3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   ~~Weekly Chat - February 1 to February 7 ~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/192911-%7E%7Eweekly-chat-february-1-february-7-%7E%7E.html)

aliquot 02-04-2010 09:49 PM

Thanks stella lol, I went. And no one else was there, so I got to watch Grey's Anatomy on the TV...

Also, I AM AT MINUS 10 POUNDS AS OF THIS MORNING.

stellarosa27 02-04-2010 09:52 PM

Woo hoo! Congrats!!

I tried to run but for some reason I couldn't do it - This would have been the 3rd day in a row and usually I alternate, so I think my legs were just tired.

Sooooo to compensate I stayed on my treadmill for 100 minutes and went a total of 5.6 miles - that includes some of my early sprint attempts. The only reason I stopped at 100 minutes...my treadmill reset...

Tomorrow is going to HURT.

Also tomorrow is going to be my rest day.

Iconised Ghost 02-05-2010 12:13 AM

back up to 66kg this morning xD So i guess more than 1400 isnt a good idea. Maybe I should try zigzagging 1400 though? hmm

artsnsmarts 02-05-2010 12:21 AM

Hey ladies!!

I'm really sorry I don't have time to go back and read all the pages I missed... I'm exhausted!!

I have a big presentation tomorrow and also a scene performance in my acting class, so I still have a lot of work to do before I go to bed. I'm HOPEFULLY hanging out with a friend tomorrow night (he frequently bails. It's just the way he is and it's beyond infuriating), so I'm not working out. I double up on workouts on Monday to compensate.

Also, I'm down to 209.5!! I'm AMAZED at how fast this weight is coming off!! I know it might not last for long, but I'm enjoying it right now, haha!! I think it's because I'm doing harder cardio than I ever have before. I'm spinning 3x week and have dance twice, so I'm definitely getting my workouts in!!

Have a great night, ladies!

jazzang 02-05-2010 01:05 AM

yesterday it was chinese food. today it was girls scout cookies... and tomorrow there's gonna be pizza. This whole job things is wreaking havoc on my weight loss plans. today i went to work at 6:30 and didn't leave the office until after 5:30... and by then i was soooo exhausted that i could not even think about working out. dam you thin mints!!! i'm scared to step on the scale tomorrow... it's not going to be good.... UGHH. I'm somewhat disgusted with myself... I've been hovering at 172.5 or 173 for the past week or so.... and the only reason i haven't gained is because i've been moving and unpacking and climbing stairs a lot, and not going too overboard on the calories. but i haven't worked out in a weeek!!! i don't know what to do.... i think i'm going to go out dancing tomorrow night... and drinking lol. and i think i should go on a nice sunday run before the superbowl. and prepare myself for the gym after work next week, and force myself to go regardless of how tired i am. even if i take a nap in my car before heading into the gym. lol that's super lame, but i know if i go to my apartment, i won't leave again!!!! i'm tirrrrred :dizzy:

Air81 02-05-2010 01:10 AM

Jazz~ Such is life my dear. My schedule is like that with grad school and church commitments on top. I was doing 5hr of sleep nights this week and I couldn't do it last night anymore and skipped my run. I hate being tired! but oh i missed working out!

RememberHowToSmile 02-05-2010 02:00 AM

Ladies,
I think I've mentioned that I've been a little down lately. Well let me tell you something that made me fell a whole bunch better today. I know this is going to sound weird but for work I had to pull up my old pre-op photos before I got my tummy tuck and breast lift and implants. (back story I got it done in December 2008 after losing 130 pounds, my weight remained stable for a year and they removed 11 pounds of skin from my stomach). So I had to pull up these photos and I realized that although I've had such a terrible body image of myself lately and how much I've hated myself lately I shouldn't. I looked at those photos and they reminded me how far I've come. More so then looking at photos of me at 300 pounds. Seeing the skin hanging on my stomach made me realize fell so much better about myself now and how far I've come. That although I still need to have my hips, thighs, and back done, I'm much smaller inside. It's funny how life works sometimes. How when you feel so down something like that can make you feel so much better.

stellarosa27 02-05-2010 08:59 AM

Jess - That's what I used to do - bring gym clothes to work and then go right after - if I went home I went to sleep. I found that if I munched on fruit before I got to the gym it helped with my energy a LOT.
I also come to work stocked with food - fruits, vegetables, etc - I don't bring more than the calories I can have for the day - that way when someone says "hey, you want pizza" I can say oh no, I have my lunch. I mean it doesn't work all the time, but that's what's really helped me while doing this at work.

Remember - That's awesome - I'm glad you feel better :)

Icon - I'm up too. /annoyed

Arts - Awesome, girl :)

Pain. Pain. Pain. My hips hurt. I'm 28. This is ridiculous. Someone told me to go see if I can get inserts for my running shoes that might correct oddities about the way I walk (and I walk weird). But ow.

