3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   ~~Weekly Chat - February 1 to February 7 ~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/192911-%7E%7Eweekly-chat-february-1-february-7-%7E%7E.html)

stellarosa27 02-01-2010 09:16 AM

~~Weekly Chat - February 1 to February 7 ~~

Good moooorning ladies :)

I'm in a much better mood after this weekend - I no longer feel like the world hates me.

Yay. I'm going to credit listening to Michael Buble for hours on end for the improvement.

I just have to work late today (boo) and then run and do a whooooole lot of reading for school. Yay public health.

Happy Monday/Tuesday!! :)

Feral 02-01-2010 09:39 AM

Morning!!!!

I stayed in bed until 8 today and it was greattttt!!!!! I had a really weird dream about my grandma's old house. Long story short my grandma died, my brother stayed in her house for a little while, moved in with his gf at the time, I was in ATL and my dad and his brother's sold her house. It was GREAT property. The house was over 50 years old and needed a lot of work, but only like 5 minutes away from downtown in a little neighborhood area.

So they sold the house and the owners tore down the house and built this HUGE house on a little piece of property. Luckily they didn't tear down the HUGE oak tree in the front yard. I would've been pissed about that because that tree was something my dad and his brother's grew up playing in as well as me and my brother, cousins.

I had this random dream last night where I was in the old house and for some reason my parents and I were staying there, but they were trying to sell the house so all of these random people were coming through looking at it. At one point I was on the couch and I was almost in tears because I felt like in losing the house, we were losing our only connection to my grandparents. And I didn't see him, but I heard my grandfather speaking to me and he said "It's just a house. Your grandmother and I are always with you, there's no need to be upset over material objects." As hokey as it sounds, I really felt connected to them in that dream. The weird part to this... as if it wasn't already weird, is that I never met my grandfather. He died before all of the grandchildren were born, but I know he's "around."

SO yeah... that was pretty cool.

No work today... just more studying.

I'm still at 195.5 so I'm going to take that as a def loss. Now, if I can just get another .5 before Wednesday!

stellarosa27 02-01-2010 09:42 AM

Feral - I have weird dreams like that all the time and I DEFINITELY believe its my mom talking to me from wherever she is. I believe in all that hokey stuff :)

A few months after she died I had a dream that we were in the kitchen, and she was talking and I was like well, do you feel BETTER? and she was like yes, I feel great - I took that as a sign that she was okay and I needed to stop worrying.

My best friend also had dreams about her - I really and truly believe its her and not my imagination.

So maybe that was your grandfather just reassuring you :)

Feral 02-01-2010 09:48 AM

Yeah the things with my grandfather is that right after I was born my mom had a dream about him. They were in the hospital and my dad was holding me and Pop was there and my dad turns to him and says "Look Pop, it's a little girl and she has brown eyes just like me." (All of the grandchildren on my dad's side have blue eyes, except for me) Pop said "Yeah, I know, I picked her out just for you." My mom said it was the most vivid dream she's ever had.

I didn't learn this until I was in middle school, but my whole life I've always felt he was around, even though I didn't "know" him.

I also had a dream about my grandmother shortly after she died. We were in her house and I was talking to her. I don't remember what she said, but again, I felt like it was a definite connection.

I think that's cool you've had the same experiences with your mom. :)

stargzr 02-01-2010 10:31 AM

Morning Ladies! Great way to start the week with positive notes. :)
I had a really good weekend -eating wise. I'm down to 170 as of this morning and am super excited that I now have less than 10lbs left until my original goal. Not sure if I mentioned, but I'm calorie cycling to get the scale moving again. So far it's working so hopefully it'll continue to work. :) Hubby and I got a free 30day trial to a video store in our town... we can rent free for 30days. It's limited to 1 movie per day, so we made a list of all the ones we want to see. I'll be a movie watching fiend this month! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

stellarosa27 02-01-2010 10:53 AM

Star - that's awesome!!

