people i work with are diet conscious too.

HaleyisLove 02-03-2010 12:34 PM

Forest- I have knee issues... um and I'm scared to run... I can sprint...its just the constant running treadmill thing that scares me... plus I'm really into the stairmaster these days

Star- I'm glad were an inspiration however my scale hates me and claims I now weigh 224 pounds..Grrr... also yes I'll be in Coronado for a week or so in June...love it there!

Mary- my snow is pretty melty now too...bc its sunny...however we have a blizzard coming this weekend...

Feral- You're not the weekest link... I think I'm not even going to be at 220 again... my scale sucks

Also I really hate that I just read that someone who weighs 230 pounds fits into a size 16 almost 14...wtf...

LSAT time... I'll talk to you ladie later

stargzr 02-03-2010 12:47 PM

kendal - That's great news! Congrats on the perm position!

haley - That's awesome you'll be all the way over here! btw - you never know what someone considers to 'fit' so that "almost 14" could really be... lying on the bed sucking in with someone sitting on my belly fitting. lol

stellarosa27 02-03-2010 12:54 PM

Mary - Seriously, I have like tons of ironing. That could be an arm workout? jk :)

Feral/Haley - Really, I'm going to say that I'm the weakest link. I'm great at losing weight and then gaining it right back. You should see my fit day graph. It looks like a 3 year old was drawing mountains on my computer. We can so do this, we just have to keep each other accountable. (see following story about cheeseburger)

Haley - My knees bother me too, but once I got below 210 they stopped bothering me. And I run slow - like as fast as some people walk. I also got fitted for running shoes and if my knees hurt, I don't run. You just have to be careful, but I think you can so do it. And I'm seriously considering re-joining a gym so I can have elliptical time (oh how I miss it) so I understand your love of the stairmaster.

Mojo - That's so exciting!! :) And I'll have to check out those trackers. I'm also a geek when it comes to that. Yay graphs!

Shan - So THAT'S which one Carrie is. I always wondered. I love them all.

Kendal - that's so great - I think the attitude of co-workers really helps with this whole weight loss thing.

Star- exactly. I wore a size 14 at 223 - should I have been wearing it? No. I probably should have been a 16 or an 18, but I was in denial and my clothes stretched :)

Okay, so CB texted and said he forgot his lunch and would I like to go out (he works about 5 minutes away from me). So I had a cheeseburger. BUT!! It was a little cheeseburger (I heart 5 guys) with lettuce and tomato and I only had like 6 fries (he's a fry pusher). The whole thing came out to less calories than what I had originally packed for lunch, just instead of lentil soup and stir fry I had a cheeseburger. I'm going to work out later at school and I have a nice, healthy turkey sandwich for dinner, so this shouldn't kill me.

And it was worth it because it was just me and him :) Lots of times when we go out to lunch its me, him and some of his co-workers.

Yes, I'm a huge tool. :)

forestroad 02-03-2010 01:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
mojo- congrats! that's a great feeling.

kendal- congrats on the new job!

haley- don't be afraid! i started out run/walking on the treadmill--running till i felt like stopping, walking a bit, running again, etc. But, if you have knee issues and you're loving the stairmaster, go with what you know :)

stella- sounds like lunch was amazing; i wouldn't sweat the actual content lol. lentils are sneaky caloric little suckers, aren't they? Also this is my fitday graph:

stellarosa27 02-03-2010 01:13 PM

Forest - he's so friggin cute...

Some of my peaks are a little higher, but yeah, it looks like that. Thanks, it makes me feel better knowing someone at goal has the little 3 year old drawing as well. :)

His razor is apparently dull, so he hasn't shaved, and he's got this rustic beard going on. I'm like omg...like...stop...

He does facial hair well...

EDIT -

Also, I'm like so proud of my baby sister. She's really overweight - I have no idea how much she weighs, but she's always been like that - for a period of time she lost weight on Nutrisystem but then stopped. She's back on Nutrisystem and she's going to the gym for an hour each day - I just want to drive up there and hug her.

platformnine 02-03-2010 01:16 PM

Mojo and Kendal - Congrats!!!

Stella - Always worth it when it's just the two of you lol!

I worked out and I feel good for today :D My friend is on his way over and I have no idea what we're doing today!

Iconised Ghost 02-03-2010 01:25 PM

Haley- JHORTS!! Do you guys really call them that? :lol:

OMG OMG OMG YOU GUYZ 65.2 THIS MORNING.

Im so eating 1400-1500 the rest of the week

Feral 02-03-2010 02:03 PM

CONGRATS LADIES!!!!

So lunch was good and bad. We went to this draft house here that has good food. I ate like 5 pickle chips with ranch. I just couldn't pass them up but didn't go back for seconds as much as I wanted to. I drank 2 of the big red coke glasses full of water.

I got a chicken salad that had no cheese, no croutons, grilled chicken, avacado, bacon and egg on it. However, I did have the honey mustard, but I didn't drown my salad.

All in all I would say my choices were well behaved.

On the DOWNSIDE.... We were literally at lunch for 1.5 hours. They were really busy and apparently their computers went down. It took 45 min for the pickle chips to come out and another 15 minutes for our entress. Apparently I have the balls of the group and was going to talk to the manager. I understand that things happen, but seriously... no excuse for that.

To be honest, if they had just come out and said "hey, we're slammed and our computers are down, it's going to take a little while" I would've been completely cool. Thank god its a teacher work day so we didn't have to be back in exactly an hour. And I ran into my dad and his coworkers there. :)

The other bad news is that our boss apparently decided she's only going to pay us for the hours we've actually worked this week vs. you came in from 9-3 when the building was open so I'm going to give you a whole day instead. Now, how the **** do you expect me to make my 8 hours when the building is only open 6???? Seriously?

Feral 02-03-2010 02:14 PM

Oh, in other news.... I think I may have mentioned I got Mike a birthday/Valentine's day present. His birthday is on the 28th... he really is such a girl. He had posted this:

http://www.woodspriteorganicbody.com...tion_c_41.html

He also LOVES chocolate. So I decided to get the gift set for him because I wasn't sure WHICH he wanted. Also, he's bought me birthday presents and stuff in the past and we've been friends a long time so I didn't mind spending a little extra on him.

Anyway, I bought it, had it shipped to him, except it came to my house with HIS name on it so I was pissed because now I have to ship it again and I already paid for shipping once. Not to mention my mom started asking me 298340293848 questions and I don't talk about my business with my parents like that. I emailed the company today just to let them know they had made the mistake and got a phone call within 2 hours. I just called the guy back and he apologized sincerely (apparently it was actually his fault) and credited back the amount for shipping to my card.

He was soooo apologetic and I didn't reem him, I just wanted them to be aware.

So all is well in the organic body stuff world again. LOL

platformnine 02-03-2010 04:34 PM

So the day has actually turned out pretty good, my guy friends are coming over to hang out!

stellarosa27 02-03-2010 05:40 PM

I was just able to run at 5.0 for 2 minute intervals :)

:) :) :) :)

(I know its slow, but its the fastest I've ever gone)

aliquot 02-03-2010 06:35 PM

fjeiawofjewi I was having a good day until I went to my brow waxing appointment. I wanted to have my brows (and my gross moustache, ick!) done before my boyfriend gets here tomorrow night. I've been doing both of these for years now and have never, ever had a problem besides slight irritation under the brows sometimes. Today I came out and had three vertical RED stripes between my brows like she just split my skin open. It hurts. :(