I'm also up to 181.4 which I'm going to say is water retention. I logged all my calories from yesterday and it was only 1600 - not enough to put me up 0.6 lbs. My muscles are also really tight, I ate at about 9:30 and I haven't been able to go to the bathroom in about 24 hours (sorry, TMI, but it counts).

My body is exhausted so today is definitely a rest day. I may play the Wii later - guitar hero has missed me.

platformnine 02-05-2010 09:02 AM

Gah, I don't have time to read back a few pages, but congrats on the losses and don't worry about the gains!

So, update, it is now more than likely that my friend is getting kicked out of school, the professor has just totally gone on a rampage and made it his personal mission to get my friend dismissed. BUT, the good news is that he's come to terms with it and has accepted it and isn't letting it stop his career or his efforts to transfer. So at least that's somewhat over.

My other friend... has been my best friend for years. She's the one I had a problem with in the fall. Well, turns out her life is kind of falling apart right now and she was lying to me about it. She's gone back with her crazy ex and, to be frank, I'm tired of picking up the pieces. I've always fought her battles for her and cleaned up her messes. This time she has to learn how to fall on her face and put herself back together before she can learn that she has to change. I can't coddle her any longer.

And things with John and I are actually pretty great. Now my affection for him has just kind of grown into a love as a friend kind of thing, which is mutual, and we've become really close over the last few weeks. I'm excited because it feels like one of those friends-for-life kind of things. And who knows, maybe something will happen between us down the road, just right now isn't a good time. But we're both ok with that :) We've been having a blast just hanging out together.

My scale is still stubbornly at 162, but I haven't been able to go to the bathroom yet, so I could really be at 161 or 160. The awesome thing is that we've planned an impromptu trip to the mountains on Sunday, so I'm going snowboarding yaaaay!

Hokay, now onto classwork and cleaning my room, and then I'm going to a party tonight wahooo!

HaleyisLove 02-05-2010 09:24 AM

Good Morning Ladies...that was a lot of reading

I had the tacos... sour cream and all... and I had a brownie sunday with ice cream and apparently that is good for you because I'm in the 2 teens today... which yesterday I was at 222.5... so I'll say its a better thing

Honestly I only ate 400 calories before dinner yesterday so the dinner was probably fine.... (I do this horrible thing called eating like a bird so I can eat something yummy... its probably not a good idea)

I had a good time with the Russian...he finds my family entertaining...I find them embarassing...his parents are like genious people who make a ton of money...mine not so much...anyways

Remember- you have come a long way... be proud of yourself...you're such an inspiration

Feral- we wouldnt think you were all witchy or anything... I find this stuff very interesting...

Air- You're funny... thanks for making me laugh

Jess- keep on trucking... your life has completely changed... you just need to figure out a schedule and plan that works for you... I use to go to the gym at 6:30 am go to class and meetings and work and not get home til about 6 at night... I know how it is to feel like you have no time to do anything..but you can do it... we all believe in you

Ok so supposedly we can be covered in a million feet of snow and everyone is freaking out...and I'm going to be snowed in with my parents all weekend... being snowed in is fine...but with my parents? not as thrilling as it may sound... My mom will cook horrible food and I will just want to eat and I wont even be able to get to the gym... so I'm headed there now to get my fix for a little bit

Feral 02-05-2010 10:10 AM

Remember - the universe works in mysterious ways. Guess it knew you needed a little pick me up. And WOW you really have come SO FAR!!!! :) Congrats! Chin up! You're a weight loss rock star!

Jess
- I'm still jealous of your chinese food. HAHA! You know what you need to work on so I guess just make time. It's hard and it sucks, but... no pain, no loss right. [get it, instead of no pain no gain. sorry that was bad!]

Ali - CONGRATS!!! 10 lbs isn't anything to scoff at my friend.

Stella - My hips hurt a lot too. Mostly if I sit indian style too long or if I sleep on one hip for the majority of the night. You could also try going to a chiropractor. It's interesting how big of a difference that makes. I never realized how crooked I was until I got my chest piece (tattoo) done and started going to the chiropractor.

That sounded like a weird statement - when I got my chest piece and the girl drew it, she wanted to make sure it wasn't crooked and was nice enough to point out that one of my shoulders actually sits noticeably lower than the other. Well, it's not THAT noticeable unless you're trying to put something straight on someone. ;)

Mary - I hear you girl. I'm the "fixer" and mother hen. Always helping my friends pick up the pieces. Eventually you just have to let them go. I've learned over time that you can only do so much and they're either never going to learn or they will when they have to pick themselves back up.

Sounds like you and John worked things out. Have a great time snow boarding this weekend!