Feral - yeah, I actually try to will myself into having them. Its very odd - its like I talk to my mom before I go to sleep, hoping she'll come say hi. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. (it worked last week :) )

Feral 02-01-2010 11:37 AM

NSV MONDAY FTW!!!!

I have this pair of jeans which I haven't worn in a lonnnnng time. I don't even know what size they really are because they're one of Lane Bryant's weird sizes (they have 1,2,3 not 14,16,18, etc).

A few weeks ago (we'll call it a month) I pulled them out of the closet because i hadn't worn them in a while. TBH I figured I wouldn't fit into them, but I wanted to see. I pulled them on and couldn't even button them.

So 12 lbs later... I decided to try them on this morning. I figured I would see how they fit and take progress pictures in those because it's a good way to measure.

They slid on AND they buttoned. Now, there's some def muffin top, but I should easily be able to wear these again in another 10 lbs comfortably.

I'll post pics later.

HOORAY!

stellarosa27 02-01-2010 11:46 AM

Yay Feral!!! :)

So CB is coming over for dinner :)

I made this kick-a$$ stir fry yesterday, and I will be making it again. We're going to watch Airplane (I've never seen it). Yeah, that school reading is not getting done lol

Chele615 02-01-2010 12:58 PM

Stella - Reading or time with CB? CB should definitely win out ;) LOL

Feral - I have dreams every now and then where my grandparents make cameo appearances. I love it because they have been gone for a long time and I love seeing them. Grandpa died when I was 13 and Grammy died when I was 8.

I'm at school right now and probably shouldn't be here....hehe. But I actually feel caught up on work (IEPs are written and grades are calculated). So I have about 5 more minutes before the block ends, so I figured I would check in here quick.

MiZTaCCen 02-01-2010 01:39 PM

Morning Ladies!
My weekend sucked, I was very lazy and ate a bunch of crap =[ Oh well I'm not dwelling on it now. haha. I spelt in until 11:30 today since I'm on 12 day's off of work. =]
Today looks wonderful outside its sunny and only -3!
Has anyone ever has a weird dream where you had a video game character come to life in it? Mario from mario brothers was in my dream last night wanting to beat up one of my cousin's friends. lol.

HaleyisLove 02-01-2010 02:10 PM

I rarely remember my dreams but I had a weird one about handing from an airplane and then jumping and landing and being fine and then being pulled back into the plane by a string... haha

My cousin was a year younger than I was and died my senior year of high school...after she died I had one of her rings and I kept it in my wallet...one day at work I lost it... a year later I was working at the same place again for the summer and I ended up working with my cousins boyfriends sister ( the two of them died in a car accident together) his sister was telling me she always feels her brother around her and he does stuff like turns the lights on and off and whatever... I was like Sara ( my cousin) never visits me and just left it at that..later that day her ring was sitting on the counter...probably the coolest thing ever.

I had a date with the stairmaster today and it was amazing! I'm keeping my fingers crossed with the Russian... I just need things to work... bc I cant be the sad girl if they dont

Stella- I'm sooo excited that you get to hang with CB! have fun

MizT- I ate bad this weekend as well...ugh... also I saw a special on tv years ago about a kid who was asleep and dreamed he was in a mario brothers game and he jumped out of the window...

HaleyisLove 02-01-2010 02:16 PM

opps forgot

Feral- Congrats... my only attractive jeans are now way too big...I have no clue what I'm going to do...wear dresses all the time? thats ok in the winter months right?

stellarosa27 02-01-2010 02:35 PM

Haley - I've been buying cheap jeans just go get me through. Like JC Penny has them for under $20 sometimes. I can justify that. But dresses do rock. That's what I do in the summer, wear skirts/dresses.