Haley - I feel your pain! I was snowed in with my parents last weekend. Fortunately they didn't make horrible things because now they're trying to watch what they eat. Also, I didn't really much too horribly all things considered. Get some healthy snacks and try to keep yourself occupied.

I did NOT forget my wallet at home today. HAHA!

I have to go to the dentist today for my check up for the oral surgery I had around Christmas. This is going to sound so gross but if I can't tell you guys who can I tell?

I've started noticing some staining on my bottom teeth around where I had the surgery done. I mean like... noticeable staining. I've NEVER had this problem in my life. I will admit I drink diet coke/diet dr pepper and I drink coffee. I used to be a smoker, but NEVER had any kind of staining what so ever. I am soooo embarrassed. It's mainly on the back side but there is a little on the front (mostly where my teeth meet). I feel like it's SUPER OBVIOUS because I'm aware of it. The only thing I can figure is that the Periodex mouth wash is causing it? I'm going to have to ask today. The odd thing too is that it's just on those bottom front teeth. One of the side effects of the mouth wash is staining, but I've used it before and never had a problem.

Either way I'm not happy. I JUST had my teeth cleaned a month ago and this is nasty and ughhhh! I don't know if they'll be able to get any of it off today or if I'm going to have to go back to my regular dentist to have them cleaned again. I don't want to pay to have it done again when I had it done ONE MONTH AGO! GRRRRR!

Okay, hopefully ranting is over for the day. I rant too much, but you guys really do help my sanity.

Have a great FRIDAY everyone!

stargzr 02-05-2010 10:26 AM

Icon – I’ve started doing that with my calories, I say if you want to try it out. :)

Arts – It’s great to see it coming off so quickly, huh? How great!

Jazz – So glad you like your job! It’s probably pretty hectic now because you are still settling into a new schedule, etc. I’m sure you’ll get a handle on it soon enough and then you’ll have more time. ;)

Remember – I’m so glad you feel better. It seems like when you feel really down there’s always something that can help you feel better. :)

Stella – If you have a local running store, I suggest you go there to get fitted for running shoes. It was the best running purchase I’ve made! My shoes may have cost more than I’m accustomed to spending on shoes (like $20, lol, I’m cheap I know), but I seriously don’t get shin splints anymore. It’s a miracle!

Platform – It’s hard to see friends going through hard times and not help them, so I wish you and your friend all the best with the current situation. Good to hear about John and you also!

Haley – I’m jealous of your tacos, lol. I can’t control myself with tacos. I also compensate all day if I know my dinner is going to not be as good as normal, so I understand that.

Feral - Sorry to hear about the teeth issue. I hate when stuff is wrong with my teeth. I LOVE going to the dentist so that's not a big deal. I hope they're able to figure out why it's happening so you can try to avoid doing any more damage. YAY for remembering your wallet, lol.

I’m having the worst week in a while so I’m feeling rather down about lots of things. I really didn’t want to run yesterday so I didn’t. That’s the very first run I’ve missed since I started running at the beginning of November. I’m feeling really guilty today for choosing not to run and I’ll compensate by doing an extra long run tonight. I think I’m more disappointed in myself that I let myself off the hook last night and just CHOSE to not do it. Anyhow, that’s not why my week is bad… just a log on the fire, if you will. I’m usually really closed off, so it’s a big thing for me to actually admit I’m feeling horrible. Blah… it will get better. I’ll run extra long tonight and eat well, I’ll feel better about my weight loss efforts at least. :) I hope you all are having a fabulous Friday!

stellarosa27 02-05-2010 11:16 AM

Feral - I am anti-chiropractor. I'd go to an orthopedic, but I don't trust someone who didn't go to med school messing with my back. I know, its silly, so many people go to them, it was just drilled in my head by my former boss (a pediatrician).

Star - I have been fitted for running shoes (they were what I was wearing). It may just be the distance and the high impact - my plan this weekend is to maybe increase up to 8 miles tomorrow and just rest. I was running a lot this week without rest, so that might have compounded it.

Okay - its snowing. I'm leaving work - I'll do stuff at home, but I am not getting stuck on these roads. I only live 6 miles away but with MD drivers and snow that could take me 8 hours to get home.

platformnine 02-05-2010 11:56 AM

Feral - Yeah, that's the approach I'm taking because it's starting to affect me.

Star - Eek, I hope you feel better! :hug:

Stella - Get home safe!

forestroad 02-05-2010 11:57 AM

Wow that's a lot of personals!

Icon- how long did you give the higher calories a try before calling the experiment a failure?

Mary- love the avatar!

I went on a little wine bender last night while watching Gossip Girl, and dehydrated my way back down to 130 this morning lol. OP today so I don't pay too hard for the extra calories.