Miz - way to be positive with the whole "only -3" :)

stargzr 02-01-2010 02:45 PM

feral - Congrats!! That's so great!!

haley - You are my hero for doing the stairmaster! I've never been on it, I swear when I walk by it, it gives me the evil eye. :lol:

MyPitBullSmiles 02-01-2010 02:52 PM

I'm KNOWN for my weird dreams. Just an example, last night I dreamed that I was kidnapped along with my sister (in her high school days, not now), a larger gentlemen in his 50s, and a mentally handicapped woman in her 20s (with brown hair and a blue shirt). We were dropped off in the middle of nowhere and a voice said "follow the signs and you'll get out alive" and the 3 "assistants" who dropped us off galloped off on horseback. One girl fell off and I managed to get a hold of her horse. I grew up on horses (rehabbed my first abused horse all by myself when I was 11. Now he's a trail horse belonging to my 7 yr old neice), so I knew the "wild" horses around us weren't wild (they were gelded. So I knew they were tame) so I set about to roping a few and my sis "made" halters out of twine. We mounted up (giving the handicapped girl the horse with a saddle so she had more stability) and we rode off. Then my dogs jumped on the bed and woke me up.

Yup my dreams are strange and VERY detailed! I can remember the specific brand/style of saddle, the cut of the reins, the coloring of the horses... Strange I know.

I totally believe in ghosts, except nobody I loved has ever died (most of my relatives are either alive, super horrible people who thankfully died, or I never knew), so the only ghosts I've ever had experiences with have been fairly negative. Sokay tho. I don't care of people don't believe me. To each their own!!!

Monday is hubby's last workday of the week so we're about to embark on our weekend!!! YAY! I gained 1.5 lbs overnight and I exercised yesterday AND ate 1400 calories (usually I only have 1200 and I'm full, last night I overate :barf:). So I'm tossing calories out the window for a while. In the next week I need to focus on not eating until I'm hungry and STOPPING when I'm full, and exercising MORE! Even if i don't lose weight at least I'm developing healthy habits that'll improve my health. Chubby or not!

Otherwise, I have TONS of cleaning to do before we have tons of guests over for the weekend... we'll see if it gets done! :club: Probably not.

foresmewithlove 02-01-2010 02:53 PM

Haley - I wear dresses all the time! All my pants are WAY too big and I'm sick of constantly pulling them up. But luckily I love wearing dresses and am very comfortable in them, plus I own tights in every color in the rainbow (except maybe orange and green) so they work for winter! All you need is a great pair of boots! I have grey suede boots that go with everything!

I think I might take all of my too big clothes down to a consignment shop and see if I can get some cash or store credit to buy things that actually fit. Has anyone had success in this?

shantroy 02-01-2010 02:58 PM

I'm up a pound from yesterday which, totally sucks and definitely put me in a bad mood this morning. I was so ticked off, I left my phone and wallet at home! Thank-god I had cash in my pocket to pay for parking on campus!

I'm in a better mood now, I got a paper back today and I got 110%! The prof gave me 11/10 I couldn't believe it. She even asked if she could have a copy to show other students, because it was that good. Not bad for something I banged off in a couple of hours. It's too bad that the paper is only worth 10% of my grade.....

I'm at home eating a quick bite then I'm back to campus to study for my mid term tomorrow. Can't believe it's midterm time already!

I hardly ever remember my dreams. I can't think of a single one that stands out for me in the last little while. It sucks, I wish I remembered them, but I never do. I really should start keep a dreaming diary or something.

My boyfriend once dreamed that someone was breaking into the condo and I woke up to him straddling me with a pillow over my face! I was too freaked out to sleep with him for a while!

MiZTaCCen 02-01-2010 03:03 PM

Haley - Oh dear, that's sad did the boy died? Well lucky for me Mario was just a party wanting to beat up one of my cousins friends lol.

Stella - -3 is nothing, winters out here are burtal and can go up to -40 so to me -3 is like spring haha.

MyPitBullSmiles 02-01-2010 03:42 PM

Sheesh!! It's considered freakishly cold here if we get to 30F!!! I'm glad for that! Hubby lived in Newfoundland for a while and got acclimated to cold so we always tease him about never needing a coat. I'm jealous tho, I'm always cold!

stellarosa27 02-01-2010 04:14 PM

Esme - I've been doing that with my clothes. I just take the cash. Its not a lot, but its more than I would get if I just donated them.

HaleyisLove 02-01-2010 04:15 PM

MizT... Yes her, her boyfriend and his best friend all died.. crazy crazy story...

josten 02-01-2010 04:20 PM

MizT - Are we talking about Celsius or Fahrenheit? If its the later I will agree that is far too cold. Otherwise that is a nice spring day indeed.

Sadly I know I have dreams, but they instantly fade from my memory the second I wake up. I try desperately to hold on and if I liked the dream I will try to fall back asleep to start where I left off. Sadly that last bit has never worked.

I guess it would make financial sense to sell back clothes that have gotten too big. Personally I am keeping all of mine and when I get to my goal weight I am going to buy an open pit fireplace for my deck. And have me a good old fashioned bonfire with them. Maybe even with Smores.

And enjoy Airplane - its another movie you should have already seen. :P

shortandfluffy 02-01-2010 04:31 PM

You guys gave me goosebumps reading about the dreams..

Feral yours about your grandfather actually made me cry.

I have very vivid dreams too.. most of the time I remember them and normally they are VERY weird. Make no sense at all.

I have never lost anyone close to me that I loved, so I have never experienced having them in a dream.

Chele615 02-01-2010 05:08 PM

I have had recurring dreams the past couple of months where planes crash....but it's so weird because I'll be standing in my back yard and watch them go down in my front yard. Actually now that I think about it, I never see/hear the actual crash. I just see the plane go low to the ground. Wonder what that one means?

Like I said before, my grammy died when I was 8 years old. Apparently she was really sick with cancer, but honestly I don't remember her being sick at all. I remember her making us peanut butter sandwiches with the crusts cut off and taking us to the park. That's it...hehe. I guess we also went to the wake and beginning part of the funeral to say goodbye. I don't remember that at all so I must have pushed that memory away.

Anyway, a couple years ago, I was flying home from Detroit and was stuck in the middle seat. I was sitting next to this older woman with white hair and the craziest thing is that, because of the sun coming through the plane window, I couldn't really see the woman's face from her nose up. The sunshine was blocking it...if that makes sense. But she just really reminded me of my Grammy with the white curly hair and everything. Anyway, we got to talking and spent the whole 2 hour flight talking about me. I was talking about how my job and how much I loved it and loved the kids that I worked with, and this complete stranger said the most wonderful compliment about how she could tell just how lucky the students were to have someone like me in their corner and that she was proud of me. I really felt like I was sitting there talking to my grandmother although when we landed in Manchester, the woman looked absolutely nothing like what my grandmother looked like.

It was definitely a creepy experience....but such a heartwarming one!

stellarosa27 02-01-2010 05:19 PM

Chele - THAT gave me goosebumps :)

artsnsmarts 02-01-2010 05:27 PM

These are all crazy stories!!!

I'm debating whether to go to yoga or spinning tonight.... I already had a 90-min dance class today, but the thing is that because of this big presentation I have to do, I have to skip my spin class on Friday. I'm trying really hard to get in 3 spin classes a week, and the only other one I could replace it with would be today. The yoga class is my FAVORITE teacher and my FAVORITE class, and is also only offered once a week.

I'm thinking I'll probably do spinning... it's cardio that burns the fat, right?

MiZTaCCen 02-01-2010 05:27 PM

Josten - Celsius =]

loquaciousjogger 02-01-2010 05:31 PM

Hi everyone. My period is late by a week because I've changed up my routine and started working out more... I don't like this development meaning I'm bloated. So, I've been avoiding the scale.

Feral and stella, i understand. I recently lost my first and only love. Feb 14 is the anniversary of his death... Sigh, at least chocolate will be cheap due to valentine's day. I'm trying to move on, but when you care about someone, the ghost of their memories is constantly there. Anytime I go anywhere, I swear I'm going to see him again. I broke up with my ex at the time just a few days before because I wanted to get back with him... I was the last person out of my friends who saw him alive the night he died.... I was with my roommate and after we awkwardly talked, he ran after me before asking me if there was a chance that he could see him that weekend...

Anyways, trying to get over this while trying to eat semi-decently! This weekend, I went to a party with a friend. I met a cute guy, gave him my number and he wants to go on a date apparently... I just got out of a relationship and this death just happened, so I'm kind of sure I'm not sure I want anything serious at all...

I need to stop crying/eating and start working out more...

josten 02-01-2010 05:51 PM

I think I've managed to cause an awkward moment at work with one of my coworkers. I did something that perhaps I shouldn't have done.

But whats worse is the moment will probably happen when I get off work for the day, so not only do I have a hard time with awkward moments. This one I have to try to work for an hour or two before it happens.

Unless one of you ladies can convince me that "Need to Talk" has anything but negative connotations.

HaleyisLove 02-01-2010 07:07 PM

Josten- that statement is sooo confusing... I think you should explain this situation...because I'm dying to hear...

I should be studying for the LSAT but I dont wanna...

Taylor86 02-01-2010 07:18 PM

arts Actually it is the circuit training that burns fat the fastest. For example going on the treadmill for 15 minutes and jogging/walking or walking on an incline and getting your heart rate up than lifting weight for 15 minutes with jumping rope for a minute between the weight sets. Then repeat the treadmill for 15 and then another round of weight (maybe legs if you just did arms ..) and then elliptical or what have you for another 15. Boom hour workout.

MrsHoneycutt 02-01-2010 07:46 PM

All of your dream stories are really interesting... Feral's made me cry! Haley, you are AWESOME for the stairmaster... I lack motivation. I slept late all weekend, AND today... Husband got to come home last night, and he's supposed to be here tonight! He BETTER get to come home tonight, because I made chicken gumbo for him... I've done pretty decent lately with counting calories, haven't gone over by more than 100 calories in the last week or so. Feb 9th marks my 1 month anniversary of calorie counting, so hopefully I can lose another pound or two before then, and make it an even 10 lbs lost.

I need to find out if there are any spinning/yoga/dance classes or anything that I can get a little cardio out of are offered around here... I'm sure there probably are in State College, cause PSU is there, but I don't like going there. =] I'm TOTALLY a hermit... Hate leaving my house.

Back to the dream convo, I haven't recently had any dreams that were memorable.. Anyone here believe in ghosts? Or spirits haunting you? (or watching over you...)

*warning- kinda disturbing story ahead**

A few years ago, my boyfriend at the time borrowed my car (I drove his to work) and he told me that he was going to change my oil and spark plugs and stuff. I worked 11pm-7am at the time, and was going to pick my car up from his house when I got off of work... So, I got to work, and we texted back and forth a little, and then he told me he was going to bed. That was around midnight. Around 6:30 the next morning, my supervisor came and asked me where he was (he was also a nurse there) because he was supposed to work 7-3. I started texting and calling him, trying to wake him up.. I figured he had forgotten that he had to work that morning... I couldn't get a hold of him for the life of me! Anyway, about 10 minutes later, my phone rings, and it's my grandma that lives 2 hours away. She asked me where I was, and I told her that I was at work. Then, she asked me where my car was. I told her Robert had it, and he was changing my oil. She told me that the police were looking for me. SO... at this point, I'm freaking out. Massively. A million different scenarios were going through my head... I thought maybe he had an accident in my car, or was selling drugs or something.. LOL... I didn't know what was going on...
So, at 7, I left work, and got in his car, and my phone rang... It was the police department in my hometown (again, 2 hours from where I lived at the time). They asked me if I still drove a yellow beetle, and I said yes. Then they asked me where it was, and I said my boyfriend had it cause he was going to change my oil... THEN, they told me that the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation (OSBI) was looking for me... At this point, I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a heart attack... I start driving towards the boyfriend's house, cause I just wanna get my car and totally be done with him (we had had problems in the past, he was really controlling, manipulative, and a cheater). Then, my phone rings again, and it's the OSBI. They asked me where I was, and told me that they had to meet with me and talk to me. I agreed, and they asked me where I wanted to meet. I didn't want them to meet me at my house, because I lived with my mom and sisters at the time, and didn't want them to be freaked out, until I knew what was going on. SO, I asked the OSBI to meet me at a Starbucks about a block away from my house. As soon as I got there, I sat out on the patio and waited, and then up walks an OSBI agent, and a local police officer. They sat down next to me and said, "Robert is dead". Literally that is the first thing that came out of his mouth. I immediately started crying... I had no idea what the he** had happened. They said that he had kidnapped a 16 year old girl, in MY car, and stabbed her to death during a chase with the police. Turns out, this 16 year old girl was his "ex-girlfriend", and also the girl I caught him cheating on me with. (I had no idea of her age...) Mind you, my boyfriend was 32!!! So, basically, he was a pedophile, and had spent MANY a night at my house (with my two little sisters rooms just down the hallway). Fortunately, the police did the PIT manuever on my car, and were able to cause him to lose control and stop (my car was a standard). When the police approached my car, they told him to drop his weapon (he was already stabbing Bailey at this point), and then he stabbed himself in the neck. The police opened fire on him, and killed him. I picked my car up from the Impound a few days later, and they gave me an inventory list of what was confiscated from my car. That psychopath had wigs, fake mustaches, tons of ammo, assault rifles, and tons of other stuff in my Bug. So, I paid $400 to get my car out of impound, and then had to drive it THROUGH THE TOWN THE LITTLE GIRL WAS FROM, in order to get it somewhere until I figured out what to do with it. There was a huge bullet hole through the drivers side door, the drivers window was shot out, there were blood splatters EVERYWHERE. It was a total nightmare. You could literally see where blood had been running out of the car underneath the doors. I took it out to the country, to my cousins house. I didn't know what to do, because at the time, I owed 7k on the car, AND I didn't have full coverage insurance (it would've been totalled). So, I went to the store, bought gloves, sponges, buckets, cleaners, and peroxide, and I cleaned the car out myself. I scrubbed on it for days, and luckily, it came clean. I drove it until this past October bullet holes and all.

I felt a terrible amount of guilt and grief over the little girl that died... A really weird thing happened when I was cleaning out the car, though. I was crying, and talking out loud to her and him, and telling her how sorry I was that this had happened to her... I was absolutely hysterical. I was sitting in the passenger seat with my back to the door, with the door opened, and as I was sitting there crying, I felt a hand on my lower back. It was really distinct. I turned around and no one was there. I'm convinced it was her, telling me that it was OK. I had no idea or way of knowing (at the time)how psychotic he was. Hindsight is 20/20... I didn't really notice how manipulative or controlling he had been to me, until after he was dead.

Five months later, I met the man that would later become my husband. We moved in together a few months after that, and I swear, something was haunting our house. My husband was sitting at the table in the kitchen, and his plate literally came flying at him and hit him in the chest. (Hes not one to believe in stuff like this, and it really freaked him out.) Our bedroom lights would flicker off and on, and another time, we we're getting busy ;) in the living room, and my husband felt something poke him really hard repeatedly in the shoulder.

I talked to a lady that I worked with at the time, and she recommended that I burn sage throughout my house. I did, and basically told whatever spirits were in my house to get out. And we never had the problem again.

You can look up the story about the whole situation with my car... His name was Robert Roberson, and her name was Bailey Thrasher... It happened 9/1/07.

Sorry for the hideously long post.

josten 02-01-2010 07:57 PM

Here I thought I might have killed a weekly chatting thread.

I will admit with as flustered as I was I probably made very little sense. Would you like the long or the short version?

Feral 02-01-2010 08:04 PM

Holy S**t, Mrs. Honeycutt!

I'm so glad that wasn't you.

WOW.

Josten - weekly chat will never die!!! :) And to answer your question, whichever you feel more comfortable with. :)

jazzang 02-01-2010 08:04 PM

Hello ladies!!! Happy monday! I'm writing this from my new desk in my new apartment :D I'm sorry I have been MIA lately. I wanted to get you all caught up though, so here we go...

I am LOVING my new job. I'm even getting used to the schedule... it has been an quite adjustment though, lol. I wake up at 4:45! The work is really interesting to me (but i'm a super nerd :twirly:) and the people are nice, and the day flies by! Friday was actually fun... someone brought in donuts haha. I had one... but that's ok :)

So that was my week last week. Then on sat and sun I moved into my new place!! I'm living with a couple girls who are also recent college grads and working. I couldn't be happier!! I have a lot of unpacking to do... I'm trying not to think about it!

AND I weighed in this morning at 172.5 :woohoo: I guess I'm not all that surprised, even though i ate a ton of crap, because moving was basically a 16 hour workout two days straight :D

MrsHoneycutt 02-01-2010 08:05 PM

Yeah, my little story was a little dark for a light chat. All apologies. But, it DID fit with the whole dream/spirit convo!

MrsHoneycutt 02-01-2010 08:08 PM

Feral- yeah... Me too! I hate that it had to happen at all, but I'm glad I'm ok. It literally feels like it happened a million years ago. Don't think about it much anymore, especially since I don't drive that car anymore!

HaleyisLove 02-01-2010 08:35 PM

Josten- long is fine... I like stories :)

MrsHoney...that was seriously such a crazy story... its amazing where this chat can end up sometimes... its never boring thats for sure

Jess- that is sooo exciting...we miss you around here

josten 02-01-2010 08:37 PM

So if it wasn't obvious from my height, I am one of the few male members of this board and maybe the only one that frequents this little section of it. So I don't have boy problems I have girl problems. :P

I've worked at my job with the State of Alaska for over 2 years now. And this girl has been there since a few months before I started. She has always been stunning - I guess for the longest time I just felt she was beyond out of my league so why even bother. Then right about the 2 year mark all of a sudden I had a crush on her. So to mirror someone else on this board, I'll call her crush girl.

My family has always done a sort of secret santa thing with anonymous gifts left for the 12 days before and including christmas. This was the first year I did it myself - and as I was half way flirting I decided anonymous was boring and told her before she left to go home on christmas eve. I wish I had a picture of her face when she realized it was me and another coworker. I also made table runners for people who had taken the time to talk about my quilts (one of my primary hobbies atm). When she was picking out fabrics to have it made from she kept pulling out bright ones, but then admitted they wouldn't do with her apartment so we went with different colors.

I am someone that once inspired to make a thing can't really make anything else. So I decided to make a quilt out of those bright colors I knew she liked and then give it to her. I guess you could say without her knowing I was quite well wrapped around her finger.

It took me a little over a month to finish that one. The picture if i can manage it will be at the base of this post. I had it dry cleaned (one too many instances of colors bleeding in my washing machine). Put a hand drawn label that was admittedly too forward on. Then stuck it in a box, put a card on top thanking her for inspiring me to change the way I was. (I still felt out of her league, but i changed since i realized the only way i could be, was if I did change). Then I mailed it to her. :P

She had gotten it over the weekend and when I thanked her this morning via email for suggesting a movie I watched last night - she added to the end of her response. "We need to talk before you leave today."

That was about 2 hours before I left for the day, so I had to try to focus for 2 hours knowing I was going to have a more than likely unenjoyable experience very shortly.

That was the long version.

Picture:
/i127.photobucket.com/albums/p149/jsjgw2/Quilts/Bright.jpg

I am not cool enough to post images yet - so you have to put that in your browser.

Chele615 02-01-2010 08:42 PM

MrsHoney ~ WOW!!! I actually said "What the..." out loud and my mom asked if I was alright.

I love the twists and turns that our weekly chats take though. You never know what you're going to be talking about from hour to hour ;)